Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 17:53 - Dec 26 with 9801 viewsJackfath

What’s the point in him?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bony on 21:50 - Dec 26 with 1639 viewsjack247

Our owners see us as an investment or a business more than a football club.

We probably aren’t going up or down this season. If playing Bony gets someone to take him off our hands next month, it’s good for business. From a football point of view, he just shouldn’t be playing at the moment.

I genuinely rate the player, but he’s way off the pace. If we’re seriously looking to get the best out of him this season, he should be building up his match sharpness with the U23s. Put him in the first team when he’s an asset not a liability.
Bony on 22:09 - Dec 26 with 1602 viewsWingstandwood

Bony on 18:53 - Dec 26 by WarwickHunt

Because he’s the only man in the whole world capable of doing the job - just imagine the shit we’d be in if we had a professional doing it.

Duh! Keep up, mun.

Having a failed UPVC guttering, roofing tile, lead valley roll salesman self-appointing himself D.o.F of a Premier League football club whilst parachuting impostors likes ex-Neath Town Kristian O'Leary to (*cough, cough, cough*) influence Premier League level players said it all really.

Holy sh1t, so surreal SCFC became footballs black comedy equivalent of Alan Partridge! The kamikaze lunacy and unprofessional approach beggars belief and all sane rational thinking.

Argus!

Bony on 23:09 - Dec 26 with 1549 viewsjackrabbit

Bony on 21:34 - Dec 26 by builthjack

He didn't do the half time warm up in case he got injured.

I trust he's watching MOTD tonight. I trust he sees Everton's penalty taken by Gylfi. That's how to do it Wilf. Perfect. Wtf were you thinking of?
Bony on 01:17 - Dec 27 with 1507 viewstheloneranger

If Bony had watched their keeper, he would have seen he was already in mid air before he kicked the ball.

Villa manager said they'd told their keeper to dive that side if Bony took a penalty.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bony on 01:20 - Dec 27 with 1500 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bony on 21:50 - Dec 26 by jack247

Our owners see us as an investment or a business more than a football club.

We probably aren’t going up or down this season. If playing Bony gets someone to take him off our hands next month, it’s good for business. From a football point of view, he just shouldn’t be playing at the moment.

I genuinely rate the player, but he’s way off the pace. If we’re seriously looking to get the best out of him this season, he should be building up his match sharpness with the U23s. Put him in the first team when he’s an asset not a liability.

I rated him in 2014 but he’s done very little since.

Unfit, uninterested... complete and utter leech
Bony on 07:38 - Dec 27 with 1450 viewsjack247

Bony on 01:20 - Dec 27 by AngelRangelQS

I rated him in 2014 but he’s done very little since.

Unfit, uninterested... complete and utter leech

Get him match fit and he’ll be a nightmare for Championship defences. Unfortunately, I just can’t see him getting match fit in 30 minute cameos. It would be one thing if he was busting his gut for 30 minutes and improving game by game, but he’s not doing much more than treading water.

Playing him at this stage can’t be anything more than shop window posturing.
Bony on 08:24 - Dec 27 with 1418 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony on 23:09 - Dec 26 by jackrabbit

I trust he's watching MOTD tonight. I trust he sees Everton's penalty taken by Gylfi. That's how to do it Wilf. Perfect. Wtf were you thinking of?

Not his 10k a goal bonus, obviously.
Bony on 08:38 - Dec 27 with 1405 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony on 07:38 - Dec 27 by jack247

Get him match fit and he’ll be a nightmare for Championship defences. Unfortunately, I just can’t see him getting match fit in 30 minute cameos. It would be one thing if he was busting his gut for 30 minutes and improving game by game, but he’s not doing much more than treading water.

