Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff Forum. 00:13 - Feb 7 with 8999 viewslifelong

I sometimes have a glance at their forum and came across this thread this evening, they’ve gone into ‘Could be as big as Barcelona’ mode again.
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204860
The Cardiff Forum. on 19:17 - Feb 7 with 1795 viewsJack59

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:31 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s as if the years 2011-2018 have suddenly ceased to exist. We’ve got more fans than them in their heartlands even now! We’ve also been the object of a lot of media attention/affection with the way we claimed from near footballing oblivion TWICE to the top flight, not just here but around the world. They play in blue, were the first to wear an all white kit. Unique? They’re just like any other Tom Dick and Harry also ran club playing in blue. We stand out much more in EVERY aspect.
With Barcelona they have that air of footballing romance and uniqueness. I’m not saying we are the same success wise, of course not! What we do have is that element of that football related romance about us.

But they've got huge media support and we've got none.
The Cardiff Forum. on 19:35 - Feb 7 with 1754 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 19:17 - Feb 7 by Jack59

Jack 59? Are you Jack 123's son, and Jack 247's Grandson?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cardiff Forum. on 19:45 - Feb 7 with 1731 viewsGaryjack

The Cardiff Forum. on 19:35 - Feb 7 by monmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 21:31 - Feb 7 with 1657 viewsDewi1jack

The Cardiff Forum. on 12:40 - Feb 7 by lifelong

The Cardiff City Stadium has 10k more capacity than the Liberty...it’s not rocket science.

I know.
But they had 10000 fans turning up in the same fancy dress...

Blue plastic seats😂

Very few empty seats at our place for the far longer period of time in the prem.
Whereas cardalona are miles off the number of seasons at the top table since I started watching back in 78 in comparison to the top Welsh club side we all love

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Cardiff Forum. on 21:41 - Feb 7 with 1644 viewspencoedjack

The Cardiff Forum. on 12:11 - Feb 7 by valleyboy

“We’ve got more fans than them in their heartland even now”

How delusional are you these days

You can walk around Swansea these days without seeing anyone wearing a Swansea shirt

Cardiff even though they are in the bottom three are getting 10k more attendances than Swansea ever did

I went to Cardiff last Sunday & did not see 1 Bassey jersey.

Are you 1 of those blokes who think it’s cool to wear a football top?
The Cardiff Forum. on 23:15 - Feb 7 with 1570 viewsLoyal

Both clubs have equal support, are of the same size and that's a fact. Having extra seats means fck all. Move on.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Cardiff Forum. on 23:29 - Feb 7 with 1557 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff's population is more like 350 k than 450k
The Cardiff Forum. on 00:48 - Feb 8 with 1515 viewsowainglyndwr

Ph@k cardiff I stopped a long time ago looking at the Anal and Curtis"s bull Sheit.
Just worry about and look after ourselves.
Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff Forum. on 01:56 - Feb 8 with 1495 viewsJack59

The Cardiff Forum. on 19:35 - Feb 7 by monmouth

59 was the first year I started going down the Vetch, and that's why I'm Jack 59.
By the same token, If Jack 123 and Jack 247 were my father and grandfather, they would certainly be two of the most famous people in the world
Jack 247 in particular, would be a billionaire from the success of his online health food business. .
The Cardiff Forum. on 08:12 - Feb 8 with 1428 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff Forum. on 18:55 - Feb 7 by raynor94

Northampton town rose from the 4th division to the first in 4 seasons as well, and then went back down again

Yeah. But we did it twice (well went all the way to the top from the bottom twice and tumbled from the top to the bottom once - and counting!).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Cardiff Forum. on 08:14 - Feb 8 with 1425 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff Forum. on 19:17 - Feb 7 by Jack59

We had the NY times and all the broadsheets covering us on our rise. They've got the western mail

The Cardiff Forum. on 08:19 - Feb 8 with 1410 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff Forum. on 14:20 - Feb 7 by TWGL

No offence , how do you conclude it’s a medium sized town when it is 8th biggest city in the U.K and has significant population growth.

It is expected to be around 450,000 in another 5 years
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 14:22]

Well Caerphilly officially refused to be swallowed up into the "metropolis" so you're running out of land mate. Why not concrete the swamp (sorry the bay) or just build under the sea just off the bay? You lot still haven't evolved out of your gills yet haven't you?

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:56 - Feb 8 with 1372 viewsProfessor

The Cardiff Forum. on 08:19 - Feb 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Well Caerphilly officially refused to be swallowed up into the "metropolis" so you're running out of land mate. Why not concrete the swamp (sorry the bay) or just build under the sea just off the bay? You lot still haven't evolved out of your gills yet haven't you?

Bored last night so worked out the rough population of what could be considered the population of the Mersey and Deeside area (which would be roughly an hour by public transport to central Liverpool). The 'city region' is 1.5 million, Cheshire West and Chester 340K, Warrington 330k, West Lancs 160K, Denbigh 140K and Wrecsam 150K. About 2.6 million. Greater Manchester is 2.8 million, West Midlands 2.8 million and West Yorkshire 2.2 million. At best South Wales is comparable to South Yorkshire at 1.4 million. We are both 'small fry' and without the WAG and developed administration, Cardiff would be another small city. Having been in Manila, Bangkok, Sao Paulo, Addis Ababa and Beijing, we are both globally insignificant so no need for 'willy waving' blah, blah blah. Cardiff is a nicer urban area, but Swansea as a county wins on the natural environment. Both are medium sized football teams. If Cardiff get relegated we are pretty much even next season, We have the better recent (last 40 years) history. They have a bigger ground and won the FA Cup nearly a century ago. Not really Real Madrid or Barcelona are we?
The Cardiff Forum. on 10:01 - Feb 8 with 1364 viewsmonmouth

"Bored last night so worked out the rough population of what could be considered the population of the Mersey and Deeside area..."

