Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers 09:44 - Jun 11 with 8049 viewsdickythorpe

League 2 is

We could be badly exposed next season.

Why are we seriously considering this under 17/academy coach?

"On the cheap" option I feel.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 9:45]
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:25 - Jun 12 with 1100 viewsDevz00

The Garry Monk appointment was bonkers too at the time. Worked for a bit then ultimately failed. At least Cooper is an actual coach.

Bob Bradley was quite experienced…

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:33 - Jun 12 with 1090 viewsvetchonian

Like we did in the premiership with ~Monk?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:34 - Jun 12 with 1086 viewsjackrmee

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 11:12 - Jun 12 by vetchonian

But what has experience as aplayer to do with coaching...look at the ikes of "leaders" as players who failed miserably as coaches/managers....Bryan Robson,Kevin Ratcliffe,Peter Reid all experienced players ath the top level, all with contacts .....Management didnt work out for them.

At least Cooper has some experience in organising teams for matches etc....

Its not all about contacts and playing experience!!!

Exactly! And Cooper has been a coach for yonks.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:36 - Jun 12 with 1085 viewsjackrmee

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 11:26 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

Good point. Cooper has shown that his teams are well organized and they know what they are doing.

If he has the ability to organize people, why shouldn't it translate to adult teams. A lot of it has to do with his training methods and his principles. If the players see that he knows what he's doing, if it is similar to the way they have been training, it could work out well.

Also exactly! If he can get kids to understand his methods and play decent stuff, surely adults will find it a piece of piss.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:37 - Jun 12 with 1082 viewsjackrmee

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 13:03 - Jun 12 by Devz00

I’m not convinced of the logic here. Lampard is far less qualified for a manager’s job than Cooper. Cooper has actually won a world cup by managing a national side, albeit at under 17s.
Lampard has done well in his role, it was still a huge gamble by Derby but it’s the sort of move that we would normally do. I would far rather take a risk here than appoint a nothing manager who’s just bobbed about in the lower leagues like Appleton.

It’s not as if we are plucking a random bloke from the pub. He is a proper coach who has worked his way up to Liverpool academy and now England and is held in high regard.

It might go spectacularly wrong but it could also go wrong with any manager.

Also also exactly! He's been hand picked by the FA to give speeches and seminars about tactics and basically teach the people doing their coaching badges ffs. Some people think he knows a thing or two.

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:42 - Jun 12 with 1062 viewsSwanseaman

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:36 - Jun 12 by jackrmee

Also exactly! If he can get kids to understand his methods and play decent stuff, surely adults will find it a piece of piss.

Too right, also our players have been training to similar methods, so could pick it up easier again.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:44 - Jun 12 with 1052 viewsBadlands

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:36 - Jun 12 by jackrmee

Seriously!
Coaching schoolboys needs a very special set of skills that are not always ('d say rarely) transferable to adults, especially ones who have played at the highest level).
Hope it works but I'm to be convinced.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:46 - Jun 12 with 1041 viewsjackrmee

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:44 - Jun 12 by Badlands

Seriously!
Coaching schoolboys needs a very special set of skills that are not always ('d say rarely) transferable to adults, especially ones who have played at the highest level).

But you're talking as if Cooper ONLY has that one set of skills that will only work with youngsters

Login to get fewer ads

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:51 - Jun 12 with 1035 viewsSwanseaman

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:44 - Jun 12 by Badlands

Seriously!

I think it's the older adults of 27+ where they may have developed set ideas and think they know better, where it would be more difficult.

We have quite a young squad and hopefully will add more youngsters this season, so it may be a good fit - although nothing is for certain how well a new manager will ever do.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:52 - Jun 12 with 1029 viewsnewcomer

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 08:54 - Jun 12 by vetchonian

Derby obviously didnt think so when appointing thier new manager this time last year!

A person with zero managerial/coaching experience...let me think who was the experienced manager they appointed that led them to the play off?

Oh yes Frank Lampard zero coaching or managerial experience before his appointment

Not sure why Lampard is getting so much attention . In season 2017-18 Derby finished with 75 points , last season ( with Lampard in charge ) it was 74 . So no real progress ?
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 15:04 - Jun 12 with 998 viewsSwanseaman

Seriously!

Also, I've heard that Cooper's training sessions are very good. I can't see there would be much difference with training a youngster or an older player, the older more experienced player should pick it up easier.

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 15:28 - Jun 12 with 951 viewsthornabyswan

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 20:48 - Jun 11 by dickythorpe

We are worse off this time this year than this time last year, trust me!!!!

