Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread 22:49 - Dec 26 with 24087 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 14:18]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 20:38 - Dec 29 with 1608 viewsWxmJax

I got off lightly. Went down Rotherslade with family instead. Sounded crap on the radio as we left Swansea to come home. Still be at Preston though.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 1368 viewssioni

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 20:01 - Dec 29 by monmouth

I normally calm down at home after a beer and realise I've over-reacted.

I'm actually getting more annoyed. I'm furious at turning out that dross against a team hat will be relegated, and trying to excuse or rationalise it.

I’ld give you a few pats of commiseration on the head, Mon, if only I weren’t so pissed off myself.
The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 22:25 - Dec 29 with 1309 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 19:13 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

Would love it if Surridge were recalled.

Me too, we might get a decent striker to replace him!
If we lose players they will be replaced ... maybe not of similar quality (e.g. Ayew) but they would be replaced.
Possibly no replacement for MVDH as we have three capable CDs and Cooper may well be another.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 1241 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 17:13 - Dec 29 by Highjack

We’ve had some proper shite teams over the years and I’ve always managed to enjoy it. I’m not enjoying this, whatever this is.

You haven't had a proper shite team In many a year, and that's the problem with many of our fans.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 22:55 - Dec 29 with 1236 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 22:25 - Dec 29 by Badlands

Me too, we might get a decent striker to replace him!
If we lose players they will be replaced ... maybe not of similar quality (e.g. Ayew) but they would be replaced.
Possibly no replacement for MVDH as we have three capable CDs and Cooper may well be another.

Sorry i had to laugh at your 'we might get a decent striker to replace him' quote.
The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 23:53 - Dec 29 with 1141 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 20:11 - Dec 29 by sainthelens

Exactly, more chance of me licking clotted cream off the arse of Carol Vorderman than winning that.

A lovely second prize though, eh 😉

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:05 - Dec 30 with 1116 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 23:53 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

A lovely second prize though, eh 😉

I'd make it last longer than 90 mins.
The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:22 - Dec 30 with 1095 viewsDJack

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 22:54 - Dec 29 by TNT

You haven't had a proper shite team In many a year, and that's the problem with many of our fans.

Agreed BUT Highjack has been around for many a year so it's not a problem for him so I suggest you adjust your thinking in THIS case.

Basically you are correct...but Highjack is also correct as he has been through some schit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:24 - Dec 30 with 1088 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:22 - Dec 30 by DJack

Agreed BUT Highjack has been around for many a year so it's not a problem for him so I suggest you adjust your thinking in THIS case.

Basically you are correct...but Highjack is also correct as he has been through some schit.

You are wrong.

That statement befits anyone of the last 45 years, myself included.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:25 - Dec 30 with 1086 viewsTimTtam

And now comes the time that we start drawing, at home, to Championship-League 1 yoyo clubs...

I couldn't watch it, but from reading posts here and on various websites etc, it sounds like we played with no intensity, and that Barnsley were awful (but should've lead had they not hit the post).

Either the players don't care, or Cooper is inept. I'm not sure which is true. Maybe both. Both parties need to wake up, quickly.

There's no way in hell we're getting promoted, even if we manage a miracle and finish 6th. We would get destroyed over 2 legs. I really hope we focus on the FA Cup like Potter made an effort to. It would be a great achievement for the club to make 3 consecutive FA Cup QFs. Plus we may be lucky enough to draw a big-6 club away and get some much needed cash.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:30 - Dec 30 with 1076 viewsDJack

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:24 - Dec 30 by TNT

You are wrong.

That statement befits anyone of the last 45 years, myself included.

Mate, if you have watched us over 45 years then you HAVE seen a worse team...you may have not seen a less COMMITED team but most definitely worse.

Not having a pop at you but context is everything.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 05:32 - Dec 30 with 974 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 00:30 - Dec 30 by DJack

Mate, if you have watched us over 45 years then you HAVE seen a worse team...you may have not seen a less COMMITED team but most definitely worse.

Not having a pop at you but context is everything.

Cusaks shower were memorably bad. He signed a 19 yr left back who got released after a trial at might Cheltenham, Mike Jackson.. shamone… Now that was a dark time.
Still THIS IS turgid shyte. Just because we have seen worse doesnt make this any more pleasant.
Cooper got the gig because he will work with what they give him. He isn't in any position to make any demands. Take Ayew out of this team and we all know what happens. Next season we will be circling the drain. They are extending the youngsters contracts. Cooper etc. So we can expect him to be starting next season.
SO we may be in L1 when the parachute payments dry up. Im guessing that's not unappealing to the owners. Theres also a reasonable chance of promotion from L1. Either way its going to get (more) ugly from here on in.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 5:39]

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 09:09 - Dec 30 with 840 viewsepaul

What perplexed me yesterday was the decision to bring Routs on and play him up front and not switch him with Ayew???????

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 09:17 - Dec 30 with 827 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 09:09 - Dec 30 by epaul

What perplexed me yesterday was the decision to bring Routs on and play him up front and not switch him with Ayew???????

That is scary Paul, cooper makes some baffling decisions, it really does show up his inexperience.
The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 09:52 - Dec 30 with 799 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City v Barnsley FC Match Thread on 09:09 - Dec 30 by epaul

Yes, that was bizarre to say the least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024