Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay and transgender relationship 12:15 - May 16 with 17687 viewsvalleyboy

Should this be taught/discussed with children as young as 6 and 7 in our schools

Myself I would have thought there are much more important subjects to be taught

So that children come out with a decent education and be able to get good employment
Gay and transgender relationship on 15:13 - May 18 with 907 viewstrinityann

Should definitely not be taught at 6/7 years of age, let kids just play at that age. If they do ask, then explain to them. It was only last year I had to tell my 10 year old that santa didn't exist.
Gay and transgender relationship on 15:16 - May 18 with 901 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 14:14 - May 18 by jackrmee

I'm not offended at all mate. Don't know where you got that from.
I am slightly concerned that you think gay people are different though.
That's like saying that people who eat meat are different. Or people who don't like sports are different. Or people who wear shirts as opposed to tshirts are different.
No mate, we are all the same. Kids need to learn this.

Kids don't need to learn prejudice.
You are prejudiced.

I don't believe gay people are different at all or transgenders for that matter! Please say where i have said that. I just think 6 yrs of age is far to young to teach children about LGBT in schools. But yeah if you like, i'm a prejudiced racist homophobe you win!
Gay and transgender relationship on 15:16 - May 18 with 897 viewsDarran

Gay and transgender relationship on 14:20 - May 18 by Sirjohnalot

Gary, our views are so entirely diverse, we are clearly. It going to get anywhere.

Wish you well
[Post edited 18 May 2019 14:35]

What?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gay and transgender relationship on 15:26 - May 18 with 864 viewsjackrmee

Gay and transgender relationship on 15:16 - May 18 by Garyjack

I don't believe gay people are different at all or transgenders for that matter! Please say where i have said that. I just think 6 yrs of age is far to young to teach children about LGBT in schools. But yeah if you like, i'm a prejudiced racist homophobe you win!

"Don't fvck with all our kids heads because some are different. "

"It's not fair on young children who do not have issues with their gender to be taught that others do"

" all their schoolmates knowing they are 'different' "

"Do you honestly think gays, lesbians and transgenders shout it from the rooftops when it dawns on them that they are what they are?"

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Gay and transgender relationship on 15:50 - May 18 with 826 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 15:26 - May 18 by jackrmee

"It's not fair on young children who do not have issues with their gender to be taught that others do"

"Do you honestly think gays, lesbians and transgenders shout it from the rooftops when it dawns on them that they are what they are?"

In the eyes of a six year old not mine.

Erm most LGBT people certainly do have issues coming to terms with their sexual identity. That's not me saying they are different.

Again, in the eyes of a child. Lisa seems to think it would help children understand and in turn lead to less bullying? I'd say it presents a whole new set of problems surrounding bullying, with kids wrongly being branded gay or girls being accused of being boys etc. Kids can be a nasty bunch when they want to be.

Do you think they do? There's nothing in there about me saying they are different though is there?
Gay and transgender relationship on 16:53 - May 18 with 773 viewsSirjohnalot

Gay and transgender relationship on 15:16 - May 18 by Darran

What?

Stupid mobile......meant to say something like we are not going to agree as are opinions are opposite.

Cheers Darren :)
Gay and transgender relationship on 16:57 - May 18 with 771 viewsjack2jack

Gay and transgender relationship on 15:10 - May 18 by Garyjack

My 'kids' are now 20 and 22. They were brought up to respect others, no matter what colour, religion or sexual orientation, and neither of them has ever bullied anyone. I think i did ok thanks, and there was no need at all for them to be taught about LGBT or shown men kissing each other on the telly at 6 years of age.

Great post Gary.
Gay and transgender relationship on 16:57 - May 18 with 771 viewsDarran

Gay and transgender relationship on 15:10 - May 18 by Garyjack

My 'kids' are now 20 and 22. They were brought up to respect others, no matter what colour, religion or sexual orientation, and neither of them has ever bullied anyone. I think i did ok thanks, and there was no need at all for them to be taught about LGBT or shown men kissing each other on the telly at 6 years of age.

You seeing Rocketman this week Gar? 😂

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:15 - May 18 with 754 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 16:57 - May 18 by Darran

You seeing Rocketman this week Gar? 😂

I've seen some crap reviews on it tbh Dar.
Gay and transgender relationship on 17:28 - May 18 with 740 viewsexiledclaseboy

The notion that someone’s opinion on subjects like this is less valid or invalid if they don’t have kids is bollocks.

Poll: Tory leader

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:37 - May 18 with 730 viewsdickythorpe

Now I'm older I can see that there were definitely classmates of mine that were gay. But they felt isolated because of name calling and bullying.
If education at a younger age could have been better then this isolation would not have led to serious problems in latter life.
Nice to see this as a debate. I don't care a jot about what sexuality someone is.
Let's look at our city of Swansea, hardly inviting for non-heterosexuals.
Only one or 2 venues in the High Street. Shame.
Gay and transgender relationship on 17:39 - May 18 with 728 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:28 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

The notion that someone’s opinion on subjects like this is less valid or invalid if they don’t have kids is bollocks.

Maybe, maybe not. But for me, this is a parental issue. You teach your kids right from wrong, and explain things to them on a need to know and as and when basis. It's basic parenting, and not something which should be part of some school curriculum for a six year old child
Gay and transgender relationship on 17:43 - May 18 with 719 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:37 - May 18 by dickythorpe

Now I'm older I can see that there were definitely classmates of mine that were gay. But they felt isolated because of name calling and bullying.
If education at a younger age could have been better then this isolation would not have led to serious problems in latter life.
Nice to see this as a debate. I don't care a jot about what sexuality someone is.
Let's look at our city of Swansea, hardly inviting for non-heterosexuals.
Only one or 2 venues in the High Street. Shame.

