Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump cleared. 21:22 - Feb 5 with 13727 viewsItchySphincter

Abuse of power.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trump cleared. on 16:53 - Feb 6 with 1467 viewsProfessor

Trump cleared. on 15:27 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

I’ve read similar but it doesn’t really take into account just how stubborn personal markers of identity are outside of academia. Take somebody like Bannon, despite the personal wealth he has accumulated as he’s roamed the landscape he still defines himself as of the working class; he takes pride in his Richmond, blue-collar origins and wears it on his sleeve.

Bannon, I think, uses blue-collar as a synonym for ‘rooted’ and tries to implant that in the public consciousness by both subtle and not so subtle means. Have you seen the slogan that’s gaining coinage in the Trump camp: “Are you an American or a Democrat?” That has Bannon written all over it.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 15:45]

I like that- yes, academics despite earning a top 10% salary cling on to the belief they are working class. Hence the support for more radical left-wing agenda. I am a bit averse to that-really relate to being what I am, middle class.
Trump cleared. on 16:56 - Feb 6 with 1457 viewshobo

Trump cleared. on 21:23 - Feb 5 by Flashberryjack

Never in any doubt.

This, What a waste of time by all concerned
Trump cleared. on 17:00 - Feb 6 with 1450 viewsexiledclaseboy

The acquittal has no bearing on Trump’s guilt or otherwise. It’s a numbers game. Everyone involved knew from the start that acquittal was going to be the final outcome. Same as when Clinton was impeached.

Poll: Tory leader

Trump cleared. on 17:06 - Feb 6 with 1439 viewsDarran

Trump cleared. on 17:00 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

The acquittal has no bearing on Trump’s guilt or otherwise. It’s a numbers game. Everyone involved knew from the start that acquittal was going to be the final outcome. Same as when Clinton was impeached.

Yep and a complete and utter waste of time,far more things to worry about too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trump cleared. on 17:11 - Feb 6 with 1425 viewsHighjack

Trump cleared. on 17:00 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

You have to wonder what they hoped they’d achieve from this?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trump cleared. on 17:14 - Feb 6 with 1425 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trump cleared. on 17:11 - Feb 6 by Highjack

Political capital. Whether it worked or not we probably won’t find out until November

Trump cleared. on 17:23 - Feb 6 with 1413 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 17:14 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

Political capital. Whether it worked or not we probably won’t find out until November

Political capital obviously. The Democrats wanted to keep Trump in the headlines but on their terms. They knew from the outset that there was zero chance of a conviction but rolled the dice anyway.

Its backfired badly. I’ve just been watching a strutting, crowing Trump address a Michigan rally. It’s a gift to him and he’s playing it to the maximum. “They can’t do anything right. They’re useless losers, sick people.” He’s doing impersonations of the leading Democrats stripping them of all morality and the crowd are lapping it up. It’s a mad act but you just know the opposition had just as well lie in the road, they’re getting steamrollered regardless.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trump cleared. on 17:30 - Feb 6 with 1400 viewsBest_loser

They had to impeach him, even knowing he would be aquitted by the Republican dominated senate, even knowing it might boost his base

They were duty bound

It was much much worse than watergate, if you don't impeach for what he did then what can you impeach for

Even the republicansturned against Nixon , this current lot would let him get away with anything
Login to get fewer ads

Trump cleared. on 18:10 - Feb 6 with 1370 viewslondonlisa2001

Sometimes you have to do things because they’re the right thing to do, whatever the likely outcome.

One day, the truth of what is happening over there will come out. It may not be soon, it may not even be within the lifetimes of the main players, but come out it will. And those that have facilitated it and cheered it will be judged and found wanting.
Trump cleared. on 18:18 - Feb 6 with 1360 viewsDarran

Trump cleared. on 18:10 - Feb 6 by londonlisa2001

Sometimes you have to do things because they’re the right thing to do, whatever the likely outcome.

One day, the truth of what is happening over there will come out. It may not be soon, it may not even be within the lifetimes of the main players, but come out it will. And those that have facilitated it and cheered it will be judged and found wanting.

They can dig them up and shout at them then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trump cleared. on 18:39 - Feb 6 with 1342 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 18:10 - Feb 6 by londonlisa2001

” Sometimes you have to do things because they’re the right thing to do...

Now that’s the sort of all-things-to-all-men statement that suggests to me that business’s gain has been politics loss all these years, Lis.

Trump cleared. on 18:49 - Feb 6 with 1334 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trump cleared. on 17:23 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

Political capital obviously. The Democrats wanted to keep Trump in the headlines but on their terms. They knew from the outset that there was zero chance of a conviction but rolled the dice anyway.

Its backfired badly. I’ve just been watching a strutting, crowing Trump address a Michigan rally. It’s a gift to him and he’s playing it to the maximum. “They can’t do anything right. They’re useless losers, sick people.” He’s doing impersonations of the leading Democrats stripping them of all morality and the crowd are lapping it up. It’s a mad act but you just know the opposition had just as well lie in the road, they’re getting steamrollered regardless.

I’ve just heard snippets of his rant. He’s deranged

Trump cleared. on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 1331 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 18:49 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

Beyond parody.

Trump cleared. on 18:53 - Feb 6 with 1321 viewsBLAZE

Trump cleared. on 18:39 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

” Sometimes you have to do things because they’re the right thing to do...

Now that’s the sort of all-things-to-all-men statement that suggests to me that business’s gain has been politics loss all these years, Lis.

Put your dick away, Enoch. She ain't interested.
Trump cleared. on 18:54 - Feb 6 with 1313 viewsLohengrin

Trump cleared. on 18:53 - Feb 6 by BLAZE

Trump cleared. on 18:55 - Feb 6 with 1305 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’d pay money to put Lisa and Lohengrin in a room together and just sit there and listen. I may even contribute occasionally if one of them stops for breath long enough to make it a possibility.

Trump cleared. on 19:12 - Feb 6 with 1281 viewsItchySphincter

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trump cleared. on 19:12 - Feb 6 with 1281 viewsFlashberryjack

Trump cleared. on 18:55 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

I’d pay money to put Lisa and Lohengrin in a room together and just sit there and listen. I may even contribute occasionally if one of them stops for breath long enough to make it a possibility.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trump cleared. on 19:15 - Feb 6 with 1275 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump cleared. on 18:55 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

We’d shout for a while, agree to disagree and put on some Handel opera which we’d enjoy happily with a glass of wine.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 19:17]
Trump cleared. on 19:16 - Feb 6 with 1272 viewslondonlisa2001

Trump cleared. on 20:17 - Feb 6 with 1225 viewsJackSomething

Trump cleared. on 17:23 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

That's his base though, they'd clap and cheer like deranged monkeys even if he shat in his hand and threw it at them. Just like Magic Grandpa's supporters over the past few years.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Trump cleared. on 20:28 - Feb 6 with 1210 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trump cleared. on 18:49 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

It is beyond belief, WWE stuff.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Trump cleared. on 20:34 - Feb 6 with 1203 viewsCatullus

Trump is a loud mothed goon, Bojo too come to that. That Trump was always going to survive this is enough of a tragedy, if he's guilty (by the evidence) he should have been found guilty regardless of party loyalty and anyone with relevant evidence should have been compelled to testify.
Justice has to apply to everybody but it doesn't and that's why we're on such a slippery slope.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Trump cleared. on 20:40 - Feb 6 with 1190 viewsHighjack

Trump cleared. on 20:28 - Feb 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

It is beyond belief, WWE stuff.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trump cleared. on 20:50 - Feb 6 with 1172 viewsNeath_Jack

You're on fire lately Blaze

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024