Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James to sign new deal 18:26 - Feb 18 with 45020 viewswestisbest

Great news

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-james-news-leeds-united-1584
Dan James to sign new deal on 00:50 - Feb 19 with 2617 viewsJackSomething

Dan James to sign new deal on 00:32 - Feb 19 by The_E20

And why are people getting on DYSS for saying the truth of the matter?

He was waiting at Elland Road getting hold of Ollie McBurnie to get him in contact with Jenkins as he wanted the transfer done. He spoke about his disappointment that he didn’t leave the club.

Signing a new contract in the meantime means he and his agent will get a few more quid in the short term and the club can insert minimum clauses in return. But I don’t for one second think he now loves it here and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. The first sign of a better offer and he will be off like a shot.

Haven’t you people learned anything from press sound bites over the years? Use your common sense.

I agree with your third paragraph and I among others have posted very similar over the last few days. I think it was Monmouth who laid out the exact scenario yesterday.

I can't speak for others, but I would imagine it's the way DYSS' post seemed to be putting the most negative spin possible on positive news. If you read through his posts, you'll probably notice that's his style. I'm not surprised people are unhappy with his post. Think he's big enough to fight his own battles and he's probably delighted with the reaction he got.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dan James to sign new deal on 03:21 - Feb 19 with 2584 viewsThe_E20

Dan James to sign new deal on 00:50 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

I agree with your third paragraph and I among others have posted very similar over the last few days. I think it was Monmouth who laid out the exact scenario yesterday.

I can't speak for others, but I would imagine it's the way DYSS' post seemed to be putting the most negative spin possible on positive news. If you read through his posts, you'll probably notice that's his style. I'm not surprised people are unhappy with his post. Think he's big enough to fight his own battles and he's probably delighted with the reaction he got.

What’s negative about it though, it’s realistic.

If people want to pretend he is signing a new contract due to a burning desire to play for us for years to come then they should also expect someone to come along and actually say it as it is. Nobody should have “a problem” with someone being perfectly realistic.
Dan James to sign new deal on 06:57 - Feb 19 with 2512 viewsLoyal

He was waiting at Elland Road getting hold of Ollie McBurnie to get him in contact with Jenkins as he wanted the transfer done. He spoke about his disappointment that he didn’t leave the club.

Signing a new contract in the meantime means he and his agent will get a few more quid in the short term and the club can insert minimum clauses in return. But I don’t for one second think he now loves it here and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. The first sign of a better offer and he will be off like a shot.

Haven’t you people learned anything from press sound bites over the years? Use your common sense.

Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask Dwight the question, when you get the answer let us know on here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dan James to sign new deal on 07:53 - Feb 19 with 2460 viewsjackrmee

That Dwight is not a Swans fan. He constantly wants to make people feel bad on here. He is constantly negative and trying to make our club and players look bad. Terrible poster.

Personally, I don't think DJ wanted to leave us. He may have had his head turned and when offered a deal at Leeds, it probably sounded good and would have been a step forward in his career. He would have also looked at the potential futures of both clubs, been offered more money and felt that it was a good move.

I don't however think that he was looking for the move, or wanted to leave here anyway.
I do think he's happy here and I reckon his bond with the other youngsters here is a strong and important one.
Those things he said in the report mentioned are all positive towards Swansea City and I believe they are the truth.

I'm not saying he's not going to leave if another offer comes in, but that's how football goes. Players do leave clubs they are happy at. That's the nature of it, as they look to build their career.

As for your summation that DJ spoke about his disappointment that he didn't leave the club...I think you are making it sound worse than it was.
"I'm really disappointed I didn't get to join Leeds", is quite different to "I'm really disappointed I didn't get to leave Swansea City".
Now I don't think he actually said either, but you are spinning it towards the worst, which isn't true and exactly what Dwight and some others do on here. You are a decent poster, so please don't jump into bed with Dwight and the other negativity stirrers.

