Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread 19:12 - Dec 9 with 22258 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:08 - Dec 11 with 1876 views3swan

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:02 - Dec 11 by longlostjack

Sounds as if Ayew ran himself into the ground again but looking at the bench who could have replaced him?

Surrage Byers Grimes had all gone as well. We needed players in that last 10 minutes who could at least run and block. Couple of attacks by them could easily have ended in defeat.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:10 - Dec 11 with 1861 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:05 - Dec 11 by icecoldjack

Let’s be fair, if cooper doesn’t keep flogging Ayew then he’d be fooked, without Andre giving the team talk in the huddle,the scoring of goals ,the work rate, the tracking back etc. then Cooper probably would be sacked already.

I know Ayew isn’t the ideal for us, but I give him total credit for at least working for his high wages, unlike most of the other players who are too lazy to graft and seem to think they are too good for this league, the truth is of course that they are getting outclassed.

for me that was a must win, the truth is that this is the new normal, the new swans the next level, it’s slow boring paint by numbers football that you’d be inclined to think about not watching if it wasn’t for the fact we just love our Swans.

Ayew has totally changed my opinion of him. The man is giving is all when he could so easily act the billy big bollocks like his clunge of a brother. He should be made captain immediately and Grimes told to shape up or f*ck off.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:11 - Dec 11 with 1857 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:05 - Dec 11 by icecoldjack

Let’s be fair, if cooper doesn’t keep flogging Ayew then he’d be fooked, without Andre giving the team talk in the huddle,the scoring of goals ,the work rate, the tracking back etc. then Cooper probably would be sacked already.

I know Ayew isn’t the ideal for us, but I give him total credit for at least working for his high wages, unlike most of the other players who are too lazy to graft and seem to think they are too good for this league, the truth is of course that they are getting outclassed.

for me that was a must win, the truth is that this is the new normal, the new swans the next level, it’s slow boring paint by numbers football that you’d be inclined to think about not watching if it wasn’t for the fact we just love our Swans.

Ayew was superb as usual. He’s carrying the squad.

I know I’m repeating myself on here, but give him the bloody captain’s armband ffs. It’s as clear as day.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:11 - Dec 11 with 1855 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:52 - Dec 11 by TenbySwan

We have to accept what we are i feel.

We are not a top 6 side, nowhere near a top 2 side.

And we are absolutely nowhere near a Premier league side.

We've had the Tosh era and the Brendan inspired era.

It's going to be a few years before we have another shot at it and before that we need new owners that want that and dont see the club as an investment to make money from.

I just hope in the meantime we dont sink any lower.

Harsh but true.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:12 - Dec 11 with 1832 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:10 - Dec 11 by monmouth

Ayew has totally changed my opinion of him. The man is giving is all when he could so easily act the billy big bollocks like his clunge of a brother. He should be made captain immediately and Grimes told to shape up or f*ck off.

He has always given his all.

It’s been one of those odd myths on here that he walks around sulking. Over paid? Massively but is a born winner on pitch doesn’t stop.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:20 - Dec 11 with 1751 viewsThrasher6

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 21:46 - Dec 11 by jojaca

I had buffering all match. My router is next to my TV and can't remember the last time I had Internet issues.

That wasn't buffering....that was the pace of our play...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:21 - Dec 11 with 1739 viewsThrasher6

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:12 - Dec 11 by 34dfgdf54

It’s been one of those odd myths on here that he walks around sulking. Over paid? Massively but is a born winner on pitch doesn’t stop.

This. In spades.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:22 - Dec 11 with 1737 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:12 - Dec 11 by 34dfgdf54

It's always been one of the ways in which you can tell someone who is looking at things with an open mind as opposed to someone just talking shit.

Andre Ayew has never, ever shirked the workrate. Not in his first spell, not in this one. God only knows how we'd be doing without him at the moment because he's leading by an absolute example, and every game where he's not wearing the captain's armband is a game wasted.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:22 - Dec 11 with 1733 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:11 - Dec 11 by MrSwerve

Ayew was superb as usual. He’s carrying the squad.

I know I’m repeating myself on here, but give him the bloody captain’s armband ffs. It’s as clear as day.

Showed the huddle before the game, Ayew was doing the talking not grimes, make of that what you will.

It’s clear to us humble fans that Matt shouldn’t even be starting let alone captain, I feel for him actually, difficult 2nd season where he needs taking out the team to help recover some confidence, bit of bench duty is as vital as much as playing and fooking up every week, his confidence has clearly gone hence safe, sideways and slow.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:28 - Dec 11 with 1684 viewssainthelens

Without Ayew we are fcked. He is literally carrying us. Having to score twice in every game to get a win is proving nigh on impossible right now.
Positive tonight was we kept going ( least we should expect granted). But truth is we just arnt very good. In a pss poor league wer getting away with it. Poor standard all round , but we enjoyed it anyway. I've come to accept it now.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:36 - Dec 11 with 1625 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:22 - Dec 11 by icecoldjack

Showed the huddle before the game, Ayew was doing the talking not grimes, make of that what you will.

It’s clear to us humble fans that Matt shouldn’t even be starting let alone captain, I feel for him actually, difficult 2nd season where he needs taking out the team to help recover some confidence, bit of bench duty is as vital as much as playing and fooking up every week, his confidence has clearly gone hence safe, sideways and slow.

Yep saw Ayew giving the huddle talk. Felt a little bit sorry for Grimes in a way because Ayew is clearly leading by example and with experience.

