Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play 22:17 - Nov 4 with 8015 viewsGaryjack

Stoke are absolutely fvckin shocking. What a mess of a club. The way their owners have run that club since relegation is nothing short of criminal. It really puts things into perspective when you think they've thrown millions to get back up yet are bottom of the league, yet we sold everything we could and are competing at the top end of the table. I can't bring myself to praise the yanks, but they certainly haven't fvcked us off have they?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 22:21]
Fair play on 23:34 - Nov 4 with 2331 viewsangryjack

Fair play on 23:25 - Nov 4 by Garyjack

I suggested that they were a shambles of a club on the pitch, which they are, after the route they have taken since relegation, that was my OP.
If you think they will be continued to be bank rolled to the tune of tens of millions by a betting company, then i suggest you think again.

So they not in debt then....
Fair play on 23:37 - Nov 4 with 2321 viewsswancity

Fair play on 23:25 - Nov 4 by Garyjack

I suggested that they were a shambles of a club on the pitch, which they are, after the route they have taken since relegation, that was my OP.
If you think they will be continued to be bank rolled to the tune of tens of millions by a betting company, then i suggest you think again.

You said quote “ the way the owners have run that club since relegation is nothing short of criminal “

That’s clearly incorrect. They off loaded some of the high earners like Shaqiri and others like Allen were on reduced contracts. They ploughed in around £50m last year into the Club albeit they receive alarmingly high salaries. They hoped for a quick Premier League return. It didn’t work but they have the money to manage their situation. It’s hardly criminal is it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Fair play on 23:42 - Nov 4 with 2306 viewsswancity

Fair play on 23:30 - Nov 4 by sainthelens

What's ironic is they are owned by a major bookies, and they've broke the golden rule for gambling....they are chasing their losses.

To use a betting analogy ;

Only bet with what you can afford to lose. That seems to be their position and policy.

Fair play on 00:03 - Nov 5 with 2281 viewsGaryjack

Fair play on 23:37 - Nov 4 by swancity

You said quote “ the way the owners have run that club since relegation is nothing short of criminal “

That’s clearly incorrect. They off loaded some of the high earners like Shaqiri and others like Allen were on reduced contracts. They ploughed in around £50m last year into the Club albeit they receive alarmingly high salaries. They hoped for a quick Premier League return. It didn’t work but they have the money to manage their situation. It’s hardly criminal is it.

Oh shut up you fool. The word criminal wasn't used in the literal sense! If you think Stoke City is being run in a financially prudent manner then you need your fvckin head tested mate. Fact is, they're going to get relegated again despite spending millions whether it be buy and sell since they came out of the Prem at the same time as us.
Fair play on 02:04 - Nov 5 with 2227 viewsNotLoyal

Fair play on 23:37 - Nov 4 by swancity

I'll take your 50 million and raise you to 80 million.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Fair play on 04:42 - Nov 5 with 2184 viewsTimTtam

Fair play on 23:17 - Nov 4 by jack2jack

http://financialfootballnews.com/stoke-city-2018-financial-review-cold-wet-and-w

At first I thought Stoke would surely escape the weak FFP system. But looking at this, given that they haven't stopped spending, they're in big trouble. And they deserve it. They tried to buy the PL twice, and will fail each time.

Does anyone know, if FFP sanctions are put into effect on Stoke, will they be this season or next season?

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Fair play on 07:06 - Nov 5 with 2120 viewsladyjack

Lots of Championship teams roll the dice.
Fair play on 08:14 - Nov 5 with 2080 viewsChief

So in conclusion, they are a club like everyone who's income has dropped from their prem days but are slowly&steady getting rid of their high earners while maintaining a competitive squad at this level (or at least it should be) with serviceable debt.

The problem at that club aren't the owners.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Fair play on 08:47 - Nov 5 with 2045 viewsjojaca

If they employ a good manager, they have enough quality in the squad to shoot up the table. They have zero confidence at the moment, the team we saw at the Liberty would beat us 6/7 times out of ten.

Even when you know, you never know?

Fair play on 09:25 - Nov 5 with 2014 viewsWantagejack

Fair play on 23:42 - Nov 4 by swancity

To use a betting analogy ;

Only bet with what you can afford to lose. That seems to be their position and policy.

Denise Coates paid herself £265 million last year. Mug's game??
Fair play on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 1991 viewsdickythorpe

What a milk float Carthorse double-barrell is!!!!
Fair play on 09:45 - Nov 5 with 1984 views34dfgdf54

It's mental because they really impressed me against us, we must have just been awful.
Fair play on 11:23 - Nov 5 with 1935 viewsChief

Fair play on 09:45 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

It's mental because they really impressed me against us, we must have just been awful.

