Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallagher 14:36 - Jan 15 with 8401 viewsSWANSEYE

Just been mentioned on Sky Sports . . ."Conor Gallagher has completed his medical at Swansea City and his loan move from Chelsea is likely to be confirmed later this afternoon"
Gallagher on 16:53 - Jan 15 with 2732 viewsbuilthjack

Didn't we know this days ago?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gallagher on 17:07 - Jan 15 with 2640 viewsJackfath

Gallagher on 16:53 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Didn't we know this days ago?

You may have, but then again you are in the know.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gallagher on 18:18 - Jan 15 with 2524 viewsploppy

Gallagher on 16:39 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

Who does he play instead of?

Anyone in our midfield.
Gallagher on 18:40 - Jan 15 with 2458 viewsperplex

Now this is a youngster who has proven he can compete at senior level and so far looks pretty decent, quite pleased with this loan deal, as long as he is not to tired because Charlton played him a lot without giving him much rest time.
Gallagher on 20:43 - Jan 15 with 2351 viewsbuilthjack

Gallagher on 17:07 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

You may have, but then again you are in the know.

Indeed

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gallagher on 20:50 - Jan 15 with 2326 viewsdna

Gallagher on 18:40 - Jan 15 by perplex

Now this is a youngster who has proven he can compete at senior level and so far looks pretty decent, quite pleased with this loan deal, as long as he is not to tired because Charlton played him a lot without giving him much rest time.

I know it's 'old ground'- he's 19 FFS, tired ??? Bless him

On a more important point, he's on 8 bookings, so doesn't mind putting his foot in - just what we need !!!
Gallagherthe on 20:51 - Jan 15 with 2320 viewsdameedna

Couldnt be a better player to sign within reason. He was outstanding against us where he ran for 90 minutes and constantly posed a threat. With any luck he will form a close partnership with Rhianna. From what I have seen he doesnt lose the ball and works as hard as Grimes if not harder. Big upgrade. Will be a huge hit here I feel certain. Hopefully not the kiss of death. No pressure lol.
Gallagherthe on 21:16 - Jan 15 with 2247 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gallagherthe on 20:51 - Jan 15 by dameedna

Couldnt be a better player to sign within reason. He was outstanding against us where he ran for 90 minutes and constantly posed a threat. With any luck he will form a close partnership with Rhianna. From what I have seen he doesnt lose the ball and works as hard as Grimes if not harder. Big upgrade. Will be a huge hit here I feel certain. Hopefully not the kiss of death. No pressure lol.

Aye, but what if Rhianna doesn’t fancy him.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Gallagherthe on 21:23 - Jan 15 with 2224 viewsjasper_T

Gallagherthe on 20:51 - Jan 15 by dameedna

Whoscored stats say he's got a worse pass % than Grimes, Byers, Dhanda and Carroll at 78%. Less successful tackles per game than Grimes (equal with Byers) but twice as many fouls, does attempt a similar number of tackles but a lower success rate. Dribbled past more regularly than our midfield options.

It's not a knock to be worse than Grimes defensively, though. One of the best performing midfielders in the division in terms of his defensive contribution; tackling, interceptions etc. Consistently undervalued in that respect by our fans.

Be interesting to see how Gallagher directly compares with them in the same team.
Gallagher on 21:29 - Jan 15 with 2205 viewsgrabsplatter

Gallagher on 16:22 - Jan 15 by Luther27

Is this the lad Derby tried to kick off the pitch.....and ended up with bleeding ankles after one such tackle?

Yes, he's the one, Derby player sent off for a bad tackle on him. Very promising.
Gallagher on 21:44 - Jan 15 with 2151 viewsHighjack

Whoops. Poor Nick.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gallagher on 07:33 - Jan 16 with 1858 viewsWAFU

If he’s so good how come none of the big boys have come in for him???
Gallagher on 07:41 - Jan 16 with 1836 viewsFireboy2

Gallagher on 07:33 - Jan 16 by WAFU

If he’s so good how come none of the big boys have come in for him???

Warning Warning PL fan in attendance.
Gallagher on 08:04 - Jan 16 with 1808 viewsexiledinenglandjack

A great signing! Hopefully we can move on some of the fringe players, to be fair to Birch, he said we’d make some moves in January if we were there or thereabouts in the playoff mix and the club has delivered. A shot in the arm to the existing squad too.
Gallagher on 08:52 - Jan 16 with 1751 viewssainthelens

Gallagher on 08:04 - Jan 16 by exiledinenglandjack

A great signing! Hopefully we can move on some of the fringe players, to be fair to Birch, he said we’d make some moves in January if we were there or thereabouts in the playoff mix and the club has delivered. A shot in the arm to the existing squad too.

