Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist chants at Football matches... 23:12 - Mar 25 with 1911 viewsBrynCartwright

..happened tonight in Montenegro...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47700628

What is it with these Balkan, and Easter Europeans that they think it is OK to do this? Hope UEFA slap them with some sort of decent penalty like a points deduction, or home crowd ban for their next game minimum.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Racist chants at Football matches... on 11:04 - Mar 26 with 1806 viewsBadlands

Right wing extremism, pure blood philosophy and Conservative Christian indoctrination is the norm.
And it's becoming acceptable inn he UK too.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Racist chants at Football matches... on 13:59 - Mar 26 with 1705 viewsJonathans_coat

Racist chants at Football matches... on 11:04 - Mar 26 by Badlands

Right wing extremism, pure blood philosophy and Conservative Christian indoctrination is the norm.
And it's becoming acceptable inn he UK too.

Absolutely love the balkans as a destination. So many lovely old Venetian walled towns, and some incredible natuaral beauty. But the same history that makes the area such an interesting cultural melting pot, has created a bit of a religious and socio-political tinderbox.

There is absolutely no love lost whatsoever between the Catholic Croats, the Orthodox Serbs and then Muslim Bosniaks. They absolutely despise each other, and the memory of the recent conflicts Is still very raw. There’s enough problems there without even mentioning the Slovenes, Albanians, Kosovans, Macedonians, Greeks and Bulgarians.

Bosnia in particular is complicated. You try explaining to someone that it’s actually 2 political states which have 3 presidents. Unfortunately there is a lot of “extremist” ideology around there, thanks to there recent history, and to them Race, Politics and religion are all rolled into the mix. Think of it as Northern Ireland on speed and you’d be nearly half there! None this excuses any racism or intolerance, but it’s just sadly so commonplace in some parts of the world.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 14:00]
Racist chants at Football matches... on 15:39 - Mar 26 with 1643 viewsBadlands

Racist chants at Football matches... on 13:59 - Mar 26 by Jonathans_coat

Absolutely love the balkans as a destination. So many lovely old Venetian walled towns, and some incredible natuaral beauty. But the same history that makes the area such an interesting cultural melting pot, has created a bit of a religious and socio-political tinderbox.

There is absolutely no love lost whatsoever between the Catholic Croats, the Orthodox Serbs and then Muslim Bosniaks. They absolutely despise each other, and the memory of the recent conflicts Is still very raw. There’s enough problems there without even mentioning the Slovenes, Albanians, Kosovans, Macedonians, Greeks and Bulgarians.

Bosnia in particular is complicated. You try explaining to someone that it’s actually 2 political states which have 3 presidents. Unfortunately there is a lot of “extremist” ideology around there, thanks to there recent history, and to them Race, Politics and religion are all rolled into the mix. Think of it as Northern Ireland on speed and you’d be nearly half there! None this excuses any racism or intolerance, but it’s just sadly so commonplace in some parts of the world.

Loved Yugoslavia but would think seriously about travelling outside the tourist areas now.

Racist chants at Football matches... on 16:55 - Mar 26 with 1591 viewsHighjack

Pond life.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Racist chants at Football matches... on 16:59 - Mar 26 with 1585 viewsswanforthemoney

There’s lots of racist chants down the Liberty
- Same old English, always cheatin
- Engerland is full of sh1t
I’m sure there’s others I’ve heard over the years

Hurts my feelings, it does, when a couple of thousand standing around me shout such things.

I stand in the North Stand

Racist chants at Football matches... on 17:20 - Mar 26 with 1563 viewssherpajacob

Racist chants at Football matches... on 15:39 - Mar 26 by Badlands

Loved Yugoslavia but would think seriously about travelling outside the tourist areas now.

I've just recently been to Slovenia, beautiful country and beautiful people. A lot of similarities with wales imho

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Racist chants at Football matches... on 20:50 - Mar 26 with 1481 viewsjdtswan

I think the only way to eradicate it, both internationally and domestic is to prosecute the club and or country. Once your team supporters know the knock on effect be it points deduction , financial, closed doors matches, lost revenue etc, the first person who gobs off about anything remotely racist will end up like the wicker man. It would be a public lynching. Most of these are not kids, they they are 20-40, we're not talking people who grew up watching 'Love Thy Neighbour'

I know if someone in front of me made racist gestures or comments, I'd bust a bottle over his head, although I am rather impulsive.
Racist chants at Football matches... on 22:53 - Mar 26 with 1429 viewsGlyn1

At the Liberty, has anyone ever heard any racist chants against the English?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Racist chants at Football matches... on 05:28 - Mar 27 with 1379 viewsjack247

Racist chants at Football matches... on 22:53 - Mar 26 by Glyn1

At the Liberty, has anyone ever heard any racist chants against the English?

ARe you seriously comparing ‘England’s full of shit’ and ‘always shit on the English side of the bridge’ to the kind of abuse Rose and Sterling were getting Monday?
Racist chants at Football matches... on 07:05 - Mar 27 with 1356 viewssainthelens

Whatever
Doesn't alter the fact that Sterling is a cheating cvnt.
Racist chants at Football matches... on 07:40 - Mar 27 with 1339 viewschad

Racist chants at Football matches... on 05:28 - Mar 27 by jack247

ARe you seriously comparing ‘England’s full of shit’ and ‘always shit on the English side of the bridge’ to the kind of abuse Rose and Sterling were getting Monday?

Shocking stuff at the football of course, but are you suggesting any racism is ok so long as it’s the right sort, and we should be able to pick and choose?
Racist chants at Football matches... on 08:35 - Mar 27 with 1313 viewsjack247

Racist chants at Football matches... on 07:40 - Mar 27 by chad

Shocking stuff at the football of course, but are you suggesting any racism is ok so long as it’s the right sort, and we should be able to pick and choose?