They were good in fairness. Combatted us perfectly.

You can't say they haven't appointed decent managers on paper too. Nathan Jones was hardly a Bob Bradley appointment was he?

Fair play on 12:12 - Nov 5 with 1905 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This is the way to deal with failure to comply with financial regulations.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50300756

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Fair play on 12:14 - Nov 5 with 1900 viewsswancity

Fair play on 08:14 - Nov 5 by Chief

So in conclusion, they are a club like everyone who's income has dropped from their prem days but are slowly&steady getting rid of their high earners while maintaining a competitive squad at this level (or at least it should be) with serviceable debt.

Yes thats it in a nutshell

The thread was started without much thought or any real knowledge of their circumstances or situation clearly

Fair play on 12:20 - Nov 5 with 1888 viewsDr_Winston

Fair play on 22:46 - Nov 4 by monmouth

I enjoyed the 'performances' of Clucarse, Carthorse-Vickers and super Joey Allen tonight, and the reaction of that horrible crowd. How we lost to them after scoring so early God alone knows. They are pants. I should have wanted them to beat WBA but I couldn't bring myself to.

We lost to them because even the shadow of Joe Allen is still a more effective midfielder than any of our lot. We had absolutely no answer to him driving the play forward. The one strength they've got played right into our biggest weakness.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fair play on 17:17 - Nov 5 with 1765 viewsLeonWasGod

Fair play on 22:21 - Nov 4 by Chief

What have their owners done that's so bad then?

Making decisions that led to their relegations whilst running up net debts of £100m, and then taking them to the bottom of the Championship despite apparently gambling on a quick return (to be confirmed in the next set of accounts).

Apart from that, they've been great
Fair play on 17:30 - Nov 5 with 1754 viewsChief

Fair play on 17:17 - Nov 5 by LeonWasGod

Making decisions that led to their relegations whilst running up net debts of £100m, and then taking them to the bottom of the Championship despite apparently gambling on a quick return (to be confirmed in the next set of accounts).

Apart from that, they've been great

If you want to use the mantra that the buck has to stop somewhere, fair enough, but the owners invested in a squad that should have been good enough to stay in the prem (ok Hughes wasn't a very good appointment) but in this division they still have a squad capable of being near the top as well as managers like Rowett and Jones who should be good enough at this level. There's obviously something wrong there- it isn't clicking but the owners, from my limited knowledge of the club are not culpable.

Fair play on 17:38 - Nov 5 with 1743 viewsGixerJack

Fair play on 22:21 - Nov 4 by Chief

What have their owners done that's so bad then?

They spunked £6mill+ on Clucas!!!
Fair play on 17:43 - Nov 5 with 1736 viewsmonmouth

Fair play on 12:20 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

We lost to them because even the shadow of Joe Allen is still a more effective midfielder than any of our lot. We had absolutely no answer to him driving the play forward. The one strength they've got played right into our biggest weakness.

We also retreated ten yards as we did against Forest and Reading and allowed them the freedom to press us to their hearts content. I think if we'd kept trying to play on the front foot in all those games we would now have at least 5 points more, even with our piss weak centre mid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fair play on 18:54 - Nov 5 with 1690 viewsGaryjack

Fair play on 08:14 - Nov 5 by Chief

Their accounts for the last financial year are due out this month, and is expected to show that the club is over £200m in debt, an increase of £75m in just one year. They are bottom of the championship and playing in front of a half empty stadium (at best). Yet you say the problem is not down to the owners. Who's fault do you think it is then? The fvckin tea lady's?
Fair play on 18:58 - Nov 5 with 1672 viewsbuilthjack

Fair play on 17:38 - Nov 5 by GixerJack

They spunked £6mill+ on Clucas!!!

We spunked £16m on him

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fair play on 19:02 - Nov 5 with 1665 viewsshandyjack

Was mental to hear Sam Allardyce this morning claim that there demise was down to the lack of funding from the owners and cutting the squad back after relegation.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Fair play on 19:08 - Nov 5 with 1656 viewsGaryjack

Fair play on 19:02 - Nov 5 by shandyjack

Was mental to hear Sam Allardyce this morning claim that there demise was down to the lack of funding from the owners and cutting the squad back after relegation.

Did he! Look, i do not doubt the owners have good intentions, but they've got it so so wrong, and plunged the club into an horrific state financially.
Fair play on 19:25 - Nov 5 with 1631 viewsGaryjack

Fair play on 12:14 - Nov 5 by swancity

Yes thats it in a nutshell

The thread was started without much thought or any real knowledge of their circumstances or situation clearly

I'm well aware of their circumstances, just like i was aware of Bolton owner Eddie Davies who wrote of £185m of debt he was owed, look at them now eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024