Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Flynn? 09:50 - Jun 12 with 4605 viewsjacktar

Nation Radio reporting this morning that despite the reports naming Steve Cooper, Mike Flynn is still in the reckoning. I thought things were done and dusted but maybe not so.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Mike Flynn? on 09:54 - Jun 12 with 3877 viewsdickythorpe

Let's hope there's truth in this.
Mike Flynn? on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 3764 viewsandypitt56

Mike Flynn? on 09:54 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

You would rather Flynn? Who has no history of playing passing football, than a coach who has a history of playing attacking possession football.. Newport play very direct. Are you okay mate?
Mike Flynn? on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 3763 viewsThornburyswan

He's 33s on Skybet so if you fancy Nation Radio know their onions lump on!
Mike Flynn? on 10:18 - Jun 12 with 3728 views34dfgdf54

Are you serious?
Mike Flynn? on 10:19 - Jun 12 with 3726 viewsjack247

At least everyone who wants a bit of experience and doesn’t care about playing style would be happy. We could play like Newport. The excitement would be unbearable.
Mike Flynn? on 10:28 - Jun 12 with 3673 viewssainthelens

Stop it now Dicky.
Mike Flynn? on 10:31 - Jun 12 with 3661 viewsVincent_Vega

I just don't understand after Birch saying that the club were awash with high quality applicants that this is the shortlist?! Hardly inspiring.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Mike Flynn? on 10:31 - Jun 12 with 3660 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Let’s hope there’s no truth in this.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Mike Flynn? on 10:37 - Jun 12 with 3620 viewsbuilthjack

Mike Flynn? on 10:31 - Jun 12 by Vincent_Vega

I just don't understand after Birch saying that the club were awash with high quality applicants that this is the shortlist?! Hardly inspiring.

How truthful is Birch?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mike Flynn? on 10:39 - Jun 12 with 3604 viewsjack247

Nation Radio have probably picked this up from someone’s spoof Twitter account. Not concerned for the moment
Mike Flynn? on 10:53 - Jun 12 with 3536 viewsVincent_Vega

Mike Flynn? on 10:37 - Jun 12 by builthjack

How truthful is Birch?

Yeah I'm not convinced by him. His appointment and statements were met by collective self pleasuring by Swans fans on twitter and all this Leon and Curt being put on the board seems like the board is trying to butter up the fan base.

Question is why would they do that. Something fishy is going on.

Just a feeling and I hope I'm very wrong and will gladly eat humble pie if so.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Mike Flynn? on 11:17 - Jun 12 with 3428 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Lets not!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Mike Flynn? on 11:20 - Jun 12 with 3405 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Exactly awash with quality

It's like a 2nd division clubs list of candidates whats the matter with them!
Mike Flynn? on 11:23 - Jun 12 with 3376 viewsSTID2017

Have you actually ever watched Newport play ?
They play with two wingers and a traditional centre forward with a support player in the number 10 role.
Fast and exciting (at their level of course) describes them better than "direct"
** meant as a reply to Jacktar's comment
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 11:25]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Mike Flynn? on 11:30 - Jun 12 with 3347 viewsjack247

Mike Flynn? on 11:23 - Jun 12 by STID2017

They play with two wingers and a traditional centre forward with a support player in the number 10 role.
Fast and exciting (at their level of course) describes them better than "direct"

Only in the fa cup and the playoff final. Every game I’ve seen has been a drudge fest. Get it out wide and cross it in for the big man, let them know you’re there every tackle kind of stuff.

It can be fun to watch when they are bullying higher level opposition and the crowd are baying for blood. It would be awful in front of a half full, disengaged Liberty.
Mike Flynn? on 13:02 - Jun 12 with 3022 viewspencoedjack

Mike Flynn? on 11:23 - Jun 12 by STID2017

We could play Dyer & Routs as ‘speedy wingers ‘

Flynn would do a decent job at Stoke Boro or the Basseys

Big NO from me
Mike Flynn? on 13:30 - Jun 12 with 2908 viewssainthelens

Mike Flynn? on 11:30 - Jun 12 by jack247

Only in the fa cup and the playoff final. Every game I’ve seen has been a drudge fest. Get it out wide and cross it in for the big man, let them know you’re there every tackle kind of stuff.

It can be fun to watch when they are bullying higher level opposition and the crowd are baying for blood. It would be awful in front of a half full, disengaged Liberty.

Choosing between Flynn or Cooper would be like choosing to eat nothing but Reaper chilli for a month or lancing your own haemoriods with a scalpel .
Mike Flynn? on 14:09 - Jun 12 with 2737 viewsSgorioFruit

Mike Flynn? on 11:30 - Jun 12 by jack247

I would much rather this than watching our back 4 passing back to our sack of shit keeper

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Mike Flynn? on 14:26 - Jun 12 with 2691 viewsjack247

Mike Flynn? on 14:09 - Jun 12 by SgorioFruit

I would much rather this than watching our back 4 passing back to our sack of shit keeper

Are you suggesting you’d rather play like Newport than the way we did last season?
Mike Flynn? on 14:34 - Jun 12 with 2655 viewsandypitt56

Mike Flynn? on 14:26 - Jun 12 by jack247

Are you suggesting you’d rather play like Newport than the way we did last season?

I hope not!!
Mike Flynn? on 14:47 - Jun 12 with 2605 viewsjackrmee

100% would prefer Cooper

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Mike Flynn? on 14:54 - Jun 12 with 2586 viewsicecoldjack

Birch is clearly caught out on his first lie .

Championship is a gateway to prem league millions, even if not getting the team promoted as potter will testify, I’d have thought there was a higher standard of applicants TBH.
Mike Flynn? on 14:58 - Jun 12 with 2568 viewsbuilthjack

Mike Flynn? on 14:54 - Jun 12 by icecoldjack

Birch is clearly caught out on his first lie .

Championship is a gateway to prem league millions, even if not getting the team promoted as potter will testify, I’d have thought there was a higher standard of applicants TBH.

But he want some to pay them tuppence

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mike Flynn? on 15:06 - Jun 12 with 2538 viewsicecoldjack

Mike Flynn? on 14:58 - Jun 12 by builthjack

But he want some to pay them tuppence

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Get millions in compo for potter and spend fook all on his replacement, the next level in a nut shell !
Mike Flynn? on 23:33 - Jun 12 with 1993 viewsmajorraglan

Let’s give credit where to due, Flynn has done a fantastic job with Newport County and he may well be able good enough to manage at a higher level, with or without Newport.
I can’t profess to say I know a great deal about their playing style and can only go from what I see on TV, but Newport play a different game to Swansea which is where it could become unstuck. If a team plays in a certain way, then unless the new manager is someone who plays that way and can build upon what he’s got, then it could become very expensive dismantling a team in order to replace the departing players with individuals who will play the new managers way. The key to Swansea’s previous success has been as a result of developing a style of play, which subsequent managers have then built upon - no need for wholesale changes, that’s what’s needed now.
The playing ethos needs to run through the club like a golden thread, players will know what they need to do to become successful and stepping up should be a much smaller step.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024