Omg Dicky! Why should non heterosexuals have to go do different places? Why can't they go to the same places as heterosexuals? You've shot yourself in the foot there Dicky my lad!
Gay and transgender relationship on 17:43 - May 18 with 717 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:39 - May 18 by Garyjack

Maybe, maybe not. But for me, this is a parental issue. You teach your kids right from wrong, and explain things to them on a need to know and as and when basis. It's basic parenting, and not something which should be part of some school curriculum for a six year old child

That’s a slightly different issue though. And as outlined all schools are telling kids are that differences exist and the younger they learn that not everyone is the same and that if someone is different to them then that’s fine the better.

And of course not all parents will say anything to their kids about sex. Mine never did. And many parents will have attitudes about such issues that will influence their kids negatively. That’s where schools come in to redress that imbalance.

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:46 - May 18 with 711 viewsdickythorpe

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:43 - May 18 by Garyjack

Omg Dicky! Why should non heterosexuals have to go do different places? Why can't they go to the same places as heterosexuals? You've shot yourself in the foot there Dicky my lad!

Very good Gary, so you'd be delighted to see a crossdresser in your local then?
Gay and transgender relationship on 17:49 - May 18 with 703 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:46 - May 18 by dickythorpe

Very good Gary, so you'd be delighted to see a crossdresser in your local then?

No, i wouldn't be delighted, i just wouldn't particularly care either way. i'd certainly treat them the same as anyone else if our paths crossed though.
Gay and transgender relationship on 18:00 - May 18 with 687 viewsGwyn737

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:49 - May 18 by Garyjack

No, i wouldn't be delighted, i just wouldn't particularly care either way. i'd certainly treat them the same as anyone else if our paths crossed though.

Unless there were some 6 or 7 year olds in the pub.

Then everyone would have to switch to ignore mode.
Gay and transgender relationship on 18:07 - May 18 with 676 viewsHumpty

Gay and transgender relationship on 22:49 - May 17 by Garyjack

Exactly. And i very much doubt whether anyone who has posted on this thread in support of it actually has kids. End of.

I have kids and I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Who made you the spokesman for all parents?
Gay and transgender relationship on 18:10 - May 18 with 665 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:43 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

That’s a slightly different issue though. And as outlined all schools are telling kids are that differences exist and the younger they learn that not everyone is the same and that if someone is different to them then that’s fine the better.

And of course not all parents will say anything to their kids about sex. Mine never did. And many parents will have attitudes about such issues that will influence their kids negatively. That’s where schools come in to redress that imbalance.

I'm not taking on all comers here Andrew, i've said my bit and think i've put my views across constructively. But teaching this in schools across the board to 6 year old children, many who have different issues is not right in my opinion. Let me give you just one example:
My step daughter is a single mum, she has a 5 yr old daughter who is now asking why she hasn't got a daddy. Situation was that she was living in London, met a guy and the relationship fizzled out pretty quickly. 6 1/2 months later she found out she was pregnant. She has traced the father and found out he is married, and while he does pay for his child, it's impossible for her to have a relationship with him. Now while things have somewhat been explained to her, i'm pretty sure that my step daughter wouldn't want her daughter to come home from school asking if she can have another mummy instead! And that's just one example. So no, schools do not redress the balance as many children have to deal with different issues as it is. Don't confuse them further, just be a good parent.
Gay and transgender relationship on 18:10 - May 18 with 660 viewsNeath_Jack

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:07 - May 18 by Humpty

Hello, Hump is back, Hump is back whooaa!

Coincidence you've turned back up this evening, Graham is that you?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:11 - May 18 with 658 viewssammylee3

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:07 - May 18 by Humpty

its a cultural marxist agenda to destroy the christian family in particular and sell your children gender altering drugs.

Shouldnt be taught to undet 16s.
Gay and transgender relationship on 18:12 - May 18 with 657 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:00 - May 18 by Gwyn737

Unless there were some 6 or 7 year olds in the pub.

Then everyone would have to switch to ignore mode.

I doubt whether 6 or 7 yr olds would notice the difference tbh Mr Pedantic!
Gay and transgender relationship on 18:12 - May 18 with 657 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:11 - May 18 by sammylee3

its a cultural marxist agenda to destroy the christian family in particular and sell your children gender altering drugs.

Shouldnt be taught to undet 16s.

Well there goes that thread.

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:14 - May 18 with 644 viewsCooperman

My very simple take on this is that there is a place in education for the subject but that introducing it for 6 or 7 year olds is a year or two too early.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:15 - May 18 with 641 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 18:10 - May 18 by Garyjack

I'm not taking on all comers here Andrew, i've said my bit and think i've put my views across constructively. But teaching this in schools across the board to 6 year old children, many who have different issues is not right in my opinion. Let me give you just one example:
My step daughter is a single mum, she has a 5 yr old daughter who is now asking why she hasn't got a daddy. Situation was that she was living in London, met a guy and the relationship fizzled out pretty quickly. 6 1/2 months later she found out she was pregnant. She has traced the father and found out he is married, and while he does pay for his child, it's impossible for her to have a relationship with him. Now while things have somewhat been explained to her, i'm pretty sure that my step daughter wouldn't want her daughter to come home from school asking if she can have another mummy instead! And that's just one example. So no, schools do not redress the balance as many children have to deal with different issues as it is. Don't confuse them further, just be a good parent.

We’ll have to agree to differ on the general point. I get that all families have issues to deal with, god knows my own isn’t exactly functional. But I don’t think schools telling kids that people are different and some people do things that are outside the “norm” is going to damage any kid.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024