Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you have replace Cooper? 09:27 - Feb 12 with 8575 viewsCARDAN

We are obviously skint so it’s far to say it’s better to look at maybe ex players with an affinity to the club who locally and remember the way we used to play, although it’s getting harder to remember that it seems so long ago. I would go for Leon and Rangel , both love the club I think they would be no worse than Cooper, at least even if we were shit they would no bore us to death with this fooookking awful football.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 09:30 - Feb 12 with 4806 viewsCARDAN

Live locally I mean
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 09:32 - Feb 12 with 4788 viewsjasper_T

Give Jon Grey and Matty Jones another interim promotion while we look at real applicants again.

Don't understand the pining for Rangel as a manager. Is it just because he's old? Bloke still wants to play.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:01 - Feb 12 with 4715 viewsjackjackjackjack

Chris Hughton till the end of the season, with a very appealing bonus if we go up.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:07 - Feb 12 with 4696 viewsAngelRangelQS

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:01 - Feb 12 by jackjackjackjack

Chris Hughton till the end of the season, with a very appealing bonus if we go up.

The problem is that the longer they pointlessly persevere with Cooper the more unlikely this becomes.

I still think that a half decent manager would have had us a good 7 or 8 points better off and right in the mix. The division is crap. There’s no reason why this squad can’t be seriously challenging for the playoffs
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:10 - Feb 12 with 4683 viewspencoedjack

No chance we would pay what Houghton would demand or give him assurances on transfer kitty.

Any brave lower league manager who plays entertaining football for me.

I have to admit I have been holding back in criticising Cooper but with the players he has at his disposal the football over the last few weeks has been some of the worst for entertainment value in almost 40 years of watching the Swans.

Total lack of any ideas.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 10:10]
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:11 - Feb 12 with 4675 viewsBadlands

Stefan Billborn (Hammerby - good EFL football with some style)
Ian Birchnall (Continuation of Potter and in a very difficult situation)
Paulo Sousa (7th with no forwards who could stay fit or effective and let down by a quisling captain)
Francesco Guidolin (sacked in appalling circumstances by Jenkins to suck up the new owners and was getting us performing)
Outsider - Osian Roberts. (By all accounts and outstanding coach but is he ready to be manager?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:12 - Feb 12 with 4669 viewsFireboy2

Cooper is going nowhere, we are safe from relegation and hes cheap.

A decent manager (who would have us in the automatic spots) would break the bank and the yanks would never speculate to accumulate.

We are going to have to accept that this novice is here to stay.

Bloody shame.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:12 - Feb 12 with 4672 viewsJesusJack

We can forget about any established managers with a half-decent reputation as they will command a hefty wage (Hefty by our budget, at least). We're only going to go for young, up-and-coming managers with something to prove.

We have to be realistic and accept that, until we're facing down the barrel of relegation, Cooper is here to stay.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 4657 viewsWarwickHunt

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:11 - Feb 12 by Badlands

Stefan Billborn (Hammerby - good EFL football with some style)
Ian Birchnall (Continuation of Potter and in a very difficult situation)
Paulo Sousa (7th with no forwards who could stay fit or effective and let down by a quisling captain)
Francesco Guidolin (sacked in appalling circumstances by Jenkins to suck up the new owners and was getting us performing)
Outsider - Osian Roberts. (By all accounts and outstanding coach but is he ready to be manager?

Send Guido a bunch of flowers and a begging letter. Pronto.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 4651 viewsNotLoyal

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:12 - Feb 12 by Fireboy2

A decent manager (who would have us in the automatic spots) would break the bank and the yanks would never speculate to accumulate.

Bloody shame.

I often wonder what he is on financially.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:17 - Feb 12 with 4644 viewspencoedjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:12 - Feb 12 by JesusJack

We can forget about any established managers with a half-decent reputation as they will command a hefty wage (Hefty by our budget, at least). We're only going to go for young, up-and-coming managers with something to prove.

We have to be realistic and accept that, until we're facing down the barrel of relegation, Cooper is here to stay.

Got to admit for the 1st time in 20 years I am seriously thinking about not renewing my ST (That's quite hypocritical as I have openly slated those saying they are not doing it because of the Yanks)

Maybe its a knee jerk reaction after last night, but even spending a normal Tuesday evening home with the in laws seems more appealing than watching the non ambitious Cooper team.

Football is an entertainment business & last night was abysmal.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:19 - Feb 12 with 4638 viewsBadlands

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:12 - Feb 12 by Fireboy2

Bloody shame.

We won't go down this season but the writing is very much on the wall for next.
Get someone in now who can get to know the players who may be here next year and has time to plan ahead.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 4636 viewsjackjackjackjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:10 - Feb 12 by pencoedjack

No chance we would pay what Houghton would demand or give him assurances on transfer kitty.

I have to admit I have been holding back in criticising Cooper but with the players he has at his disposal the football over the last few weeks has been some of the worst for entertainment value in almost 40 years of watching the Swans.

Total lack of any ideas.

Someone out-of-work, but proven, till the end of the season. Can pay them a decent amount on a short term contract. But I doubt that'll happen.

