Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Surridge 16:34 - Aug 5 with 25707 viewsmarchamjack

Striker on loan from Bournemouth we’re now linked with too I see, this time by Stuart James journo, so a decent source close to the Swans

Never heard of Surridge

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Sam Surridge on 17:11 - Aug 6 with 2850 viewsDr_Winston

Sam Surridge on 17:04 - Aug 6 by AngelRangelQS

Although to be fair, the only high earner we have shifted to date is Ayew - The rest were out of contract.

In terms of in comings, it'll remain to be seen but we've in essence signed a bog standard left back to compete with Declan John, a quick winger with a poor record of assists and goals, a couple of kids from mid table Premier League sides and that Swedish winger who does, on paper at least, look a good prospect.

It's all okay business but so far we are definitely significantly weaker than we were last season, particularly if VDH goes and particularly in terms of permanent players.

They're still gone though aren't they?

Think back to last season and how many people were howling about our business and how certain relegation was. This time last year James and McBurnie were unproven and many people would happily have seen the back of Grimes. All three had big seasons. No knowing whether others will step up or if you're right.

The only way we'll know if we're weaker is by playing games.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sam Surridge on 17:32 - Aug 6 with 2709 viewsHeadmaster

Although to be fair, the only high earner we have shifted to date is Ayew - The rest were out of contract.

In terms of in comings, it'll remain to be seen but we've in essence signed a bog standard left back to compete with Declan John, a quick winger with a poor record of assists and goals, a couple of kids from mid table Premier League sides and that Swedish winger who does, on paper at least, look a good prospect.

It's all okay business but so far we are definitely significantly weaker than we were last season, particularly if VDH goes and particularly in terms of permanent players.

Not allowed to state the truth on here, the mob don't like it.

I feel we'll miss the impact that McBurnie and James had. Peterson does look a decent prospect though. Just got to trust Cooper.
Sam Surridge on 17:34 - Aug 6 with 2676 viewsGaz_M

Sam Surridge on 17:32 - Aug 6 by Headmaster

Not allowed to state the truth on here, the mob don't like it.

I feel we'll miss the impact that McBurnie and James had. Peterson does look a decent prospect though. Just got to trust Cooper.

Aye that's it mun. It's the mob. Nothing to do with you!!!
Sam Surridge on 17:44 - Aug 6 with 2620 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sam Surridge on 17:11 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

Think back to last season and how many people were howling about our business and how certain relegation was. This time last year James and McBurnie were unproven and many people would happily have seen the back of Grimes. All three had big seasons. No knowing whether others will step up or if you're right.

Yeah they're gone and that's good but it's not through anything we've done so I don't think anyone can take any credit for that.

Ayew, Montero, Carroll, all still here, as is Borja who has suddenly gone from "must get rid of" to "must keep" in a fortnight for some reason... personally I still think the right thing to do is to move him on within the next few weeks. The fact that those players are still here has to be seen as a bit of a failure, given that was clearly objective number one (albeit we still have a few weeks to sort this out) heading into the summer.

James and McBurnie were highly rated, if unproven. McBurnie had scored goals at this level for Barnsley and I would say most were hopeful of him doing well last year. I don't think anyone expected James to be anywhere near as good as he was. Grimes was a great surprise, as was Rodon.

Can't say I'm particularly excited (in terms of "up out of your seat") by either the coming season or any of the new signings. I do accept that we probably still a season or so away from coming out of the Premier League hangover though so maybe it's the way it needs to be for now.
Sam Surridge on 17:44 - Aug 6 with 2616 viewsTreforys_Jack

The truth is, we have no idea if we're weaker or stronger than this time last year. DJ didn't come good until at least December.
Sam Surridge on 17:47 - Aug 6 with 2582 views34dfgdf54

Sam Surridge on 17:44 - Aug 6 by AngelRangelQS

Yeah they're gone and that's good but it's not through anything we've done so I don't think anyone can take any credit for that.

