Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. 17:18 - Oct 4 with 8161 viewsomarjack

So he was left out of Portugal squad for upcoming fixtures..

Well if he's a rapist I'm disappointed and feel terribly sorry for his alleged victims, I highly esteem the guy. WTF is happening in the world, everyone is turning out to be an @sshole.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 17:18]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 21:17 - Oct 7 with 1179 viewsDarran

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 21:05 - Oct 7 by Lohengrin

”There were apparently two similar accusations against him when he played for Man Utd according to social media.”

C’mon now, let’s not go head-first down that rabbit hole. Common sense precludes trial by Tumbler.

I concur.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 21:47 - Oct 7 with 1148 viewslondonlisa2001

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 21:05 - Oct 7 by Lohengrin

”There were apparently two similar accusations against him when he played for Man Utd according to social media.”

C’mon now, let’s not go head-first down that rabbit hole. Common sense precludes trial by Tumbler.

No rabbit hole. Not speculating one way or another on veracity of accusation.

But it appears to be factual that accusations were made. In 2005. By social media I don’t mean some random individual, I mean established media outlets. The Mail and others are running the story for example of one accusation in 2005, with an interview with some taxi driver who is casting doubt on the woman’s story.

Reading the details on this case from Der Spiegel and the lead reporter who has said that they undertook weeks of investigation and have extensive corroboration for everything they have printed (which wouldn’t be a surprise given the risk they’d be taking in printing anything about him without substantial legal sign off, given his legal team), it looks as though he has some very serious questions to answer at the very least.

As you know, in cases of sexual assault, which by their very nature are difficult to prove one way or another, established patterns of behaviour are often something that the police look for.
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 21:57 - Oct 7 with 1142 viewsLohengrin

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 21:47 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

No rabbit hole. Not speculating one way or another on veracity of accusation.

But it appears to be factual that accusations were made. In 2005. By social media I don’t mean some random individual, I mean established media outlets. The Mail and others are running the story for example of one accusation in 2005, with an interview with some taxi driver who is casting doubt on the woman’s story.

Reading the details on this case from Der Spiegel and the lead reporter who has said that they undertook weeks of investigation and have extensive corroboration for everything they have printed (which wouldn’t be a surprise given the risk they’d be taking in printing anything about him without substantial legal sign off, given his legal team), it looks as though he has some very serious questions to answer at the very least.

As you know, in cases of sexual assault, which by their very nature are difficult to prove one way or another, established patterns of behaviour are often something that the police look for.

Did you imagine him to be a homosexual, Lisa?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:07 - Oct 7 with 1117 viewslondonlisa2001

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 21:57 - Oct 7 by Lohengrin

Did you imagine him to be a homosexual, Lisa?

I can’t say I’ve given it a huge amount of thought, but I’ve always thought he may be both to be honest. Although I’ve nothing to base that on other than the reports of the relationship he was supposed to have had with that boxer / kick boxer (or similar), and I’ve always thought it a little strange that he’s had three surrogate children if he’s straight. But that just may be for other reasons

This accusation doesn’t alter that one way or the other of course. Rape has little to do with sex and much more to do with control and power. And some reports of this incident suggest details that wouldn’t be entirely inconsistent.
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:12 - Oct 7 with 1107 viewsItchySphincter

I've read reports that said he buggered her.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:14 - Oct 7 with 1099 viewslondonlisa2001

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:12 - Oct 7 by ItchySphincter

I was just being more circumspect ...
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:16 - Oct 7 with 1099 viewsLohengrin

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:07 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

I can’t say I’ve given it a huge amount of thought, but I’ve always thought he may be both to be honest. Although I’ve nothing to base that on other than the reports of the relationship he was supposed to have had with that boxer / kick boxer (or similar), and I’ve always thought it a little strange that he’s had three surrogate children if he’s straight. But that just may be for other reasons

This accusation doesn’t alter that one way or the other of course. Rape has little to do with sex and much more to do with control and power. And some reports of this incident suggest details that wouldn’t be entirely inconsistent.

The only reason I asked that is because just about everybody in the bar this afternoon assumed he was a homosexual. Nobody made much of it they all seemed to take it as read.

That doesn’t mean he couldn’t have assaulted a woman, of course, but most seemed to think it less likely. What’s your gut feeling?