Sadly, there’s almost as much chance of Dai Gwyther getting and staying match fit.
Yet another massive lemon signing by our lazy fûckwit of a self-appointed DoF.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 09:30 - Dec 27 with 1365 viewsangryjack

I don't know how many times in previous posts I've been slagged off for saying he is hopeless and useless and always have been and now you all seem to be changing your minds
Bony on 11:37 - Dec 27 with 1326 viewsnantywatcher

Bony on 07:38 - Dec 27 by jack247

Jack 247 - my favourite poster on here but...
"Get him match fit and he’ll be a nightmare for Championship defences."
You've lost the plot here J247 - he is nowhere good enough for the Championship - he spent yesterday hiding, nowadays he can't jump for toffee, is and has always been, utterly useless if has time to think. He looked good in the past when he played instinctively, but even in his prime if his brain got involved with having to think he was utterly lost. To let him take a delayed penalty was a disaster waiting to happen, however I accept that penalty taking is usually a lottery, but his listlessly lolloping around the pitch yesterday was unforgivable.
Bony on 11:54 - Dec 27 with 1310 viewscontroversial_jack

Bony on 11:37 - Dec 27 by nantywatcher

You've lost the plot here J247 - he is nowhere good enough for the Championship - he spent yesterday hiding, nowadays he can't jump for toffee, is and has always been, utterly useless if has time to think. He looked good in the past when he played instinctively, but even in his prime if his brain got involved with having to think he was utterly lost. To let him take a delayed penalty was a disaster waiting to happen, however I accept that penalty taking is usually a lottery, but his listlessly lolloping around the pitch yesterday was unforgivable.

This could also be Fer you are posting about
Bony on 12:32 - Dec 27 with 1290 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bony on 11:54 - Dec 27 by controversial_jack

This could also be Fer you are posting about

Except that Fer has always been sh*t
Bony on 12:47 - Dec 27 with 1271 viewsvalleyboy

Bony on 01:17 - Dec 27 by theloneranger

If Bony had watched their keeper, he would have seen he was already in mid air before he kicked the ball.

Villa manager said they'd told their keeper to dive that side if Bony took a penalty.

Bony had told the keeperwhere he was going to put the bill before he had kicked the bloody thing

Ask any decent goalkeeper what they look for when someone takes a penalty

It’s the position of the takers foot and the slant of the body

Remember that Bony also made it easy for the keeper in his slow run up to take the kick
Bony on 13:01 - Dec 27 with 1261 viewsjack247

Bony on 11:37 - Dec 27 by nantywatcher

I think it’s pretty much immaterial as I don’t see him getting close to his best this season or being with us beyond it, but...

His penalty record for us was outstanding. He had time to think about every single one of them. Not sure where you’re coming from on him always being useless when he had time to think, it’s nonsense.

If he was nowhere near good enough for the Championship, he wouldn’t have been top scorer in the PL around this time 4 years ago and wouldn’t have gone to Man City.

I doubt he’ll ever get back to his prime, he wouldn’t need to to light up the Championship.

I do agree though, that while he is cantering around the pitch as he has been for the last month, he’s a waste of a player. I’d like to see him in the U23s for a while, but we all know there’s no chance of anyone taking his wages off our hand if he doesn’t at least pretend to be fit.
Bony on 13:11 - Dec 27 with 1244 viewsjasper_T

Bony on 13:01 - Dec 27 by jack247

I think it’s pretty much immaterial as I don’t see him getting close to his best this season or being with us beyond it, but...

His penalty record for us was outstanding. He had time to think about every single one of them. Not sure where you’re coming from on him always being useless when he had time to think, it’s nonsense.

If he was nowhere near good enough for the Championship, he wouldn’t have been top scorer in the PL around this time 4 years ago and wouldn’t have gone to Man City.

I doubt he’ll ever get back to his prime, he wouldn’t need to to light up the Championship.

I do agree though, that while he is cantering around the pitch as he has been for the last month, he’s a waste of a player. I’d like to see him in the U23s for a while, but we all know there’s no chance of anyone taking his wages off our hand if he doesn’t at least pretend to be fit.

4 years is a long time in football. Even without the number of injuries he's had, players have dropped further, faster.

