Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birch has gone very quiet ... 14:05 - Dec 12 with 7309 viewsNotLoyal

I have three well thought out thoughts on why ?

1. He can’t say anything it’s too close to January and he knows we are going to get rid of our best players.

2. He can’t say anything it’s too close to January and he knows we are going to get rid of our best players.

3. He can’t say anything it’s too close to January and he knows we are going to get rid of our best players.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:35 - Dec 13 with 1862 viewsjack247

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:36 - Dec 12 by A_Fans_Dad

No he is not, he is just doing a job and probably doing it well.
The job description doesn't coincide with what the fans want.

This is probably true.

I’d imagine his brief runs something along the lines of run the club as cheaply as possible, sell whatever you can and look for a buyer.

Chuck out a few nice sound bites along the way and buy the fans a couple of pints to keep them onside.
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:14 - Dec 13 with 1827 viewsBadlands

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:35 - Dec 13 by jack247

This is probably true.

I’d imagine his brief runs something along the lines of run the club as cheaply as possible, sell whatever you can and look for a buyer.

Chuck out a few nice sound bites along the way and buy the fans a couple of pints to keep them onside.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 13:45 - Dec 13 with 1776 viewsvetchonian

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:35 - Dec 13 by jack247

This is probably true.

I dont know what w efnas are expecting.....the problem is we were all sucked in by the hyerbole spouted by Jenkins et al when the took over " a club for the fans by the fans" , "we will never have another Petty epsiode in the future".

We all beleived we would go into the future with success and being owned by local fans who cared and who were going to run the club sensibly within its means not spend spend spend to keep our PL status so they could line our own pockets.

Unfortunately we are now majoritly owned by hard nosed businessmen who have brought in a "professional to run the club in a "sound" finanacial way to facilitate a sale which will not in line as as how we fans would like it to be. Read all the recent press football league clubs are in financial dire straits...the EFL fears more club will follow Bury..
At the end of the day Birch is doing his job and "PR" is one of those things

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 14:11 - Dec 13 with 1759 viewsBadlands

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 13:45 - Dec 13 by vetchonian

I dont know what w efnas are expecting.....the problem is we were all sucked in by the hyerbole spouted by Jenkins et al when the took over " a club for the fans by the fans" , "we will never have another Petty epsiode in the future".

We all beleived we would go into the future with success and being owned by local fans who cared and who were going to run the club sensibly within its means not spend spend spend to keep our PL status so they could line our own pockets.

Unfortunately we are now majoritly owned by hard nosed businessmen who have brought in a "professional to run the club in a "sound" finanacial way to facilitate a sale which will not in line as as how we fans would like it to be. Read all the recent press football league clubs are in financial dire straits...the EFL fears more club will follow Bury..
At the end of the day Birch is doing his job and "PR" is one of those things

On the other hand many fans would have had us spend even more money we don't have (possibly failing) to stay in a league in which we had been struggling for three seasons.
At the same time as barracking 61% shareholders, for not putting there hands in their own pocket after seeing c£30 million wiped off the value of their investment, little was said of the 18% who also din't put their hands in their pockets and nothing about the 21% who didn't put their hands in their pocket.
As you said these businessmen, whose only negligence was to leave the people who 'best knew' the club in charge.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 14:32 - Dec 13 with 1742 viewsNotLoyal

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 14:11 - Dec 13 by Badlands

On the other hand many fans would have had us spend even more money we don't have (possibly failing) to stay in a league in which we had been struggling for three seasons.
At the same time as barracking 61% shareholders, for not putting there hands in their own pocket after seeing c£30 million wiped off the value of their investment, little was said of the 18% who also din't put their hands in their pockets and nothing about the 21% who didn't put their hands in their pocket.
As you said these businessmen, whose only negligence was to leave the people who 'best knew' the club in charge.

I'm personally not interested overspending, who would. But reading stuff on this thread reminds me of the nonsense I heard post 1997.
Falling for it again.
it's easy to do nothing and hope for the best.