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:17 - Oct 7 with 1098 viewsLohengrin

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:12 - Oct 7 by ItchySphincter

Really? Good grief!

Login to get fewer ads

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:35 - Oct 7 with 1078 viewslondonlisa2001

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:16 - Oct 7 by Lohengrin

The only reason I asked that is because just about everybody in the bar this afternoon assumed he was a homosexual. Nobody made much of it they all seemed to take it as read.

That doesn’t mean he couldn’t have assaulted a woman, of course, but most seemed to think it less likely. What’s your gut feeling?

About the accusation?

The stuff from Der Spiegel is pretty damning.

It’s hard to understand why someone would accept money to shut up, but having seen the reaction in the past day or so, you can begin to see why a young woman would imagine there was no other option at the time if his legal people were basically saying they’d destroy her if she didn’t.

The comments from Juventus and the Portuguese President (Prime Minister?) are shocking and demonstrate the problem. ‘Who cares if he raped someone, he’s great in training’ - dear God. Depressing beyond belief. Their share price has absolutely tanked and rightly so. And the Portuguese bloke had better hope no women vote there.
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:42 - Oct 7 with 1071 viewsLohengrin

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:35 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

About the accusation?

The stuff from Der Spiegel is pretty damning.

It’s hard to understand why someone would accept money to shut up, but having seen the reaction in the past day or so, you can begin to see why a young woman would imagine there was no other option at the time if his legal people were basically saying they’d destroy her if she didn’t.

The comments from Juventus and the Portuguese President (Prime Minister?) are shocking and demonstrate the problem. ‘Who cares if he raped someone, he’s great in training’ - dear God. Depressing beyond belief. Their share price has absolutely tanked and rightly so. And the Portuguese bloke had better hope no women vote there.

‘Who cares if he raped someone, he’s great in training’

Is that genuine? Surely to God, it can’t be!!!???

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:45 - Oct 7 with 1059 viewslondonlisa2001

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:42 - Oct 7 by Lohengrin

‘Who cares if he raped someone, he’s great in training’

Is that genuine? Surely to God, it can’t be!!!???

I was paraphrasing...

They actually issued this:

“Ronaldo has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus.

“The events allegedly dating back to almost 10 years ago do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion.”

Share price dropped 10%.
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 23:00 - Oct 7 with 1047 viewsLohengrin

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:45 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

I was paraphrasing...

They actually issued this:

“Ronaldo has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus.

“The events allegedly dating back to almost 10 years ago do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion.”

Share price dropped 10%.

Well, you would hope that has suffered in translation.

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 23:34 - Oct 7 with 1021 viewslondonlisa2001

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 23:00 - Oct 7 by Lohengrin

Well, you would hope that has suffered in translation.

It was issued in English on their English twitter account!

Unbelievable.
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 00:31 - Oct 8 with 1000 viewsLohengrin

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 23:34 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

It was issued in English on their English twitter account!

Unbelievable.

Definitely one of those instances where silence is golden.

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 00:40 - Oct 8 with 998 viewsomarjack

Well, After paying a sh!t ton of money for him, You can't expect the Old Lady who's run by the Cosa Nostra to act offended and go against their most precious possession.

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 01:04 - Oct 8 with 985 viewsJosey_Wales37

Don't believe it for 1 second. Probably got lots to do with him showing support for Palestinian people and they trying to pin something.
They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 08:16 - Oct 8 with 914 viewsLohengrin

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 01:04 - Oct 8 by Josey_Wales37

Don't believe it for 1 second. Probably got lots to do with him showing support for Palestinian people and they trying to pin something.

Where the Hell has that come from?

He may be innocent, he may not be, but either way this whole affair has got bugger all to do with Jews, mun!

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 08:21 - Oct 8 with 911 viewsMo_Wives

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 17:18 - Oct 7 by exiledclaseboy

First sentence - I agree. Seems to me to be the majority view though. There are many threads to back that up.

Rest of first para - that’s not my default position so I’m not going to defend it.

Second para - I should have referred to “alleged victim”. Where there’s an alleged crime there’s an alleged victim. If someone is falsely accused of rape then of course they too are a victim.

Glad we cleared that up.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 17:22]

Do me a favour, Easy, go and stand in front of that basketball net...

