Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 54207 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:39 - Dec 5 with 1912 viewsbennytheblue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:04 - Dec 5 by Garyjack

There's one simple thing in all of this that cannot be denied. All clubs have a governing body. For Cardiff City it's the Welsh FA. Now Emiliano Sala was registered with the Welsh FA as a Cardiff City player by Cardiff City.
It makes no difference whether he was cleared to play in the Premier league, or if Cardiff didn't approve of his flight plans or if his fvckin babysitting arrangements weren't fully in place. Emiliano Sala was a Cardiff City player.

Of course...pay up ffs...what the delay
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 02:02 - Dec 6 with 1858 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:47 - Dec 5 by Vincent_Vega

Date set for the C.A.S.

By then the second payment will be overdue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49904028

As I understand it, once CAS reveal their verdict in June 2020 at the earliest, Nantes must then provide their bank details to Cardiff. Once that happens, Cardiff have a 45 day deadline to pay the first installment. Since as you say the second installment will be overdue by then, I'm not sure, but they may have to pay the second by that 45 day deadline as well. So the absolute earliest date Cardiff may have to pay is July 16th.

My over the top exaggeration that I thought the deadline would be Nov 2020 is looking realistic now...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 2:04]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:13 - Dec 6 with 1798 viewsbennytheblue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:59 - Dec 5 by sherpajacob

Says the man who said "let FIFA decide"

The most corrupt organisation in the world right? I give you Russia 2018 and Qatar world cups😂
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:20 - Dec 6 with 1769 viewsJackSomething

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:13 - Dec 6 by bennytheblue

The most corrupt organisation in the world right? I give you Russia 2018 and Qatar world cups😂

No argument there, but it was Bluey who said 'let FIFA decide', then moved to 'let CAS decide' once FIFA didn't give the decision he wanted.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:30 - Dec 6 with 1714 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:20 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

No argument there, but it was Bluey who said 'let FIFA decide', then moved to 'let CAS decide' once FIFA didn't give the decision he wanted.

No, it was because I forgot about CAS being the final stage of the process, nothing else.

CAS ruled against FIFA today over Chelsea, btw.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:48 - Dec 6 with 1705 viewsvetchonian

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:30 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

No, it was because I forgot about CAS being the final stage of the process, nothing else.

Well thats not strictly true....the CAS have reduced the penalty by half as below

Cas found that the Blues "did violate" rules "related to the international transfer of minors" and "to the first registration of minors" but "for a significantly smaller number of players" amounting to "about a third of the violations found by Fifa".

So they agreed with the offence but not the severity of the "punishment".....again a CCFC fan clutching at straws..if Sala was not a Cardiff Player why all the tv footage played again last night of his head slapping in front of a CCFC emblem,being shown around the ground and holding aloft a CCFC I think it was a CCFC shirt as it was blue ....can never tell what colour they are....alongside the chairman. It appears the "defence" is he was accepted as a PL signing as someone else asked was he registered with the FAW?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:01 - Dec 6 with 1686 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:48 - Dec 6 by vetchonian

Well thats not strictly true....the CAS have reduced the penalty by half as below

Cas found that the Blues "did violate" rules "related to the international transfer of minors" and "to the first registration of minors" but "for a significantly smaller number of players" amounting to "about a third of the violations found by Fifa".

So they agreed with the offence but not the severity of the "punishment".....again a CCFC fan clutching at straws..if Sala was not a Cardiff Player why all the tv footage played again last night of his head slapping in front of a CCFC emblem,being shown around the ground and holding aloft a CCFC I think it was a CCFC shirt as it was blue ....can never tell what colour they are....alongside the chairman. It appears the "defence" is he was accepted as a PL signing as someone else asked was he registered with the FAW?

CAS found FIFA's ruling to be incorrect on two thirds of the alleged player violations. That indicates FIFA either were incorrect in application or interpretation of their own rules or didn't fully examine the evidence provided. They therefore ruled against FIFA's verdict substantially.