Ayew, Montero, Carroll, all still here, as is Borja who has suddenly gone from "must get rid of" to "must keep" in a fortnight for some reason... personally I still think the right thing to do is to move him on within the next few weeks. The fact that those players are still here has to be seen as a bit of a failure, given that was clearly objective number one (albeit we still have a few weeks to sort this out) heading into the summer.

James and McBurnie were highly rated, if unproven. McBurnie had scored goals at this level for Barnsley and I would say most were hopeful of him doing well last year. I don't think anyone expected James to be anywhere near as good as he was. Grimes was a great surprise, as was Rodon.

Can't say I'm particularly excited (in terms of "up out of your seat") by either the coming season or any of the new signings. I do accept that we probably still a season or so away from coming out of the Premier League hangover though so maybe it's the way it needs to be for now.

Great post.

Agree with it all apart from Baston, I think it would be horrendous to lose him now, especially with the names we have linked which would end up being a replacement, Wells etc.
Sam Surridge on 17:52 - Aug 6 with 2554 viewsHeadmaster

Sam Surridge on 17:34 - Aug 6 by Gaz_M

Aye that's it mun. It's the mob. Nothing to do with you!!!

I stated a fact. You threw a hissy fit over it. You going to down arrow me now, kid?
Sam Surridge on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 2534 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sam Surridge on 17:47 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Great post.

Agree with it all apart from Baston, I think it would be horrendous to lose him now, especially with the names we have linked which would end up being a replacement, Wells etc.

I can see your point regarding Baston. I suppose my issue is that he's out of contract in a year, on big wages and has struggled for the last few seasons.

Personally speaking, I'd prefer us to cut our losses on him and bring someone in *like* Wells who has a proven record of scoring at that level (45 in 144 for Huddersfield, albeit didn't do that well at QPR last season) and who will stay here beyond next summer.

I can see the counter point though.
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Surridge on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 2367 viewsSmellyplumz

A better transfer window than I was expecting.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Sam Surridge on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 2282 viewsNotLoyal

Sam Surridge on 17:04 - Aug 6 by Al_Bundy

Local Bournemouth fans not happy with his loan to us. Many rate him and want him in their prem squad.

Good news. Finger crossed.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sam Surridge on 19:37 - Aug 6 with 2193 viewsGaz_M

Sam Surridge on 17:52 - Aug 6 by Headmaster

I stated a fact. You threw a hissy fit over it. You going to down arrow me now, kid?

Good to see you smiling.
Sam Surridge on 19:38 - Aug 6 with 2186 viewsLeonWasGod

Sam Surridge on 17:11 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

It’s difficult to argue we’re not weaker when Oli, Dan and Fer have gone. I understand what you’re saying, but those 3 (less so Fer because if injury) were head and shoulders above those we’re left with.
Sam Surridge on 19:44 - Aug 6 with 2150 viewsGaz_M

Sam Surridge on 19:38 - Aug 6 by LeonWasGod

It’s difficult to argue we’re not weaker when Oli, Dan and Fer have gone. I understand what you’re saying, but those 3 (less so Fer because if injury) were head and shoulders above those we’re left with.

Compare the start of this season to the start of last.
Sam Surridge on 20:17 - Aug 6 with 2056 viewsjasper_T

Sam Surridge on 19:38 - Aug 6 by LeonWasGod

Head and shoulders above our player of the year?
Sam Surridge on 20:19 - Aug 6 with 2044 viewsFireboy2

Well i for one disagree, i think we are stronger than this time last season.

We dont have as much uncertainty with the 'debt', we have less dead wood and we have quite a few young players who have had a season of the championship under their belt with a few new signings with dare i say it ,potential, oh yes on paper we also have another decent manager.

As i say its looking quite positive imo, onwards and upwards.
Sam Surridge on 20:27 - Aug 6 with 1991 viewsFlashberryjack

Sam Surridge on 18:48 - Aug 6 by Smellyplumz

A better transfer window than I was expecting.