Then for next season, I agree, go for a league 1/2/lower leagues in Europe manger who plays the right way. To rebuild after this Cooper debacle. But who would choose them? Birch is a money man, so that leaves Curtis and Leon, who went for Cooper, and neither strike me as being immersed in the minutiae of lower league managerial ability. At least Jenkins got the vast majority of our appointments right.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 4630 viewsNotLoyal

Fck me, I would stick with cooper because the alternative will be Tate and Leon, please no that would seal our fate.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:41 - Feb 12 with 4585 viewsJinxy

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 09:32 - Feb 12 by jasper_T

Give Jon Grey and Matty Jones another interim promotion while we look at real applicants again.

Don't understand the pining for Rangel as a manager. Is it just because he's old? Bloke still wants to play.

Apart from several risks (because he would be a novice), I think there are several things in Rangel's favour;
1. Familiar with "the Swansea Way" (fading away by the minute).
2. Played that style to a T himself.
3. Worked with, and hopefully learned from, some of our best (RM, BR, ML).
4. Possibly well connected re the above?
5. Respected by all and sundry. Club "legend"? Would get good support from Leon, Tate etc.?
6. Passionate.
7. Fiery sometimes. Strong and would stand up for himself/players? Doubt he'd take any messing from anyone.
8. Local - he's probably dismayed to see what we are currently.
9. Reasonably priced - willing to speculate and prove himself?

You could probably add as many negatives/risks, but in our predicament (low budget and playing style getting grimmer by the minute) for me this would be a good solution.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:43 - Feb 12 with 4579 views34dfgdf54

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:10 - Feb 12 by pencoedjack

Total lack of any ideas.

I've been waiting for your opinion Penc, you're normally spot on in fairness. Cooper should go, but realistically it won't be happening.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:46 - Feb 12 with 4565 viewscmajack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:41 - Feb 12 by Jinxy

Apart from several risks (because he would be a novice), I think there are several things in Rangel's favour;
5. Respected by all and sundry. Club "legend"? Would get good support from Leon, Tate etc.?
6. Passionate.
7. Fiery sometimes. Strong and would stand up for himself/players? Doubt he'd take any messing from anyone.

You could probably add as many negatives/risks, but in our predicament (low budget and playing style getting grimmer by the minute) for me this would be a good solution.

This entirely. Like you said there are as many risks, but there were with Martinez and Rodgers and that didn't turn out too bad.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:58 - Feb 12 with 4525 viewspencoedjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:43 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

I've been waiting for your opinion Penc, you're normally spot on in fairness. Cooper should go, but realistically it won't be happening.

As mentioned earlier I have been trying to give Cooper the benefit of the doubt but I think its now obvious he's not up to the task (I even wonder if he's lost the dressing room)

It will be interesting to see how ST sales are going, at the end of the day Birch is obviously pretty switched on & if crowds / income dwindle do to dross being served up its only going to end one way.

I know I will renew but its getting less appealing to drive to Swansea to watch crap football (its easy for the Jacks who live around the corner as we know)

On a side note we have some away's coming up towards the end of the season if you Risca lot fancy it.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:10 - Feb 12 with 4486 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Proper Manager!
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:14 - Feb 12 with 4469 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:17 - Feb 12 by pencoedjack

Got to admit for the 1st time in 20 years I am seriously thinking about not renewing my ST (That's quite hypocritical as I have openly slated those saying they are not doing it because of the Yanks)

Maybe its a knee jerk reaction after last night, but even spending a normal Tuesday evening home with the in laws seems more appealing than watching the non ambitious Cooper team.

Football is an entertainment business & last night was abysmal.

I feel your pain, nothing worse than paying for something and then realising you're not even enjoying it and in fact, it's frustrating you!
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:17 - Feb 12 with 4456 views34dfgdf54

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:58 - Feb 12 by pencoedjack

As mentioned earlier I have been trying to give Cooper the benefit of the doubt but I think its now obvious he's not up to the task (I even wonder if he's lost the dressing room)

It will be interesting to see how ST sales are going, at the end of the day Birch is obviously pretty switched on & if crowds / income dwindle do to dross being served up its only going to end one way.

I know I will renew but its getting less appealing to drive to Swansea to watch crap football (its easy for the Jacks who live around the corner as we know)

On a side note we have some away's coming up towards the end of the season if you Risca lot fancy it.

I've just had a new baby girl arrive so haven't got to near as many games as I would have liked, glad about that aswell to be honest with yesterday.

Next one I'll be getting too looks like Blackburn at the end of the month!
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:18 - Feb 12 with 4455 viewsunion_jack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 10:41 - Feb 12 by Jinxy

6. Passionate.

I’m wondering whether he wouldn’t want it in the same way (thank God) Chris Coleman didnt. He’s more or less a local lad now so would he put that on the line a la Monk.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:18 - Feb 12 with 4454 viewsswan65split

The statue of Ivor outside the Stadium.........
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:21 - Feb 12 with 4447 viewspencoedjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:17 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

I've just had a new baby girl arrive so haven't got to near as many games as I would have liked, glad about that aswell to be honest with yesterday.

Next one I'll be getting too looks like Blackburn at the end of the month!

Congratulations mate
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:22 - Feb 12 with 4438 viewspencoedjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 11:14 - Feb 12 by AlfieMooresSon

I feel your pain, nothing worse than paying for something and then realising you're not even enjoying it and in fact, it's frustrating you!

Its like a drug you cant kick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024