Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is Potter trying to achieve? 19:26 - Oct 21 with 5408 viewsleebracey

Its impossible to gain any momentum making 5-6 changes per game. Is Graham being told what team to put out from above?.
Its possible if VDH and Fer leave in January, we will have a full starting 11 from last years Under 23s.
The football is more enjoyable this season, but the club is miles apart from bridging the gap with loyal supporters.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:32 - Oct 21 with 1201 viewsvalleyboy

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:07 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Celina has done just fine and will get better with a regular set up which isn't changed every week. He needs to have a solid spine behind him and Fer has only just got back.

I agree about Asoro but we haven't given Mackay a good run of games yet either. I think he has far more to offer than an over the hill Dyer, just needs to gain a good run and get a goal or two. He was very good in this division with Forest last season before Karanka came in so he has the capabilities.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 22:15]

Bloody hell

Celina has just done fine

Not given Mackay a good run of games

You said that Mackay was good in the Championship

So much so that as soon as Karanka came in he never had a look in

Think about it

Why was Karanka brought in at Forrest

I don’t suppose it had nothing to do that Forrest wasn’t doing very well before he was brought in

Read some of the postings I had with Colin Jones (Tail Gunner) in where I said that Asoro was a poor signing after see him play last season

Even the game in where he scored against Fulham, but then played exactly as you have seen him play for the Swans this season

Can’t do the basics right.

Always seem to be taking the wrong option then enevitsbly losing possession

And as for giving a decent pass

That’s not in his ability
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:34 - Oct 21 with 1196 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:22 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

McBurnie just turned 22 and ploughing a lone furrow up front in his first full season, Fer clearly not fit after a serious injury... and will no doubt break down again. We all know where the blame lies for this

Should we have replaced McBurnie or be playing two strikers simply to accommodate him?
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:36 - Oct 21 with 1191 viewsSwanjaxs

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:34 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Should we have replaced McBurnie or be playing two strikers simply to accommodate him?

.... we haven't got two strikers

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:42 - Oct 21 with 1182 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:36 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

Do you think we should have bought one so that McBurnie would have a friend, or would a new signing replace McBurnie?
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:47 - Oct 21 with 1176 viewsSwanjaxs

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:42 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Do you think we should have bought one so that McBurnie would have a friend, or would a new signing replace McBurnie?

Of course we should have bought one, and a holding midfielder, and a competent wide man (sorry McKay) ... but we have got a regime intent on asset stripping unfortunately... what's your take?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:02 - Oct 21 with 1143 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:47 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

Of course we should have bought one, and a holding midfielder, and a competent wide man (sorry McKay) ... but we have got a regime intent on asset stripping unfortunately... what's your take?

But do you think we would be playing two strikers or would we have someone else "ploughing a lone furrow up front" like we've always had?
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:06 - Oct 21 with 1141 viewsvalleyboy

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:22 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

McBurnie just turned 22 and ploughing a lone furrow up front in his first full season, Fer clearly not fit after a serious injury... and will no doubt break down again. We all know where the blame lies for this

Yes it is difficult to play the lone striker in any division, but even more difficult for someone with little experience playing in the Championship

What I don’t understand, is why Potter is asking him to come back so deep to do other duties as well

Mind you I don’t think his fitness levels are where they should be, as comparing him to some of the youngster playing for Wales recently, much younger than McBurnie. He looks sluggish to say the least
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:13 - Oct 21 with 1132 viewsSwanjaxs

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:02 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

But do you think we would be playing two strikers or would we have someone else "ploughing a lone furrow up front" like we've always had?

You can plough a lone furrow definitely... if you have a Fernando Llorente or a (fit) Wilfried Bony type of player, and with a fireing midfield and fluid wingers 👍 yes it could work I suppose... but we haven't, those days are long gone, so cut McB some slack yea

Login to get fewer ads

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:31 - Oct 21 with 1114 viewsvalleyboy

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:13 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

You can plough a lone furrow definitely... if you have a Fernando Llorente or a (fit) Wilfried Bony type of player, and with a fireing midfield and fluid wingers 👍 yes it could work I suppose... but we haven't, those days are long gone, so cut McB some slack yea

Some points about your posting

Llorente was successful because he had a player like Sigurdsson to put the ball on a plate for him

As for Bony

Yes he had a successful season with the Swans, but what happened next

Not much and I doubt if he will be successful playing the lone striker again

Not playing football for virtually three years with a serious injury on top of that as well, doesn’t give much optimism
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:41 - Oct 21 with 1109 viewsSwanjaxs

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:31 - Oct 21 by valleyboy

Llorente was successful because he had a player like Sigurdsson to put the ball on a plate for him

