Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? 19:47 - Oct 29 with 3755 viewsNotLoyal

Hypothetically, if this side did make it to the alleged best league in the world ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 19:49 - Oct 29 with 2860 viewsbuilthjack

Rodon, ummmmm am thinking now

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 19:51 - Oct 29 with 2853 viewsNotLoyal

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 19:49 - Oct 29 by builthjack

Rodon, ummmmm am thinking now

I’m certain Woodman would sign if we did, he seems to be a settled influence in goal.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 19:52 - Oct 29 with 2845 viewsDippy

Celina... So much raw potential

Poll: Cooper Out

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 19:55 - Oct 29 with 2833 viewsOldjack

Atm none, VDH might make it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 19:59 - Oct 29 with 2822 viewsLeonWasGod

No mention for our recipent of a PL winners medal?
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:00 - Oct 29 with 2818 viewsThornburyswan

None for me, that said I’d have said similar last time around so difficult to say who will step up if the chance comes.
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:08 - Oct 29 with 2800 viewsbuilthjack

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 19:51 - Oct 29 by NotLoyal

I’m certain Woodman would sign if we did, he seems to be a settled influence in goal.

Newcastle would want a fortune. He signed a long term contract not long ago.
Certainly good enough though

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:12 - Oct 29 with 2776 viewsdickythorpe

None.....yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:24 - Oct 29 with 2744 viewsLast_minute_screamer

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:08 - Oct 29 by builthjack

Newcastle would want a fortune. He signed a long term contract not long ago.
Certainly good enough though

He signed a 1 year extension before joining us on loan.

When he returns to Newcastle in the Summer he will have 12 months left. He is very much available next Summer, particularly as Newcastle have just given Dubravka a 6 year contract.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/woodman-pens-contract-extension-and-join
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:35 - Oct 29 with 2718 viewsDr_Winston

Woodman
Celina
Ayew
Naughton
VdH
Rodon
Wilmot (maybe)
Roberts (maybe)

None of the above would be top class, but should all be capable of doing at least a job at a higher level.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:36 - Oct 29 with 2714 viewspencoedjack

Rodon
Mikey
Ayew
Celina

Possibly Grimes with a good strong holding midfielder behind him
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:55 - Oct 29 with 2676 viewsbuilthjack

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:24 - Oct 29 by Last_minute_screamer

He signed a 1 year extension before joining us on loan.

When he returns to Newcastle in the Summer he will have 12 months left. He is very much available next Summer, particularly as Newcastle have just given Dubravka a 6 year contract.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/woodman-pens-contract-extension-and-join

My mistake. I thought it was a longer contract. That's good then.

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:56 - Oct 29 with 2670 viewsFireboy2

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:36 - Oct 29 by pencoedjack

Rodon
Mikey
Ayew
Celina

Possibly Grimes with a good strong holding midfielder behind him

Agreed with your coice of 4 PJ but not grimes.
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 21:26 - Oct 29 with 2629 viewsBadlands

Van der Hoorn
Rodon
Roberts (on Wales form and with players around him who would sort out his anger management issues)
Celina
Ayew
Routledge
Kalulu (when fit)

Possibly Cabango.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 23:32 - Oct 29 with 2512 viewsSwan91

VDH
Celina
Ayew
possibly woodman (if stays)
Borja (if he is played the correct way)
Routledge (has the know how)
and I would say between naughton and roberts.. rb would be ok

then with the youngsters... who knows.. most of them definitely have the potential to step it up with more experience.
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 00:28 - Oct 30 with 2475 viewsTimTtam

Woodman
van der Hoorn
Rodon
Celina
Ayew
Borja

There's question marks on some, but the quality in the PL isn't great when you look at the bottom 8 sides.

Roberts has played in the PL, but his form has been extremely disappointing ever since signing his contract. I actually think Nordfeldt would go ok because more teams actually play football rather than hoofing it into the box, but he will be gone in January thank god.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 02:27 - Oct 30 with 2450 viewsItchySphincter

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:35 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

Woodman
Celina
Ayew
Naughton
VdH
Rodon
Wilmot (maybe)
Roberts (maybe)

None of the above would be top class, but should all be capable of doing at least a job at a higher level.