I do agree somewhat with your third paragraph, but I will say that I do believe Dan loves it here. What's not to love. He's playing in the first team with all his mates from the u23s. He's loved by the manager, who is obviously doing wonders for his confidence and he's loved by the fans.
There are no offers on the table from other clubs at present, so why would he not want to be here?
He's telling the truth. He loves it here.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Dan James to sign new deal on 08:02 - Feb 19 with 2437 viewsnantywatcher

Dan James to sign new deal on 07:53 - Feb 19 by jackrmee

That Dwight is not a Swans fan. He constantly wants to make people feel bad on here. He is constantly negative and trying to make our club and players look bad. Terrible poster.

Personally, I don't think DJ wanted to leave us. He may have had his head turned and when offered a deal at Leeds, it probably sounded good and would have been a step forward in his career. He would have also looked at the potential futures of both clubs, been offered more money and felt that it was a good move.

I don't however think that he was looking for the move, or wanted to leave here anyway.
I do think he's happy here and I reckon his bond with the other youngsters here is a strong and important one.
Those things he said in the report mentioned are all positive towards Swansea City and I believe they are the truth.

I'm not saying he's not going to leave if another offer comes in, but that's how football goes. Players do leave clubs they are happy at. That's the nature of it, as they look to build their career.

As for your summation that DJ spoke about his disappointment that he didn't leave the club...I think you are making it sound worse than it was.
"I'm really disappointed I didn't get to join Leeds", is quite different to "I'm really disappointed I didn't get to leave Swansea City".
Now I don't think he actually said either, but you are spinning it towards the worst, which isn't true and exactly what Dwight and some others do on here. You are a decent poster, so please don't jump into bed with Dwight and the other negativity stirrers.

I do agree somewhat with your third paragraph, but I will say that I do believe Dan loves it here. What's not to love. He's playing in the first team with all his mates from the u23s. He's loved by the manager, who is obviously doing wonders for his confidence and he's loved by the fans.
There are no offers on the table from other clubs at present, so why would he not want to be here?

Good post.
Do people on here remember Dan's first appearances? He looked like a little boy lost.
We have one hell of a good manager, what he is producing with these young players in such a short time is amazing.
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:50 - Feb 19 with 2381 viewsandypitt56

Dan James to sign new deal on 19:50 - Feb 18 by plasjack

Decent prospect is a understatement you pleb.

Saying he is better than sterling is ridiculous. Calm down mate, put down those rose tinted specks.
Dan James to sign new deal on 10:50 - Feb 19 with 2330 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 08:02 - Feb 19 by nantywatcher

Good post.
Do people on here remember Dan's first appearances? He looked like a little boy lost.
We have one hell of a good manager, what he is producing with these young players in such a short time is amazing.

You talking about when he scored on his debut a year ago, or when he tore Jeffrey Schlupp apart against Palace?
Dan James to sign new deal on 10:58 - Feb 19 with 2310 viewsLoyal

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:50 - Feb 19 by jasper_T

You talking about when he scored on his debut a year ago, or when he tore Jeffrey Schlupp apart against Palace?

I think the reference is those games where he has been lightweight and had no impact ( as expected) There will be more like that I'm sure, expectations will reach ridiculous levels since that goal on Sunday.

Potter has done incredible work signifying to me he is possibly the best manager and coach this club has seen bar Laudrup in my time as a supporter which is over 35 years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Dan James to sign new deal on 11:36 - Feb 19 with 2262 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:58 - Feb 19 by Loyal

I think the reference is those games where he has been lightweight and had no impact ( as expected) There will be more like that I'm sure, expectations will reach ridiculous levels since that goal on Sunday.

Potter has done incredible work signifying to me he is possibly the best manager and coach this club has seen bar Laudrup in my time as a supporter which is over 35 years.

It's rewriting history to create a more impressive narrative, when one isn't needed. Commentators were eager to praise him for "not looking out of place" in the Notts County game, and his lack of substantive impact against Palace was down to horrendous finishing rather than being a "little boy lost".

