Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duke of Edinburgh 18:41 - Jan 17 with 4964 viewslonglostjack

I suppose the police followed procedure in an RTA and immediately breathalyzed him.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Duke of Edinburgh on 18:43 - Jan 17 with 2509 viewsjackharris

Why the flying f*ck is this 97 year old man (who has had health issues) still driving on UK roads? He could have killed someone with that tank of a car.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 18:46]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Duke of Edinburgh on 18:45 - Jan 17 with 2488 viewsdickythorpe

Trying to ram Meghan off the road?
Duke of Edinburgh on 19:28 - Jan 17 with 2430 viewsKilkennyjack

Duke of Edinburgh on 18:45 - Jan 17 by dickythorpe

Trying to ram Meghan off the road?

He has form for this ..... 👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

Duke of Edinburgh on 21:30 - Jan 17 with 2350 viewsPentyrchJack

Bet you they breathyled the driver he pulled out in front of!

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Duke of Edinburgh on 21:34 - Jan 17 with 2341 viewsexiledclaseboy

Duke of Edinburgh on 21:30 - Jan 17 by PentyrchJack

Bet you they breathyled the driver he pulled out in front of!

Both drivers were breath tested.

Poll: Tory leader

Duke of Edinburgh (n/t) on 22:03 - Jan 17 with 2297 viewsOldjack

Duke of Edinburgh on 21:34 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

should be done for due care and attention ,if report's are true ,and at that age he'll more than likely be advised to stop driving
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 22:10]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Duke of Edinburgh on 22:04 - Jan 17 with 2285 viewsdickythorpe

Duke of Edinburgh (n/t) on 22:03 - Jan 17 by Oldjack

should be done for due care and attention ,if report's are true ,and at that age he'll more than likely be advised to stop driving
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 22:10]

Like you every sat at 3pm
Duke of Edinburgh on 22:12 - Jan 17 with 2267 viewslonglostjack

Duke of Edinburgh on 21:34 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

Good. Thought the news management was interesting on the BBC. Breaking news as Huw Edwards handed over to Buckingham Palace where the journalist read from a Palace statement. Within two minutes of the statement Nicholas Witchell was giving a commentary. Putin couldn’t have managed it better.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Duke of Edinburgh on 22:53 - Jan 17 with 2206 viewssainthelens

2 weeks in the slammer sharing a cell with one of the triads be good.
Duke of Edinburgh on 23:35 - Jan 17 with 2161 viewsLohengrin

The Duke as a youngster had an undisputed ‘good war.’ I wonder how many of those sniping at him now would have fronted up as stoically to the U-boat onslaught?

It’s courage of an altogether different order to anything anybody here has ever had to summon. The man is no figure of fun.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Duke of Edinburgh on 23:40 - Jan 17 with 2147 viewsKilkennyjack

Duke of Edinburgh on 23:35 - Jan 17 by Lohengrin

The Duke as a youngster had an undisputed ‘good war.’ I wonder how many of those sniping at him now would have fronted up as stoically to the U-boat onslaught?

It’s courage of an altogether different order to anything anybody here has ever had to summon. The man is no figure of fun.

I understand the Greeks are very proud of him 🇬🇷 .... #BrendaandKeith

Beware of the Risen People

Duke of Edinburgh on 23:41 - Jan 17 with 2146 viewsDarran

I think he’s hysterical.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Duke of Edinburgh on 23:44 - Jan 17 with 2141 viewsLohengrin

Duke of Edinburgh on 23:40 - Jan 17 by Kilkennyjack

I understand the Greeks are very proud of him 🇬🇷 .... #BrendaandKeith

I’m proud of him. I regard it a privilege to have shaken his hand.

Duke of Edinburgh on 23:52 - Jan 17 with 2129 viewsLohengrin

Duke of Edinburgh on 23:41 - Jan 17 by Darran

I think he’s hysterical.

Top man!

Duke of Edinburgh on 06:16 - Jan 18 with 2038 viewsWhiterockin

At what age should you be made to stop driving. Personally I believe you should resit your driving test every 2 years at 70 with an annual test at 80. The Royal family (and Beckham in due course) would probably get around this, but something needs to be done. Many don't stop until they have an accident.
Duke of Edinburgh on 06:21 - Jan 18 with 2030 viewsdickythorpe

Yeah but we don't want him killing now Loh at 97!!!
Duke of Edinburgh on 06:26 - Jan 18 with 2026 viewsLohengrin

Duke of Edinburgh on 06:21 - Jan 18 by dickythorpe

Yeah but we don't want him killing now Loh at 97!!!

Ideally no, Dicky. Then again I can see myself saluting him as he drives by at the wheel of a bulldozer at the next Yellow Vest protest...

Duke of Edinburgh on 07:37 - Jan 18 with 1965 viewslifelong

Duke of Edinburgh on 06:16 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

At what age should you be made to stop driving. Personally I believe you should resit your driving test every 2 years at 70 with an annual test at 80. The Royal family (and Beckham in due course) would probably get around this, but something needs to be done. Many don't stop until they have an accident.

The main cause of accidents is young people thinking they are Lewis Hamilton behind the wheel of a car, maybe something needs to be done about that.
Duke of Edinburgh on 07:43 - Jan 18 with 1961 viewsCountyJim

Have a couple of days rest up Sir

What a marvellous man and a Great British hero
Duke of Edinburgh on 08:11 - Jan 18 with 1946 viewssainthelens

Duke of Edinburgh on 07:43 - Jan 18 by CountyJim

Have a couple of days rest up Sir

What a marvellous man and a Great British hero

Yes, a thoroughly wonderful, graceful elderly murdering racist bigot of a man.
Duke of Edinburgh on 08:33 - Jan 18 with 1918 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd like clearer information about what happened before rushing to judgment about the significance of age. It seems that the Council had already scheduled a meeting for today to look at safety issues on this stretch of road.
Duke of Edinburgh on 09:07 - Jan 18 with 1887 viewsPhil_S

Duke of Edinburgh on 06:16 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree (much) although I would also add that there are many many drivers significantly lower than the age of 70 who drive on the roads who would fail their test if they had to sit it every two years as well.
Duke of Edinburgh on 09:14 - Jan 18 with 1870 viewsCountyJim

Anyone seen the 100 year old drivers programme some decent drivers and some really poor ones

There's a guy on there from Swansea still motorcycling

I think everyone should have an assessment every 5 years (2 years over 75) driving having done my HGV and got my advanced driving you see a lot of Bellends all ages
Duke of Edinburgh on 09:42 - Jan 18 with 1847 viewslifelong

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:07 - Jan 18 by Phil_S

I don't disagree (much) although I would also add that there are many many drivers significantly lower than the age of 70 who drive on the roads who would fail their test if they had to sit it every two years as well.

Drivers aged 17-19 make up only 1.5% of the driving population yet they are involved in 12% of serious road accidents.

Regarding drivers 70 and over, they already have to apply to renew their driving licence every 3 years and answer questions regarding their suitability to drive. I think it would be impractical to give drivers above 70 a driving test every 2 years, perhaps a medical examination from their GP before they apply for the 3 year renewal would be more acceptable.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 9:45]
Duke of Edinburgh on 09:51 - Jan 18 with 1834 viewsHighjack

The real menace on the roads are the people (usually women) who have their heads down texting on their phones. See it all day every day.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024