Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... 13:57 - May 20 with 6529 viewsThrasher6

Not sure if he'll be on show.....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 17:03 - May 20 with 1433 viewssainthelens

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 16:59 - May 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Kissing the badge is no big deal as far as I’m concerned. I’m sure they meant it at that moment.

It’s like kissing a girl and really meaning it then looking over her shoulder and seeing another one that you’d prefer to be kissing.

Don’t get emotionally attached to players and managers, it’s going to end in tears.

At that instant without any doubt he knew our situation wouldn't be changing and would have plenty of second thoughts about staying. So my question is....why do it? You'll look a tw@t.
No big deal now....Fck him .
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 17:35 - May 20 with 1301 viewsPrivate_Partz

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 14:49 - May 20 by Thrasher6

My gripe with Potter is that....as he stated many times...he knew what was ahead of him. It's pretty naive to suggest that it is all the owners fault. Birch seemingly offered him a package to stay but the man....decides to dump us at the first opportunity. Hard not to think we are just a pawn in his career progression and all the Guardian articles spouting loyalty to his previous side and building a project etc etc...seem to be bullsh@t.

He might have been told what was ahead but then reality dawned on him as the summer window ended and January one kicked in. Jenkins falling in his sword was obviously a major warning for him.
Potter has said the attraction of Brighton was their plans for the future. Obviously considerably more ambitious than ours.
He may be disappointed again but I certainly don't blame him for going to a club that professes ambition.
We on the other hand are hoping for a miracle worker to limit the losses to the Hedge Fund whilst we tread water or decline with minimum impact.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 17:53 - May 20 with 1256 viewsclloy2

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 14:42 - May 20 by andypitt56

I won't be applauding, but i certainly don't blame him for leaving.

My guess is if we had sold James to Leeds he would have left on his own according in January.

The owners haven't backed him, and all this talk of him being made the highest paid manager in the champ is probably bollocks. We are making redundancies, it is just the owners trying to say well we tried to keep him blah blah..

Aim your anger at the owners for not backing him.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 14:43]

Absolutely spot on.
He was lied to last year when they brought him across from Sweden, on the basis of promises which didn't materialise.
Look at what stunt the owners tried to pull on transfer deadline day, which needed Potter to sort out when it all backfired.
He knew full well like most of us sensible fans, that there is NO REAL money for team strengthening, and asset stripping will continue shortly. He could be the highest paid manager in the country at Swansea, but when you don't have a team to work with what's the point.
I would of done exactly the same thing if I was in his shoes.
I wish him all the best at Brighton, and sympathise with the next poor sod who the owners fool into taking the job at Swansea.
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 17:56 - May 20 with 1231 viewsBillyChong

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 17:53 - May 20 by clloy2

Absolutely spot on.
He was lied to last year when they brought him across from Sweden, on the basis of promises which didn't materialise.
Look at what stunt the owners tried to pull on transfer deadline day, which needed Potter to sort out when it all backfired.
He knew full well like most of us sensible fans, that there is NO REAL money for team strengthening, and asset stripping will continue shortly. He could be the highest paid manager in the country at Swansea, but when you don't have a team to work with what's the point.
I would of done exactly the same thing if I was in his shoes.
I wish him all the best at Brighton, and sympathise with the next poor sod who the owners fool into taking the job at Swansea.

Exactly. Probably not worth whatever he was offered to risk his growing reputation amongst this shambles with no guarantee of transfer funds. The board need to hope someone is desperate enough for the job, anyone with a bit of sense would think long and hard.
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:12 - May 20 with 1193 viewsAl_Bundy

The real Judas culprit here is sitting on his loot somewhere.
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:15 - May 20 with 1185 viewsAngelRangelQS

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:12 - May 20 by Al_Bundy

The people who sold us down the river will always be the real Judases (judai?)
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:34 - May 20 with 1149 viewslonglostjack

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 17:01 - May 20 by LeonWasGod

It's part of the game. If people take that too literally / seriously, they need their heads looking at.

There are a fair few aspects of the modern game that I dislike and that’s one of them. Pestering the ref to give an opponent a yellow, feigning injury and cheating to get a penalty are higher on the list though granted.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:42 - May 20 with 1126 viewsclloy2

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:12 - May 20 by Al_Bundy

Too true, and there's plenty of them around
Login to get fewer ads

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:47 - May 20 with 1107 viewsgiantstoneater

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 14:49 - May 20 by Thrasher6

My gripe with Potter is that....as he stated many times...he knew what was ahead of him. It's pretty naive to suggest that it is all the owners fault. Birch seemingly offered him a package to stay but the man....decides to dump us at the first opportunity. Hard not to think we are just a pawn in his career progression and all the Guardian articles spouting loyalty to his previous side and building a project etc etc...seem to be bullsh@t.

