Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Gallagher 09:42 - Jan 14 with 18552 viewsSwansea93

Linked to us, seems Chelsea are recalling him from Charlton to loan him back out, looked very impressive when I've seen him on the box, 6 goals for Charlton.

Us, QPR, Rangers, West Brom & Millwall all linked.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Conor Gallagher on 00:07 - Jan 18 with 2663 viewsDJack

Conor Gallagher on 23:30 - Jan 17 by WAFU

Powder puff and too lightweight. Another Tom carol

You really try too hard.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Conor Gallagher on 00:13 - Jan 18 with 2650 viewslonglostjack

Conor Gallagher on 00:07 - Jan 18 by DJack

You really try too hard.

Doesn’t he just. Twaat.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Conor Gallagher on 09:25 - Jan 18 with 2484 viewsDr_Winston

Conor Gallagher on 12:19 - Jan 17 by KGriz16

Very true. Apologies all around including Dr. Winston.

I just don't believe the two should be compared.

No apology needed.

The point I was making is that there's a massive difference between being a coach following requirements in a structure, whether that be in youth development or as an assistant, and being a manager. It's a gap not all talented coaches can bridge. You need something extra to succeed when all the pressure and expectation is on your shoulders.

Cooper is clearly a talented coach. He wouldn't have got as far as he has with the reputation he does if he wasn't. Remains to be seen if he's got what it takes to make that next step.

A manager like Ancelotti isn't going to keep Clement around just for the sake of it. He had to see him as adding something important to the mix, and Clement had done plenty of coaching at all levels before they teamed up. It's not an unfair comparison IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Conor Gallagher on 17:48 - Jan 18 with 2323 viewsthornabyswan

Impressive debut going to be a good player for us.
Loads of energy made a big difference to our midfield he will do well for us.

Linked up wel with Brewster.

Feeling confident for the rest of the season.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 17:52]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Conor Gallagher on 17:52 - Jan 18 with 2297 viewskrunchykarrot

Conor Gallagher on 17:48 - Jan 18 by thornabyswan

Impressive debut going to be a good player for us.
Loads of energy made a big difference to our midfield he will do well for us.

Linked up wel with Brewster.

Feeling confident for the rest of the season.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 17:52]

Got us going forward a lot quicker, gave the ball away a few times due to players not being used to his style, excellent debut and equally impressive engine.
Conor Gallagher on 17:57 - Jan 18 with 2266 viewsjackrabbit

Conor Gallagher on 17:52 - Jan 18 by krunchykarrot

Got us going forward a lot quicker, gave the ball away a few times due to players not being used to his style, excellent debut and equally impressive engine.

So that’s what a creative midfielder who can see and make a killer pass, and a striker who can move into space and finish, looks like. I’d forgotten.
Conor Gallagher on 18:30 - Jan 18 with 2153 viewskrunchykarrot

Conor Gallagher on 17:57 - Jan 18 by jackrabbit

So that’s what a creative midfielder who can see and make a killer pass, and a striker who can move into space and finish, looks like. I’d forgotten.

Yes he forced players first half into space, the 9 looks like he will score for fun if he gets the service. We looked like a Premier league side for 10mins first half, identified when to press and did it well, unfortunately they slipped out and scored. CM not sure which one MIA Cooper must have been fuming.

But fair play pulled it back and won.
Conor Gallagher on 19:09 - Jan 18 with 2065 viewsWAFU

Conor Gallagher on 17:57 - Jan 18 by jackrabbit

It’s 1 game m8, against a poor Wigan side who have only won once away in 18 games. Calm yourself down. Pretty sure Canas played well on his debut...
Login to get fewer ads

Conor Gallagher on 19:10 - Jan 18 with 2054 viewsLeonWasGod

He was ok wasn’t he? If anything could do with a bit more belief, as there were a couple of times he could have gone alone. Lovely vision and quick feet for the assist. Quiet for large spells, but that’s not a problem if you can create a goal out of nowhere.
Conor Gallagher on 19:15 - Jan 18 with 2035 viewsairedale

Must have been great for young Gallagher today, coming from a situation where he was [apparently] carrying Charlton, to one where he only needs to pick up a bit of speed, after which he'll fit right in.
Conor Gallagher on 19:26 - Jan 18 with 1978 viewsmonmouth

Conor Gallagher on 09:25 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

No apology needed.

The point I was making is that there's a massive difference between being a coach following requirements in a structure, whether that be in youth development or as an assistant, and being a manager. It's a gap not all talented coaches can bridge. You need something extra to succeed when all the pressure and expectation is on your shoulders.

