Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you going Vegan this year? 13:21 - Jan 1 with 6184 viewslifelong

Lots of people already have..apparently.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/vegans-uk-rise-popularit
Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:45 - Jan 3 with 1470 viewsdickythorpe

How have we survived so long?
Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:58 - Jan 3 with 1456 viewsdickythorpe

Also did anyone watch Dirty Vegan? Very enjoyable and interesting.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 10:50 - Jan 3 with 1435 viewsLoyal

Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:02 - Jan 2 by Bloodyhills

My Dr mates says vitamin tabs just create expensive piss. Much better to eat some veg with iron in apparently.

Thing is doctors are a trusted species of person. They still retain some credibility.
However, the desire to knock one out on a really good looking ladies rump will never be far away from their thoughts.
Vitamin pills or no vitamin pills.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are you going Vegan this year? on 12:45 - Jan 3 with 1386 viewsItchySphincter

Are you going Vegan this year? on 10:50 - Jan 3 by Loyal

Thing is doctors are a trusted species of person. They still retain some credibility.
However, the desire to knock one out on a really good looking ladies rump will never be far away from their thoughts.
Vitamin pills or no vitamin pills.

I’ve just had a four egg omelette with salmon and a sprinkle of Red Leicester and cheddar, so I’m pretty much Vegan already.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are you going Vegan this year? on 13:24 - Jan 3 with 1372 viewsHighjack

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:45 - Jan 3 by dickythorpe

It’s remarkable isn’t it? And despite constantly eating such poison we’re living longer than ever to the point there’s an old age care crisis in this country.

We need to eat more meat so we all die off young which will help this crisis.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Are you going Vegan this year? on 13:38 - Jan 3 with 1367 viewsJack_Kass

Are you going Vegan this year? on 02:44 - Jan 3 by E20_TheMaverick__

Yes.

How can you be sure the water you are drinking has not previously travelled through another living being?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:27 - Jan 3 with 1341 viewsMaverickE20

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:14 - Jan 3 by Jackfath

I thought there were cave drawings of cavemen chasing and killing animals? Both to use their skins for warmth and flesh for food. Isn't it also a reason why we have incisors to aid us in chewing meat and other foods?

God is Great.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 9:15]

Yes, alongside paintings of rape, mass murder, human sacrifice and cannibalism. None of which I would recommend as part of a healthy modern day lifestyle or people we should take living tips from with 'cavemen' having a lifespan of between 16-20 years old.

Animals were killed in times of need, as we have discussed earlier in the thread - harsh environments. I would suggest a cave in the winter constitutes that. There were no hospitals back then, humans were foragers and opportunists, but the less chance of getting hurt the better as any injury could prove fatal, eating animals would have been a last resort and a risk they felt was their only option.

To answer your other question, our jaw structure resembles the jaw structure of most primates. As do your physiological features and internal anatomy. Canines of our size (they are pretty square and tiny), are used for cracking open nuts and fruits, just like the vast majority of other primates. Our canines (as well as structure and small size of jaw muscles) are barely good for opening a packet of pre packaged nuts, let alone tearing through the thick leathery hide of an animal.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:28 - Jan 3 with 1340 viewsMaverickE20

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:45 - Jan 3 by dickythorpe

Who is we? Humans are dying of diabetes and heart disease at a rate not seen before. Humans as a whole will survive many things however. How have we survived smoking for example, survival of a species is not an indicator of health.

You would probably live for the next 30 odd years living off urine, chocolate and crisps alone. But survival isn't the point, the chances of you developing diseases which impair your quality of life and shorten your life expectancy is extremely higher than if you didn't do the above.

You will have had the chance to sew your seed long before however, ensuring your family tree continues, and the cycle would continue should your sons and daughters do the same.
Login to get fewer ads

Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:29 - Jan 3 with 1339 viewsMaverickE20

Are you going Vegan this year? on 13:38 - Jan 3 by Jack_Kass

How can you be sure the water you are drinking has not previously travelled through another living being?

I don't think you quite get the concept here my friend.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:56 - Jan 3 with 1328 viewsJack_Kass

Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:29 - Jan 3 by MaverickE20

I don't think you quite get the concept here my friend.

