Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The silence tells a story? 08:45 - Jan 13 with 2599 viewsSwansIndependent

The silence tells a story? 13th Jan 2019 08:42
It is that time of year again as the transfer window reaches its halfway mark and fans start to wonder whether we will see meaningful signings in the window or if we will be disappointed once more as Marvin Emnes signs at 8pm on the last day of the window. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The silence tells a story? on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 1963 viewsAl_Bundy

Well we told if nobody goes out nobody comes in. There is still a few weeks left of the window but I think the board will look at middle table as attainable with the current squad so won't invest in the market.
The silence tells a story? on 13:29 - Jan 13 with 1809 viewswaynekerr55

Cue sell out apologists to blame this on the trust. I wonder how much substance there is to Potter's apparent discontent.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The silence tells a story? (n/t) on 17:11 - Jan 13 with 1713 viewskarnataka

The silence tells a story? on 11:07 - Jan 13 by Al_Bundy

Well we told if nobody goes out nobody comes in. There is still a few weeks left of the window but I think the board will look at middle table as attainable with the current squad so won't invest in the market.

The silence tells a story? on 17:16 - Jan 13 with 1697 views34dfgdf54

The silence tells a story? on 13:29 - Jan 13 by waynekerr55

Cue sell out apologists to blame this on the trust. I wonder how much substance there is to Potter's apparent discontent.

There’s problems between Jenkins and Potter.

100%. Obvious.

That doesn’t bode well at all.
The silence tells a story? on 17:21 - Jan 13 with 1688 viewskarnataka

The silence tells a story? on 11:07 - Jan 13 by Al_Bundy

Yes, mid-table is attainable with the current squad as our current position perfectly demonstrates. So what happens if they are still trying to get the higher earners off the books as part of an ongoing plan and we find 3 or 4 go out the door on the final day and we have no chance to replace them? The last few starting 11s have had the experience of Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, Fer, Montero, Bony and vdH involved in varying degrees which has given the side more stabilty. What happens if we don't have most of them and those that have gone have not been replaced? Will our depleted squad be good enough for mid-table then shorn of most of its experience?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 17:23]
The silence tells a story? on 18:01 - Jan 13 with 1651 viewswaynekerr55

The silence tells a story? on 17:16 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

100%. Obvious.

If true, why doesn't he put himself and us out of our misery and take the reigns. History seems to suggest he thinks he can do the job...

The silence tells a story? on 19:03 - Jan 13 with 1574 views34dfgdf54

The silence tells a story? on 18:01 - Jan 13 by waynekerr55

If true, why doesn't he put himself and us out of our misery and take the reigns. History seems to suggest he thinks he can do the job...

Because he’d have full responsibility. He likes another face to chuck it on when it goes wrong.
The silence tells a story? on 19:49 - Jan 13 with 1493 viewswaynekerr55

The silence tells a story? on 19:03 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

Because he’d have full responsibility. He likes another face to chuck it on when it goes wrong.

That can't be true, he loves the club. Imagine the mess it would be in if the Americans were left to their own devices...

Login to get fewer ads

The silence tells a story? on 20:41 - Jan 13 with 1408 viewsBrynmill_Jack

100%. Obvious.

Bye bye Huw

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The silence tells a story? on 20:41 - Jan 13 with 1405 views34dfgdf54

The silence tells a story? on 20:41 - Jan 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Bye bye Huw

Sadly it will probably go the other way
The silence tells a story? on 20:44 - Jan 13 with 1399 viewsQJumpingJack

The silence tells a story? on 20:41 - Jan 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Bye bye Huw

Jenkins has fallen out with a few Swans managers of the last few seasons and it is the managers that have gone.

One would expect if relationships have soured, Potter will easily get another job in the Championship after the good work he has achieved in the last six months with little investment.
The silence tells a story? on 01:05 - Jan 14 with 1235 viewsLoyal

100%. Obvious.

Hopefully Jenkins will fck off then because potter is his last chance.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The silence tells a story? on 07:14 - Jan 14 with 1151 viewsicecoldjack

Well , we need some evidence there is a falling out first, it wouldn't surprise me though, after all I'm sure potter would have avoided the job if he knew 16 players were getting moved on and he'd have to rebuild a totally new squad by promoting from within.

No doubt potter knew 1 there would be a big shake up but the extent of it, like only having 1 senior centre half and 1 fit striker to start the season was probably in his mind jenkins taking the p1ss a bit too much!

The reasons for not playing routs and dyer in the first half of season are the key for me.