Cooper is clearly a talented coach. He wouldn't have got as far as he has with the reputation he does if he wasn't. Remains to be seen if he's got what it takes to make that next step.

A manager like Ancelotti isn't going to keep Clement around just for the sake of it. He had to see him as adding something important to the mix, and Clement had done plenty of coaching at all levels before they teamed up. It's not an unfair comparison IMO.

Is he a talented coach though? I think the jury is out. At international level the players are basically coached elsewhere and his job was to pick a team already the most talented and top club coached English youngsters, and press them into a playing style that got results in cup tie football. I’m not decrying his success, and I don’t know how much impact he had on the likes of Stirling, but he is still totally unproven in my eyes at managing, coaching or kettle boiling at any significant level. We have taken a massive gamble and, after 28 games are still no nearer knowing if it will work. I’m still to see an improvement in any single player or convincing in game tactics and strategies. We’re getting the points but so were Monk and Clement for a while.

I’m so happy with this result today though, and Charlton come to that (two real banana skins) and really hoping he can build on it in the testing time ahead.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Conor Gallagher on 19:38 - Jan 18 with 1936 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Much more to come from Gallagher as he gets used to his team mates. Nice to see a midfielder get forward, even ahead of the striker at times. Probably had as many touches in and around the opposition penalty area as the rest of our midfield have had in a dozen games.

Will be very useful as he gels with the others.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Conor Gallagher on 19:42 - Jan 18 with 1903 viewsSwansea93

Great assist for Brewster today

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Conor Gallagher on 19:44 - Jan 18 with 1890 viewsTNT

Another one who is here to stir and get off on a reaction.

Yawn, boring WAFUkc

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Conor Gallagher on 19:57 - Jan 18 with 1817 viewsepaul

The boy is mustard, he's gone be all Beckham ever was and then some

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Conor Gallagher on 20:07 - Jan 18 with 1777 viewsFireboy2

Conor Gallagher on 19:44 - Jan 18 by TNT

Another one who is here to stir and get off on a reaction.

Yawn, boring WAFUkc

Dont rise to the pr!ck matey.
Conor Gallagher on 20:11 - Jan 18 with 1760 viewsTNT

Conor Gallagher on 20:07 - Jan 18 by Fireboy2

Dont rise to the pr!ck matey.

It's his own pr!ck that's rising, mwsh.

Conor Gallagher on 20:11 - Jan 18 with 1759 viewsOldjack

Had a good game today ,I like him and he'll improve

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Conor Gallagher on 20:14 - Jan 18 with 1733 viewsTNT

Conor Gallagher on 20:11 - Jan 18 by Oldjack

Had a good game today ,I like him and he'll improve

Agree mate, game time and he'll be better than we've got.

Conor Gallagher on 20:17 - Jan 18 with 1713 viewsTNT

...and if we are promoted these young acquisitions may stay and be first choice Premier League players.

Conor Gallagher on 21:24 - Jan 18 with 1516 viewsPentyrchJack

Though he did very well today on his first start against Wigan. Good balance, plays off both feet and moves well. Gets forward too. A promising debut.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Conor Gallagher on 22:16 - Jan 18 with 1405 viewsSTID2017

Very impressed with Gallagher and Brewster today.
Early days, but possibly the best loan signings since Sinclair and Gylfi.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Conor Gallagher on 22:43 - Jan 18 with 1322 viewsjackrabbit

Conor Gallagher on 19:09 - Jan 18 by WAFU

It’s 1 game m8, against a poor Wigan side who have only won once away in 18 games. Calm yourself down. Pretty sure Canas played well on his debut...

You sound like you like a good moan.😖
Conor Gallagher on 22:55 - Jan 18 with 1280 viewsPegojack

Conor Gallagher on 22:16 - Jan 18 by STID2017

Very impressed with Gallagher and Brewster today.
Early days, but possibly the best loan signings since Sinclair and Gylfi.

Only saw the minute of highlights on Quest EFL but thought both lads looked good. So did the pundits. Very encouraging.
Conor Gallagher on 22:58 - Jan 18 with 1264 viewsTNT

Conor Gallagher on 22:55 - Jan 18 by Pegojack

Only saw the minute of highlights on Quest EFL but thought both lads looked good. So did the pundits. Very encouraging.

We're gonna kick on mate... and the sooner the moaning feckers on here get behind us, the sooner we can make it happen. JACKARMY!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024