Ahh, so you don't know? That's ok.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:03 - Jan 3 with 1322 viewsMaverickE20

Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:56 - Jan 3 by Jack_Kass

Ahh, so you don't know? That's ok.

Not a question of not knowing, it's a question of not mattering. I am partial to a bit of breathing too, air which may have passed through an animal at one point.

Neither drinking water which may have passed through an animal at some point, or indeed breathing the same air is not something any sane individual with health and animal welfare in mind will be too concerned about.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:03 - Jan 3 with 1321 viewsLeonWasGod

I thought there were cave drawings of cavemen chasing and killing animals? Both to use their skins for warmth and flesh for food. Isn't it also a reason why we have incisors to aid us in chewing meat and other foods?

God is Great.

Chasing eh? Do those same cave drawings show people sitting on their fat arses while a conveyor belt of artificially fattened, hormone-injected ‘meat’ passes underneath their noses at least 3 times a day?
Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:06 - Jan 3 with 1318 viewsMaverickE20

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:03 - Jan 3 by LeonWasGod

Chasing eh? Do those same cave drawings show people sitting on their fat arses while a conveyor belt of artificially fattened, hormone-injected ‘meat’ passes underneath their noses at least 3 times a day?

Its funny how people pick and choose which part of the cavemans lifestyle they find acceptable due to it being convenient.

Don't see many people willingly giving up their warm and safe home and switching it for a cave just because ''people did it before''.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:09 - Jan 3 with 1315 viewsphact0rri

Are you going Vegan this year? on 00:47 - Jan 3 by E20_TheMaverick__

Yep. There is nothing you cannot get from our more natural and suitable plant based diet as people do from a diet involving animal products.

Iron is rich in such foods as broccoli and kale. B12 is one which gets trotted out often, B12 is found in dirt, we lack it as a society because of sanitised food preparations and food grown artificially. Ironically more B12 deficient people are meat eaters, this is because the animals usually get the B12 from the soil in the grass they eat (which is why pregnant women often crave mud) but since replaced with feed pellets. Animal flesh is now injected with B12 to avoid this.

There is not a single animal on this planet where it's food makes it sick, because its body should be developed to handle it perfectly. The only one is man who persist on eating animals and animal products against all common sense, nature, instinct and medical advice. Its societal.

If all new borns were born into our world without any guidance from us or their peers, animals would be nurtured as in keeping with our instincts and food would be grown and picked in keeping with our anatomy and natural desire. They would be horrified if they then stepped into various places across the country where animals are tortured, mutilated and skinned in complete terror for no real reason at all.

56 BILLION land animals brutally taken in this was every year. 56 BILLION. 40 MILLION of those are animals skinned alive for their fur and left to die in agony. That isn't even touching the trillions taken from the sea. Its truly horrific and future generations from now will be incredulous about how we lived and treated other living beings, of that I have very little doubt.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 0:59]

I agree. Though it has to be said. ALL minerals are found in soil. It is quite simply water running over stone and rocks that put them into the soil. the plants drink them up and we get them from said plants, or wait until animals eat the plants and get them from the animals.

B12 like many of the lettered vitamins are manufactured by bacteria and other organisms. B12 is made in nature by a very small amount of bacteria that is normally found in the colon of certain animals. However it does come from fermintation, and ferminted algaes, and tempeh have it as well.

The big issue with b12 for everyone no matter your diet is that we don't manage to take a lot of it in, and its used for so many of the body's process.

And as a side note thank you for the last paragraph my friend. :) And all sorry if I get a little to into this. I've spent way more time than is normal reading about digestion, nutrients and biology.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:14 - Jan 3 with 1305 viewsMaverickE20

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:09 - Jan 3 by phact0rri

I agree. Though it has to be said. ALL minerals are found in soil. It is quite simply water running over stone and rocks that put them into the soil. the plants drink them up and we get them from said plants, or wait until animals eat the plants and get them from the animals.

B12 like many of the lettered vitamins are manufactured by bacteria and other organisms. B12 is made in nature by a very small amount of bacteria that is normally found in the colon of certain animals. However it does come from fermintation, and ferminted algaes, and tempeh have it as well.