What sort of a transfer window was you expecting ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sam Surridge on 20:37 - Aug 6 with 1945 viewsSwansea93

Sam Surridge on 20:27 - Aug 6 by Flashberryjack

What sort of a transfer window was you expecting ?

Not one with 6 incomings that's for sure

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Sam Surridge on 20:57 - Aug 6 with 1848 viewskarnataka

"Borja who has suddenly gone from "must get rid of" to "must keep" in a fortnight for some reason... "

For some reason? Do you think the sale of our 20+ striker is not reason enough then ffs?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 23:19]
Sam Surridge on 20:58 - Aug 6 with 1845 viewsSlugster664

With ref to Ayew, Montero and Carroll, if they're with us, we're obviously paying their wages so why not get them in the team? Providing they're performing better than the other players at our disposal...

STID

Sam Surridge on 21:08 - Aug 6 with 1787 viewsFlashberryjack

Sam Surridge on 20:37 - Aug 6 by Swansea93

Not one with 6 incomings that's for sure

So you expected us to sell/off load many players and not replace them with loan players.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sam Surridge on 21:10 - Aug 6 with 1769 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sam Surridge on 20:57 - Aug 6 by karnataka

"Borja who has suddenly gone from "must get rid of" to "must keep" in a fortnight for some reason... "

For some reason? Do you think the sale of our 20+ striker is not reason enough then ffs?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 23:19]

OMB was always going to go. He’s scored 30 odd goals at this level in less than 18 months.

Either Borja is wanted or he isn’t. We can either afford his wages or we can’t. OMB leaving is totally irrelevant. If OMB was being sold then a proper replacement should have been lined up and signed... A month ago, according to most fans, BB was one of our worst ever signings, a drain on wages and didn’t even travel with the team on tour... and now he’s some sort of main stay that we simply can’t afford to sell?

We are either going to be left with BB all season on big wages being a total dud or he’s going to be great and walk away for nothing in the summer... not an ideal scenario whichever way you look at it.
Sam Surridge on 21:13 - Aug 6 with 1748 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sam Surridge on 20:58 - Aug 6 by Slugster664

With ref to Ayew, Montero and Carroll, if they're with us, we're obviously paying their wages so why not get them in the team? Providing they're performing better than the other players at our disposal...

I suppose it depends on whether Cooper fancies them in and around the squad and what sort of appearance fee/contract triggers they have (if any) but in theory absolutely agree... if we are paying them we may as well use them.

It still doesn’t change the fact that heading into the summer, getting rid of them was a top priority and to date they’re still here
Sam Surridge on 21:14 - Aug 6 with 1741 viewsGaz_M

Sam Surridge on 21:10 - Aug 6 by AngelRangelQS

OMB was always going to go. He’s scored 30 odd goals at this level in less than 18 months.

Either Borja is wanted or he isn’t. We can either afford his wages or we can’t. OMB leaving is totally irrelevant. If OMB was being sold then a proper replacement should have been lined up and signed... A month ago, according to most fans, BB was one of our worst ever signings, a drain on wages and didn’t even travel with the team on tour... and now he’s some sort of main stay that we simply can’t afford to sell?

We are either going to be left with BB all season on big wages being a total dud or he’s going to be great and walk away for nothing in the summer... not an ideal scenario whichever way you look at it.

Errrrrr

If he's fantastic, we get promoted, and he fvcks off for free.... I'd take that.
Sam Surridge on 21:19 - Aug 6 with 1714 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sam Surridge on 21:14 - Aug 6 by Gaz_M

Errrrrr

If he's fantastic, we get promoted, and he fvcks off for free.... I'd take that.

Errrrr

McBurnie was fantastic last season and we didn’t get promoted.
Sam Surridge on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 1620 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sam Surridge on 21:19 - Aug 6 by AngelRangelQS

Errrrr

McBurnie was fantastic last season and we didn’t get promoted.

So best give him away because we won’t go up , we didn’t last season???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024