Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't get Winters anymore..! 22:50 - Jan 7 with 4591 viewsBrynCartwright

So far this 'Winter', in the 'Bont', there hasn't been any ice, let alone snow to speak of; and this goes back at least 6 years.

Only interminable weeks of grey skies and pissing it down.

I know cold weather messes normal life up, but I would dearly love some weather like in my 70's and early 80's youth.

Winters should be Winters; which makes Spring and Summer so dear.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:07 - Jan 8 with 1079 viewsswan65split

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:03 - Jan 8 by dickythorpe

You are Derek Brockway!!!! He always says we have more chance of snow at Easter than Xmas

Dereks Pembroke dangler is a sight to see if truth be told . so its said.
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:14 - Jan 8 with 1060 viewsjack2jack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 18:51 - Jan 8 by Garyjack

Correct. Which is why i referred to the astronomical winter. From lifetime experience i have always found the weather to be colder with more chance of snow and easterly winds up until mid march rather than in December.

I remember one year we had snow in April, it killed an Acer tree we had out the garden. Not very interesting but true😀
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:42 - Jan 8 with 1023 viewsGaryjack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:14 - Jan 8 by jack2jack

I remember one year we had snow in April, it killed an Acer tree we had out the garden. Not very interesting but true😀

It's very interesting J2J. It's more proof that the astronomical winter is the true winter in the UK. Weather wise Autumn is generally October, November and December. And the months from April to Sept is the luck of the draw as in a good/great spring summer, or a shit one!
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:46 - Jan 8 with 1006 viewsexiledclaseboy

I hate winter. I’ll start cheering up around the end of January when the mornings start to get noticeably lighter earlier. March and April are the greatest months of the year. Spring. Love it.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 20:51]

Poll: Tory leader

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:46 - Jan 8 with 1006 viewsDr_Winston

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:42 - Jan 8 by Garyjack

It's very interesting J2J. It's more proof that the astronomical winter is the true winter in the UK. Weather wise Autumn is generally October, November and December. And the months from April to Sept is the luck of the draw as in a good/great spring summer, or a shit one!

My granny always used to say that January and February were the months for snow.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:49 - Jan 8 with 997 viewsNogginthenog

It'll be permanent winter once we get brexit done
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:55 - Jan 8 with 987 viewsjack2jack

There is a definite shift in the seasons as you say,January seems bloody endless, have we even seen any sunshine. We've had to move some of our plants in the house near to the windows, as they were dying. I defo need some rays, it's too fooking gloomy and depression, it's like living in Eeyore's ear ffs
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:58 - Jan 8 with 979 viewsjack2jack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:46 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

I hate winter. I’ll start cheering up around the end of January when the mornings start to get noticeably lighter earlier. March and April are the greatest months of the year. Spring. Love it.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 20:51]

Nice cuppa tea and a chat , that'll cheer you up
Login to get fewer ads

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:58 - Jan 8 with 978 viewsexiledclaseboy

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:58 - Jan 8 by jack2jack

Nice cuppa tea and a chat , that'll cheer you up

I’m up for it but it’ll cost ya.

Poll: Tory leader

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:59 - Jan 8 with 972 viewsjack2jack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 20:58 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

I’m up for it but it’ll cost ya.

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 21:05 - Jan 8 with 966 viewsDarran

Daffs in Devon yesterday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 21:10 - Jan 8 with 952 viewsjack2jack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 21:05 - Jan 8 by Darran

Daffs in Devon yesterday.

Been very mild, noticed the other weekend, that we already have some buds on a few of our shrubs out the back. 🌳
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 898 viewslifelong

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 21:10 - Jan 8 by jack2jack

Been very mild, noticed the other weekend, that we already have some buds on a few of our shrubs out the back. 🌳

Even the birds are confused, Blue Tits very active, pairing up and looking in the nest boxes...very early.
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 09:41 - Jan 11 with 805 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 08:54 - Jan 8 by swan65split

Fully agree with you , 40 years ago I was on strike and opted for the night spots as I had 1 young child and my wife was expecting, froze my rollocks everytime and was wrapped up like Scott of the Antarctic .

We came home early from a holiday late September as it started to rain, don't think its stopped since. A good cod spell is needed.

That would sort the plaice out . Ok , coat and hat please ......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 09:53 - Jan 11 with 787 viewsHighjack

It’s nearly the middle of January and temperatures have barely dipped into single figures yet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 09:53 - Jan 11 with 787 viewsfelixstowe_jack

March average temperatures are 5F higher than December. More proof that meterological Winter is the true winter. 1st December to 29th February this year.
Cant wait for 1st of March when it will be warm enough for the daffodils to be in bloom.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 10:16 - Jan 11 with 777 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 09:53 - Jan 11 by felixstowe_jack

March average temperatures are 5F higher than December. More proof that meterological Winter is the true winter. 1st December to 29th February this year.
Cant wait for 1st of March when it will be warm enough for the daffodils to be in bloom.

Daffodils are peeking through my lawn already.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 11:06 - Jan 11 with 746 viewsdickythorpe

Horrible windy and drizzly day down here and 9 degrees

What's it like in Gower?
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 11:09 - Jan 11 with 740 viewsJackfath

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 11:06 - Jan 11 by dickythorpe

Horrible windy and drizzly day down here and 9 degrees

What's it like in Gower?

Sunny, highs of 28 expected later, as is the norm for the snobby weekend millionaires that inhabit this part of South Wales.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 11:18 - Jan 11 with 726 viewsdickythorpe

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 11:09 - Jan 11 by Jackfath

Sunny, highs of 28 expected later, as is the norm for the snobby weekend millionaires that inhabit this part of South Wales.

As Brockway annoyingly says "sunshine and showers"
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 12:15 - Jan 11 with 716 viewsswan65split

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 10:16 - Jan 11 by JACKMANANDBOY

Cat crap on mine!
We don't get Winters anymore..! on 12:56 - Jan 11 with 707 viewsDJack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 10:16 - Jan 11 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well put some clothes on then!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 15:17 - Jan 11 with 662 viewsjojaca

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 12:56 - Jan 11 by DJack

Well put some clothes on then!

These allegedly warm winters must mean climate change. What's Greta's hotline number?

Even when you know, you never know?

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 15:31 - Jan 11 with 654 viewsDJack

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 15:17 - Jan 11 by jojaca

These allegedly warm winters must mean climate change. What's Greta's hotline number?

Climate change is a norm and that's a fact. Also the fact's demonstrate the current climate change is being driven by man made factors. Also if you think "These allegedly warm winters" you are off your head.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 15:57 - Jan 11 with 641 viewsjojaca

We don't get Winters anymore..! on 15:31 - Jan 11 by DJack

Climate change is a norm and that's a fact. Also the fact's demonstrate the current climate change is being driven by man made factors. Also if you think "These allegedly warm winters" you are off your head.

I am still waiting for the whole of UK to be under water from the scaremongering 20 years ago.

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024