OK I've changed it.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 15:16 - Dec 13 with 1697 viewsvetchonian

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 14:32 - Dec 13 by NotLoyal

I'm personally not interested overspending, who would. But reading stuff on this thread reminds me of the nonsense I heard post 1997.
Falling for it again.

I m with you on this I wasnt defending Birch or the Yanks just trying to put things in perspective and I also think this knock the Trust shit about not putting in money they havent a "pot to P1ss in! in reality post Petty an ownership model was established at none of the shareholder to my knowledge were putting monies in following their initial investments thouogh Martin Morgan did lend the club monies to assist with cash flow....
Personally Im getting peed off with the whole thing.....those of us who grew up in the vetch have had different experiences ......yes the PL was great at its heyday but to be honest the current feeling around the club for me is worse than when we were languishihng in the old Div 4......in those days we had low expectations!!!! Unfortunately things change and boy have they changed we wont see the times we had from 2010 to 2013 as we will never get a club owned by the fans ....not unless I get abiggee on the Euro lottery!!!!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:24 - Dec 13 with 1599 viewsmonmouth

Barring a miracle season, my expectation is that we will eventually drift back down the leagues. It may take a while but the wheel always turns for clubs like ours (and the Burnleys, Bournemouths and Cardiffs of this world too) and the direction of travel is fairly clear. Just not enough interest when things go badly to keep your name off the random bullet in the chamber.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:53 - Dec 13 with 1570 views34dfgdf54

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:24 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Barring a miracle season, my expectation is that we will eventually drift back down the leagues. It may take a while but the wheel always turns for clubs like ours (and the Burnleys, Bournemouths and Cardiffs of this world too) and the direction of travel is fairly clear. Just not enough interest when things go badly to keep your name off the random bullet in the chamber.

Completely agree. I just hope it doesn’t get as bad as it did during the Petty days where we are fighting for our life to stay in football league.

I don’t see us sustaining at this level with these owners.
Login to get fewer ads

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 19:24 - Dec 13 with 1537 viewsthornabyswan

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:53 - Dec 13 by 34dfgdf54

Completely agree. I just hope it doesn’t get as bad as it did during the Petty days where we are fighting for our life to stay in football league.

I don’t see us sustaining at this level with these owners.

Yep but I think they will be gone after thel last parachute payment will sell any players of value Celina Roberts and Rodon.
Chuck in the training facilities then we will be bought cheap as chips and go again.

Sleep well Jenkins Morgan Dineen Cloggs Davies not that any of them give a toss.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 20:09 - Dec 13 with 1504 viewsPentyrchJack

I hope he completes his root and branch review of the club before he leaves.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 20:12 - Dec 13 with 1500 viewsBadlands

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 14:32 - Dec 13 by NotLoyal

Falling for it again.

Nothing like 1997.
Get a grip.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:56 - Dec 13 with 1421 viewsParsSwans

I have got to know Trevor quite well and the work he is doing behind the scenes is fantastic really fantastic to be honest. He personally invited myself and my fiancée to be special guests at Millwall and when there found out he put on a special day for 25 Swansea season ticket fans over aged of 90 where they were treated to co-operate hospitality normally costing 620 quid each. The work he is doing to get everybody United which Jenkins and yanks destroyed is commendable. Very honest and he can only deal with the hand he has been given.
Swans fans are as much to blame as anyone at moment with their constant negativity yes there is plenty to be disappointed about however fans are not realistic with our current plight and situation
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 22:15 - Dec 13 with 1389 viewsDarran

He works for Yanks. Don’t trust him sorry.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 02:10 - Dec 14 with 1330 viewsNotLoyal

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:56 - Dec 13 by ParsSwans

I have got to know Trevor quite well and the work he is doing behind the scenes is fantastic really fantastic to be honest. He personally invited myself and my fiancée to be special guests at Millwall and when there found out he put on a special day for 25 Swansea season ticket fans over aged of 90 where they were treated to co-operate hospitality normally costing 620 quid each. The work he is doing to get everybody United which Jenkins and yanks destroyed is commendable. Very honest and he can only deal with the hand he has been given.
Swans fans are as much to blame as anyone at moment with their constant negativity yes there is plenty to be disappointed about however fans are not realistic with our current plight and situation

I've agreed with many things you've said on here.