Players are announced before contracts are fully completed.

Again, let's see what happens at CAS. It may be that the evidence FIFA ignored is accepted by CAS. It might be CAS back FIFA up. Pity we have to wait till Spring.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:50 - Dec 6 with 1658 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:20 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

Just wait. Next he'll start saying CAS are corrupt...

Bluey and the other blue gatecrashers have a minimum of 7 months to come up with more excuses. They'll find a way to reject the CAS outcome

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:41 - Dec 6 with 1634 viewsJackSomething

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:30 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

So are you saying right now that if CAS uphold FIFA's ruling, you'll admit Cardiff were in the wrong and will be happy for them to pay Nantes in full for Sala?

Hard as it maybe for you, a straight answer would be appreciated.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:13 - Dec 6 with 1605 viewsJoe_bradshaw

My guess is that CAS will reach a compromise ruling where Cardiff pay some but not all of the transfer fee.

It’s what they tend to do.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:31 - Dec 6 with 1575 viewsvetchonian

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:13 - Dec 6 by Joe_bradshaw

My guess is that CAS will reach a compromise ruling where Cardiff pay some but not all of the transfer fee.

It’s what they tend to do.

You can visit their web page and view the documents surrounding their "cases"

Cant wait to read the one for this ....I am really keen to see what the "get out clause" is that FIFA failed to recognise.

This may be just one push to far by this lot and all their "dodgy dealings " will there for all to see!!!!

Bring it on

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:47 - Dec 6 with 1562 viewsvetchonian

For any one interested and maybe Bluey you could do with reading this....see below link to the transcript of the FIFA proceedings

In summary it appears CCFC contested at the beginning FIFA having any juridstcition on this case and it should automatically go to the CAS

Lots of bluster from CArdiff ...my interpretation is they are looking for anyway out of paying despite the terms of the transfer agreement being satisified....also think about it why else would he be on that plane if he were not a Cardiff player?

Cardiff could have told him not to come!!!!!

Grasping at straws!!!!!

Make your own minds up
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/player-emiliano-sala.pdf?cloudid

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:07 - Dec 6 with 1548 viewsvetchonian

The link I gave maynot work thereis some coding there I think to stop it being used outside of the FIFA page so try this

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we-are/legal/latest

and scroll a few pages down where the transcript can be found

From my reading I cannot see what case Cardiff have from a contractual fulfillment perspective as can be seen in the transcript....basically it appears Cardiff are hiding behind their poorly written contract of employment and then using the fact Nantes used a dodgy agent and flight it will be interesting to see what the CAS make of it.....and what any legal eagles on here do too

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:22 - Dec 6 with 1532 viewsvetchonian

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:31 - Dec 5 by bluey_the_blue

There are all sorts of legal, insurance issues related. Paying accepts liability; if legal advice was that there's a strong claim against...

PR perspective, people believe what they want to believe.

CAS ruling should bring it to an end.

Have you read the FIFA case transcript?

YOu need to

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:27 - Dec 6 with 1524 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:41 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

So are you saying right now that if CAS uphold FIFA's ruling, you'll admit Cardiff were in the wrong and will be happy for them to pay Nantes in full for Sala?

Hard as it maybe for you, a straight answer would be appreciated.

If CAS uphold the ruling, the ruling stands.

Hardly a case of admitting anyone is "In the wrong". Legal interpretations aren't always black and white.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:29 - Dec 6 with 1525 viewsvetchonian

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:27 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

Hardly a case of admitting anyone is "In the wrong". Legal interpretations aren't always black and white.

You need to read the FIFA transcript

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:41 - Dec 6 with 1508 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:22 - Dec 6 by vetchonian

Have you read the FIFA case transcript?

YOu need to

I have. I can see a few areas where that verdict is being challenged.

