Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? 22:13 - Dec 8 with 55202 viewsjackharris

Anyone know what the F*ck happened there after the match. I heard that group of ‘our so called fans’ on the way back to Brentford Railway Station, tried to attack this Club. The Brentford fans in there are alleging a few of them had knives..! I think the Met Police broke things up really quickly but this could be quite a worrying turn of events?

There are of course two sides to every story, so it would be nice if there was someone present who could give the other side of the story?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 09:35 - Dec 13 with 3113 viewsoldcob

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 01:41 - Dec 13 by majorraglan

Thanks.

Heard them referred to as the Pure Violence Mob and Pants and Vest Mob, I knew a couple by sight as they were mostTown boys, never had an issue with them but a few of the Baglan Swans fans would mention them, but I don’t think things were that bad because they all went to school together. Did Anton work in the Post Office or was that his brother?

Anton worked with me in the Steelworks. Believe it or not a nice lad who showed respect to his elders, he's from a nice family. Lots of brothers and a mother who used to be a weightlifter for Wales. What happened to his mind on Saturdays God only knows.
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 09:44 - Dec 13 with 3100 viewsBadlands

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 09:35 - Dec 13 by oldcob

Anton worked with me in the Steelworks. Believe it or not a nice lad who showed respect to his elders, he's from a nice family. Lots of brothers and a mother who used to be a weightlifter for Wales. What happened to his mind on Saturdays God only knows.

'but I don’t think things were that bad because they all went to school together'
So did Ronnie and Reggie!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 10:13 - Dec 13 with 3058 views34dfgdf54

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:29 - Dec 12 by Loyal

Finest group of chaps I've ever faced, hard as fck Boro.
Barnsley second ( they've tuned Cardiff time and time again ) walkabout 😂

My old man was more into his rugby, but went to watch all of the welsh sides when he could as a kid, Cardiff, County, Swans, ended up being a Swans supporter in later years when I started following them.

Anyway, he reckons Villa brought train fulls of skinheaded nutcases to Cardiff back in the day, parted the Grange end like Moses. Said it was frightening.
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 10:38 - Dec 13 with 3037 viewsWarwickHunt

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 10:13 - Dec 13 by 34dfgdf54

My old man was more into his rugby, but went to watch all of the welsh sides when he could as a kid, Cardiff, County, Swans, ended up being a Swans supporter in later years when I started following them.

Anyway, he reckons Villa brought train fulls of skinheaded nutcases to Cardiff back in the day, parted the Grange end like Moses. Said it was frightening.

Villa skins tried it on at the Vetch in the early 70s. Came a very poor second.
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 13:25 - Dec 13 with 2884 viewsProfessor

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 21:29 - Dec 12 by Loyal

Anybody called Colin Wugg should be entitled to headbutt who he likes.

Sadly not his real name (I think it was Colin Williams or Jones). Anyway, my memory has returned and the fighting was against Weymouth in '85 I think, who were a well-funded Conference team, with the emerging talents of Brian Deane and Tony Agana (who were sold to Sheffield Utd soon after). It was a hard fought game at 1-1 going into the last few minutes. Crowd was about 800, with about 100 or so from Weymouth. In those days Ton Pentre's Ynys Park had a small stand (around 60 capacity) in front of the changing rooms, a larger 500 seater opposite and a proper terrace behind the goals. The Weymouth 'crew' had gathered there and were going it the usual verbals about sheep etc. There was also a wedding reception in the clubhouse with a number of the Rhondda Bluebirds in attendance. They came out for the last 30 minutes in their suits etc. So Weymouth score with a couple of minutes to go. The goalscorer, some little midfielder starts 'giving it large' to the Weymouth fans behind the goal. Wugg flew in with the head sending the little scrote into the empty net. Cue both the local nutters, 'birds and the Weymouth 'crew' to slug it out on the terrace with a very one sided result. Coach windows put through and general ill-feeling.

BBC Wales were filming and all ended up on Wales Today. However, they got the wrong Ton player name, being spat out is disgust by Peter Walker.

I watched the Bulldogs as much as the Swans then, even a few away trips. Was a lot cheaper and more fun, especially under Colin Appleton. Even watched the Swansea Cardiff derby followed by Briton Ferry (with a young Andy Legg) v The Bulldogs where we met with our Cardiff supporting associates, in one case with brothers in opposition.
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 14:57 - Dec 13 with 2812 viewsangryjack

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 13:25 - Dec 13 by Professor