It's clear routs is a class above and it's clear that every single manager we've had has rated him and played him, so why not potter? Its obvious Wayne fits his style of play, so why not play him ?

Was he told not to as they were going to be moved on or has Huw told him to start playing g the senior boys because he could see us slipping into a rut ?

What ever it is big nose is involved, so lies and deceit will not be far away.

A shame, because once again a bit of Vision, support and boldness by the club would have seen us taking this division apart and looking at a promotion.

We will see everything after the window closes in January.
The silence tells a story? on 07:39 - Jan 14 with 1128 viewsFireboy2

The silence tells a story? on 17:21 - Jan 13 by karnataka

Yes, mid-table is attainable with the current squad as our current position perfectly demonstrates. So what happens if they are still trying to get the higher earners off the books as part of an ongoing plan and we find 3 or 4 go out the door on the final day and we have no chance to replace them? The last few starting 11s have had the experience of Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, Fer, Montero, Bony and vdH involved in varying degrees which has given the side more stabilty. What happens if we don't have most of them and those that have gone have not been replaced? Will our depleted squad be good enough for mid-table then shorn of most of its experience?

Thats whats we are all we are worried about
The silence tells a story? on 08:23 - Jan 14 with 1078 viewsbuilthjack

The silence tells a story? on 17:21 - Jan 13 by karnataka

If he does sell 3 or 4 in the final few days, and doesn't bring in better replacements, then I can see 4 or 5 thousand not renewing their season tickets.
Enough is enough now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The silence tells a story? on 09:20 - Jan 14 with 1009 viewsicecoldjack

I agree. I can see Leeds or 1 or 2 others making an offer for Routledge or a few others, he will be perfect back up and considering how he played with Pablo would be a great signing for them.

I said at the start of the season that experience and quality goes a long way in this league, most of our young players are still green and it helps them no end in having a few old heads on the field.

The biggest worry is still no news on a contract for VDH , Fer looks like he's playing for a move too, if we keep what we have in this window I'd be happy enough tbh.
The silence tells a story? on 09:31 - Jan 14 with 984 viewsjasper_T

The silence tells a story? on 07:14 - Jan 14 by icecoldjack

Well , we need some evidence there is a falling out first, it wouldn't surprise me though, after all I'm sure potter would have avoided the job if he knew 16 players were getting moved on and he'd have to rebuild a totally new squad by promoting from within.

No doubt potter knew 1 there would be a big shake up but the extent of it, like only having 1 senior centre half and 1 fit striker to start the season was probably in his mind jenkins taking the p1ss a bit too much!

The reasons for not playing routs and dyer in the first half of season are the key for me.

It's clear routs is a class above and it's clear that every single manager we've had has rated him and played him, so why not potter? Its obvious Wayne fits his style of play, so why not play him ?

Was he told not to as they were going to be moved on or has Huw told him to start playing g the senior boys because he could see us slipping into a rut ?

What ever it is big nose is involved, so lies and deceit will not be far away.

A shame, because once again a bit of Vision, support and boldness by the club would have seen us taking this division apart and looking at a promotion.

We will see everything after the window closes in January.

The simplest answer is that Potter has stated this is a long term project, we bought two new young wingers, and Routledge has just turned 34. So he had to wait for his chance until the competition proved not quite up to it.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 9:36]
The silence tells a story? on 10:58 - Jan 14 with 887 viewsLoyal

The silence tells a story? on 09:31 - Jan 14 by jasper_T

The simplest answer is that Potter has stated this is a long term project, we bought two new young wingers, and Routledge has just turned 34. So he had to wait for his chance until the competition proved not quite up to it.

Your responses to a lot of posts about Huw are very well considered.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The silence tells a story? on 11:08 - Jan 14 with 868 viewscostalotta

The silence tells a story? on 09:31 - Jan 14 by jasper_T

Agree about the long term project point. But unless I’m misunderstanding you the rest of what you say is a bit backward. Routs had to wait for a chance, which would come when the two new wingers proved they weren’t up to it? Is that how it works at Swansea? Rather than proving you’re worth it you have to prove your not up to it?
The silence tells a story? on 11:29 - Jan 14 with 842 views34dfgdf54

The silence tells a story? on 11:08 - Jan 14 by costalotta

Agree about the long term project point. But unless I’m misunderstanding you the rest of what you say is a bit backward. Routs had to wait for a chance, which would come when the two new wingers proved they weren’t up to it? Is that how it works at Swansea? Rather than proving you’re worth it you have to prove your not up to it?