The squad are disappointed they were putting on the panto at the Grand!!
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:54 - May 20 with 1076 viewsmonmouth

Can’t believe all the navel gazing analysis. The truth is frigging obvious. He didn’t expect an offer from the Premier League, he got one, he couldn’t believe his luck, he leapt at it.

But no, it’s because ‘we didn’t back him enough’ or ‘he was lied to’ and otherwise of course he would have stayed. Take the blinkers off for goodness sake.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:59 - May 20 with 1043 viewsDippy

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 18:54 - May 20 by monmouth

Can’t believe all the navel gazing analysis. The truth is frigging obvious. He didn’t expect an offer from the Premier League, he got one, he couldn’t believe his luck, he leapt at it.

But no, it’s because ‘we didn’t back him enough’ or ‘he was lied to’ and otherwise of course he would have stayed. Take the blinkers off for goodness sake.

I think everyone would've made the same decision.. especially after the Americans breaking promises

Poll: Cooper Out

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:01 - May 20 with 1034 viewsCooperman

It's not Potter that we should be having a go at here.

Instead I will take you back to the start of this chain of events and refer you to the people who sold the club to the Americans. And if that's not enough then take a moment to remember how the club was sold.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:03 - May 20 with 1021 viewsLandore_Jack

I disagree. The press were reporting that Potter was happy at Swansea after Brighton came calling. I believe he didn't get the assurances he wanted from the board when it came to recruitment.

#backtojack

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... (n/t) on 19:04 - May 20 with 1016 viewsswan65split

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:01 - May 20 by Cooperman

It's not Potter that we should be having a go at here.

Instead I will take you back to the start of this chain of events and refer you to the people who sold the club to the Americans. And if that's not enough then take a moment to remember how the club was sold.

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:04 - May 20 with 1018 viewsCooperman

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:03 - May 20 by Landore_Jack

I disagree. The press were reporting that Potter was happy at Swansea after Brighton came calling. I believe he didn't get the assurances he wanted from the board when it came to recruitment.

That's probably because assurances could not be made whilst not knowing the futures of Ayew x 2 and Baston.

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:16 - May 20 with 974 viewsPrivate_Partz

So the Yanks do back managers and they don't lie?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:17 - May 20 with 968 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:04 - May 20 by Cooperman

That's probably because assurances could not be made whilst not knowing the futures of Ayew x 2 and Baston.

If we were shot of them our financial situation would be rosy. But he probably still would have gone

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:20 - May 20 with 958 viewsPrivate_Partz

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:04 - May 20 by Cooperman

'Would not' not 'could not'.

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:21 - May 20 with 951 viewsperplex

Judas lol ffs grow up mun the guy will have had a substantial pay rise, a chance to manage in the Prem and knowing he would have no chance of doing that here, he would proberly be trying to keep the club from dropping into the first division, which will certainly not be a foregone conclusion once the team is decimated for owner profit over the coming months.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:23]
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:24 - May 20 with 928 viewsmonmouth

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:16 - May 20 by Private_Partz

So the Yanks do back managers and they don't lie?

No, they lie without a second thought, and they should never have been sold the club, but Potter was gone from the moment Brighton wanted him, whatever the yanks did. That’s football. Dog eat dog, and they are a bigger dog with posher food.

But if someone would like to explain how we could ever compete for Potter with wages, career prospects, failure proofing and transfer funds with a stable club looking at income of 130m in the most publicised league in the world, I’m all ears.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:25 - May 20 with 923 viewsDrGonzo

Even if we were not such a clusterf*ck of a club he'd be bettering himself going to Brighton right now.

No blame laid on Potter whatsoever.
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:27 - May 20 with 910 viewslifelong

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:17 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

If we were shot of them our financial situation would be rosy. But he probably still would have gone

We took a punt on him and he did well, and to reward us for that punt he’s fecked off and left us in the shite.
He knew there would be difficulties because we were a relegated club, all this ‘he wasn’t promised this or he wasn’t assured that’ is all crap... feck him.
Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:37 - May 20 with 854 viewsCooperman

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:17 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Rosy ish.

I agree with your point though. Not many managers would choose to remain at Championship level when there is a Premier League job on offer.

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:39 - May 20 with 846 viewsCooperman

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:20 - May 20 by Private_Partz

'Would not' not 'could not'.

And rightly so whichever way you want to dress it up.

Judas III's news conference at 16.30pm... on 19:45 - May 20 with 801 viewsNeath_Jack

It seems "assurances", is the new safety blanket for those unwilling to accept that Potter is no different to 99% of those people involved in professional sport.

F*ck me, i could understand kids or teenagers saying it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024