Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors 18:24 - Feb 25 with 19499 viewsLord_Bony

Emiliano Sala plane crash: Investigators to focus on pilot's licence
The AAIB says in the last 15 minutes, the light aircraft descended sharply four times and fell at around 90mph before crashing.

https://news.sky.com/story/emiliano-sala-report-shows-unseen-pictures-of-underwa

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 18:42 - Feb 25 with 7205 viewsbonymine

Still no word from Henderson the Pilot who arranged the flight on behalf of ‘The McKays’ and the rotten, murky ‘network’ of greedy Football Agents appears to have a lot to answer here .....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/24/inside-world-willie-mckay-agent-

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 18:42 - Feb 25 with 7201 viewspencoedjack

The headline on Welsh news.

I thought the Basseys are claiming he wasn't their player.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:04 - Feb 25 with 7146 viewsLord_Bony

The pilot, a boilermaker by trade, did not have the qualifications to carry fare-paying passengers or fly in bad weather.

Someone screwed up somewhere... also the plane was 35 years old.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:10 - Feb 25 with 7125 viewsLord_Bony

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 18:42 - Feb 25 by pencoedjack

The headline on Welsh news.

I thought the Basseys are claiming he wasn't their player.

Nantes now threatening legal action if the first payments not received soon.

Fork me football is a cut-throat world.

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:20 - Feb 25 with 7078 viewspencoedjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:10 - Feb 25 by Lord_Bony

Nantes now threatening legal action if the first payments not received soon.

Fork me football is a cut-throat world.

Personally don’t see it LB

He signed for Cardiff as was widely reported.

The Basseys should stump up the cash & try to get their money back from whoever they are trying to blame (we all know they won’t get it).

As I said the other day they craved the sympathy but won’t pay up after they’ve had it.

I’d be embarrassed if that was our club.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:23 - Feb 25 with 7068 viewsLord_Bony

True dat penc.

But if it was us hopefully they d show a bit more respect under the circumstances.

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:44 - Feb 25 with 7004 viewsBadlands

The legal twisters will be looking hard for transactions between the pilot and anyone who asked him to fly the player.
The pilot may have been doing a favour and paid only to cover his costs (including, I am informed, his time) in which case it will be argued there was not a commercial transaction and the pilot suitably licensed.
It is possible payments were made 'quietly' and in cash and again the pilot would be OK (tax avoidance is another issue).
Many ifs and buts.
There will be a long and expensive trial ahead.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:49 - Feb 25 with 6986 viewsTWGL

We are hardly a model club though are we ,afterall ,we slid into administration in the 80’s and the current board are hardly connecting with the supporters.

What’s our debt,£70m or something and the Basseys net debt is £10m as of 17/18.

I can sort of understand their compassion with the player they lost. I compare it to when Jonny Owen the Boxer passed away . I’m not from Merhyr, didn’t know that man yet felt a profound sense of loss.
Login to get fewer ads

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 6973 viewsBluebird

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:20 - Feb 25 by pencoedjack

Personally don’t see it LB

He signed for Cardiff as was widely reported.

The Basseys should stump up the cash & try to get their money back from whoever they are trying to blame (we all know they won’t get it).

As I said the other day they craved the sympathy but won’t pay up after they’ve had it.

I’d be embarrassed if that was our club.

Your club would do exactly the same and so would the fans. Get your head out of your arse you bitter knob
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:53 - Feb 25 with 6968 viewsLeonWasGod

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:49 - Feb 25 by TWGL

We are hardly a model club though are we ,afterall ,we slid into administration in the 80’s and the current board are hardly connecting with the supporters.

I can sort of understand their compassion with the player they lost. I compare it to when Jonny Owen the Boxer passed away . I’m not from Merhyr, didn’t know that man yet felt a profound sense of loss.

Er, no. Cardiff’s debt was £50m last summer after Tan converted another £50m+ to equity.

That, and comparisons to our debt (figures for which haven’t been released for 17/18), are completely irrelevant to this sad case though.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:49 - Feb 25 with 6822 viewspencoedjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:51 - Feb 25 by Bluebird

Your club would do exactly the same and so would the fans. Get your head out of your arse you bitter knob

Bitter?

Not a chance our club would behave in the same manner.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:51 - Feb 25 with 6812 viewsJackfath

It's a tragic event. People should have more dignity than to try to claim points about it online.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:56 - Feb 25 with 6784 viewsBluebird

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:51 - Feb 25 by Jackfath

It's a tragic event. People should have more dignity than to try to claim points about it online.

