Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth 10:48 - May 26 with 8050 views34dfgdf54

Interest from Bournemouth according to Nixon.

<<BOURNEMOUTH. Looking into a move for Conor Roberts at SWANSEA. Down to what would pay and whether lad fancies competing for a game.>>
[Post edited 26 May 2019 10:51]
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:35 - May 26 with 1743 viewsItchySphincter

Not good enough for the Premier League.

Yeah, I said it

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:44 - May 26 with 1705 viewsmagicdaps10

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:35 - May 26 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, I said it

Didnt prevent a certain premier league club buying Sam Clucas for 16m.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:48 - May 26 with 1690 viewsBadlands

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:18 - May 26 by magicdaps10

Think Jordi Govea is being planned to be pushed into the first team during the summer plus Declan John, left back should be sorted.

I would say that the club and Naughten's agent are looking to get out of the club.

The longer we dont appoint a manager the longer we lose time on free agents/bosmans. One thing the club seems to do every year is doddle on something.

Left back and, it seems, he's a bit injury prone.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:58 - May 26 with 1638 viewsLandore_Jack

Yeah, I said it

This.

Connor isn't great defensively.

#backtojack

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:03 - May 26 with 1612 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Yeah, I said it

You’re probably right but there’s plenty of players getting Premier League money from Premier League clubs who aren’t good enough for the Premier League.

We had quite a few ourselves last season and it’s no surprise that other clubs aren’t queuing up to take them (and their wages) off our hands.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:11 - May 26 with 1592 views34dfgdf54

Yeah, I said it

I agree completely itchy.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:54 - May 26 with 1484 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:14 - May 26 by 34dfgdf54

Wouldn’t he be one that would needed to go? Premier League wages.

£2m in wages for one last year of a contract isn't a serious issue if you sell the other guy for £10m+.

Compared to the other PL players Naughton's an asset. We can get 40 games out of him in a range of positions. But I doubt anyone's going to want to buy him while he earns what he does.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:03 - May 26 with 1463 viewsdobjack2

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:54 - May 26 by jasper_T

£2m in wages for one last year of a contract isn't a serious issue if you sell the other guy for £10m+.

Compared to the other PL players Naughton's an asset. We can get 40 games out of him in a range of positions. But I doubt anyone's going to want to buy him while he earns what he does.

As you say - a recurring issue is the contracts that we gave some players which are far better than they could get elsewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:29 - May 26 with 1421 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:03 - May 26 by dobjack2

As you say - a recurring issue is the contracts that we gave some players which are far better than they could get elsewhere.

It's a problem all over football. There are players in this division on £40k a week having never played for a PL club. Some of them don't even play.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:44 - May 26 with 1363 viewsmajorraglan

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:29 - May 26 by jasper_T

It's a problem all over football. There are players in this division on £40k a week having never played for a PL club. Some of them don't even play.

I was reading something on one the other day about Aston Villa’s wage bill, I couldn’t believe the number of players who were on north of £30k per week.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:58 - May 26 with 1306 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It's ok, according to some on here it's only going to get easier to get promoted back to the Premier League. Last season wasn't our best opportunity.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 18:09 - May 26 with 1144 viewsmonmouth

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:44 - May 26 by majorraglan

I was reading something on one the other day about Aston Villa’s wage bill, I couldn’t believe the number of players who were on north of £30k per week.

This is why I want Derby to win tomorrow. Villa might well go pop, and Derby will fail to beat their own lowest points total next year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 18:17 - May 26 with 1122 viewsFlashberryjack

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 10:56 - May 26 by DrGonzo

Would be gutted to lose Connor.

Prepare to be gutted

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 18:21 - May 26 with 1107 viewsNeathJack

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:18 - May 26 by magicdaps10

Think Jordi Govea is being planned to be pushed into the first team during the summer plus Declan John, left back should be sorted.

I would say that the club and Naughten's agent are looking to get out of the club.

The longer we dont appoint a manager the longer we lose time on free agents/bosmans. One thing the club seems to do every year is doddle on something.

Govea is so far away from first team football he may as well still be in Madrid.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 18:24 - May 26 with 1090 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 18:21 - May 26 by NeathJack

Govea is so far away from first team football he may as well still be in Madrid.

Showed some nice touches in the half hour of football he managed this season.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 19:25 - May 26 with 1011 viewsjack247

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:58 - May 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's ok, according to some on here it's only going to get easier to get promoted back to the Premier League. Last season wasn't our best opportunity.