However, he invites you along as a special guest and he then becomes a good bloke?
Do you not see what he is doing here?

OK I've changed it.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 02:13 - Dec 14 with 1324 viewsNotLoyal

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 20:12 - Dec 13 by Badlands

Nothing like 1997.
Get a grip.

Really, then you have no idea how it all started.
what would you like me to take a grip of?

Altogether now
Johnny Hollins barmy army.
Its cloudy tomorrow, stick your head in one.

OK I've changed it.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:55 - Dec 14 with 1201 viewsParsSwans

NotLoyal, people that I was around that day spoke the same as I have seen him during his time here, honest transparent and hard working. He was placed in charge of a sinking ship and has stabilised us pretty well. Also I like him in terms is what he has done at other clubs got them out of real messes, when I worked for a fellow SPL team he done an incredible job at hearts and has delivered everywhere he has gone, in my opinion he has all the credentials to do well for us long term pure football man with financial expertise. Just hope he doesn’t get frustrated with yanks
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:27 - Dec 14 with 1168 viewspembsjack

He also paid for the Pembrokeshire Jacks coach to the Millwall game, its a sweetener to keep the fans happy, its not out of his back pocket. He's working for the Yanks, so what he says is totally different to what's really happening.
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:33 - Dec 14 with 1157 viewsFireboy2

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:55 - Dec 14 by ParsSwans

NotLoyal, people that I was around that day spoke the same as I have seen him during his time here, honest transparent and hard working. He was placed in charge of a sinking ship and has stabilised us pretty well. Also I like him in terms is what he has done at other clubs got them out of real messes, when I worked for a fellow SPL team he done an incredible job at hearts and has delivered everywhere he has gone, in my opinion he has all the credentials to do well for us long term pure football man with financial expertise. Just hope he doesn’t get frustrated with yanks

Re your last sentence, i hope the yanks dont take him for granted and respect the work he seems to be doing.
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:39 - Dec 14 with 1149 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Don't worry, he'll pop into a pub on the way to an away game very soon, put £50 behind the bar and that will buy him another few months of trust with a large number of our supporters.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 13:17 - Dec 14 with 1118 viewsjojaca

Only gripe I have with the yanks is they could have gambled more on last season to try and get straight back up. A club like ours if we don't go back up straight away it will probably take another 30 years for top flight football. I also thought we could have been more patient and command bigger fees for Fernandez, Ayew etc.

Even when you know, you never know?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 13:46 - Dec 14 with 1089 viewsSwanjaxs

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:39 - Dec 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Don't worry, he'll pop into a pub on the way to an away game very soon, put £50 behind the bar and that will buy him another few months of trust with a large number of our supporters.

And claim it back on expenses 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 13:49 - Dec 14 with 1087 viewsSwanjaxs

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 13:17 - Dec 14 by jojaca

Only gripe I have with the yanks is they could have gambled more on last season to try and get straight back up. A club like ours if we don't go back up straight away it will probably take another 30 years for top flight football. I also thought we could have been more patient and command bigger fees for Fernandez, Ayew etc.

"Only gripe"...

This has made me lolz

28 individual investors suckiing the bones dry 😂

Fair play

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 14:37 - Dec 14 with 1051 viewsTimTtam

I'm aware that we shouldn't be naive or gullible, but Birch can't take a trick on here. If he does something good then he's working for the yanks and creating positive PR to paint himself and the yanks in a better picture. If he does something bad then he's an incompetent prick who's leeching a salary from the club. He cannot win.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 17:18 - Dec 14 with 987 viewsNotLoyal

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 14:37 - Dec 14 by TimTtam

I'm aware that we shouldn't be naive or gullible, but Birch can't take a trick on here. If he does something good then he's working for the yanks and creating positive PR to paint himself and the yanks in a better picture. If he does something bad then he's an incompetent prick who's leeching a salary from the club. He cannot win.

As long as he pays for a few things everyone is happy then.

OK I've changed it.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 19:48 - Dec 14 with 932 viewsperplex

That's the keep a gullible fan base sweet part of the job mun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024