You thought Potter was a very limited our 20 goal striker is not good enough.
Now this guy is not good enough.

Not even a ball kicked in anger yet.

But you would rather go with the Newport manager.

Glad you are not on the panel with Curtis and Leon.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 17:13 - Jun 12 with 899 viewsjasper_T

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 14:37 - Jun 12 by jackrmee

Also also exactly! He's been hand picked by the FA to give speeches and seminars about tactics and basically teach the people doing their coaching badges ffs. Some people think he knows a thing or two.

Loads of managers do that. They drag in whoever they can, working or not. Monk was doing it a year into his management career.
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:03 - Jun 12 with 865 views34dfgdf54

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 17:13 - Jun 12 by jasper_T

Loads of managers do that. They drag in whoever they can, working or not. Monk was doing it a year into his management career.

Yeah, and Leon Britton was one of those he was tutoring, hence my point in the last thread.
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:44 - Jun 12 with 825 viewsdickythorpe

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 15:28 - Jun 12 by thornabyswan

You thought Potter was a very limited our 20 goal striker is not good enough.
Now this guy is not good enough.

Not even a ball kicked in anger yet.

But you would rather go with the Newport manager.

Glad you are not on the panel with Curtis and Leon.

I bet your cupboards are full of magic beans.

Seriously we are being fecked over now by yanks.
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:47 - Jun 12 with 819 viewsTreforys_Jack

It's always easier to be negative and moan.
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:56 - Jun 12 with 810 viewsdickythorpe

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:47 - Jun 12 by Treforys_Jack

It's always easier to be negative and moan.

What are the positives then?

Where are the brave hard men who wanted demos and marches now?

WAKE UP
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 20:26 - Jun 12 with 770 viewsthornabyswan

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:56 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

WAKE UP

The season only finished a few weeks ago.

All that has happened is we lost our manager totally unavoidable as we can't compete with the riches of the PL.
Now we have lost James to Man Utd for close to 20 million quid.
Good business for a player with 1 year left on his contract.

We are in the process of finding a new manager and trying to get the club back on an even keel financially.

At least give the poor bastard a chance before slagging him off its getting boring and that's being polite.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 20:34]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 20:27 - Jun 12 with 764 viewsdickythorpe

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 20:26 - Jun 12 by thornabyswan

The season only finished a few weeks ago.

All that has happened is we lost our manager totally unavoidable as we can't compete with the riches of the PL.
Now we have lost James to Man Utd for close to 20 million quid.
Good business for a player with 1 year left on his contract.

We are in the process of finding a new manager and trying to get the club back on an even keel financially.

At least give the poor bastard a chance before slagging him off its getting boring and that's being polite.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 20:34]

I couldn't care less if you find my posts boring.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 20:28]
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 20:56 - Jun 12 with 730 viewsdobjack2

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:44 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

I bet your cupboards are full of magic beans.

Seriously we are being fecked over now by yanks.

The yanks are shite owners because they do not appear to be interested in the club.

They probably have a warehouse full of magic beans from the share sale.

Everything follows on from the share sale.
The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 21:03 - Jun 12 with 722 viewsSwanseaman

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 20:56 - Jun 12 by dobjack2

The yanks are shite owners because they do not appear to be interested in the club.

They probably have a warehouse full of magic beans from the share sale.

Everything follows on from the share sale.

All the signs are that once Birch has sorted the finances out and got us back on track, the Yanks will be selling on.

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 21:26 - Jun 12 with 701 viewslonglostjack

Some of the best young managers in Germany came directly from coaching youth or reserve teams. Nagelsmann and Kohfeld for example. Give the man a chance. It might work.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 21:27]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 22:05 - Jun 12 with 665 viewsSwanseaman

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 21:26 - Jun 12 by longlostjack

Some of the best young managers in Germany came directly from coaching youth or reserve teams. Nagelsmann and Kohfeld for example. Give the man a chance. It might work.

That's good to know

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 22:14 - Jun 12 with 647 viewsGlyn1

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 21:26 - Jun 12 by longlostjack

Which one of those coached only youth teams?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 22:15]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 22:49 - Jun 12 with 605 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Championship is not a learning ground for untried managers on 18:56 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

WAKE UP

Positives - Extremely motivated, bang up to date with modern tactics and analysis, used to being successful, obviously a good communicator,, plays a percentage, possession based style and will hopefully drop Kristoffer.
I have no idea if he'll be a success but if he's appointed then at least I'll give him a chance before writing him off. It's not being a happy clapper its being positive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024