Last season was certainly a better opportunity than the one coming. Serious mismanagement for the last couple of seasons in the PL however, ensured it would have taken a miracle. It’s only going to get worse in the short term.

Had the owners been able to back Potter a little bit, he may have stood half a chance, but they couldn’t afford to, because they were committed to subsiding Andre Ayews wages.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 20:04 - May 26 with 953 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 19:25 - May 26 by jack247

Last season was certainly a better opportunity than the one coming. Serious mismanagement for the last couple of seasons in the PL however, ensured it would have taken a miracle. It’s only going to get worse in the short term.

Had the owners been able to back Potter a little bit, he may have stood half a chance, but they couldn’t afford to, because they were committed to subsiding Andre Ayews wages.

Had we spent more money we didn't have, we may have been finding ourselves in the same position as Bolton next season. What do you expect us to do, rip up Ayew's contract, not pay it and spend the money on someone else?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 20:09 - May 26 with 943 viewsLuther27

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:03 - May 26 by Joe_bradshaw

You’re probably right but there’s plenty of players getting Premier League money from Premier League clubs who aren’t good enough for the Premier League.

We had quite a few ourselves last season and it’s no surprise that other clubs aren’t queuing up to take them (and their wages) off our hands.

I think that includes every player at every club relegated from the Premiership.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 20:32 - May 26 with 904 viewsjack247

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 20:04 - May 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Had we spent more money we didn't have, we may have been finding ourselves in the same position as Bolton next season. What do you expect us to do, rip up Ayew's contract, not pay it and spend the money on someone else?

Not at all. I expected us to do what we did. I expect next season will be similar with a few of our better players being sold and not adequately replaced again.

You keep mentioning that last season was our best chance to go up, which is correct. You’re deliberately avoiding any context though. It would have been incredibly difficult given the financial constraints the club had imposed on itself over the preceding few seasons (last one in particular). Although we had a better chance last season than we will next, we didn’t have as good a chance as 10 or so other clubs. You’re fully aware of that, but it doesn’t suit your agenda.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 20:51 - May 26 with 869 viewsTNT

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 20:32 - May 26 by jack247

Not at all. I expected us to do what we did. I expect next season will be similar with a few of our better players being sold and not adequately replaced again.

You keep mentioning that last season was our best chance to go up, which is correct. You’re deliberately avoiding any context though. It would have been incredibly difficult given the financial constraints the club had imposed on itself over the preceding few seasons (last one in particular). Although we had a better chance last season than we will next, we didn’t have as good a chance as 10 or so other clubs. You’re fully aware of that, but it doesn’t suit your agenda.

If Dwight thinks the first season, after relegation, is the best chance of going back up, why don't more clubs do it? No one has a divine right to anything. Look at both Pompey and Sunderland staying in League One.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 21:43 - May 26 with 810 viewshowenjack

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 18:09 - May 26 by monmouth

This is why I want Derby to win tomorrow. Villa might well go pop, and Derby will fail to beat their own lowest points total next year.

Villa are pinning everything on winning tomorrow . Massive wage bill and no parachute payments -if they don't go up there will be big changes in personnel.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 21:45 - May 26 with 805 views34dfgdf54

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 21:43 - May 26 by howenjack

Villa are pinning everything on winning tomorrow . Massive wage bill and no parachute payments -if they don't go up there will be big changes in personnel.

This is always said though.

Everyone said it about Cardiff but they ended up getting Warnock in to get them back up. Everyone said Derby were f*cked after they lost in play offs last year, same with Villa.. both clubs come back.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 21:47 - May 26 with 796 viewsjasper_T

Villa have been walking a tightrope for a couple of years. Took outside investment last summer to let them have one last roll of the die.

They do have Grealish though, who will command a big fee when the time comes.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 21:49 - May 26 with 788 viewshowenjack

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 21:45 - May 26 by 34dfgdf54

Everyone said it about Cardiff but they ended up getting Warnock in to get them back up. Everyone said Derby were f*cked after they lost in play offs last year, same with Villa.. both clubs come back.

Villa have got an old team though they will definitely be getting rid of a few whether they go up or not.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth (n/t) on 21:50 - May 26 with 787 viewshowenjack

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 21:45 - May 26 by 34dfgdf54

Villa have got an old team though, they will definitely be getting rid of a few whatever happens . Derby are in a much stronger position in that respect
[Post edited 26 May 2019 21:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024