I think nearly everyone on here was taken aback when Grimes was given the captaincy at the start of the season. Looks like we were right.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:40 - Dec 11 with 1595 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:36 - Dec 11 by MrSwerve

Yep saw Ayew giving the huddle talk. Felt a little bit sorry for Grimes in a way because Ayew is clearly leading by example and with experience.

I think nearly everyone on here was taken aback when Grimes was given the captaincy at the start of the season. Looks like we were right.

I was taken aback after he won player of the year for a decent rather than excellent season. Lowered expectations? James and McBurnie were miles ahead of him.

The problem is that we seem to be stuck with both him and Byers for the moment as Cooper persists with the pair of them week after week. I don't know if he feels duty bound to carry on with the youngsters as that's basically his remit, but it's doing nobody any favours leaving either of them in the firing line.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:47 - Dec 11 with 1554 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:36 - Dec 11 by MrSwerve

What is Cooper playing at?
He is killing the confidence of Celina and peterson.
We have about six wingers on our books.
But he chooses to play with a narrow front three.
With the two full backs giving us our width.
The problem with that is,our full backs are to slow and not good enough to do it.

Let's go back to the Rodgers way of five in midfield with two proper wingers
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:54 - Dec 11 with 1505 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:01 - Dec 11 by Landore_Jack

Byers and Grimes were awful tonight.

Grimes was great tonight, Byers was average. I wish our fans would support our players rather than moaning about them everytime the touch the ball.

Had two muppets sitting next to me who moaned about Robert's, Bidwell and Byers. I wish they would stay at home rather than moan all night.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:57 - Dec 11 with 1486 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:54 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

Grimes was great tonight, Byers was average. I wish our fans would support our players rather than moaning about them everytime the touch the ball.

Had two muppets sitting next to me who moaned about Robert's, Bidwell and Byers. I wish they would stay at home rather than moan all night.

Moaning about Robert’s what?

Who’s Robert anyway?
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:59 - Dec 11 with 1473 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:10 - Dec 11 by monmouth

Always thought his effort before was a lot of bluster and no end product

Tonight was his best performance this season for me, inspired the rest of the team and didn’t stop working. Very impressed. We’d be lost without him at the moment.

Can he play centre midfield😂

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:04 - Dec 11 with 1437 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:47 - Dec 11 by Nortbankboy

What is Cooper playing at?
He is killing the confidence of Celina and peterson.
We have about six wingers on our books.
But he chooses to play with a narrow front three.
With the two full backs giving us our width.
The problem with that is,our full backs are to slow and not good enough to do it.

Let's go back to the Rodgers way of five in midfield with two proper wingers

Celina was atrocious tonight, and not for the first time this season. A shadow of the player he was last season. And quite a few of them are.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:05 - Dec 11 with 1429 viewsLandore_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 22:54 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

You must be only one who believes Grimes was great tonight.

#backtojack

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:05 - Dec 11 with 1424 viewsgordondg

He's no left winger is he.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:11 - Dec 11 with 1394 viewsNortbankboy

They were right,Roberts and Boswell are to slow and don't offer anything out wide and just pass backwards.
We need two wide men to get at the full backs and take the game to teams.
Byers was poor tonight aswell.
Play with pace wingers out wide.not slow full backs
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:15 - Dec 11 with 1359 viewsDr_Winston

There's no way on this planet that Roberts' form over the last eighteen months justifies his inclusion ahead of Naughton.

Bidwell put some decent crosses in but isn't a naturally attacking fullback, which doesn't help our overall offensive ethos.

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:33 - Dec 11 with 1284 viewsBadlands

Not a lot to say really we were poor against a very poor side.
Woodman. - 6 didn't have much to do
Roberts - 6 didn't do much but was starved of ball in the first half
Cabango - 7 good solid CB performance against experienced players.
Hoorn - 7 as we expect from him
Bidwell - 6 involved in a stack a decent amount but did't do much
Celina - 5 either needs a run in the team or sold in January
Carroll - 8 until he was sent off (two definite yellows) quicker in thought than anyone else in the midfield.
Byers - 4 another game where you scratch your head that he starts and scratch again when he's not subbed.
Grimes - 6 solid but is so far off last season's standard it's like he's another player
Ayew - 9 everywhere.
Surridge - 6 looked busy but did little and needs to stay on his feet

Kalulu - 6 but should have been on far sooner.

Cooper - 5 as long as he keeps playing Byers and Grimes we will struggle. Hopefully Cabango has shown he's up for more starts and we'll see Wilmot as a CDM.
Does he understand we are allowed 3 subs, we were playing at home and battering into a brick wall defence?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:39 - Dec 11 with 1262 viewslifelong

I’ve said it previously but I’m bitterly disappointed with Byers, thought he would come good after a run of games but he seems to have gone backwards.
The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:41 - Dec 11 with 1255 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 23:39 - Dec 11 by lifelong

I’ve said it previously but I’m bitterly disappointed with Byers, thought he would come good after a run of games but he seems to have gone backwards.

Another one to go backwards

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 00:37 - Dec 12 with 1140 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Blackburn Rovers Match Night Thread on 20:32 - Dec 11 by Garyjack

If i was there tonight, i'd be looking forward to half time and an ice cold pastie with boiling cup of bovril. It all just seems like a throwback to those wonderfully crap days of playing Mansfield Town at home on a Tuesday night at the Vetch in front of 2500.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 20:33]

East was virtually full. 6000
South three quarters full. 3000
West overtwo thirds full. 4500
North 200 away fans and about 300 home fans
So the 14k mark was about right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024