Club have a right of appeal, CAS is utterly independent.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:43 - Dec 6 with 1512 viewsJackSomething

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:27 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

Fair play Bluey, you squirm out of things better than anyone.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:45 - Dec 6 with 1504 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:43 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

Fair play Bluey, you squirm out of things better than anyone.

It's like tax legislation. Nothing concrete till challenged.

I suspect there are elements of the case FIFA didn't want to touch with a bargepole due to the can of worms it would open, mostly around Mckay.

End of the day, CAS are independent. They may take a different view to FIFA, may back FIFA's determination.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:34 - Dec 6 with 1457 viewsdobjack2

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:45 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

It's like tax legislation. Nothing concrete till challenged.

I suspect there are elements of the case FIFA didn't want to touch with a bargepole due to the can of worms it would open, mostly around Mckay.

End of the day, CAS are independent. They may take a different view to FIFA, may back FIFA's determination.

No matter what anyone thinks of the morals it was always going to go this way.

There is a lot of money at stake and neither your team nor Nantes want to lose out. Lawyers for both teams were always going to advise not to do anything that admits liability and to pursue every avenue.

When a final decision is reached, unless it is a compromise that both teams can accept, then one side will be looking for money from somewhere and the can of worms may yet be opened.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:01 - Dec 6 with 1389 viewsTNT

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:41 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

Club is singular...so, Club has a right of appeal.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:16 - Dec 6 with 1375 viewsvetchonian

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:01 - Dec 6 by TNT

Club is singular...so, Club has a right of appeal.

It will be Judge Rinder when the CAS uphold the verdict

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:36 - Dec 7 with 1317 viewsvetchonian

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:41 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

Fair dos bluey you really are loyal to that club.
How anyone can argue with the legality of the terms of contract and the salient point of Sala being a CCFC player is hard to believe.
Yes there us a right to appeal but it shouldn't have got this far.Mist CCFc fans seem to live in a parallel universe it would be interesting if in a parallel universe the sad event hadn't happened I am sure CCFC would not dispute the player registration then

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:23 - Dec 7 with 1296 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:16 - Dec 6 by vetchonian

It will be Judge Rinder when the CAS uphold the verdict

Now that's one Judge Rinder episode I'd love to see.

Judge R - "What's your case"
Cardiff - "We signed this player see but he died on the way over coming back for training so we don't think we should pay as he can't play for us because he's dead like".
Judge R - "So if you bought a car and signed the sale contract and you wrote it off in an accident you would go to the vendor and demand your money back?"
Cardiff - "Err but.............."
Judge R - "After signing that cheque payable to Nantes FC for 15 million pounds you can firstly apologise to Mr Sala's family for treating their son like a used car , then the footballing world for bringing it in to disrepute and shame and then get the f*ck out of my courtroom!"
Judge R - "Bailiff - get some deep leaners in. We need to completely disinfect the entire court building. And the car park!"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:03 - Dec 7 with 1283 viewsvetchonian

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:23 - Dec 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Now that's one Judge Rinder episode I'd love to see.

Judge R - "What's your case"
Cardiff - "We signed this player see but he died on the way over coming back for training so we don't think we should pay as he can't play for us because he's dead like".
Judge R - "So if you bought a car and signed the sale contract and you wrote it off in an accident you would go to the vendor and demand your money back?"
Cardiff - "Err but.............."
Judge R - "After signing that cheque payable to Nantes FC for 15 million pounds you can firstly apologise to Mr Sala's family for treating their son like a used car , then the footballing world for bringing it in to disrepute and shame and then get the f*ck out of my courtroom!"
Judge R - "Bailiff - get some deep leaners in. We need to completely disinfect the entire court building. And the car park!"

Sums it up in a nutshell Brunei
After reading the transcript it is hard to believe that CCFC are being as they are in reality they just don’t to pay as Sala is not available due to the tragedy.
In the meanwhile his family suffer .....what a way for the so called biggest club in Wales..... yes the club of the capital to behave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024