Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good enough 16:54 - Oct 20 with 10710 viewsSteensig

Really lack of creativity today, could see the loss all game, not 5 passes in a row without throwing it away, worst game of the season for me.. Thoughts?
Not good enough on 15:19 - Oct 21 with 2106 viewsBadlands

Not good enough on 20:18 - Oct 20 by Fireboy2

We were much the better side,especially in the 2nd half

BUT

We didnt score

And that is because your fvcking mates didnt dip their grubby stinking thieving hedge fund hands into the pot for a striker to help oli out

And btw i did go to the game chris
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 20:23]

Much better against Ipswich but we had a really lucky first (excellent second)
If McBurnie can't put away the chances he's been offered he can not continue in the starting lineup.
The Scots fans let everyone know exactly what Old is all about.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Not good enough on 17:17 - Oct 21 with 2050 viewsCroftyjack

Was it worse than Birmingham??.that was worst I've seen for years but didn't hear or watch yeaterdays.
If so then a tough season is in the making.
Not good enough on 17:21 - Oct 21 with 2046 viewsCroftyjack

Not good enough on 17:12 - Oct 20 by Loyal

Watched it in pure 1080 definition, some of the link play was better than any team in this league. Not sure they have a Specsavers in Munich but they do have a lot of positivity when supporting their local team and see very clearly that the better times are ahead.

How do you think there's better times ahead the..what do they put in those sausages in Munich cos they good.
Not good enough on 17:48 - Oct 21 with 2004 viewsLoyal

Not good enough on 17:21 - Oct 21 by Croftyjack

How do you think there's better times ahead the..what do they put in those sausages in Munich cos they good.

As I said before I'm not the stereotypical swans fan who sees gloom in everything and loves a moan, I hate the fcking board and all they stand for, but give credit where it's due, and yesterday I saw a very young team about to flourish if negativity doesn't kill them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Not good enough on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 2000 viewsMorfa_Same

Not even close to our worst performance of the season. We've played far worse than that.

Villa just about shaded it, but there wasn't much in it. It was probably a fair result.

It's probably stating the obvious to say we've got little creativity and are in dire need of another striker to compete with Oli. Over to you Mr Jenkins.
Not good enough on 20:24 - Oct 21 with 1928 viewsCroftyjack

Not good enough on 02:04 - Oct 21 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with what you say regarding first half being awful and second being better.

But I’m not p*ssed off with today’s performance or result, bad performances and mistakes will happen, it’s a completely new squad, which includes young players starting out in their careers as first team regulars. We are where I expected us to be when the season kicked off and so far so good as far I’m concerned.

There are still huge problems behind the scenes at the club, I have no doubt about that whatsoever, and they will come more into light during the January transfer window.

What worries me is there are supporters that will turn on Potter if we aren’t competing at the top end of the table, they need to keep expectations in check if you ask me and be careful what they wish for if they go down that route.

No-one wants to turn on anyone though other than the board but 1 win in 7 or 2 in 12 as it stands quite frankly is not good enough when the truth is we really aren't using the whole squad are we.
I'm all for given ppl a chance but there is a huge consequence at stake by falling down the league.
Not good enough on 20:30 - Oct 21 with 1921 viewsCroftyjack

Not good enough on 17:48 - Oct 21 by Loyal

As I said before I'm not the stereotypical swans fan who sees gloom in everything and loves a moan, I hate the fcking board and all they stand for, but give credit where it's due, and yesterday I saw a very young team about to flourish if negativity doesn't kill them.

Sounds unlucky...I think our best performance was against Ipswich and we lost that.
Performance wise seems like we on track but we need some tweets to turn into wins it's not like we're being hammered as it's the odd goal so it can be turned round at this stage.
Not good enough on 00:02 - Oct 22 with 1868 views_

Not good enough on 01:41 - Oct 21 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah I do.

You can’t have it both ways. Villa should have been out of sight first half and Tammy should have at least a hat trick, Adamoah should have scored, Grealish aswell, and these were all in the second half which we were apparently dominant?