If Carlsberg did boredom....

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:14 - Feb 8 with 1349 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:56 - Feb 8 by Professor

Bored last night so worked out the rough population of what could be considered the population of the Mersey and Deeside area (which would be roughly an hour by public transport to central Liverpool). The 'city region' is 1.5 million, Cheshire West and Chester 340K, Warrington 330k, West Lancs 160K, Denbigh 140K and Wrecsam 150K. About 2.6 million. Greater Manchester is 2.8 million, West Midlands 2.8 million and West Yorkshire 2.2 million. At best South Wales is comparable to South Yorkshire at 1.4 million. We are both 'small fry' and without the WAG and developed administration, Cardiff would be another small city. Having been in Manila, Bangkok, Sao Paulo, Addis Ababa and Beijing, we are both globally insignificant so no need for 'willy waving' blah, blah blah. Cardiff is a nicer urban area, but Swansea as a county wins on the natural environment. Both are medium sized football teams. If Cardiff get relegated we are pretty much even next season, We have the better recent (last 40 years) history. They have a bigger ground and won the FA Cup nearly a century ago. Not really Real Madrid or Barcelona are we?

Have you ever kissed a girl ?
The Cardiff Forum. on 10:15 - Feb 8 with 1349 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:56 - Feb 8 by Professor

No, but, on purely objective evidence, we are more Real Madrid than they are Barcelona...

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:22 - Feb 8 with 1338 viewsProfessor

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:14 - Feb 8 by sainthelens

Have you ever kissed a girl ?

Not as many as I should have. Been married 20 years.
The Cardiff Forum. on 10:24 - Feb 8 with 1332 viewsLeonWasGod

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:22 - Feb 8 by Professor

Not as many as I should have. Been married 20 years.

Deepest sympathies. I'm only pushing 14 years and am already wondering when this hell will end 😂
The Cardiff Forum. on 10:25 - Feb 8 with 1329 viewsProfessor

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:15 - Feb 8 by monmouth

No, but, on purely objective evidence, we are more Real Madrid than they are Barcelona...

Well they nicked our Kit!

Surely Swansea is more Barcelona than Cardiff with its beaches, downtrodden by the fascists in the capital romantic poets, and the Kingsway is exactly like Las Ramblas!
The Cardiff Forum. on 10:31 - Feb 8 with 1322 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:25 - Feb 8 by Professor

Well they nicked our Kit!

Surely Swansea is more Barcelona than Cardiff with its beaches, downtrodden by the fascists in the capital romantic poets, and the Kingsway is exactly like Las Ramblas!

Aye, it was the kit. Rumbled.

But you are spot on, The Kingsway is Las Ramblas to a 'T'.

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:39 - Feb 8 with 1318 viewsProfessor

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:31 - Feb 8 by monmouth

Aye, it was the kit. Rumbled.

But you are spot on, The Kingsway is Las Ramblas to a 'T'.

Less crime on the Kingsway too!

Las Ramblas is one of the most overrated places I have been too. I like Barcelona overall but much prefer Berlin or Munich. Never been to Madrid.
The Cardiff Forum. on 10:57 - Feb 8 with 1301 viewsjack_lord

The Cardiff Forum. on 23:29 - Feb 7 by controversial_jack

Cardiff's population is more like 350 k than 450k

Yes and they can thank that disgusting WAG for that.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Cardiff Forum. on 21:37 - Feb 8 with 1210 viewstaffpunk

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:39 - Feb 8 by Professor

Less crime on the Kingsway too!

Las Ramblas is one of the most overrated places I have been too. I like Barcelona overall but much prefer Berlin or Munich. Never been to Madrid.

Now this IS more interesting. Having recently gone to Cologne and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, myself and Mrs TP wish to explore Germany more. I know Berlin still has a huge Punk scene, but from a couples point of view which of the other German cities would you suggest we go to next.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Cardiff Forum. on 21:51 - Feb 8 with 1188 viewsSlugster664

The Cardiff Forum. on 21:37 - Feb 8 by taffpunk

Now this IS more interesting. Having recently gone to Cologne and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, myself and Mrs TP wish to explore Germany more. I know Berlin still has a huge Punk scene, but from a couples point of view which of the other German cities would you suggest we go to next.

Mate, lived in Germany for 17 years during my army days...fabulous place.

Munich is fab especially for the Beerfests in September/October

I lived in Osnabruck, Paderborn, Braunschweig to name a few and they're all good places to visit and enjoy.

The missus wants me to take her there this year, we'll possibly go during beerfest season or towards Christmas for the German markets(which again are terrific)

STID

The Cardiff Forum. on 21:53 - Feb 8 with 1187 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 21:37 - Feb 8 by taffpunk

I’m sure Mrs TP would really enjoy the cultural extravaganza that is the Hamburg Reeperbahn.

Berlin for me, but just because of the weight of history. I just stood looking at the remnants of the wall for ages, so long in fact that Mrs M said ‘I think I preferred the Reeperbahn’.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024