Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flights early arrivals 10:00 - Jan 18 with 1739 viewsCountyJim

Came back from Tenerife Monday night to Bristol flight was half hour early

Can anyone beat that
Flights early arrivals on 10:03 - Jan 18 with 1733 viewsMuteswan

Was it supposed to be landing at Manchester?😉
Flights early arrivals on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 1682 viewspikeypaul

Yes ,

Two weeks ago Cork to Cardiff 25 mins before due take off time captain says welcome on board and since everyone is on board we will now proceed in taking off early.
Must have had a strong tail wind since 36 minutes later we landed in Cardiff 40 mins early.
Beautiful view off Townhill on the way.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 10:35]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Flights early arrivals on 13:52 - Jan 18 with 1555 viewsJonathans_coat

Nowadays airlines are so scared of people claiming compensation for “delayed” or “late” flights, they deliberately overstate flight times, by sometimes as much as 15-20% as it’ll save them millions every year.

Quite a considerable amount of time for most scheduled flights is spent “stacking” (queuing) waiting to get a landing slot or space in air corridors anyway. If there wasn’t as much traffic in the sky most flights would be waaaaay shorter.
Flights early arrivals on 15:01 - Jan 18 with 1504 viewsCountyJim

Flights early arrivals on 13:52 - Jan 18 by Jonathans_coat

Nowadays airlines are so scared of people claiming compensation for “delayed” or “late” flights, they deliberately overstate flight times, by sometimes as much as 15-20% as it’ll save them millions every year.

Quite a considerable amount of time for most scheduled flights is spent “stacking” (queuing) waiting to get a landing slot or space in air corridors anyway. If there wasn’t as much traffic in the sky most flights would be waaaaay shorter.

Been to Tenerife and Gran Canaria for the past 23 winter's and the flight times havnt change since then butt
Flights early arrivals on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 1493 viewsAustinIsOurHero

rubbish.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Flights early arrivals on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 1484 viewsWarwickHunt

Flights early arrivals on 10:33 - Jan 18 by pikeypaul

Yes ,

Two weeks ago Cork to Cardiff 25 mins before due take off time captain says welcome on board and since everyone is on board we will now proceed in taking off early.
Must have had a strong tail wind since 36 minutes later we landed in Cardiff 40 mins early.
Beautiful view off Townhill on the way.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 10:35]

The view “off Townhill”?

You landed on Townhill?
Flights early arrivals on 15:16 - Jan 18 with 1475 viewsCooperman

Holding (to use the correct term) isn’t part of flight time planning and it wouldn’t be required if every flight maintained its allocated departure and arrival slot.

As for the OP - my Tokyo to Heathrow flight yesterday arrived 45 mins early due to a combination of favourable winds and limited congestion at Heathrow at the time.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Flights early arrivals on 08:49 - Jan 19 with 1291 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Flights early arrivals on 15:07 - Jan 18 by AustinIsOurHero

rubbish.

His first paragraph isn't.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Flights early arrivals on 09:07 - Jan 19 with 1278 viewsPacemaker

Flights early arrivals on 15:16 - Jan 18 by Cooperman

Holding (to use the correct term) isn’t part of flight time planning and it wouldn’t be required if every flight maintained its allocated departure and arrival slot.

As for the OP - my Tokyo to Heathrow flight yesterday arrived 45 mins early due to a combination of favourable winds and limited congestion at Heathrow at the time.

I came in early Singapore to Heathrow recently with no holding above London. As a regular flyer I have noticed that in the last year that seems to be the norm now after a couple of years of circling above London for every flight.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Flights early arrivals on 10:03 - Jan 19 with 1230 viewsHighjack

Flights early arrivals on 09:07 - Jan 19 by Pacemaker

I came in early Singapore to Heathrow recently with no holding above London. As a regular flyer I have noticed that in the last year that seems to be the norm now after a couple of years of circling above London for every flight.

The planes must have had a lot of fuel to circle London for years.

No wonder the greenies are up in arms.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Flights early arrivals on 11:00 - Jan 19 with 1191 viewshobo

Flights early arrivals on 15:07 - Jan 18 by AustinIsOurHero

rubbish.

My Mrs is a pilot, he's correct
Flights early arrivals on 11:15 - Jan 19 with 1176 viewscontroversial_jack

Flights early arrivals on 10:03 - Jan 19 by Highjack

Exactly! The fuel calculations are worked out so they have a few tons spare at the end of the journey in case they need a run around. They don't routinely circle the airport,It's all calculated en route by the air traffic controllers to get them to their destination at a particular time, besides it would cost the airlines too much in fuel.
Flights early arrivals on 12:21 - Jan 19 with 1124 viewsPacemaker

Flights early arrivals on 10:03 - Jan 19 by Highjack

You knew what I meant, I haven’t had much sleep, I am still jet lagged 😀

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Flights early arrivals on 13:21 - Jan 19 with 1092 viewsHighjack

It’s always fun to sing the eastenders theme tune whilst circling London in a plane but some fellow travelers don’t see the fun side sometimes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Flights early arrivals on 23:00 - Jan 19 with 950 viewsGiff

Was also on that flight on Monday night - good to have a tail wind!!
Flights early arrivals on 12:39 - Jan 20 with 808 viewsWxmJax

Left Manchester at 9.20am and arrived in New York at 12.30pm. It's supposed to take 8 hours.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Flights early arrivals on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 747 viewspencoedjack

Aye finally had my 700 odd quid from TUI this week for flight delay from Turkey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024