Sadly not his real name (I think it was Colin Williams or Jones). Anyway, my memory has returned and the fighting was against Weymouth in '85 I think, who were a well-funded Conference team, with the emerging talents of Brian Deane and Tony Agana (who were sold to Sheffield Utd soon after). It was a hard fought game at 1-1 going into the last few minutes. Crowd was about 800, with about 100 or so from Weymouth. In those days Ton Pentre's Ynys Park had a small stand (around 60 capacity) in front of the changing rooms, a larger 500 seater opposite and a proper terrace behind the goals. The Weymouth 'crew' had gathered there and were going it the usual verbals about sheep etc. There was also a wedding reception in the clubhouse with a number of the Rhondda Bluebirds in attendance. They came out for the last 30 minutes in their suits etc. So Weymouth score with a couple of minutes to go. The goalscorer, some little midfielder starts 'giving it large' to the Weymouth fans behind the goal. Wugg flew in with the head sending the little scrote into the empty net. Cue both the local nutters, 'birds and the Weymouth 'crew' to slug it out on the terrace with a very one sided result. Coach windows put through and general ill-feeling.

BBC Wales were filming and all ended up on Wales Today. However, they got the wrong Ton player name, being spat out is disgust by Peter Walker.

I watched the Bulldogs as much as the Swans then, even a few away trips. Was a lot cheaper and more fun, especially under Colin Appleton. Even watched the Swansea Cardiff derby followed by Briton Ferry (with a young Andy Legg) v The Bulldogs where we met with our Cardiff supporting associates, in one case with brothers in opposition.

Used to love playing at ton pentre,always had a good battle early 90s while playing for port Talbot...
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 15:23 - Dec 13 with 2774 viewstheloneranger

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 10:38 - Dec 13 by WarwickHunt

Villa skins tried it on at the Vetch in the early 70s. Came a very poor second.

Especially those under the Double Decker. 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 15:37 - Dec 13 with 2742 viewsTNT

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 15:04 - Dec 12 by TWGL

Whis Anus Out of interest ?

Articulate reply as per Warwick... and I’ve been rrumbled for what, being a Swans fans since 1982 .

Just letting you be aware of facs as some make out we are in the top ten in the country for thugs (which you appear to glorify), when in reality we are on par with Port Vale and the likes. Ask Boro, Millwall, Chelsea, Birmingham .... and Brentford

Hope that helps
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 15:09]

You sound like byron now butt.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:40 - Dec 13 with 2607 viewstaffpunk

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 13:25 - Dec 13 by Professor

There's a few posts I have to reply to on here, but this is by far the most interesting one. It was MY wedding, as you know back then the Clubs/Pubs didn't go straight through in the afternoon, so after the reception in Pentre Polikoffs, there was a couple of hours to waste before the night do in Pentre Labour. The only place that was legally allowed to open in that 4-7 time span was Ton Pentre Football Club. Some of the women went back to my father in laws house-Gwyn Dad-who you'll know if you went to Treorchy Comp. About 20 of us went down to Ton, we had a pint, then someone said that the Weymouth lot were picking on local youngsters in the crowd.

Out we went, A few of them got put on their arse, then they all legged it and ran out of the ground. As they ran out, more of my lot were walking in, so they got beaten up in the car park as well. The front page headline in the Rhondda Leader[ local paper] the next issue was 'Men in suits ruin Cup tie'!

I knew a few of the Ton players well at the time, Wugg, Buzzer Bees and Neil James, they were laughing their heads off as we were chasing them. Happy Days.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 18:14]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:43 - Dec 13 with 2605 viewstaffpunk

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 20:05 - Dec 12 by Professor

Were you at the Ton Pentre v Cardiff FA Cup game? That was a strange afternoon of ‘civil war’.

It was awesome, to cut a long story short, basically Rhondda CCFC beat up the Soul Crew. Next week was Cambridge away, and we were all together. Crazy and yet exciting times.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:49 - Dec 13 with 2589 viewstaffpunk

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 07:41 - Dec 13 by byron

That’s a bit harsh taff, he did more than most I’d say to keep the peace between the main Cardiff crew and the valleys lot, let’s face it they didn’t get on for many years. As for the books 80% is other people telling their stories isn’t it, not him? I’ve only got the one that was a best seller in Swansea, soul crew.

Back in the day, him and a few others used to go up to Treorchy and try and intimidate the younger local CCFC lot. When the big boys turned up, they'd get in their car and f#ck off back to Cardiff. Bullys-simple as.

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:50 - Dec 13 with 2587 viewspencoedjack

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:40 - Dec 13 by taffpunk

There's a few posts I have to reply to on here, but this is by far the most interesting one. It was MY wedding, as you know back then the Clubs/Pubs didn't go straight through in the afternoon, so after the reception in Pentre Polikoffs, there was a couple of hours to waste before the night do in Pentre Labour. The only place that was legally allowed to open in that 4-7 time span was Ton Pentre Football Club. Some of the women went back to my father in laws house-Gwyn Dad-who you'll know if you went to Treorchy Comp. About 20 of us went down to Ton, we had a pint, then someone said that the Weymouth lot were picking on local youngsters in the crowd.