The man had malaria and a host of other issues even before the cruciate injury. What he did 4 years ago no longer has much bearing on his level of performance.
Bony on 13:31 - Dec 27 with 1228 viewsjack247

Bony on 13:11 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

4 years is a long time in football. Even without the number of injuries he's had, players have dropped further, faster.

The man had malaria and a host of other issues even before the cruciate injury. What he did 4 years ago no longer has much bearing on his level of performance.

Of course not. I made it pretty clear I didn’t expect him to reach that level again. He wouldn’t need to get close to it to be a real handful in the Championship.
Bony on 13:37 - Dec 27 with 1223 viewsjasper_T

Bony on 13:31 - Dec 27 by jack247

Of course not. I made it pretty clear I didn’t expect him to reach that level again. He wouldn’t need to get close to it to be a real handful in the Championship.

Strikers that were better than him at their peak have struggled in weaker leagues like the MLS. Time makes fools of us all.
Bony on 15:02 - Dec 27 with 1183 viewsjack247

Bony on 13:37 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Strikers that were better than him at their peak have struggled in weaker leagues like the MLS. Time makes fools of us all.

I’m not sure who you’re talking about, but I’m assuming 35 year olds who had a bit of pace about them?

You’ve said yourself plenty of times the Championship isn’t al that. He wouldn’t need to get close to what he was 4 years ago.
Bony on 15:22 - Dec 27 with 1159 viewsnantywatcher

In fairness I had forgotten about the malaria - which explains much.
Bony on 16:47 - Dec 27 with 1132 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 13:11 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Spot on Jasp. Yet "the only person who could be chairman of the club" couldn't see it.

Wasn't it this time last year that Jenkins admitted his position was untenable? One year on and he's still clinging on like a giant skidmark on a toilet pan.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 18:12 - Dec 27 with 1105 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony on 16:47 - Dec 27 by waynekerr55

Spot on Jasp. Yet "the only person who could be chairman of the club" couldn't see it.

Wasn't it this time last year that Jenkins admitted his position was untenable? One year on and he's still clinging on like a giant skidmark on a toilet pan.

Last sentence - pure poetry

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony on 18:33 - Dec 27 with 1094 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 18:12 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Last sentence - pure poetry

Unfortunately for us a shîtty skidmark is probably a better judge of players and no doubt has a greater moral compass

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 21:28 - Dec 27 with 1050 viewsrockinjk

A tad harsh considering what he did previously.

But I’ll refer to previous post of subject, he’s a badge kisser fanboy appeasement signing.

To those of us who understand football it was an inevitablility sadly.

We have too many people who live in nostalgia. You have to keep moving forward.

The moment we signed him I was worried. Sadly once again proved right
Bony on 22:05 - Dec 27 with 1024 viewsGaryjack

Bony on 21:28 - Dec 27 by rockinjk

A tad harsh considering what he did previously.

But I’ll refer to previous post of subject, he’s a badge kisser fanboy appeasement signing.

To those of us who understand football it was an inevitablility sadly.

We have too many people who live in nostalgia. You have to keep moving forward.

The moment we signed him I was worried. Sadly once again proved right

You should have said so at the time then, instead of hiding behind your PC trying to make another version of your original name and coming back 12 months later, and saying you were proved right! Proved right to who exactly? As you were nowhere to be seen on here!
I said it at the time on here, many times, and got down arrowed, slagged off by all and sundry! Can't remember you being around to back me up!

Bony on 22:27 - Dec 27 with 1004 viewsrockinjk

Bony on 22:05 - Dec 27 by Garyjack

You should have said so at the time then, instead of hiding behind your PC trying to make another version of your original name and coming back 12 months later, and saying you were proved right! Proved right to who exactly? As you were nowhere to be seen on here!
I said it at the time on here, many times, and got down arrowed, slagged off by all and sundry! Can't remember you being around to back me up!

I’m a Wembley away day forum member now Gary - I’m glad you were fighting the good fight back when no doubt it was lauded.

I despair at how easy it is to manipulate many of our fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024