The big issue with b12 for everyone no matter your diet is that we don't manage to take a lot of it in, and its used for so many of the body's process.

And as a side note thank you for the last paragraph my friend. :) And all sorry if I get a little to into this. I've spent way more time than is normal reading about digestion, nutrients and biology.

Excellently put.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:15 - Jan 3 with 1300 viewsItchySphincter

Cor! Where would we all be with this vast amount of knowledge about everything from the citizens of PS?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:21 - Jan 3 with 1296 viewsMaverickE20

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:15 - Jan 3 by ItchySphincter

Cor! Where would we all be with this vast amount of knowledge about everything from the citizens of PS?

Id be amazed if you didn't already know this, I assume like most you have just chosen to turn a blind eye.

The World Health Organisation has had processed meats as a group 1 carcinogen for years along side such delicious delicacies as plutonium and paint fumes and red meat and poultry as a group 2 (from memory). Its all common knowledge and matter of public record and interest.

I would urge you to read more. Everyone deserves their health, even football forum trolls.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 23:29 - Jan 5 with 1175 viewsProfessor

So, in common with pigs and chickens we are monogastric, and in common with these and our closest living relatives we have dentitian to be omnivores. What is true is that the meat component of our diet is too high. We are not really meant to be vegan and in our part of the world we cannot easily grow enlightened protein from plants. Eating lamb or mutton is pretty environmentally ok. Sheep cannot be reared intensively. A good way of converting grass to something we can eat. Grass fed beef would be fine as a rare treat but not the feedlot grain reared way it is produced in the US. Chickens and pigs are more adaptable and efficient and can and will eat anything. So the answer is really less meat, and finding ways of rearing that are sustainable and more welfare friendly. Perhaps the example of Ethiopia where there are two fasting (vegan) days for religious reasons could be followed everywhere
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 23:32]
Are you going Vegan this year? on 00:58 - Jan 6 with 1144 viewsMaverickE20__

Are you going Vegan this year? on 23:29 - Jan 5 by Professor

So, in common with pigs and chickens we are monogastric, and in common with these and our closest living relatives we have dentitian to be omnivores. What is true is that the meat component of our diet is too high. We are not really meant to be vegan and in our part of the world we cannot easily grow enlightened protein from plants. Eating lamb or mutton is pretty environmentally ok. Sheep cannot be reared intensively. A good way of converting grass to something we can eat. Grass fed beef would be fine as a rare treat but not the feedlot grain reared way it is produced in the US. Chickens and pigs are more adaptable and efficient and can and will eat anything. So the answer is really less meat, and finding ways of rearing that are sustainable and more welfare friendly. Perhaps the example of Ethiopia where there are two fasting (vegan) days for religious reasons could be followed everywhere
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 23:32]

There is a direct correlation between animal consumption and lifespan.

There was a gigantic study undertaken by the University of Loma Linda, California and it was funded by the Cancer Institute and National Institute of Food and Agriculture. It was published in the peer-reviewed journal, JAMA Internal Medicine and is also found on the NHS files.

It Involved around 80,000 people. They were comparing meat eaters to 7th day adventists, vegans and vegetarians.

The results were as follows:-

During a mean (average) follow-up of 5.79 years there were 2,570 deaths.

The results were adjusted for the following confounders:

- race
- smoking status
- exercise
- income
- education
- marital status
- alcohol intake
- geographical region
- amount of sleep per night

After adjustments, vegetarians (all vegetarians combined) had a 12% reduction in the risk of death from any cause compared with non-vegetarians (hazard ratio (HR) 0.88, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.80 to 0.97).

Vegetarians also had a reduced risk of death from causes other than cardiovascular disease or cancer (HR 0.85, 95% CI 0.73 to 0.99). More specifically, vegetarians had a reduced risk of death from kidney problems and deaths from hormonal (endocrine) problems. Male vegetarians only also had a significantly reduced risk of death from ischaemic (coronary) heart disease and from cardiovascular disease overall.