Yes, I will bring Ipswich into the discussion, as that was a game where we genuinely should have battered them, this was nothing like it whatsoever.

Come on mate, don't make things up.

Here's the link, tell us all where they should have been out of sight?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/villa-1-swans-0-full-match

And where are these Tammy chances?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Not good enough on 08:13 - Oct 22 with 1799 views34dfgdf54

Not good enough on 00:02 - Oct 22 by _

Come on mate, don't make things up.

Here's the link, tell us all where they should have been out of sight?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/villa-1-swans-0-full-match

And where are these Tammy chances?

His Goal
4:54 - did the hard bit bringing it down, absolute sitter from just outside 6 yard box
6:10 - header inside six yard box, got infront of Ollson, should have done better.

I'm not p*ssed off with the result, Villa away was always going to be tough and I wasn't expecting us to get anything. I keep banging the same drum, but I just think some supporters expectations are too high. Potter is on the first year of what is a massive rebuild job, he's trying to blood youngsters in while at the same time staying competive. As long as we are not in the relegation mix it will have been a successful season. He knows more than anyone what's coming in January, and possibly the summer too.

Edit - Potter agrees:
"We had some chances but I think in fairness Aston Villa had some big chances to put the game away. But that's the nature of the Championship.
"We are disappointed and in the first half I think we were affected.
"But in terms of the game Villa had a big chance to put it to bed with Tammy, but that's the Championship."
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 9:49]
Not good enough on 10:42 - Oct 22 with 1752 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Not good enough on 17:57 - Oct 21 by Morfa_Same

Not even close to our worst performance of the season. We've played far worse than that.

Villa just about shaded it, but there wasn't much in it. It was probably a fair result.

It's probably stating the obvious to say we've got little creativity and are in dire need of another striker to compete with Oli. Over to you Mr Jenkins.

Could you or anyone else who keeps saying what they mean by we have little or no "creativity".
Because if you mean "creating" chances to score and we do not have any of that "creativity" just how did we manage 15 shots (4 more than Villa)?
Not good enough on 12:01 - Oct 22 with 1729 viewsSTID2017

Not good enough on 17:17 - Oct 21 by Croftyjack

Was it worse than Birmingham??.that was worst I've seen for years but didn't hear or watch yeaterdays.
If so then a tough season is in the making.

Much better than Birmingham,
That game was a bore draw that was instantly forgettable.
At least against Villa we could have scored a couple (as could they), but we do need to increase the attacking intent when we fall behind.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Not good enough on 12:11 - Oct 22 with 1724 viewsNeathJack

In 7 away games this season the only time we have scored is in the 51 total minutes that Jefferson Montero has been on the pitch.

In the 579 minutes we have played away from home without him on the pitch we haven't scored a single goal.
Not good enough on 13:32 - Oct 22 with 1684 views_

Not good enough on 12:11 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

In 7 away games this season the only time we have scored is in the 51 total minutes that Jefferson Montero has been on the pitch.

In the 579 minutes we have played away from home without him on the pitch we haven't scored a single goal.

A shocking stat but we've got Dyer, Routs and Dan James that have hardly played and all 3 would've offered us a lot more than what we've seen so far.

Potter is bringing on pressure to himself right, left and centre, and deservedly so.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Not good enough on 13:44 - Oct 22 with 1665 views_

Not good enough on 08:13 - Oct 22 by 34dfgdf54

His Goal
4:54 - did the hard bit bringing it down, absolute sitter from just outside 6 yard box
6:10 - header inside six yard box, got infront of Ollson, should have done better.

I'm not p*ssed off with the result, Villa away was always going to be tough and I wasn't expecting us to get anything. I keep banging the same drum, but I just think some supporters expectations are too high. Potter is on the first year of what is a massive rebuild job, he's trying to blood youngsters in while at the same time staying competive. As long as we are not in the relegation mix it will have been a successful season. He knows more than anyone what's coming in January, and possibly the summer too.