Next three starts were Millwall (down to 10 men after 5 minutes), Stoke (where we played with no striker, Routs and Dyer's first appearance) and then Ipswich. He was then practically our best player until his senior Wales debut in late November.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:00 - Feb 19 with 2234 viewsSWANSEYE

This will show us what the owners are all about . . Give the lad a good deal as we should be looking to keep our best talent and start getting this young side on track for Promotion in the next couple of Seasons and to do that DJ, Byers, Rodon, Roberts and Co should all be giving new deals . .
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:06 - Feb 19 with 2219 viewsjack247

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:00 - Feb 19 by SWANSEYE

This will show us what the owners are all about . . Give the lad a good deal as we should be looking to keep our best talent and start getting this young side on track for Promotion in the next couple of Seasons and to do that DJ, Byers, Rodon, Roberts and Co should all be giving new deals . .

Rodon and Roberts have just had new deals.

He may well get a new contract, but there’s bound to be interest in him on the summer. I think best realistic case scenario is he signs a new deal then a couple of clubs get into a bidding war.

I’d love him to be here long term, but he’s more of an asset that a footballer to our owners.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:11 - Feb 19 with 2210 viewsThe_E20

Dan James to sign new deal on 06:57 - Feb 19 by Loyal

Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask Dwight the question, when you get the answer let us know on here.

No idea what that means, you are getting odder by the day.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:12 - Feb 19 with 2204 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:28 - Feb 18 by Fireboy2

You facking crack me up

He says

'he loves playing for the team and the fans'

When pressed on whether hed like to re sign with the swans he said 'yes i love every second of it here'

'Playing for this club has been amazing and the way the gaffer has brought me through has been fantastic'

And 'if hes sold early we can use some of the moneyto replace him before the season starts'

Do you genuinely believe everything a football player says in the media? What was he supposed to say?

"I came here because I had limited options after not getting in the Hull team. I'm really disappointed I didn't get the transfer my agent and I tried to push through on deadline day".

Of course not. He'll be receiving hours of media training every month and it will almost have been instinctive to give those quotes in the original post.

Regarding you mocking my last point, if he had sold Gylfi early and didn't blow the money late in the window on trash then perhaps we'd have stayed up. We were just 1 or 2 wins off staying up remember. We were not cut adrift.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:15 - Feb 19 with 2190 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:00 - Feb 19 by SWANSEYE

Byers had a new contract at the start of the summer. All of your list have had new deals within the last 15 months, as have McBurnie, Grimes and obviously new signings like Celina.

But the owners still need to show what they're about, apparently.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:19 - Feb 19 with 2176 viewsThe_E20

Dan James to sign new deal on 07:53 - Feb 19 by jackrmee

Whether or not you think he is a supporter is irrelevant really, what he actually said was pretty sensible and far more likely a reality than the pretence that if he had his way he wouldn’t be playing for another club. People just don’t want to hear it as they don’t want to accept it.

“Im really disappointed that I didn’t get to join Leeds” is exactly the same as him saying he is disappointed he wasn’t able to leave in that scenario. No two ways about it. One may sound nicer than the other, granted - but they mean the same thing.

What Dwight said was completely fine, I’m not jumping into bed with anybody. If someone say something sensible then I say so, if they say something stupid I say so. I know more than most here that people respond to the poster rather than the content and I believe that has happened here. It helps nobody.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:23 - Feb 19 with 2155 viewsFireboy2

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:12 - Feb 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you genuinely believe everything a football player says in the media? What was he supposed to say?

"I came here because I had limited options after not getting in the Hull team. I'm really disappointed I didn't get the transfer my agent and I tried to push through on deadline day".

Of course not. He'll be receiving hours of media training every month and it will almost have been instinctive to give those quotes in the original post.

Regarding you mocking my last point, if he had sold Gylfi early and didn't blow the money late in the window on trash then perhaps we'd have stayed up. We were just 1 or 2 wins off staying up remember. We were not cut adrift.

