Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish election 16:38 - Feb 10 with 3333 viewsladyjack

Great news coming from Ireland, Sinn Fein have topped the poll for first choice picks, although they might not end up with the most seats due to not fielding as many candidates as the big two parties, it's possible game changer for the future of Ireland and the UK.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 16:54]
Irish election on 20:44 - Feb 11 with 946 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish election on 21:06 - Feb 10 by felixstowe_jack

Sinn fein and corbyn both support terrorism.

Are you stuck in 1981 ?

There has been peace for 20 years.

Soon there will be a border poll and then a united Ireland in Europe.
Boris and Brexit finally brole the union.

SIUBL.

Beware of the Risen People

Irish election on 21:31 - Feb 11 with 920 viewsCatullus

Irish election on 20:44 - Feb 11 by Kilkennyjack

Are you stuck in 1981 ?

There has been peace for 20 years.

Soon there will be a border poll and then a united Ireland in Europe.
Boris and Brexit finally brole the union.

SIUBL.

Yeah, there's been no terrorist activity in NI for years...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49690166

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Irish election on 22:50 - Feb 11 with 858 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish election on 21:31 - Feb 11 by Catullus

Yeah, there's been no terrorist activity in NI for years...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49690166

Feck me, you really are a bit simple if you believe the state broadcaster the BBC.
File under Royal babies, Royal holidays, and Royal birthday bollox.

Shirley you must agree that the international GFA was a huge achievement and lives have been saved on every side of the debate.
Its a good thing but sadly Brexit has disrupted that balance.

Well done Mr Blair and Mo.
Shame on you frog face Farage.

Irish election on 23:45 - Feb 11 with 839 viewsSlugster664

Irish election on 12:35 - Feb 11 by Ebo

Change the record, will you?

If it wasn't for a lefty like Mo Mowlam and advice from Corbyn there would still be trouble over there.

It grips your shit that the left achieved peace in Ireland - something your demagogues could not ever achieve.

So there's no trouble over there?

STID

Irish election on 23:57 - Feb 11 with 831 viewsNotLoyal

I've lived in Belfast for 17 years, right in the thick of it, I've got kids born and bred there, you know there's not a lot on here that comes from any position of personal experience or knowledge, it's astonishing some idiot in Swansea would even think its clever to comment on a country they have no experience of.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Irish election on 00:01 - Feb 12 with 826 viewsEbo

Irish election on 19:23 - Feb 11 by ItchySphincter

Why did this post get so many down votes? Sinn Fein is the political arm of the IRA.

Not any more.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Irish election on 09:54 - Feb 12 with 755 viewsBarrySwan

Irish election on 00:01 - Feb 12 by Ebo

Not any more.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ira-army-council-retain

Always reassuring to know that some strapper on a football message board knows more about a situation in Ireland than the local police and the Belfast Telegraph.

What would we do without some earnest Welsh nat to put us right on this subject?
Irish election on 10:08 - Feb 12 with 748 viewsKerouac

Irish election on 19:23 - Feb 11 by ItchySphincter

Why did this post get so many down votes? Sinn Fein is the political arm of the IRA.

See Lohengrin's post; 'There's no place like home...'

There are an awful lot of cretins about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Irish election on 10:11 - Feb 12 with 748 viewsKerouac

Irish election on 15:55 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

Hilarious, Tramp. All those ‘Red, anti-Fascists’ of Plaid stood there giving a standing ovation to an admirer of Sean Russell, an attendee at his commemoration celebrations.

That’s raising political and historical illiteracy to the level of performance art.

Lohengrin rightly points out that the leader of Sinn Fein celebrated this tw*t;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seán_Russell

Why don't some of you who think she's great read the link and get back to us.
It's a slow morning and I could do with a good laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Irish election on 10:19 - Feb 12 with 738 viewsCatullus

Irish election on 22:50 - Feb 11 by Kilkennyjack

Feck me, you really are a bit simple if you believe the state broadcaster the BBC.

Shirley you must agree that the international GFA was a huge achievement and lives have been saved on every side of the debate.