Not at all. I’m suggesting football banter is ok, racism isn’t. Some people are so precious and desperate to be offended, they can’t tell the difference.
Racist chants at Football matches... on 09:09 - Mar 27 with 1294 viewsjackrmee

Racist chants at Football matches... on 13:59 - Mar 26 by Jonathans_coat

I went hitchiking through the Balkans a couple of years ago. Stayed in hostels in Mostar, Sarajevo and someones home in Medugorje. Did the same in Croatia where I stayed in local homes in Zadar, Zagreb and hostels in Split.

Almost all the locals told of no hate and that they lived together happily with the other religions. Even during the independence fighting they helped each other.
Hostel Teatar (Theatre Hostel) in Sarajevo is actually run by 2 young lads, one of which is Bosniak and the other a Croat from Zadar. They are good friends. If you spend some time in Sarajevo, you will not see hate. You'll see different cultures and religions living literally next door to each other in peace and harmony.
There is obviously some discriminatory groups, but imo the hate is nowhere near as bad as it is here. They don't just accept each other there, they help/love each other.

The divisions were by governments, politicians and armies.
Much of the lies about the divisions and hate are through the media and propoganda.
Surprising that?
No

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Racist chants at Football matches... on 09:11 - Mar 27 with 1291 viewsjackrmee

Racist chants at Football matches... on 16:59 - Mar 26 by swanforthemoney

Hurts my feelings, it does, when a couple of thousand standing around me shout such things.

I'm not racist, but I do like those chants. Makes me chuckle every time.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Racist chants at Football matches... on 18:12 - Mar 27 with 1225 viewsbuilthjack

The England thing will always be there. Its banter more than anything. It does get a bit silly but that's about it.
Racism is a totally different matter, and nobody in their right mind should be racist these days.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Racist chants at Football matches... on 19:25 - Mar 27 with 1206 viewsBadlands

Racist chants at Football matches... on 16:59 - Mar 26 by swanforthemoney

Blow up sheep
Sheepsha%%ers
F@@K back to the valleys
Always s@@t on the Welsh side of the bridge.

Racist chants at Football matches... on 20:29 - Mar 27 with 1186 viewsJack11

With all due respect, nobody welsh has the right to judge whether anti english songs are racist/offensive or not. This whole hiding behind that awful word banter is a new phenomenon that can do one as well. To me banter is just a word thick people use to hide behind the fact they are uneducated cretins and their default setting is to be offensive.
Racist chants at Football matches... on 07:35 - Mar 28 with 1129 viewschad

Racist chants at Football matches... on 08:35 - Mar 27 by jack247

Not at all. I’m suggesting football banter is ok, racism isn’t. Some people are so precious and desperate to be offended, they can’t tell the difference.

So we can pick and choose who to be racist against, because racist it most definitely is

I have no doubt a lot of white racists have repeatedly described their comments against darker skinned people as banter and described their objections as precious.

After all it’s just a laugh isn’t it?
Racist chants at Football matches... on 07:43 - Mar 28 with 1125 viewschad

Racist chants at Football matches... on 19:25 - Mar 27 by Badlands

Blow up sheep
Sheepsha%%ers
F@@K back to the valleys
Always s@@t on the Welsh side of the bridge.

Same

But it is almost as if we want to goad it from them. Getting so fed up if they don’t abuse us that we sing we know what we are. Whereas the anti England abuse is a regular feature.
Racist chants at Football matches... on 08:20 - Mar 28 with 1116 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Racist chants at Football matches... on 09:11 - Mar 27 by jackrmee

I'm not racist, but I do like those chants. Makes me chuckle every time.

What if the word 'England' was replaced with 'Gambia' when we play against Barrow, or perhaps India when facing Chopra? Would that make you chuckle?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Racist chants at Football matches... on 08:54 - Mar 28 with 1093 viewslonglostjack

Racist chants at Football matches... on 08:20 - Mar 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What if the word 'England' was replaced with 'Gambia' when we play against Barrow, or perhaps India when facing Chopra? Would that make you chuckle?

"Oh Gambia is full of shit" Nah that just sounds stupid and why would anyone be bothered to mention India? "We hate the Cardiff scum" is much better.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Racist chants at Football matches... on 09:27 - Mar 28 with 1072 viewssainthelens

I've been to Gambia. It's not full of shit, but the roads are appalling.
Racist chants at Football matches... on 22:16 - Mar 29 with 991 viewsjackrmee

Racist chants at Football matches... on 20:29 - Mar 27 by Jack11

With all due respect, nobody welsh has the right to judge whether anti english songs are racist/offensive or not. This whole hiding behind that awful word banter is a new phenomenon that can do one as well. To me banter is just a word thick people use to hide behind the fact they are uneducated cretins and their default setting is to be offensive.

It is banter though. Does anyone actually get offended when chants of sheepshagger are hurled towards us? It's funny I think.

Racist chants at Football matches... on 22:24 - Mar 29 with 991 viewsjackrmee

It's not the players the fans' chants are aimed at, it's their fans dipshit.
It's banter.
If we were playing against a Gambian team who we had some previous banter with, I'm sure we would be chanting Gambia's full of shit, or something more catchy to wind the bastards up too. It's not racist. If they started chanting about their skin or race etc then thats nasty, and a totally different matter imo.

Just for the record, I was born in Africa, brought up in Wales and my both parents are English kunts, which I wind them up about constantly seen as they decided to move to Wales. Nothing sinister and I don't hate them. People need to get a bit of perspective mun.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024