Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread 00:30 - Oct 20 with 29539 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 18:52]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 2202 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:50 - Oct 22 by theloneranger

C**diff haven't won away this season.

It's the Swansea way to change that!!!
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:58 - Oct 22 with 2187 viewslegoman

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:50 - Oct 22 by theloneranger

Please, why did you have to say that!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:02 - Oct 22 with 2141 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:58 - Oct 22 by legoman

Please, why did you have to say that!

It’s the Swansea Way unfortunately ......🙈🙈🙈

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 22 with 2121 viewsThornburyswan

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Oct 22 by RevJames

Whatever happened to collective responsibility?

It's not just the manager is it?

Nope but owners generally don’t sack players.
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:12 - Oct 22 with 2022 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 22 by Thornburyswan

Nope but owners generally don’t sack players.

No shape to the side,
We have two very average full backs
And what the point of changing Baston when the ball was not getting to him?
He should have btought Rutledge on the other wing to try and stretch them.
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 1982 viewsploppy

That pasting has been coming.
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:36 - Oct 22 with 1852 viewsflashj

Match stats doesn’t paint the picture, as we were battered fair play. Although if we’d bagged one of those early chances it may have been a different story.

Confidence is lower than a gnat’s ankle and we’re a young inexperienced side, particularly in the engine room, so it’s difficult to see a way out of it at the moment. Unfortunately Warnock will be licking his lips reviewing that.

On the other hand (trying to be positive here!), a scrappy last minute winner off someone’s backside in Sunday’s derby could well be enough to arrest this home form slump. One thing’s for sure, us fans will be up for it, here’s hoping there’s a reaction from the players and they’re up for it too!
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:37 - Oct 22 with 1832 viewsbazzool

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:43 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

He shouldn’t do.

It’s the changing room that’s part of the problem.

When I did have a feed it had the Brentford commentary team and they said they thought we looked (a) as though we’d underestimated them and (b) less fit than them.

In other words, we didn’t put in quite as much effort. From what I saw (which cut out just before half time, in the interests of balance) that seemed spot on. I have no idea whether the second half was different, as I couldn’t pick up a feed.

Mate that's exactly what they said, and they were having a good old laugh at us aswell, I can't believe it, what the deck has gone wrong
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:42 - Oct 22 with 1802 viewsTenbySwan

We have been outplayed by Forest, Reading, Stoke and Brentford and can have no complaints. After a great August form has slipped alarmingly.

Lets hope Sunday is the turning point!
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:46 - Oct 22 with 1765 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:40 - Oct 22 by dickythorpe

I hope Cooper doesn't lose the changing room!

It looks that way already. When you see VDH just shrug his shoulders when they scored their third then something is amiss....er...no pun intended.
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 1742 viewsCaptain_Sham

Yet

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:01 - Oct 22 with 1685 viewsploppy

First goal - Connor stood off their player who takes a step inside and puts it in the top corner.
Second goal - Peterson gives a poor pass inside, Dhanda should have fouled (as encouraged by Trundle) not just half fouled. Bidwell does the rest.
Third goal - Rodon gives a shocking pass, decent shot but Woodman makes no attempt.

So basically all three goals were really poor defensively.

Apart from that, we were shocking and Brentford were very good.
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:20 - Oct 22 with 1629 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:01 - Oct 22 by ploppy

First goal - Connor stood off their player who takes a step inside and puts it in the top corner.
Second goal - Peterson gives a poor pass inside, Dhanda should have fouled (as encouraged by Trundle) not just half fouled. Bidwell does the rest.
Third goal - Rodon gives a shocking pass, decent shot but Woodman makes no attempt.

Agree to most of that but Rodon's undercut pass was called for by Bidwell who moved away from it and let the Brentford player walk into the gap.
So, I'd be 50% Rodn 50% Bidwell.

Roberts was too busy having a go at others to be effective (Giggs thinks he's wonderful apparently!) and Bidwell if a couple of stone overweight - he can't get back once he's moved upfield.
I'm excusing Borja tonight as he had no service but did, as always, go looking to be involved but only Celina made any impact.

Shocking performance but an expected performance.

Cooper needs to take a long hard look at what he's doing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 01:24 - Oct 23 with 1420 viewsTimTtam

The post-game press conference comments from Cooper mean absolute squat. How many weeks have he and other players been saying that we need to improve, need to gain control of the game, need to play with more intensity etc? Whatever Cooper and his coaching staff have been trying to do to arrest this form slump isn't working.

Stoke :
We fell short today with our performance levels and did not do what we aim to do in every game."
"For some reason, we did not want to play forward; we did not want to break lines, and we did not want to be brave enough in areas of the pitch to make a difference."
Grimes - “Our home form isn’t good enough at the moment and we need to sort it out."

Barnsley :
"It leaves you with a feeling of dissatisfaction as we should have gone on and won the game, not drawn it.”

Brentford :
"We were way too passive. If you are like that at this level, you will get punished."
We’ve let ourselves down in the game. But we have two options; we either sulk and cry, or we get on with it. We have to do the latter."

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 01:53 - Oct 23 with 1406 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 17:37 - Oct 20 by TimTtam

I think this will be the circuit breaker.

4-1 win. Yes 4.

Besides, unless I stay up until 2:45am, we will draw at minimum.

What the f*ck was I thinking?

Oh well, at least I got the margin correct. Just the wrong team...

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 08:15 - Oct 23 with 1179 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:20 - Oct 22 by Badlands

Agree to most of that but Rodon's undercut pass was called for by Bidwell who moved away from it and let the Brentford player walk into the gap.
So, I'd be 50% Rodn 50% Bidwell.

Roberts was too busy having a go at others to be effective (Giggs thinks he's wonderful apparently!) and Bidwell if a couple of stone overweight - he can't get back once he's moved upfield.
I'm excusing Borja tonight as he had no service but did, as always, go looking to be involved but only Celina made any impact.

Shocking performance but an expected performance.

Cooper needs to take a long hard look at what he's doing.

The trouble when Bidwell overlaps is that nobody drops to cover. One of the DMs should be doing that, but as we’re getting desperate they’re both pushing up the pitch leaving hu-chiffin-mungous holes.

Shape isn’t there atm.
The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 15:56 - Oct 23 with 1029 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Swansea City v Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:01 - Oct 22 by ploppy

Rodon couldn’t pass water.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024