'He will be receiving hours of medis training every month'

Jesus H christ now ive heard it all

We are not Real Madrid

Or your beloved yernited dwight

We are wee Swansea City fella

And btw for the reasons that have been mentioned earrlier ie hes playing with his mates from the u23s and for a manager that loves him i believe what he has said since the transfer window debacle
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:26 - Feb 19 with 2149 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:23 - Feb 19 by Fireboy2

'He will be receiving hours of medis training every month'

Jesus H christ now ive heard it all

We are not Real Madrid

Or your beloved yernited dwight

We are wee Swansea City fella

And btw for the reasons that have been mentioned earrlier ie hes playing with his mates from the u23s and for a manager that loves him i believe what he has said since the transfer window debacle

Hang on, do you really believe he and all the other players are not given media training?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 12:26]

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:30 - Feb 19 with 2134 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:26 - Feb 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hang on, do you really believe he and all the other players are not given media training?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 12:26]

Hours per week is over the top but they've probably had to sit through a few powerpoint presentations about Twitter, and a few mock interviews where they read from queue cards filled with the standard cliches.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 2119 viewsThe_E20

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:30 - Feb 19 by jasper_T

Hours per week is over the top but they've probably had to sit through a few powerpoint presentations about Twitter, and a few mock interviews where they read from queue cards filled with the standard cliches.

Agreed.

All our players have media training. They involve mock interviews, social media training and public club policies. You will find similar at most, if not all professional clubs.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 2119 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:30 - Feb 19 by jasper_T

They are assets worth a lot of money, in Dan James' case perhaps close to £10,000,000. One wrong word or one poorly worded sentence would tarnish his reputation, value and do a great deal of damage to the club. I do not think it is hours per week, just a few per month I would imagine.

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:40 - Feb 19 with 2096 viewsJackSomething

Dan James to sign new deal on 03:21 - Feb 19 by The_E20

What’s negative about it though, it’s realistic.

If people want to pretend he is signing a new contract due to a burning desire to play for us for years to come then they should also expect someone to come along and actually say it as it is. Nobody should have “a problem” with someone being perfectly realistic.

There were a whole 2 posts after the OP before Dwight's post. No-one in those posts seem to be pretending that Dan has a burning desire to play for us for years to come.

Plenty of people have pointed out that it would be great for Dan to sign a new contract, meaning we have more control over what fee we get when we inevitably sell him if he continues to impress. No-one jumped down their throats for it because those points were put forward in a constructive way that highlighted the benefits involved for the club and the player without claiming he'd be here forever and ever.

If you genuinely can't see the difference between those posts and Dwight's post, I'd be concerned about your comprehension levels.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:54 - Feb 19 with 2070 viewsandrew

Big money for James won’t see new players, it’ll nearly cover the money we’re foing to lose in the summer from the TV money.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:56 - Feb 19 with 2061 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:40 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

There were a whole 2 posts after the OP before Dwight's post. No-one in those posts seem to be pretending that Dan has a burning desire to play for us for years to come.

Plenty of people have pointed out that it would be great for Dan to sign a new contract, meaning we have more control over what fee we get when we inevitably sell him if he continues to impress. No-one jumped down their throats for it because those points were put forward in a constructive way that highlighted the benefits involved for the club and the player without claiming he'd be here forever and ever.

If you genuinely can't see the difference between those posts and Dwight's post, I'd be concerned about your comprehension levels.

Him signing a new contract would not give us (the club) more control over what fee we get. There is absolutely no way he would sign a contract without a reasonable release clause when in 18 months time he can walk away and collect possibly millions extra in signing on fees and wages.

Dan and his agent will be in control of what fee we get if he signs a new contract.

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:59 - Feb 19 with 2051 viewsThe_E20

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:40 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

Then you will have to just be concerned. What he said was perfectly fine, it just sounds like you didn’t want to hear it and would have preferred him to sugar coat it with faux positivity.

Of course it’s good news he may sign a new deal, but let’s not pretend he wouldn’t rather be elsewhere, he said so himself a matter of weeks ago. Not even a PL club either, a team in our division. It’s hardly the pull of a once in a lifetime club, yet he was still sat at Elland Road anxiously hoping the paperwork would be completed to grant him permission to leave and join someone else in our division.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 13:19]
Dan James to sign new deal on 13:01 - Feb 19 with 2045 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:54 - Feb 19 by andrew

Big money for James won’t see new players, it’ll nearly cover the money we’re foing to lose in the summer from the TV money.

On its own yeah but there's still a chance we might get fees for the Ayews when they return...

£10m from transfer fees from *somewhere* plus the drop in wages with half a dozen big contracts expiring, and we're on a far more even keel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024