Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump cleared. 21:22 - Feb 5 with 13709 viewsItchySphincter

Abuse of power.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trump cleared. on 13:04 - Feb 6 with 1359 viewsProfessor

Trump cleared. on 22:49 - Feb 5 by pikeypaul

They said it was not an impeachable offence.

Anyway he’s been found not guilty, democrats are getting really desperate.

I see already democrats are saying he is guilty despite the verdict a bit like Corbyn and the rest of his loonies still claiming they won the last election.

It must be the new thing in politics to just pretend you won and do not actually accept the result .

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 6:44]

He his guilty as was Clinton. The composition of the the US legislature means although impeached, his trial (which had no real evidence) acquitted him of criminal activity.

Politics is nothing but a pit of snakes. Lying and cheating is increasingly prevalent even in science. But no surprise given our leaders.
Trump cleared. on 13:46 - Feb 6 with 1335 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump cleared. on 13:04 - Feb 6 by Professor

He his guilty as was Clinton. The composition of the the US legislature means although impeached, his trial (which had no real evidence) acquitted him of criminal activity.

Politics is nothing but a pit of snakes. Lying and cheating is increasingly prevalent even in science. But no surprise given our leaders.

It’s absolutely pointless discussing anything re Trump.

His fans excuse behaviour that would have seen them howling in outrage if it had been Obama.

Just the clip this week of him messing about while the anthem was played would have seen calls for Obama to be hung drawn and quartered if he had done anything remotely similar.
Trump cleared. on 13:59 - Feb 6 with 1306 viewsProfessor

Trump cleared. on 13:46 - Feb 6 by londonlisa2001

It’s absolutely pointless discussing anything re Trump.

His fans excuse behaviour that would have seen them howling in outrage if it had been Obama.

Just the clip this week of him messing about while the anthem was played would have seen calls for Obama to be hung drawn and quartered if he had done anything remotely similar.

I find it remarkable how he won office, given his conduct, history and adultery. Strange times as the disaffected around the world vote to make themselves poorer and have fewer rights.

And yes, many republicans would have had Obama impeached for less than 10% of what Trump has done. No wonder the late John McCain and now Mitt Romney have acted as decent men. For all GW Bush's faults he looks like Roosevelt or Kennedy in comparison. I think Obama's continued friendship with Bush tells us a little more. The US is great country, it does not need to return to some imagined 1950s bliss as the world has changed. Could say the same here too.
Trump cleared. on 14:01 - Feb 6 with 1303 viewsDarran

I still don’t care.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trump cleared. on 14:14 - Feb 6 with 1286 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 13:59 - Feb 6 by Professor

I find it remarkable how he won office, given his conduct, history and adultery. Strange times as the disaffected around the world vote to make themselves poorer and have fewer rights.

And yes, many republicans would have had Obama impeached for less than 10% of what Trump has done. No wonder the late John McCain and now Mitt Romney have acted as decent men. For all GW Bush's faults he looks like Roosevelt or Kennedy in comparison. I think Obama's continued friendship with Bush tells us a little more. The US is great country, it does not need to return to some imagined 1950s bliss as the world has changed. Could say the same here too.

You mention FDR there, holding him up as a democratic paragon. You must know that his behaviour during his second term provided a cast-iron case for impeachment? Elected by a landslide in 1940 on an isolationist ticket while simultaneously working assiduously and covertly to draw the US toward war. The archived documentation around that would have left him without a leg to stand on (excuse the pun!) I write that as a huge, huge admirer of FDR and his programme in the inter-war years.

The Kennedys? I don’t think you could have picked a worse collective if you wanted to highlight rectitude!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trump cleared. on 14:14 - Feb 6 with 1286 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trump's approval ratings up to around 50 percent this week, the Democrats are under pressure to field a decent candidate.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Trump cleared. on 14:16 - Feb 6 with 1283 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 14:14 - Feb 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Trump's approval ratings up to around 50 percent this week, the Democrats are under pressure to field a decent candidate.

That’s them finished then. Have you been following the Iowa debacle?

Trump cleared. on 14:39 - Feb 6 with 1272 viewsThrasher6

I'm all over Bloomberg. Backed him at all points down from 20/1...(now 7/1) ....the only viable candidate to take Trump out...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump cleared. on 14:46 - Feb 6 with 1265 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 14:39 - Feb 6 by Thrasher6

I'm all over Bloomberg. Backed him at all points down from 20/1...(now 7/1) ....the only viable candidate to take Trump out...

