Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie gone... 16:18 - Jul 30 with 26781 viewsThrasher6

On twitter

https://twitter.com/SportingLifeFC
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:20]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

McBurnie gone... on 09:28 - Jul 31 with 1824 viewsBobblehat

McBurnie gone... on 08:44 - Jul 31 by jackrmee

People have short memories and once a player leaves it's "fuk em". Poor outlook imo

Don't hate him just seen him as a average player for us he always give 100% but i call players like leon Britton,bony 1st season, michu as excellent players.

Grant holt scored 15 goals for Norwich the same season Danny Graham scored 12 i wouldn't call grant holt an excellent player either he was bang average.

As for oli he deserves a proper crack at the premier league weather he's good enough or gets enough game time only time will tell
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 9:29]
McBurnie gone... on 09:36 - Jul 31 with 1686 viewssainthelens

And the rape of our club continues. When will people wise and realise we are fckd with this lot. I continue to read the optimism of some thinking we are in ok shape. And only last week Pearlmans leaving shot was the owners are aiming for the PL. Really had enough of being constantly mugged off by these cvnts.
McBurnie gone... on 09:40 - Jul 31 with 1634 viewsAlfieMooresSon

McBurnie gone... on 09:36 - Jul 31 by sainthelens

And the rape of our club continues. When will people wise and realise we are fckd with this lot. I continue to read the optimism of some thinking we are in ok shape. And only last week Pearlmans leaving shot was the owners are aiming for the PL. Really had enough of being constantly mugged off by these cvnts.

I was feeling the same yesterday, I've calmed down a bit, we'll have to have most of that money we have lost two brilliant players at this level, and they won't be easy to replace!
McBurnie gone... on 09:42 - Jul 31 with 1593 viewsGaz_M

Disgusting post.
McBurnie gone... on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 1545 viewsJango

No championship club turns down that money for a player mun. It’s the whole point in a club our side having an academy.
McBurnie gone... on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 1539 viewssainthelens

McBurnie gone... on 09:42 - Jul 31 by Gaz_M

Disgusting post.

And you are one of many brainwashed by them.
McBurnie gone... on 09:46 - Jul 31 with 1530 viewsLandore_Jack

Blades have offer accepted for Swansea City striker Oli McBurnie

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/latest-blades-news/she

#backtojack

McBurnie gone... on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 1503 views3swan

I don't think (well I know) I won't be able to trust the owners due to their past record but I think under any owners and financial position then James to Man I was a no brainer and now McBurnie to Premier can be understood. We still need the higher paid players off our books and then see if we as a club kick on
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 9:49]
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie gone... on 09:48 - Jul 31 with 1499 viewsHeadmaster

Baker-Richardson is injured so we'll only have one striker available for Hull if McBurnie leaves before then. Three days to go until the season starts. Scandalous again.
McBurnie gone... on 09:48 - Jul 31 with 1491 viewsBobblehat

If rumours are true and we've agreed a fee for this swedish winger if we can get another centre forward in then it may not be as bad as it 1st looked

Our fans need to chill out if nobody comes in by the end of the window then criticise
McBurnie gone... on 09:50 - Jul 31 with 1467 viewssainthelens

McBurnie gone... on 09:45 - Jul 31 by Jango

No championship club turns down that money for a player mun. It’s the whole point in a club our side having an academy.

We've now accumulated around 30m in transfer income in a matter of a few weeks, I'll calm down when I can see the investment.
McBurnie gone... on 09:51 - Jul 31 with 1461 viewsVincent_Vega

Felt similar with Fernandez going last season. saw the Sheff Utd game with him and VDH and thought 'that's a CB partnership that will shine in this division' then just like that he was sold!

Now I accepted that one as Fernandez was on PL wages but now 12 months on here we go again. Oli and Baston could be a great partnership at this level if pre season is anything to go by but no. The board see fit to quash that optimism straight away before a ball is kicked in anger.

So correct me if I'm wrong but we're going into the season with our best player and top scorer sold with no replacements, great....

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

McBurnie gone... on 09:51 - Jul 31 with 1449 viewsTenbySwan

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/11773944/oli-mcburnie-sheffield-un

Gone, but just £17 million ?

I thought we'd turned down 18m?

It would be good to keep Baston now perhaps?
McBurnie gone... on 09:57 - Jul 31 with 1368 viewsGaz_M

McBurnie gone... on 09:48 - Jul 31 by Headmaster

Baker-Richardson is injured so we'll only have one striker available for Hull if McBurnie leaves before then. Three days to go until the season starts. Scandalous again.

Baker-Richardson is not our second choice striker.

