Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alistair Stewart 18:49 - Jan 29 with 6159 viewsblackpooljack

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what has happened
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 18:52]
Alistair Stewart on 17:41 - Jan 30 with 1152 viewsmonmouth

Alistair Stewart on 12:09 - Jan 30 by Highjack

People, society, Twitter. They’re all drivers of each other. And you are right, it’s the people on there, not the actual platform. But the platform gives... well a platform for the worst people in society. There’s always an army of people lurking on there waiting for the slightest slip up, then they pounce. And nobody is safe, no matter how “woke” you are. They’ll cannibalise their own. You have people losing their jobs and careers over the slightest mistake. It just doesn’t seem worth it, particularly if you’re well known and have a lot to lose.

Obviously in hindsight that Shakespeare quote is a pretty stupid one to use but there’s clearly and obviously no attempt to be racist. The Ape similie refers to low intelligence, not race. Context is irrelevant these days.

I'm with you on this. Why on earth does anyone bother with shit like tw@tter and w*nkbook? Waste of time, life and can always end badly in a heartbeat with the psychotic turds that pollute the internet.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Alistair Stewart on 17:44 - Jan 30 with 1150 viewsLohengrin

Alistair Stewart on 17:41 - Jan 30 by Darran

She’s a fibber. Typical woman say anything just to win an argument.

She’d only have to smile at me and I’d cave.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Alistair Stewart on 17:45 - Jan 30 with 1140 viewsDarran

Alistair Stewart on 17:44 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

She’d only have to smile at me and I’d cave.

👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Alistair Stewart on 17:47 - Jan 30 with 1133 viewsLohengrin

Alistair Stewart on 17:45 - Jan 30 by Darran

👀

Putty, I’m sorry to say, nothing more...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Alistair Stewart on 17:56 - Jan 30 with 1113 viewslondonlisa2001

Alistair Stewart on 17:29 - Jan 30 by Darran

Post the thread.

Just have.
Alistair Stewart on 17:59 - Jan 30 with 1111 viewsCatullus

I'm with Monmouth, why bother with Twitter or any of the other platforms, full of screaming, permanently offended types who would find offence in having a door held open for them.

We have a friend (white) who was married to a black man, they had a son. Now the mother calls her mixed race son "my little chocolate drop" and she was overheard in a shop calling him chocolate drop...can you guess the rest?

Yes, she was accused of being racist.

It doesn't matter the intent (as someone said) anyone could be on the end of an accusation of any kind of 'ism' because it's not the mouth it comes out of, it's the mind it goes into. These days an accusation seems to be as good as judge and jury and lives are ruined because of it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alistair Stewart on 18:10 - Jan 30 with 1090 viewsDarran

Alistair Stewart on 17:59 - Jan 30 by Catullus

I'm with Monmouth, why bother with Twitter or any of the other platforms, full of screaming, permanently offended types who would find offence in having a door held open for them.

We have a friend (white) who was married to a black man, they had a son. Now the mother calls her mixed race son "my little chocolate drop" and she was overheard in a shop calling him chocolate drop...can you guess the rest?

It doesn't matter the intent (as someone said) anyone could be on the end of an accusation of any kind of 'ism' because it's not the mouth it comes out of, it's the mind it goes into. These days an accusation seems to be as good as judge and jury and lives are ruined because of it.

Why bother with Planetswans. What’s stopping a human being writing on here what they write on Twitter then? There are some very interesting things on Twitter I love the nature and music items it all depends what you follow.

It’s not twitter that’s writing the posts it’s people,you and Monmouth are wrong.

Alistair Stewart on 19:34 - Jan 30 with 1035 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alistair Stewart on 17:59 - Jan 30 by Catullus

@dhotya

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Alistair Stewart on 19:39 - Jan 30 with 1026 viewsDarran

Alistair Stewart on 19:34 - Jan 30 by exiledclaseboy

@dhotya

Alistair Stewart on 20:17 - Jan 30 with 997 viewsCatullus

Alistair Stewart on 18:10 - Jan 30 by Darran

Why bother with Planetswans. What’s stopping a human being writing on here what they write on Twitter then? There are some very interesting things on Twitter I love the nature and music items it all depends what you follow.

It’s not twitter that’s writing the posts it’s people,you and Monmouth are wrong.

Why bother, well this is a very much smaller group of posters than Twitter but there is a common interest at least. That said people post all sorts of obnoxious things on here, heck recently someone even managed to get banned from twitter!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alistair Stewart on 20:27 - Jan 30 with 985 viewsNeath_Jack

You've got laugh at the irony of the posters on here damning Twitter or Facebook (social media), them being planet swans (social media) posting whores

Twitter is absolutely incredible, I've been on there for 11 years and never have i had someone crying that I've offended them, or threatened to box my ears in. Stick your profile on private and just follow those who tickle your fancy. Rocket surgery it isn't.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Alistair Stewart on 20:30 - Jan 30 with 978 viewsDarran

Alistair Stewart on 20:27 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

You've got laugh at the irony of the posters on here damning Twitter or Facebook (social media), them being planet swans (social media) posting whores

Twitter is absolutely incredible, I've been on there for 11 years and never have i had someone crying that I've offended them, or threatened to box my ears in. Stick your profile on private and just follow those who tickle your fancy. Rocket surgery it isn't.

Another great post.

Alistair Stewart on 21:00 - Jan 30 with 952 viewsexiledclaseboy

Most of the outrage comes from people being outraged at other people being outraged about something else. People are weird.

Poll: Tory leader

Alistair Stewart on 21:23 - Jan 30 with 930 viewswaynekerr55

This, or just block people you don't like

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Alistair Stewart on 21:32 - Jan 30 with 921 viewsNeath_Jack

Scouse and Scottish twitter is funny as f*ck on there too.

The Welsh are too busy arguing about flags and independence on there lately

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Alistair Stewart on 21:55 - Jan 30 with 903 viewsDarran

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/01/30/the-shameful-attack-on-alastair-stewart

Alistair Stewart on 22:01 - Jan 30 with 895 viewsjack247

Alistair Stewart on 17:41 - Jan 30 by monmouth

I'm with you on this. Why on earth does anyone bother with shit like tw@tter and w*nkbook? Waste of time, life and can always end badly in a heartbeat with the psychotic turds that pollute the internet.

Facebook, for all its critics, is a fantastic way of keeping in touch with people who have moved away, or rekindling friendships with people you haven’t seen for years and without it, possibly would never see again. I don’t use Twitter, but can completely understand its appeal.

Not a dig at you by any means, but people who look down on social media platforms usually haven’t given them a try and are often quite closed minded.
Alistair Stewart on 06:53 - Jan 31 with 830 viewsGlyn1

Alistair Stewart on 21:55 - Jan 30 by Darran

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/01/30/the-shameful-attack-on-alastair-stewart

I see your link and raise you with a

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jan/30/alastair-stewart-itv-departure-reg

Martin Shapland is the only person who comes out of this with any credit. He would have accepted an apology, didn't want him sacked.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 6:54]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024