No but the chances of Routledge being here next season is slim. Potter is planning for future without him.

I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's where I imagine he stood on it. We were actively trying to shift both him and Dyer before the deadline passed.
The silence tells a story? on 11:30 - Jan 14 with 840 viewsjasper_T

The silence tells a story? on 11:08 - Jan 14 by costalotta

If you want to develop a young team over the ~3 year period Potter and the owners have talked about you have to give promising young players gametime and have patience with them if they don't outperform older players right away. So yes, when he's signed two young wingers for serious money and wants to build a squad to go forward then it can be more a case of waiting for them to struggle too much than simply picking the established, known quantities (which is the conservative, risk-averse PL approach that saw us only bring a star through due to serious injury).

So Asoro lasted two months instead of 45 minutes. Dan James was given a chance, and took it well until injury forced him out. Celina and Roberts had turns on the wing. So many systems trying to utilise McBurnie's skillset fully.

It's clear now that Routledge should have been starting on the right wing for us all season, but the approach from Potter is understandable given the project. It doesn't require inventing a conspiracy to make sense of it (not that there necessarily aren't added financial pressures).
The silence tells a story? on 12:47 - Jan 14 with 791 viewscostalotta

The silence tells a story? on 11:30 - Jan 14 by jasper_T

If you want to develop a young team over the ~3 year period Potter and the owners have talked about you have to give promising young players gametime and have patience with them if they don't outperform older players right away. So yes, when he's signed two young wingers for serious money and wants to build a squad to go forward then it can be more a case of waiting for them to struggle too much than simply picking the established, known quantities (which is the conservative, risk-averse PL approach that saw us only bring a star through due to serious injury).

So Asoro lasted two months instead of 45 minutes. Dan James was given a chance, and took it well until injury forced him out. Celina and Roberts had turns on the wing. So many systems trying to utilise McBurnie's skillset fully.

It's clear now that Routledge should have been starting on the right wing for us all season, but the approach from Potter is understandable given the project. It doesn't require inventing a conspiracy to make sense of it (not that there necessarily aren't added financial pressures).

I do actually agree with much you say. But the only thing I’m not agreeing is that you seem to suggest that players must prove their not good enough or ready. Read it yourself!
The silence tells a story? on 12:58 - Jan 14 with 767 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The silence tells a story? on 20:41 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

Sadly it will probably go the other way

If the unthinkable should happen and Potter is the latest manager sacrificed on Huw Jenkins' altar of incompetence then we as fans have to make every effort to force him out ourselves.

I for one can't bear to watch the club euthanized just to spare his ego being bruised. How much damage does he have to do before the powers that be finally put him out of our misery? He's already relegated us from a seemingly comfortable position costing us £150,000,000 in the process FFS.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The silence tells a story? on 13:25 - Jan 14 with 731 viewsjasper_T

The silence tells a story? on 12:47 - Jan 14 by costalotta

I do actually agree with much you say. But the only thing I’m not agreeing is that you seem to suggest that players must prove their not good enough or ready. Read it yourself!

I don't think I've said anything more than suggest it was a "shirt to lose" situation where Routledge and Dyer weren't initially involved because Potter decided Asoro and McKay were his first choices in the summer for various reasons not limited to simply ability to play football (clearly, in Asoro's case). With DJ as next candidate in line.

It's like with most teams having a number 1 goalkeeper. In practice it's more about avoiding a monumental fck up than proving they're the best each and every week. Usually your backup isn't going to get minutes no matter how hard they work or well they do in training.

That seemed to be Routledge's status in the squad before December: a backup player not considered a part of the long term project.
The silence tells a story? on 13:30 - Jan 14 with 716 views34dfgdf54

The silence tells a story? on 13:25 - Jan 14 by jasper_T

I don't think I've said anything more than suggest it was a "shirt to lose" situation where Routledge and Dyer weren't initially involved because Potter decided Asoro and McKay were his first choices in the summer for various reasons not limited to simply ability to play football (clearly, in Asoro's case). With DJ as next candidate in line.

It's like with most teams having a number 1 goalkeeper. In practice it's more about avoiding a monumental fck up than proving they're the best each and every week. Usually your backup isn't going to get minutes no matter how hard they work or well they do in training.

That seemed to be Routledge's status in the squad before December: a backup player not considered a part of the long term project.

I'm interested to see if they will offer Routledge a one year extension due to his form..

He does look levels above anyone else we have at present.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024