Edit - Potter agrees:
"We had some chances but I think in fairness Aston Villa had some big chances to put the game away. But that's the nature of the Championship.
"We are disappointed and in the first half I think we were affected.
"But in terms of the game Villa had a big chance to put it to bed with Tammy, but that's the Championship."
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 9:49]

I thought you said the first half and that you didn't see the second half?

They had very little opportunities in the first half and chances were pretty even overall I'd say. That Tammy chest down was Gilt edged and let's face it, he's shit as his overall game proved yet again. He couldn't bury that from 6 yards with the goal gaping at him.

The header was a decent chance as well.

As for Potter, a lot of our troubles are now down to him and that's become official. I'm not going to slag him off but I'm certainly going to criticise the hell out of him.

His pissing about each and every game is having a big affect and there's no rhyme or reason for him doing so. He's clearly got some bigger plan but we're literally wasting good points in the meantime.

We can expect another 5 changes again this week and it's all very much uncalled for.

His handling of Grimes has been pretty shameful. The boys been in the wilderness for two years and when he gets going and rightly gets the plaudits for his midfield work he drops him back to left back and then out the team completely.

Not good enough from him.

Not good enough on 13:44 - Oct 22 with 1657 viewsLoyal

Not good enough on 13:32 - Oct 22 by _

A shocking stat but we've got Dyer, Routs and Dan James that have hardly played and all 3 would've offered us a lot more than what we've seen so far.

Potter is bringing on pressure to himself right, left and centre, and deservedly so.

That stat is alarming.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Not good enough on 16:14 - Oct 22 with 1606 viewsSkipTheJack

First game I've managed to see this season and I thought we looked a very tidy footballing side that just lacks something in both penalty areas. Up front we're clearly struggling to score goals and on Saturday we looked like we were going to concede every time the ball came in our box. Our defenders are good footballers, but there's a scary lack of a centre half with some determination to get to crosses first.

We're clearly a better footballing side than Villa, and we had the chances to have won it with better finishing, but we could also have lost by 3 or 4 goals. Overall we probably deserved a draw, but this season we're going to lose a lot more games like this by the odd goal.

We won't go up or down this season, so let's just enjoy seeing some young players develop instead - much better than watching some of the mercenaries who've played for us in the last couple of years.
Not good enough on 17:50 - Oct 22 with 1535 viewstrinityann

I think the message now for Mr Potter is enough of the changes and get some consistency in your team selection because we could quitely sneak into a double relegation.

We are one of the lowest scorers in the division and a bit of advice for Mr Potter don't play your lone striker playing on the wing and don't bother with Fulton or McKay, far better players in the squad.

The biggest disappointed for me this season is McBurnie, I was expecting more after his spell at Barnsley. He is just an old fashioned Ian Rush striker, needs service, he is not going to create for himself.
Not good enough on 19:26 - Oct 22 with 1505 viewsFlashberryjack

Not good enough on 18:07 - Oct 20 by Loyal

Ok.
So Huw Jenkins is a better keeper than Nordvelt ?

My response, the advent of the motor car and it's progress mechanically through the ages has made parts of the country more accessible to many tourists.

There, bleeding obvious. And a complete bullshit answer.

Oi !!! don't have a go at me for agreeing with you.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Not good enough on 21:41 - Oct 22 with 1411 viewsLoyal

Not good enough on 19:26 - Oct 22 by Flashberryjack

Oi !!! don't have a go at me for agreeing with you.

My Mrs has been firing lemons out of her clout all weekend, a little bit of sympathy please.

Not good enough on 08:36 - Oct 23 with 1353 viewsMoscowJack

On a bad day, we could have been hammered as we were too open at the back, mainly due to lack of protection from the midfield, I felt.

On a good day, we could have won that comfortably too. It was a weird game.

Villa created the better, more clear-cut chances but Tammy showed that he's still not a PL striker. Thankfully he wasted two chances that were easier than the one he scored from.

We controlled the game for quite a long period but looked very shaky as soon as Villa got the ball. I felt that they were going to open us up every single time.