As for Bony

Not playing football for virtually three years with a serious injury on top of that as well, doesn’t give much optimism

Fair post mate, but my point remains, McBurnie is doing his best at a tender age, but with absolutely no ammunition, he's living on scraps, we are going to have to suck it up for a good few years unfortunately, January will be harsh in my opinion with possibly four or five out again (Bony, Roberts, Rodon ect) heading out and not a lot coming in... shit happens, thanks Huw 👍

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:50 - Oct 21 with 1095 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:41 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

Fair post mate, but my point remains, McBurnie is doing his best at a tender age, but with absolutely no ammunition, he's living on scraps, we are going to have to suck it up for a good few years unfortunately, January will be harsh in my opinion with possibly four or five out again (Bony, Roberts, Rodon ect) heading out and not a lot coming in... shit happens, thanks Huw 👍

"Living on scraps" he could (maybe should) have had 4 or 5 goals the last two games alone if he was a little bit sharper.

I'd like to see CBR given another chance this week. At least he was getting his toe to the ball.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:53 - Oct 21 with 1095 viewsSwanjaxs

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:31 - Oct 21 by valleyboy

As for Bony

And yet after all those years of injury and inactivity... we still spunked Citeh a good 12 million back... and still paying Wilf 100k a week... nice one Huw 👏

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:54 - Oct 21 with 1088 viewsSwanjaxs

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 23:50 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

"Living on scraps" he could (maybe should) have had 4 or 5 goals the last two games alone if he was a little bit sharper.

I'd like to see CBR given another chance this week. At least he was getting his toe to the ball.

I agree 👍

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 01:11 - Oct 22 with 1058 viewsHighjack

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:36 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

Our best performance and biggest win came when we played two strikers

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What is Potter trying to achieve? (n/t) on 05:00 - Oct 22 with 1027 viewsGlyn1

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:56 - Oct 21 by Loyal

If Nordvelt is an experiment as opposed to Mulder he has chucked four points away in the last two games.

Hopefully his experiment is concluded and the bleeding fcking obvious is evident.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 5:03]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 07:51 - Oct 22 with 975 views34dfgdf54

Agree with that, no excuse for him not to get onto one of those crosses from Dan James last week, not sharp enough at the moment, but still don't think it's time to drop him personally.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 09:39 - Oct 22 with 895 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Totally agree about CBR, what a wonderful reward for scoring, being dropped from the team and not even on the bench.

It makes me smile when fans excuse Potter's apparently unnecessary tinkering and then blame it on Celina and Mckay not getting a continuous run of games.
Isn't that what all players need to get and stay sharp.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 10:54 - Oct 22 with 846 viewsoldcob

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 09:39 - Oct 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Totally agree about CBR, what a wonderful reward for scoring, being dropped from the team and not even on the bench.

It makes me smile when fans excuse Potter's apparently unnecessary tinkering and then blame it on Celina and Mckay not getting a continuous run of games.
Isn't that what all players need to get and stay sharp.

Being dropped for playing well seems to be par for the course. You mention CBR, and I agree, but I'll raise you young James. Star man against Ipswich and couldn't get a start against Villa. GP seems to be Teflon coated and above criticism. Personally I think he doesn't know his ass from his elbow at the moment, let alone his best side.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 735 viewsBadlands

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:49 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Don't really know who was in charge of all the signings but Team Potter definitely wanted Asoro and he's clearly not good enough at this level.

If the signings were set it was the club.
If they are brilliant it was Potter.
Keep up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 18:45 - Oct 22 with 726 viewsjack247

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 18:25 - Oct 22 by Badlands

Keep up.

I’d have thought Potter had a big say in all this summers transfers. Celina is the only one I’d call a success so far, jury still out on the rest. He’s certainly improved players that were already here though.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 18:58 - Oct 22 with 715 viewsOldjack

He's thinking on the opposition ,,fuk them ,let them worry about us .He must know his strongest team by now,,get that winning formula and stick to it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 19:12 - Oct 22 with 699 views34dfgdf54

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 18:25 - Oct 22 by Badlands

Keep up.

All apart from Dhanda was Potters signings imo.

He’ll be judged on the work he does in the market, as it should be.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 13:09 - Oct 23 with 578 viewskarnataka

I said after the Ipswich game that I thought CBR would probably have converted a couple of those excellent Dan James created opportunities as he had looked slightly quicker off the mark and more athletic in the QPR game than Oli usually does playing at the sharp end. I understood completely why CBR didn't start away at Wigan where we needed an extra body in midfield rather than go gung ho up front but I fully expected him to be reinstated against Ipswich seeing as they hadn't won prior to that game and it seemed like the right game to have CBR and Oli up front again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024