When men and women were examined separately, reductions in risk were larger and more often significant for men than for women.

So my question is, if we know it's incredibly cruel, we know it is not healthy, we know we can life longer and healthier lives not doing it - why are we choosing to inflict such horror on living beings, while negatively impacting our own health when we don't have to? It's bonkers.

The difference in life span was almost a decade for men. 7.72 years for men and 4.42 years for women. Ditch the cruelty and spend that extra time with your kids, best advice this Planetswans maverick can ever give you.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 1:06]
Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:16 - Jan 6 with 1099 viewsProfessor

Are you going Vegan this year? on 00:58 - Jan 6 by MaverickE20__

There is a direct correlation between animal consumption and lifespan.

There was a gigantic study undertaken by the University of Loma Linda, California and it was funded by the Cancer Institute and National Institute of Food and Agriculture. It was published in the peer-reviewed journal, JAMA Internal Medicine and is also found on the NHS files.

It Involved around 80,000 people. They were comparing meat eaters to 7th day adventists, vegans and vegetarians.

The results were as follows:-

During a mean (average) follow-up of 5.79 years there were 2,570 deaths.

The results were adjusted for the following confounders:

- race
- smoking status
- exercise
- income
- education
- marital status
- alcohol intake
- geographical region
- amount of sleep per night

After adjustments, vegetarians (all vegetarians combined) had a 12% reduction in the risk of death from any cause compared with non-vegetarians (hazard ratio (HR) 0.88, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.80 to 0.97).

Vegetarians also had a reduced risk of death from causes other than cardiovascular disease or cancer (HR 0.85, 95% CI 0.73 to 0.99). More specifically, vegetarians had a reduced risk of death from kidney problems and deaths from hormonal (endocrine) problems. Male vegetarians only also had a significantly reduced risk of death from ischaemic (coronary) heart disease and from cardiovascular disease overall.

When men and women were examined separately, reductions in risk were larger and more often significant for men than for women.

So my question is, if we know it's incredibly cruel, we know it is not healthy, we know we can life longer and healthier lives not doing it - why are we choosing to inflict such horror on living beings, while negatively impacting our own health when we don't have to? It's bonkers.

The difference in life span was almost a decade for men. 7.72 years for men and 4.42 years for women. Ditch the cruelty and spend that extra time with your kids, best advice this Planetswans maverick can ever give you.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 1:06]

I would question comparing a religious group to general population is that meaningful. The Univeristy of Loma Linda is the seventh day adventists own institution and there will be many confounding factors . Not exactly a top institution
Are you going Vegan this year? on 11:13 - Jan 6 with 1080 viewsWarwickHunt

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:16 - Jan 6 by Professor

I would question comparing a religious group to general population is that meaningful. The Univeristy of Loma Linda is the seventh day adventists own institution and there will be many confounding factors . Not exactly a top institution

Not quite Harvard...

[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 11:14]
Are you going Vegan this year? on 11:24 - Jan 6 with 1072 viewsShaky

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:16 - Jan 6 by Professor

Next you'll be telling me the Billy Graham University of Creationism isn't a credible educational establishment either?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Are you going Vegan this year? on 11:38 - Jan 6 with 1064 viewsHighjack

God is Great.

Yes we are clearly adapted to eat a wide variety of foodstuffs, such as grains, fungi, fruit, nuts, fish, eggs, meat, insects and many more.

The only thing we can’t really eat is grass which is the preferred food of many herbivores.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Are you going Vegan this year? on 12:41 - Jan 6 with 1043 viewsfelixstowe_jack

How many billions of insects are killed every year by the pesticides sprayed onto crops?
What will happen to all the farm animals when everyone is vegan? Will they all be culled or will they all be set free to starve to death?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Are you going Vegan this year? on 16:16 - Jan 6 with 1011 viewsWarwickHunt

Are you going Vegan this year? on 12:41 - Jan 6 by felixstowe_jack

How many billions of insects are killed every year by the pesticides sprayed onto crops?
What will happen to all the farm animals when everyone is vegan? Will they all be culled or will they all be set free to starve to death?

They will all hold hands and live forever in La La Land.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024