You don't want to believe it because it doesn't fit your agenda.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/24/paramilitaries-are-surging-again-in-norther

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/northern-ireland-troubles-violence-police-b

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/world/europe/northern-ireland-derry-new-ira-m

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/northern-ireland/2019/04/northern-ireland-

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-derry-northern-ireland-bomb-is-a-warning-we-

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/04/29/opinion/contributors/northern-irelands-tr

So are they all in on the conspiracy?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Irish election on 09:11 - Feb 19 with 570 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Irish election on 10:19 - Feb 12 by Catullus

You don't want to believe it because it doesn't fit your agenda.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/24/paramilitaries-are-surging-again-in-norther

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/northern-ireland-troubles-violence-police-b

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/world/europe/northern-ireland-derry-new-ira-m

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/northern-ireland/2019/04/northern-ireland-

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-derry-northern-ireland-bomb-is-a-warning-we-

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/04/29/opinion/contributors/northern-irelands-tr

So are they all in on the conspiracy?

The irony of it MI6 has warned Sinn Fien/IRA of a bomb plot by the new IRA to attack newly elected irish MPs.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 11:16]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Irish election on 09:35 - Feb 19 with 549 viewsEbo

Irish election on 09:11 - Feb 19 by felixstowe_jack

The irony of it MI6 has warned Sinn Fien/IRA of a bomb plot by the new IRA to attack newly elected irish MPs.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 11:16]

Read what you just posted.

Irish election on 09:37 - Feb 19 with 546 viewsEbo

One of my best friends lives in Lurgan and I can tell you know that if there was a return to what he lived through as a child he would move to the south. His kids childhoods have been peaceful and trouble free.

Don't believe the tin foil hatted tvvattery posted on here.

Irish election on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 530 viewsmagicdaps10

My wife is from Donegal, the family still live over there, my sister in law and her husband both gardai in Sligo..... They are worried by this Sinn Fein popularity......come about with promises of affordable housing and being voted for by youngsters.

Ireland and its people are the best at doing ignorance, quick to put praise on the Republic and quicker to knock England and the countries within the UK.

So in theory, there is a big fear with the Sinn Fein momentum..... A big fear indeed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Irish election on 11:17 - Feb 19 with 498 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Irish election on 09:35 - Feb 19 by Ebo

Read what you just posted.

I have I find it ironic that Mi6 are now protecting sinn fien

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Irish election on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 447 viewsmagicdaps10

Irish election on 09:37 - Feb 19 by Ebo

One of my best friends lives in Lurgan and I can tell you know that if there was a return to what he lived through as a child he would move to the south. His kids childhoods have been peaceful and trouble free.

Well if there were to become a United Ireland....... There would be no hiding even down the far south of the Country.

Those are words from current Gardai serving in Ireland. There are still minor issues in the country but as we all know, nowhere near the issues of days gone past..... Life is better and will still stay the same once the Uk leaves the EU. What would put Ireland back another 30yrs is becoming a United Ireland, blaming possible troubles on brexit is just a pathetic thing expected from a Republic follower.

Irish election on 14:33 - Feb 19 with 412 viewsCatullus

Things are nowhere near as bad, Ebo, but they are not trouble free or IRA free

Irish election on 14:37 - Feb 19 with 407 viewsHighjack

Irish election on 22:50 - Feb 11 by Kilkennyjack

Yes that nice Mr Blair loves peace.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Irish election on 14:59 - Feb 19 with 392 viewsLohengrin

Irish election on 13:29 - Feb 19 by magicdaps10

Well if there were to become a United Ireland....... There would be no hiding even down the far south of the Country.

Those are words from current Gardai serving in Ireland. There are still minor issues in the country but as we all know, nowhere near the issues of days gone past..... Life is better and will still stay the same once the Uk leaves the EU. What would put Ireland back another 30yrs is becoming a United Ireland, blaming possible troubles on brexit is just a pathetic thing expected from a Republic follower.

How good is your memory? Back in 1974 Harold Wilson told Garrat Fitzgerald that he had had enough and was thinking about pulling British troops back to the mainland. A horrified Fitzgerald begged Wilson not to as “it would open the gates of Hell.” At that time the Irish Defence Force comprised some 12,000 serving members, estimates for military trained Ulsterman ranged around 200,000. “There will be absolute chaos,” Fitzgerald concluded.

Obviously that number has declined significantly in the intervening years as we move further from the period of National Service but anybody that imagines the Unionist population can simply be ushered into renouncing their citizenship and identity, or worse, forcibly coerced is living in cloud cuckoo land.