Out we went, A few of them got put on their arse, then they all legged it and ran out of the ground. As they ran out, more of my lot were walking in, so they got beaten up in the car park as well. The front page headline in the Rhondda Leader[ local paper] the next issue was 'Men in suits ruin Cup tie'!

I knew a few of the Ton players well at the time, Wugg, Buzzer Bees and Neil James, they were laughing their heads off as we were chasing them. Happy Days.

Top story TP

Do you Muppet from the band Daz Cortina?
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:56 - Dec 13 with 2577 viewstaffpunk

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 10:13 - Dec 13 by 34dfgdf54

I don't bullshit as I hope you know, but Villa were soon chased off there when it got nearer kick off time, though great credit to them for having a go. The only mob to genuinely 'take' the Grange End was Pompey around the same time. Got in there early, thin line of coppers either side of them, but tbf they couldn't get shifted all game. Taking Ends, what fun...

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 18:11 - Dec 13 with 2547 viewstaffpunk

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:50 - Dec 13 by pencoedjack

Top story TP

Do you Muppet from the band Daz Cortina?

I've put Daz on a few times in my local Rugby Club, does a great set fair play to him. The hardest bit is getting him off stage!

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:24 - Dec 13 with 2513 viewsbyron

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:49 - Dec 13 by taffpunk

Back in the day, him and a few others used to go up to Treorchy and try and intimidate the younger local CCFC lot. When the big boys turned up, they'd get in their car and f#ck off back to Cardiff. Bullys-simple as.

Benny

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 18:26 - Dec 13 with 2515 viewspencoedjack

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 18:11 - Dec 13 by taffpunk

I've put Daz on a few times in my local Rugby Club, does a great set fair play to him. The hardest bit is getting him off stage!

He’s a top guy & I know what you mean about getting him off stage
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 19:05 - Dec 13 with 2458 views34dfgdf54

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:56 - Dec 13 by taffpunk

I don't bullshit as I hope you know, but Villa were soon chased off there when it got nearer kick off time, though great credit to them for having a go. The only mob to genuinely 'take' the Grange End was Pompey around the same time. Got in there early, thin line of coppers either side of them, but tbf they couldn't get shifted all game. Taking Ends, what fun...

My old man said the Cardiff fans all regrouped, and managed to get it back after a while.
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 19:42 - Dec 13 with 2399 viewsProfessor

I would never condone violence but was hilarious. Was it 1985? I was in University by the time of the Cardiff game but one to come home for. Including them preliminaries Gareth ‘Buzzer’ Bees was top scorer in the 86/87 FA cup. Was a great Ton team in those days and the clubhouse a great place for a cheap pint or five.

Never taught by Gwyn Dad but our whole class got 100 lines for being rowdy in the room next to his. In fairness to the Treorchy boys, other than the customary JB greeting, never gave us any trouble in town
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 19:58 - Dec 13 with 2363 viewstaffpunk

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 19:42 - Dec 13 by Professor

I would never condone violence but was hilarious. Was it 1985? I was in University by the time of the Cardiff game but one to come home for. Including them preliminaries Gareth ‘Buzzer’ Bees was top scorer in the 86/87 FA cup. Was a great Ton team in those days and the clubhouse a great place for a cheap pint or five.

Never taught by Gwyn Dad but our whole class got 100 lines for being rowdy in the room next to his. In fairness to the Treorchy boys, other than the customary JB greeting, never gave us any trouble in town

October 26th 1985, my wife remembers it well-lol! I was out with Gwyn Dad on Sunday for a meal, top bloke, still commands great respect from the pupils that he used to teach.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 20:00]

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 01:12 - Dec 14 with 2157 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Your wedding? You're a f*cking ledge Taff fair play 😂

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 01:22 - Dec 14 with 2145 viewsScottishEddie

Haha quality story!

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 07:42 - Dec 14 with 2064 viewsBryanSwan

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 17:25 - Dec 12 by Loyal

We are talking about the past, nobody is being cool or hard, and don't test me. Your the one being confrontational, if you don't like the thread fck off and melt outside.

Each to their own, always going to disagree with someone at some point.
Lets just have a win on Saturday, thats something we can both agree on haha.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 09:02 - Dec 14 with 1998 views34dfgdf54

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 07:42 - Dec 14 by BryanSwan

Each to their own, always going to disagree with someone at some point.
Lets just have a win on Saturday, thats something we can both agree on haha.

As Conor McGregor once said. "I bet you're a mad buzz at parties" Bryan.
The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 09:17 - Dec 14 with 1980 viewsbyron

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 15:37 - Dec 13 by TNT

You sound like byron now butt.

And the rest of the uk bar Swansea

Benny

The Inverness Lodge Club Brentford Attacked? on 13:29 - Dec 14 with 1866 viewsTreorchyjack

Fantastic!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024