Exactly.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:16 - Feb 25 with 6729 viewsdickythorpe

Warnock was chopsing about some injured player earlier "listening to every Tom, dick and Harry or foreigner"
Not the most tactful is he!!??
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:42 - Feb 25 with 6668 viewsGaryjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:51 - Feb 25 by Jackfath

Oh shut up you petulant tvvat! What would you like to be discussed on here? The best mixture to make Fairy cakes?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:43 - Feb 25 with 6653 viewsThe_E20

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:49 - Feb 25 by TWGL

There is not a single person at this club that was involved in the administration of the 80’s, get over it. It’s like blaming Angela Merkel for world war 2.

You may also need to take a closer look at your clubs debt, they have offset it against an unsaleable stadium which brings it to your heavily massaged figure. Also can you show me where our club is £70m in debt.

Thanks in advance.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 22:11 - Feb 25 with 6576 viewsJinxy

In terms of the accident investigation, in my view any absence of a commercial license is largely irrevant. Commercially yes of course. Poor Sala could have been anyone, a friend of the pilot's for example. I'm sure the investigation will determine the root causes (in my experience there's always more than one), and not non contribitionary factors. RIP Sala, and likely Mr Ibbotson too.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 23:15 - Feb 25 with 6495 viewsTNT

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:56 - Feb 25 by Bluebird

Exactly.

Piss off back to your own board.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 00:26 - Feb 26 with 6409 viewsLoyal

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:23 - Feb 25 by Lord_Bony

True dat penc.

But if it was us hopefully they d show a bit more respect under the circumstances.

I suppose the club could employ E20 to do the dialogue, after a few hours they will pay double just to get rid of the repetitive cnt 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:02 - Feb 26 with 6271 viewswobbly

There is an expression that you can have old pilots and bold pilots but you don’t have old, bold pilots. The more you read about this, the more you could describe this flight plan as bold.

A flight in a 35 year old, single engined aircraft, over long expanses of water, in winter, departing late in the day, in freezing conditions, with heavy rain and low clouds, with a pilot only certified to fly visually.

Sadly, the reports today indicate a panicked last few minutes as the pilot realised his ambition had exceeded his ability. And that his luck had run out.

That would have been a very scary end to both of their lives. The contractual stuff over money between two football clubs is but a sideshow.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:44 - Feb 26 with 6208 viewsThornburyswan

From everything I've read/heard Nantes are in the clear here & will get there money from Cardiff, there may be an angle for Cardiff to recoup some funds via claims against the Agent/Pilot's insurer/own insurance etc & suspect that Cardiff's legal team (Cardiff based law firm) have instructed them to say little & hold payment whilst they overturn every stone.

Pretty standard legal route in such circumstances, Nantes will get their money.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:49 - Feb 26 with 6198 viewssainthelens

Arnt we overdue a minutes silence ?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 08:31 - Feb 26 with 6145 viewsraynor94

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:02 - Feb 26 by wobbly

There is an expression that you can have old pilots and bold pilots but you don’t have old, bold pilots. The more you read about this, the more you could describe this flight plan as bold.

A flight in a 35 year old, single engined aircraft, over long expanses of water, in winter, departing late in the day, in freezing conditions, with heavy rain and low clouds, with a pilot only certified to fly visually.

Sadly, the reports today indicate a panicked last few minutes as the pilot realised his ambition had exceeded his ability. And that his luck had run out.

That would have been a very scary end to both of their lives. The contractual stuff over money between two football clubs is but a sideshow.

Excellent post, sums things up perfectly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 09:00 - Feb 26 with 6106 viewsJinxy

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:02 - Feb 26 by wobbly

Where in Sky's report does it state that the pilot was "only certified to fly visually"? Genuine question.

If this is the case, then of course it would be regarded as a key causal factor. In the OP link to Sky's report, I don't see that anywhere. I do see that he wanted to "maintain visibility", which is understandable as it would be preferable whether licensed to fly at night/low visibility or not.

If the report is public it would be interesting if someone can post a link.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 09:12 - Feb 26 with 6087 viewsraynor94

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 09:00 - Feb 26 by Jinxy

Where in Sky's report does it state that the pilot was "only certified to fly visually"? Genuine question.

If this is the case, then of course it would be regarded as a key causal factor. In the OP link to Sky's report, I don't see that anywhere. I do see that he wanted to "maintain visibility", which is understandable as it would be preferable whether licensed to fly at night/low visibility or not.

If the report is public it would be interesting if someone can post a link.

Sorry I can't post the link, but the report states he could only fly vfr (visual) and not ifr(instrument flight rules) it was a disaster waiting to happen

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024