Michael Bloomberg? THE Michael Bloomberg, former Republican Mayor of New York and star of the documentary ‘Born Rich?’ A man for whom the epithet slippery, self-serving shyster could have been invented? That Michael Bloomberg?

Trump cleared. on 14:49 - Feb 6 with 1256 viewsHighjack

Trump cleared. on 14:46 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

Michael Bloomberg? THE Michael Bloomberg, former Republican Mayor of New York and star of the documentary ‘Born Rich?’ A man for whom the epithet slippery, self-serving shyster could have been invented? That Michael Bloomberg?

He sounds incredibly over qualified to me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trump cleared. on 14:50 - Feb 6 with 1255 viewsProfessor

Trump cleared. on 14:14 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

You mention FDR there, holding him up as a democratic paragon. You must know that his behaviour during his second term provided a cast-iron case for impeachment? Elected by a landslide in 1940 on an isolationist ticket while simultaneously working assiduously and covertly to draw the US toward war. The archived documentation around that would have left him without a leg to stand on (excuse the pun!) I write that as a huge, huge admirer of FDR and his programme in the inter-war years.

The Kennedys? I don’t think you could have picked a worse collective if you wanted to highlight rectitude!

Which just shows what we think of people is often not based in truth. JFK was a very naughty boy, took the US into a pointless war. As you say FDR’s faults are probably outweighed by his great acts. Both held us a great presidents. Could argue the same for Lincoln too. But DJT is in a class of his own. Will almost certainly win a second term-I think Warren is the only one with a sniff
Of a chance. The US is not New York and California.
Trump cleared. on 14:51 - Feb 6 with 1253 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trump cleared. on 14:16 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

That’s them finished then. Have you been following the Iowa debacle?

Sanders and Biden look like yesterday's men and more extreme left wing politics will not work for Warren. In many states Buttigieg will be hampered by his sexuality. Bloomberg has the money to challenge which in US politics is often decisive.
Bloomberg is 77, where do these people get their energy from?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 14:58]

Trump cleared. on 14:57 - Feb 6 with 1246 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 14:49 - Feb 6 by Highjack

He sounds incredibly over qualified to me.

Unfortunately for him he has the platform presence of a startled halibut. The giant satsuma will torment him during any head-to-head debates, pepper him with a crescendo of personal insults that will hit the mark with the all the accuracy and venom of body shots from a young Tyson at the top of his game.

It will be hilarious viewing mind for anybody who sees a hustings as a cross between a blood-sport and comic entertainment.

Trump cleared. on 14:57 - Feb 6 with 1244 viewsHighjack

Trump cleared. on 14:51 - Feb 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Sanders and Biden look like yesterday's men and more extreme left wing politics will not work for Warren. In many states Buttigieg will be hampered by his sexuality. Bloomberg has the money to challenge which in US politics is often decisive.

I’m not being agist here (ok perhaps I am) but if Biden or Sanders serve two terms they’ll both be pushing 90. Trump is nearly eighty too. It’s bonkers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Trump cleared. on 15:01 - Feb 6 with 1244 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 14:51 - Feb 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

The Democrats problem, insurmountable I think, is that they have strayed so far they have completely lost their original blue-collar constituency. They and Labour have a curiously tethered trans-Atlantic symbiosis.

Trump cleared. on 15:02 - Feb 6 with 1240 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trump cleared. on 14:57 - Feb 6 by Highjack

I’m not being agist here (ok perhaps I am) but if Biden or Sanders serve two terms they’ll both be pushing 90. Trump is nearly eighty too. It’s bonkers.

I have no issue with older politicians I just don't know how they have the energy.

Having said that Trump watches TV, eats hamburgers and plays on Twitter for half the day by all accounts.

Trump cleared. on 15:13 - Feb 6 with 1233 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trump cleared. on 15:01 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

The Democrats problem, insurmountable I think, is that they have strayed so far they have completely lost their original blue-collar constituency. They and Labour have a curiously tethered trans-Atlantic symbiosis.

