Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? 22:33 - Apr 1 with 3625 viewsbuilthjack

Seems an odd thing to do

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 10:07 - Apr 2 with 1364 viewstaffpunk

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 09:40 - Apr 2 by Ebo

My father used to go and watch the Swans when they were at home and Cardiff when they were at home (all depending where mam wanted to go shopping) back in the early 70's as did a lot of people back then. Fortunately my mother preferred Swansea so ended up watching a lot of Swans home games around 1976 which is where I really started. We never went back to Ninian park again :) Although I did go once with my brother who loosely supports 'them' very early 80's (I was about 11 so don't judge as I was a full on jack by then).

Hi Ebo, I was out with our mutual friends Paul and Lisa on Friday night, great company. Went to Jacs for the first time, great Venue, but unfortunately a dismal turn-out.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 10:11 - Apr 2 with 1349 viewsEbo

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 10:07 - Apr 2 by taffpunk

Hi Ebo, I was out with our mutual friends Paul and Lisa on Friday night, great company. Went to Jacs for the first time, great Venue, but unfortunately a dismal turn-out.

Ah Paul is a smashing fella. We have been mates since we were about 12. Not seen him for a while or Lisa but keep in touch with him on FB. Yeah Jacs aint bad is it, seems to be doing well but like most small venues it's hard to sell original material bands as the tributes *spit* make the coin.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 12:13 - Apr 2 with 1255 viewsjack247

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 10:05 - Apr 2 by taffpunk

I don't get it myself, but it definitely happens, and always has.

I suppose it comes down to how you define ‘support’. Plenty of floating voters who like to see Welsh football teams doing well, oddballs who yo-yo depending on who is more successful or people who live halfway between the two and get to a game most weekends without having to travel.

I wouldn’t class any of those as genuine supporters of either team though.
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 12:26 - Apr 2 with 1247 viewsBluebird

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 10:05 - Apr 2 by 34dfgdf54

I despise them with a passion.

I can't get my head around any Swans fan wanting them to ever do well.

How come you support swansea when Cardiff and Newport are closer?
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 12:31 - Apr 2 with 1244 viewsBluebird

I wouldn't support swansea but do respect your fans who were there in your dark years.
I know how hard it was supporting our local teams back then
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 12:40 - Apr 2 with 1227 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 04:51 - Apr 2 by Glyn1

I don't support them but I don't dislike them or (wow) hate them, basically because they're identical to us. We're not separated by religion (Celtic / Rangers, Everton / Liverpool), and if you look at the demographics the majority of the supporters are the same: Welsh, overwhelmingly white, working class or from a working class family - it's not as if we've even played each other very often over the years. When the regular posters on here start ranting, I usually think they're being hysterical or are play-acting. I understand that everyone needs to have a grudge against their nearest neighbour to keep things interesting, and if you don't have a nearest neighbour you create a spurious grudge with someone else (Brighton / Crystal Palace).

Still want Cardiff to get relegated though.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 4:59]

Do you live in South Wales Glyn? I can’t believe you think “they’re just a different club up the road”.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 13:08 - Apr 2 with 1193 viewsGlyn1

Didn't someone say that the opposite of Love isn't Hate, it's Indifference. And I couldn't care less about them.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 13:43 - Apr 2 with 1175 viewsFlashberryjack

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 07:29 - Apr 2 by sherpajacob

I support Cardiff Under 10s, hopefully next season I'll be supporting Cardiff U11s.

Other than that, No,

It's complicated

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 17:46 - Apr 2 with 1077 viewsswan65split

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 12:13 - Apr 2 by jack247

I suppose it comes down to how you define ‘support’. Plenty of floating voters who like to see Welsh football teams doing well, oddballs who yo-yo depending on who is more successful or people who live halfway between the two and get to a game most weekends without having to travel.

I wouldn’t class any of those as genuine supporters of either team though.

I used to work with an old chap in the 70s now and again, from Maesteg, single chap, who traveled the whole of South Wales area watching football/Rugby /Cricket, not any special side, whoever was playing .
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 17:57 - Apr 2 with 1058 viewssherpajacob

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 13:43 - Apr 2 by Flashberryjack

It's complicated

My father in law, who grew up supporting Cardiff (in a passive way), is now a swans season ticket holder.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 18:54 - Apr 2 with 1027 viewsjack_lord

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 08:24 - Apr 2 by owainglyndwr

Had a good few scrapes with them over the years, also I'm working with some very bitter Jack haters in Cardiff.
But worst of all we had a school trip to watch Wales at Ninian Park aged 13, and being surrounded by Cardiff fans in their late Teens early twenties our teacher was ask by the police to take us out of the ground at half time.
We have nothing in common with them.