How many times has this got to be said
McBurnie gone... on 09:59 - Jul 31 with 1357 viewsBryanSwan

You cannot be serious, yes if this was a fire sale i would agree. But 20m and 15m respectively are big prices for McBurnie and D.James.
No championship clubs are turning down that kind of cash for their players.
And why should people not be optimistic, we have a decent side, some decent players.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

McBurnie gone... on 10:01 - Jul 31 with 1326 viewsBobblehat

McBurnie gone... on 09:57 - Jul 31 by Gaz_M

At the moment hes our only striker😂😂

Jokes aside people don't know if scott has gone to birch and said take the money for oli and i can get some gems to replace him🤷‍♂️
McBurnie gone... on 10:01 - Jul 31 with 1325 viewsJacket

McBurnie gone... on 09:51 - Jul 31 by TenbySwan

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/11773944/oli-mcburnie-sheffield-un

Gone, but just £17 million ?

I thought we'd turned down 18m?

It would be good to keep Baston now perhaps?

Good God, takes their summer spend £40m! Add to that the hefty wedges they must be shelling out on Jagielka and Ravel Morrison, they are playing a very high risk strategy. If they go straight down, as I expected them to, I predict financial ruin for them! Don't know who owns them, but if they don't have the pockets of Mike Ashley or the Fulham guy they will probably be in League 1 by 21/22!
McBurnie gone... on 10:02 - Jul 31 with 1310 viewsAngelRangelQS

"Rape of our club"

£17m means that he'll be in our top 5 (or so) transfer fees ever received and we are in the Championship.

Half the posters on here spent most of last season slagging McBurnie off.

That kind of money is too good to turn down. Hopefully we can spend a few million of it on new players and use the rest to address any financial hangover.
McBurnie gone... on 10:02 - Jul 31 with 1309 viewssainthelens

McBurnie gone... on 09:59 - Jul 31 by BryanSwan

You cannot be serious, yes if this was a fire sale i would agree. But 20m and 15m respectively are big prices for McBurnie and D.James.
No championship clubs are turning down that kind of cash for their players.
And why should people not be optimistic, we have a decent side, some decent players.

Optimism is fine when not misplaced. The point is how can the owners talk about promotion when we are selling the best players and replaced with basically nothing. Not brain surgery is it really.
McBurnie gone... on 10:04 - Jul 31 with 1279 viewsNotLoyal

McBurnie gone... on 10:02 - Jul 31 by AngelRangelQS

"Rape of our club"

£17m means that he'll be in our top 5 (or so) transfer fees ever received and we are in the Championship.

Half the posters on here spent most of last season slagging McBurnie off.

That kind of money is too good to turn down. Hopefully we can spend a few million of it on new players and use the rest to address any financial hangover.

I agree feeds players but I see no proof of any financial hangover.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

McBurnie gone... on 10:04 - Jul 31 with 1274 viewsHeadmaster

McBurnie gone... on 09:57 - Jul 31 by Gaz_M

What the f*ck are you talking about now? We have three strikers at present: McBurnie, Borja, and Baker-Richardson. One is injured, one is on the verge of leaving, and one is on extortionate wages. It's not f*cking rocket science.
McBurnie gone... on 10:05 - Jul 31 with 1266 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie gone... on 10:02 - Jul 31 by sainthelens

Optimism is fine when not misplaced. The point is how can the owners talk about promotion when we are selling the best players and replaced with basically nothing. Not brain surgery is it really.

McBurnie hasn't even been sold yet, let alone replaced with "basically nothing".

So far, we've lost CCV (replaced with Wilmot) and James (replaced with Peterson by the looks of things).
McBurnie gone... on 10:06 - Jul 31 with 1236 viewsNotLoyal

McBurnie gone... on 10:04 - Jul 31 by Headmaster

What the f*ck are you talking about now? We have three strikers at present: McBurnie, Borja, and Baker-Richardson. One is injured, one is on the verge of leaving, and one is on extortionate wages. It's not f*cking rocket science.

Theres only so much you can say in any language before the priority has to be your own sanity mate.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

McBurnie gone... on 10:07 - Jul 31 with 1228 viewsQJumpingJack

Sky Sports News are running the story that the deal has been agreed. 17m
McBurnie gone... on 10:09 - Jul 31 with 1197 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie gone... on 10:04 - Jul 31 by NotLoyal

I agree feeds players but I see no proof of any financial hangover.

Well no but unless you forensically examine the accounts, you aren't going to.

We were spending over 80% of our income on wages when in the PL. It doesn't take much of a stretch to believe that we've had some financial issues when that suddenly dropped so significantly. We still have a number of players on PL wages on the books this season and some who will be here next season if they're not shifted.

Anyone who thinks the financial situation is completely fine is just being blind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024