Yes, genuine weakness in policy and personality on the left capitalised upon by a tight nationalistic campaign from the right, the left have to become more centralist to stand a chance.
I can't remember the source but I read an interesting view of the shrinking of the working class as an entity replaced by a widening of the middle class using factors such as access to higher education, car ownership, access to health services, foreign holidays etc which used to be indicators of middle class lifestyles.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:17]

Trump cleared. on 15:20 - Feb 6 with 1211 viewsThrasher6

Michael Bloomberg appeals to the centre....appeals to Americans that want a strong economy. He appeals to Wall Street...he will make a very good statesman. The brass reality for the Democrats is that Trump is getting back in. Their alternatives simply will not cut the mustard. The only one with any chance is Bloomberg. Period.

Edit: Sadly...as in the UK...the Left outright is a busted flush. Centre Left is the only way to reclaim power
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:24]

Trump cleared. on 15:21 - Feb 6 with 1206 viewsHighjack

Trump cleared. on 15:02 - Feb 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

I have no issue with older politicians I just don't know how they have the energy.

Having said that Trump watches TV, eats hamburgers and plays on Twitter for half the day by all accounts.

It’s just a sad fact of life that people in their eighties do deteriorate in certain aspects. Whethet it’s physical or mental it’s inevitable.

Trump cleared. on 15:27 - Feb 6 with 1197 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 15:13 - Feb 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, genuine weakness in policy and personality on the left capitalised upon by a tight nationalistic campaign from the right, the left have to become more centralist to stand a chance.
I can't remember the source but I read an interesting view of the shrinking of the working class as an entity replaced by a widening of the middle class using factors such as access to higher education, car ownership, access to health services, foreign holidays etc which used to be indicators of middle class lifestyles.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:17]

I’ve read similar but it doesn’t really take into account just how stubborn personal markers of identity are outside of academia. Take somebody like Bannon, despite the personal wealth he has accumulated as he’s roamed the landscape he still defines himself as of the working class; he takes pride in his Richmond, blue-collar origins and wears it on his sleeve.

Bannon, I think, uses blue-collar as a synonym for ‘rooted’ and tries to implant that in the public consciousness by both subtle and not so subtle means. Have you seen the slogan that’s gaining coinage in the Trump camp: “Are you an American or a Democrat?” That has Bannon written all over it.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:45]

Trump cleared. on 15:54 - Feb 6 with 1162 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trump cleared. on 15:27 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

I’ve read similar but it doesn’t really take into account just how stubborn personal markers of identity are outside of academia. Take somebody like Bannon, despite the personal wealth he has accumulated as he’s roamed the landscape he still defines himself as of the working class; he takes pride in his Richmond, blue-collar origins and wears it on his sleeve.

Bannon, I think, uses blue-collar as a synonym for ‘rooted’ and tries to implant that in the public consciousness by both subtle and not so subtle means. Have you seen the slogan that’s gaining coinage in the Trump camp: “Are you an American or a Democrat?” That has Bannon written all over it.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:45]

I interpret Bannon as being ambiguously inclusive in his words - saying things that the electorate he's identified can relate to and that are difficult to argue with. He knows many people take shortcuts in deciding about politics and makes those short cuts for them hence " Are you American or a Democrat".
It's simple even crude, how you get back to reasonable debate is difficult to see, but maybe that's not the issue and the intellect, intention and integrity of politicians is and attempts by politicians to control the media help the messaging and to avoid the scrutiny.

Trump cleared. on 16:01 - Feb 6 with 1157 viewsThrasher6

Sadly catchphrases work: I remember this doing the trick for the Tories in 79.....Get Brexit Done...they are basically over-simplistic tripe and appeal to the masses....but they work

Trump cleared. on 16:29 - Feb 6 with 1135 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trump cleared. on 16:01 - Feb 6 by Thrasher6

Sadly catchphrases work: I remember this doing the trick for the Tories in 79.....Get Brexit Done...they are basically over-simplistic tripe and appeal to the masses....but they work

I think what Bannon has done is to go beyond policies and parties and to target beliefs about who people are, and where they come from in the widest sense using nationalism.

Trump cleared. on 16:39 - Feb 6 with 1124 viewsHighjack

Trump cleared. on 16:01 - Feb 6 by Thrasher6

For the many not the few didn’t work.

Trump cleared. on 16:51 - Feb 6 with 1116 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Trump cleared. on 14:14 - Feb 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

49% according to Gallup, which is 4 points higher than when he was elected.

And that was before the State of the Union Address, which he knocked out of the park.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/trump-job-approval-personal-best.aspx

Still a long way to November, though. Personally, between now and then, I'm hoping to see the Republicans in Congress go on offense now regarding the Biden corruption and the Russian hoax.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024