On the flip-side, we created some reasonable chances from some lovely build-up play. We're obviously a work-in-progress and I do feel like Potter's getting the best out of these players, but I would still prefer him to stick with a more settled starting line-up than he has.

As with several previous games this season, I still felt good about the performance at the end of the game. We were far from perfect, of course, but we're getting there. It's going to be interesting to see how we do against Blackburn and Reading as they are more winable games.

Overall, a solid 7/10, mainly due to the huge effort made and the continuation of the attempts to reproduce our passing game.

Ps did anyone else have a delay (between the crowd noise and the pic/commentary) on SwansTV ? The crowd was cheering before the ball was anywhere near Tammy!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Not good enough on 08:59 - Oct 23 with 1339 viewsploppy

Not good enough on 08:36 - Oct 23 by MoscowJack

On a bad day, we could have been hammered as we were too open at the back, mainly due to lack of protection from the midfield, I felt.

Villa created the better, more clear-cut chances but Tammy showed that he's still not a PL striker. Thankfully he wasted two chances that were easier than the one he scored from.

We controlled the game for quite a long period but looked very shaky as soon as Villa got the ball. I felt that they were going to open us up every single time.

On the flip-side, we created some reasonable chances from some lovely build-up play. We're obviously a work-in-progress and I do feel like Potter's getting the best out of these players, but I would still prefer him to stick with a more settled starting line-up than he has.

As with several previous games this season, I still felt good about the performance at the end of the game. We were far from perfect, of course, but we're getting there. It's going to be interesting to see how we do against Blackburn and Reading as they are more winable games.

Overall, a solid 7/10, mainly due to the huge effort made and the continuation of the attempts to reproduce our passing game.

Ps did anyone else have a delay (between the crowd noise and the pic/commentary) on SwansTV ? The crowd was cheering before the ball was anywhere near Tammy!

With regard to audio/video sync issues, I've experienced this almost every game. Mostly, for me, the audio's ahead of the video which is really annoying - you hear what's happening before you see it. When that's the case I tend to turn the audio off, or at least only listen when there's nothing significant going on - just to hear Wyndham! Weirdly, for the Villa game, the audio was way behind the video (i'm talking about 5 seconds!), which is still crap but at least you're not hearing any "spoilers".

Obviously, when we're away from home, they're commentating "off-tube" in Swansea, presumably. It's obvious for a couple of reasons. Firstly, because they can't see what's going on unless it's in-picture - like off the ball incidents, substitutions, etc. Secondly, one minute Wyndham is talking to Sioned in the studio - next minute he's commentating. Whether that has anything to do with the sync issues, I don't know.

Either way, if I were you, I'd complain!
Not good enough on 11:37 - Oct 23 with 1293 views_

Not good enough on 08:36 - Oct 23 by MoscowJack

Tammy's second header was pretty well defended by Olsson he did enough to put him off considering the height difference.

And Fer was pretty awful overall on Saturday, he gave the ball away in very dangerous situations on more than one occasion.

Not good enough on 11:47 - Oct 23 with 1281 viewsjasper_T

Not good enough on 11:37 - Oct 23 by _

Tammy's second header was pretty well defended by Olsson he did enough to put him off considering the height difference.

And Fer was pretty awful overall on Saturday, he gave the ball away in very dangerous situations on more than one occasion.

He lunged into some really dodgy tackles that Villa fans are still complaining about as well.
Not good enough on 12:02 - Oct 23 with 1264 views_

Not good enough on 11:47 - Oct 23 by jasper_T

He lunged into some really dodgy tackles that Villa fans are still complaining about as well.

He does that a lot.

Not good enough on 13:17 - Oct 23 with 1225 viewsploppy

Not good enough on 12:02 - Oct 23 by _

He does that a lot.

Fer was really poor last Saturday. He got caught in possession numerous times and in very dangerous positions. He has a tendency to dither on the ball - he's always done it and he mostly relies on his strength to get him out of trouble. Makes me wonder what his best position is because as a defensive midfielder he's a mistake waiting to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024