Take Roberts out and add Dhanda and Grimes as possibilities.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 06:38 - Oct 30 with 2375 viewskarnataka

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 20:00 - Oct 29 by Thornburyswan

None for me, that said I’d have said similar last time around so difficult to say who will step up if the chance comes.

I think the key last time around was that the teams assembled by Martinez & Rodgers were greater than the sum of their parts with a clear playing philosophy and keeping most of the side together in 2011 with a couple of additions enabled a lot of our players to acclimatise to the demands of the Prem whilst still winning enough games to survive comfortably and from then on, the younger ones grew into Prem standard players. I'm not sure that's the case at the moment. Rodon will surely be a Prem player next season with or without us but I'm not convinced that individuals with big potential like Grimes & Dandha would continue to develop without having better players around them. Celina is an enigma, all the skills but rarely takes a game by the scruff of the neck so would need others around him to do that and we simply don't have them at the moment.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 18:55]
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 06:55 - Oct 30 with 2367 viewsDr_Winston

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 02:27 - Oct 30 by ItchySphincter

Take Roberts out and add Dhanda and Grimes as possibilities.

Don't think Grimes is PL quality. Still big question marks over Dhanda, although I don't think he's strong enough yet to show his best in our current set up.

Roberts has the ability, but he's not played well for some time now and could do with a spell out of the side to wake him up a bit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 07:43 - Oct 30 with 2329 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew, Joe Rodon and VDH at the moment imo.
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 07:54 - Oct 30 with 2324 viewsjojaca

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 06:55 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

Don't think Grimes is PL quality. Still big question marks over Dhanda, although I don't think he's strong enough yet to show his best in our current set up.

Roberts has the ability, but he's not played well for some time now and could do with a spell out of the side to wake him up a bit.

Woodman will be there one day.

Roberts has the potential if he can concentrate on his defensive game, he is out of position far too much for my liking. He has to be the fittest in the squad.

Van der Hoorn would be a good squad player for lower half.

Rodon has the biggest potential in the squad. I honestly think he is top 4 centre half with more experience.

Ayew, Borja and Dyer would be good subs for bottom clubs.

I'm afraid I don't get the Celina love here, most overrated player in squad. He is so inconsistent and his decision making in the final third is way below Premier League standard.

Before the season started I would have put Grimes in that category. But we have been steam rolled through the middle to much this season. He has found his level.

Even when you know, you never know?

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 08:22 - Oct 30 with 2279 views3swan

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 06:38 - Oct 30 by karnataka

I think the key last time around was that the teams assembled by Martinez & Rodgers were greater than the sum of their parts with a clear playing philosophy and keeping most of the side together in 2011 with a couple of additions enabled a lot of our players to acclimatise to the demands of the Prem whilst still winning enough games to survive comfortably and from then on, the younger ones grew into Prem standard players. I'm not sure that's the case at the moment. Rodon will surely be a Prem player next season with or without us but I'm not convinced that individuals with big potential like Grimes & Dandha would continue to develop without having better players around them. Celina is an enigma, all the skills but rarely takes a game by the scruff of the neck so would need others around him to do that and we simply don't have them at the moment.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 18:55]

My thoughts word for word.
I had doubts when we got promoted last time but it was a team effort, which at the moment isn't at that level
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 08:25 - Oct 30 with 2276 viewsMrSwerve

I don’t think there is such a thing as ‘PL standard’ anymore. The top third of the Championship could certainly mix it with the bottom half of the PL. The main difference to me is the depth that PL squads can financially hold.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 10:02 - Oct 30 with 2192 viewscontroversial_jack

Certainly not Rodon, just VDH, Woodman and Ayew
Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 11:25 - Oct 30 with 2132 viewsKilkennyjack

Who in our squad are premier league standard ? on 10:02 - Oct 30 by controversial_jack

Certainly not Rodon, just VDH, Woodman and Ayew

I think Rodon is a top young centre back.
He is 100 caps material if he can stay free of injury.

He is very young for a centre back, at 26 he could be the best around.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024