Any thoughts on reaching the play offs still evolves on wether Ayew stays or goes.
Gallagher on 09:38 - Jan 16 with 1672 viewsKerouac

I remember him playing for Charlton down the Liberty.

I really liked him, he stood out in a shite Charlton midfield.
He ran and ran and ran, never gave up fighting (despite us totally dominating). When he got on the ball he always looked to do the positive thing, I turned to my lad and said "we're going to have to keep an eye on him".
I remember late in the game Charlton had a throw in on their left in our half. It was a chance for them to attack if they took it quick. He made himself available and the player taking didn't throw it, he then got marked. He lost his marker one way (the throw in still wasn't taken), he then lost his marker completely, circled the area and got into a more forward position to receive the ball and the Charlton player opted to throw it back to his full-back instead...Gallagher threw his hands up in disgust and went "facking hell!".
I laughed like f*ck as I knew exactly how he felt. He was a good player in a poor team and he looked so frustrated to me.

I had no idea he was on loan to them or that he was a Chelsea youngster.
All in all I would be surprised if he didn't improve our midfield (who are a bunch of f*cking pansies let's be honest).

Good signing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Gallagher on 14:30 - Jan 16 with 1424 viewsJack123

Interesting

libera nos a malo

Gallagher on 14:37 - Jan 16 with 1409 viewsSwanjaxs

Gallagher on 14:30 - Jan 16 by Jack123

Interesting

Bye bye academy 👍

We all knew this was going to happen when "Chairman Birch" alluded to our academy in his programme notes a month back.

Next level

Fùck you Jenkins

#yanksout
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 14:39]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Gallagher on 15:20 - Jan 16 with 1336 viewsjasper_T

Gallagher on 14:37 - Jan 16 by Swanjaxs

Bye bye academy 👍

We all knew this was going to happen when "Chairman Birch" alluded to our academy in his programme notes a month back.

Next level

Fùck you Jenkins

#yanksout
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 14:39]

Most of our fans will be loving it. The chance to see Chelsea youngsters here instead of local ones will have them up off their seats.
Gallagher on 15:38 - Jan 16 with 1303 viewsHighjack

Gallagher on 14:30 - Jan 16 by Jack123

Interesting

If only we had done this a few years ago they could have sent us De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gallagher on 15:39 - Jan 16 with 1301 viewsthornabyswan

Gallagher on 15:20 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Most of our fans will be loving it. The chance to see Chelsea youngsters here instead of local ones will have them up off their seats.

Chelsea have 26 players currently out on loan.
So lots of clubs using their players.

Its all about having a balance for me but if the loan players can help us get to the Play offs then surely it is a good thing.

If the likes of Cullen and Evans are good enough they will get their chance just like Mcburnie James Cabango and Rodon have.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 15:43]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Gallagher on 15:40 - Jan 16 with 1297 viewssainthelens

Gallagher on 15:38 - Jan 16 by Highjack

If only we had done this a few years ago they could have sent us De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku.

We'd have had em in defence.
Gallagher on 15:44 - Jan 16 with 1288 viewsmonmouth

Gallagher on 15:20 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

No youngsters should be in the team unless they are good enough, and we will be snookered if one turns out to be crap as we'll have to play him.

You can bet as well that they will also get on the cheap first dibs on the next Ben Davies/Dan James if there ever is another. Feeder club in all but name if this is fully implemented. I think many championship clubs will end up down this route though. Self funding in this league with any promotion ambition is tricky. It's what happens if promoted that becomes more interesting.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gallagher on 15:58 - Jan 16 with 1257 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Gallagher on 16:34 - Jan 15 by Swanjaxs

Christ on a bike!!!!

Happy bunch of fàçkers today ain't you...

He's a decent addition, Brewster could be great too?
Gallagher on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 1243 viewsthornabyswan

Gallagher on 15:44 - Jan 16 by monmouth

No youngsters should be in the team unless they are good enough, and we will be snookered if one turns out to be crap as we'll have to play him.

You can bet as well that they will also get on the cheap first dibs on the next Ben Davies/Dan James if there ever is another. Feeder club in all but name if this is fully implemented. I think many championship clubs will end up down this route though. Self funding in this league with any promotion ambition is tricky. It's what happens if promoted that becomes more interesting.

Good post no point picking our youngsters to the detriment of the first team.

Its obvious we are struggling financially and these loan moves make good sense as it improves the team without breaking the bank.

Birch is using his Chelsea connections Cooper his England ones the club need to be applauded for this.

It bridges the financial gap until the summer when like Leon said the major restructuring will be done.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024