BACK A BIT FURTHER...BACK....BACK...PERFECT...

I'M GONNA HAVE TO KEEP SHOUTING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME,OK, EASY?

NOW, I'M GLAD YOU AGREE THAT AT THE START OF THE CASE WE HAVE NO CLUE WHO THE VICTIM IS. SO CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THIS EMOTIONAL SHIT DESIGNED TO SHAME PEOPLE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION.
YOU COULD SAY THAT SOME PEOPLE ON PS DEFAULT POSITION IS THAT THE VICTIM IS A LYING SLAG...BUT I DON'T THINK THAT'S VERY CHARITABLE.
A BETTER WAY TO SAY IT MAY BE THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THE ACCUSER IS A VICTIM.
OR ANOTHER WAY COULD BE THAT PS DEFAULT POSITION IS THAT THE ACCUSED IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY..

Well done Planet Swans...or at least some of Planet Swans, It's obvious that some of PS is of the opinion that innocent until proven guilty is a "hideous" way to think.
I'll take that last bit back because I don't want to be uncharitable and sink to the low standards of others. I realise that if rape wasn't seen as a crime where women are the victims these people would not get their logic so twisted. It's more evidence that those who want equal treatment for women are actually pushing for special privileges.
So please stop with the "I want to believe her" and stop with the "this is someone's daughter, sister, mother..." irrelevant. Rose West was someone's daughter, Myra Hindley was someone's sister and the man sitting in the other scale is someone's son. Do we value our daughters more than our sons now?
I think you get my point.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 08:22 - Oct 8 with 908 viewsMo_Wives

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 08:16 - Oct 8 by Lohengrin

He may be innocent, he may not be, but either way this whole affair has got bugger all to do with Jews, mun!

They found a dreidel at the scene.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 08:43 - Oct 8 with 893 viewsItchySphincter

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 01:04 - Oct 8 by Josey_Wales37

LOL. Not really an appropriate subject for smileys, but that is awesome!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:21 - Oct 8 with 802 viewsexiledclaseboy

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 08:21 - Oct 8 by Mo_Wives

Do me a favour, Easy, go and stand in front of that basketball net...

BACK A BIT FURTHER...BACK....BACK...PERFECT...

I'M GONNA HAVE TO KEEP SHOUTING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME,OK, EASY?

NOW, I'M GLAD YOU AGREE THAT AT THE START OF THE CASE WE HAVE NO CLUE WHO THE VICTIM IS. SO CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THIS EMOTIONAL SHIT DESIGNED TO SHAME PEOPLE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION.
YOU COULD SAY THAT SOME PEOPLE ON PS DEFAULT POSITION IS THAT THE VICTIM IS A LYING SLAG...BUT I DON'T THINK THAT'S VERY CHARITABLE.
A BETTER WAY TO SAY IT MAY BE THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THE ACCUSER IS A VICTIM.
OR ANOTHER WAY COULD BE THAT PS DEFAULT POSITION IS THAT THE ACCUSED IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY..

Well done Planet Swans...or at least some of Planet Swans, It's obvious that some of PS is of the opinion that innocent until proven guilty is a "hideous" way to think.
I'll take that last bit back because I don't want to be uncharitable and sink to the low standards of others. I realise that if rape wasn't seen as a crime where women are the victims these people would not get their logic so twisted. It's more evidence that those who want equal treatment for women are actually pushing for special privileges.
So please stop with the "I want to believe her" and stop with the "this is someone's daughter, sister, mother..." irrelevant. Rose West was someone's daughter, Myra Hindley was someone's sister and the man sitting in the other scale is someone's son. Do we value our daughters more than our sons now?
I think you get my point.

I’ve no idea what that’s all about.

Poll: Tory leader

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:37 - Oct 8 with 791 viewstrampie

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 08:16 - Oct 8 by Lohengrin

He never mentioned Jews .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 23:09 - Oct 8 with 776 viewsLoyal

Yeah, that'll be it...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 23:39 - Oct 8 with 755 viewsomarjack

And here's the proof..

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 06:01 - Oct 9 with 705 viewsMo_Wives

They're saying Cristiano Ronaldo is being accused of rape.. on 22:21 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve no idea what that’s all about.

Neither do I. I'll let you know if I remember.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024