Which teacher?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:31 - Apr 2 with 1003 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea born but grew up in England for the most part. Swansea through and through in this family. I have become a right ol welsh nationalist so it seems, which means i want every welsh club to do well that play against English clubs.
A fellow recently said to me that it must be quite hypocritical of myself to hope welsh clubs to do well but not Cardiff.
If we can not be in the top flight then i am happy for any other Welsh club to represent Wales, anyone but Cardiff.

Up the County

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:47 - Apr 2 with 993 viewsjacktar_

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 07:24 - Apr 2 by pencoedjack

I fuking hate them with a vengeance

Seek councelling.
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:52 - Apr 2 with 987 viewsjacktar_

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 18:54 - Apr 2 by jack_lord

Which teacher?

File with, things like other stuff that never actually happened.
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:52 - Apr 2 with 987 viewsmajorraglan

Guy I work with has 2 boys who are football mad. One goes down the Liberty with his mother and father, the other goes to the CCS to watch Cardiff with his grandfather.
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 21:32 - Apr 2 with 942 viewsBluebird

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:47 - Apr 2 by jacktar_

Seek councelling.

I wonder if someone has cheated on him with a Bluebird
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 23:18 - Apr 2 with 871 viewsTNT

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 07:24 - Apr 2 by pencoedjack

I fuking hate them with a vengeance

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 12:06 - Apr 3 with 719 viewstaffpunk

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:31 - Apr 2 by SgorioFruit

Swansea born but grew up in England for the most part. Swansea through and through in this family. I have become a right ol welsh nationalist so it seems, which means i want every welsh club to do well that play against English clubs.
A fellow recently said to me that it must be quite hypocritical of myself to hope welsh clubs to do well but not Cardiff.
If we can not be in the top flight then i am happy for any other Welsh club to represent Wales, anyone but Cardiff.

Up the County

You've lost me now, 'I want EVERY Welsh club to do well that play against English clubs'. Next sentence, 'hope Welsh clubs to do well, but not Cardiff'. Which one is it?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 14:11 - Apr 3 with 678 viewsEbo

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:52 - Apr 2 by majorraglan

Guy I work with has 2 boys who are football mad. One goes down the Liberty with his mother and father, the other goes to the CCS to watch Cardiff with his grandfather.

There's a family in Aberdare who for years and years have been coming down to watch the Swans all except one who turned to Cardiff when they first made it into the Championship. This fella has a son who used to go to the Vetch with him many years ago but now frequents CCS. The rest are still jacks though.

ValleyBoy will probably know who I mean. Nice family though.

Being from Aberdare you just get on with one another. Sure there is rivalry but it rarely ever gets out of hand.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 14:12]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:25 - Apr 3 with 614 viewsplasjack

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 14:11 - Apr 3 by Ebo

There's a family in Aberdare who for years and years have been coming down to watch the Swans all except one who turned to Cardiff when they first made it into the Championship. This fella has a son who used to go to the Vetch with him many years ago but now frequents CCS. The rest are still jacks though.

ValleyBoy will probably know who I mean. Nice family though.

Being from Aberdare you just get on with one another. Sure there is rivalry but it rarely ever gets out of hand.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 14:12]

Wait until next season, as regards supporting Cardiff, rather use an electric drill on my pimples than support a team who makes a mockery of our beautiful game.
Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:26 - Apr 3 with 613 viewsOldjack

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 23:23 - Apr 1 by owainglyndwr

I support whoever plays Cardiff does that count

This

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:31 - Apr 3 with 606 viewsOldjack

this dopy bollock will not have a bad word said about them, raynor94 ,he's a closet blueturd of that there is no doubt

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 19:57 - Apr 3 with 583 viewssherpajacob

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 08:14 - Apr 2 by WarwickHunt

I hope your lad scores a hat-trick and they lose.

Little blue bàstards.

He's a swans season ticket holder as well, as is their goalkeeper.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 00:13 - Apr 4 with 489 viewsdobjack2

Do any others on here support both Cardiff and Swansea? on 10:05 - Apr 2 by taffpunk

I don't get it myself, but it definitely happens, and always has.

Don’t disagree it hasn’t happened in the past or happens now with floating fans but I can’t see anyone “Cardiff born and bred” or “Swansea jacks” under 70 feeling that way.

Many years ago I went to a Cardiff - Chelsea cup game with lads I worked with as they gave me a free ticket. Unsurprisingly major trouble, so much so that I had to join in the celebrations when Cardiff scored.

Never again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024