These are fraught times. Politicians in both Dublin and London who don’t tread carefully are likely to blunder into a minefield.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Irish election on 15:15 - Feb 19 with 386 viewsmagicdaps10

Irish election on 14:59 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

How good is your memory? Back in 1974 Harold Wilson told Garrat Fitzgerald that he had had enough and was thinking about pulling British troops back to the mainland. A horrified Fitzgerald begged Wilson not to as “it would open the gates of Hell.” At that time the Irish Defence Force comprised some 12,000 serving members, estimates for military trained Ulsterman ranged around 200,000. “There will be absolute chaos,” Fitzgerald concluded.

Obviously that number has declined significantly in the intervening years as we move further from the period of National Service but anybody that imagines the Unionist population can simply be ushered into renouncing their citizenship and identity, or worse, forcibly coerced is living in cloud cuckoo land.

These are fraught times. Politicians in both Dublin and London who don’t tread carefully are likely to blunder into a minefield.

The minefield is going to explode for sure in Ireland.... Brexit was/is the excuse for the Republicans to call for a United Ireland...... Their belief is that it is for the best, patriotism can blind for sure.

My view personally, give Northern Ireland back and let them sort the fall out themselves.... Not that easy unfortunately, the calls of "you created this" would not be far off if that were to happen.

It is difficult to get things right when there are so many still happy to pull up things from the past and put so much faith in religion...... Ireland is a situation that will never be right.

Irish election on 15:21 - Feb 19 with 380 viewsItchySphincter

When was the last time you went to N.I.? Last time I was there it was still very British feeling and reports of people being gunned down on their doorsteps was still front page news. You think things like that don't happen anymore?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Irish election on 15:27 - Feb 19 with 372 viewsLohengrin

Irish election on 15:15 - Feb 19 by magicdaps10

The minefield is going to explode for sure in Ireland.... Brexit was/is the excuse for the Republicans to call for a United Ireland...... Their belief is that it is for the best, patriotism can blind for sure.

My view personally, give Northern Ireland back and let them sort the fall out themselves.... Not that easy unfortunately, the calls of "you created this" would not be far off if that were to happen.

It is difficult to get things right when there are so many still happy to pull up things from the past and put so much faith in religion...... Ireland is a situation that will never be right.

I wouldn’t say religion plays anything like the role in Irish life that it used to, certainly not in the South where the scandals enveloping the Church of Rome has seen its standing not so much decline as terminally plummet.

Surely there are enough clear-sighted decent people throughout Ireland who are prepared to stop the slide before the lunacy begins all over again? You’d have to think there are.

Irish election on 15:41 - Feb 19 with 368 viewsmagicdaps10

Irish election on 15:27 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

I wouldn’t say religion plays anything like the role in Irish life that it used to, certainly not in the South where the scandals enveloping the Church of Rome has seen its standing not so much decline as terminally plummet.

Surely there are enough clear-sighted decent people throughout Ireland who are prepared to stop the slide before the lunacy begins all over again? You’d have to think there are.

I would hope so but can't see them having the voice to be heard.

Whatever happens over in Ireland, the blame will come back on the lap of the UK and mainly the English..... There is certainly a story in waiting with the scenario we find ourselves in, one that I think will see things happen that we don't want to see.

Irish election on 15:45 - Feb 19 with 365 viewsLohengrin

Irish election on 15:41 - Feb 19 by magicdaps10

I would hope so but can't see them having the voice to be heard.

Whatever happens over in Ireland, the blame will come back on the lap of the UK and mainly the English..... There is certainly a story in waiting with the scenario we find ourselves in, one that I think will see things happen that we don't want to see.

You have to bear in mind that about 75% of those who cast a vote in the last elections in the Republic didn’t do it for the Shinners.

The last few weeks may have been bleak but maybe not so dark as all that.

Irish election on 16:36 - Feb 19 with 343 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish election on 15:45 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

You have to bear in mind that about 75% of those who cast a vote in the last elections in the Republic didn’t do it for the Shinners.

The last few weeks may have been bleak but maybe not so dark as all that.

Bit like the Boris landslide then ...?

UK had 67% turn out, and less than half of that actually voted for Johnsons toxic Brexit.

Ireland will be having a border poll.
The people in the north voted to stay in the EU.
Now they get their chance.
It will be a people’s landslide victory for a united Ireland.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024