Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you have replace Cooper? 09:27 - Feb 12 with 8257 viewsCARDAN

We are obviously skint so it’s far to say it’s better to look at maybe ex players with an affinity to the club who locally and remember the way we used to play, although it’s getting harder to remember that it seems so long ago. I would go for Leon and Rangel , both love the club I think they would be no worse than Cooper, at least even if we were shit they would no bore us to death with this fooookking awful football.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:37 - Feb 12 with 1292 viewspencoedjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:36 - Feb 12 by Pencoed_Jack

Really?

Are we saying that Cooper's brand is better?

Yes.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:43 - Feb 12 with 1276 viewsJinxy

After last night I'd volunteer to brand Cooper.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:43 - Feb 12 with 1272 viewsPencoed_Jack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:37 - Feb 12 by pencoedjack

Yes.

Not a single shot on target at home against QPR who were on an awful run. Players playing out of position, terribble set pieces. The list goes on and on.

Harris would have had us in the top 6 by now and regardless of playing style we need to go up otherwise next season we are fooked and more likely to go down than up.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:45 - Feb 12 with 1262 viewsJinxy

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:24 - Feb 12 by NotLoyal

Not being funny mate, but you are dead.

ps I think that Kirkey, even now, would do a better job.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:54 - Feb 12 with 1221 viewspencoedjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:43 - Feb 12 by Pencoed_Jack

Not a single shot on target at home against QPR who were on an awful run. Players playing out of position, terribble set pieces. The list goes on and on.

Harris would have had us in the top 6 by now and regardless of playing style we need to go up otherwise next season we are fooked and more likely to go down than up.

We had more shots on target against Derby than the Basseys have had in any league game under Harris.

Last night was awful I’m not denying it but Harris FFS.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 19:55]
Who would you have replace Cooper on 19:55 - Feb 12 with 1226 viewsThornburyswan

Who would you have replace Cooper on 18:56 - Feb 12 by thornabyswan

Ainsworth doing a good job at Wycombe.

Good point, I was avoiding top end of league 1 on the basis that they might get promoted & not sure how much of an attraction we’d be in the same division!............ but if they missed out decent shout, I’d add Darren Moore from Doni too!
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:56 - Feb 12 with 1223 viewsPencoed_Jack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:54 - Feb 12 by pencoedjack

We had more shots on target against Derby than the Basseys have had in any league game under Harris.

Last night was awful I’m not denying it but Harris FFS.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 19:55]

But we lost!!
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 20:03 - Feb 12 with 1202 viewsCopaMundial

Until we forget about the mythical “Swansea Way” we’ll never appoint the right man.

Always makes me laugh when I hear that term being used, I’ve watched the team for five decades and apart from several inspirational seasons our footballing style has been typically British, the way some people talk you could swear that it has been imbedded into our football philosophy since the beginning of time.

We have overlooked several perfectly good candidates in the past because in the opinion of many of the footballing purists on this site they were deemed anti-football....laughable.
Login to get fewer ads

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 20:10 - Feb 12 with 1181 viewsPencoed_Jack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 20:03 - Feb 12 by CopaMundial

Until we forget about the mythical “Swansea Way” we’ll never appoint the right man.

Always makes me laugh when I hear that term being used, I’ve watched the team for five decades and apart from several inspirational seasons our footballing style has been typically British, the way some people talk you could swear that it has been imbedded into our football philosophy since the beginning of time.

We have overlooked several perfectly good candidates in the past because in the opinion of many of the footballing purists on this site they were deemed anti-football....laughable.

Agreed. We are in such a perilous state that I would take winning at any cost currently. We are starting to sound like Arsenal fans as they always believed they played superior football to everyone else and most would have traded success and winning football at the expense of trying to walk the ball in every time.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 20:11 - Feb 12 with 1168 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very good points there.

Poll: Tory leader

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:05 - Feb 12 with 1107 viewsOldjack

Martínez introduced the Spanish way or should I say the Barca way,which was nice to watch

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:25 - Feb 12 with 1082 viewsOldjack

Has Leon done any management courses?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:32 - Feb 12 with 1074 views34dfgdf54

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:25 - Feb 12 by Oldjack

Has Leon done any management courses?

Yeah he did his badges with a mate of mine at the FAW.

Monk was the tutor so I’d rather not risk it.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:33 - Feb 12 with 1072 viewsItchySphincter

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 09:32 - Feb 12 by jasper_T

Give Jon Grey and Matty Jones another interim promotion while we look at real applicants again.

Don't understand the pining for Rangel as a manager. Is it just because he's old? Bloke still wants to play.

Why Matty Jones? Like him, but why?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:45 - Feb 12 with 1043 viewsOldjack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:32 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah he did his badges with a mate of mine at the FAW.

Monk was the tutor so I’d rather not risk it.

Cheap option ,and the Yanks love them .At this rate next season gonna be a nightmare

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:45 - Feb 12 with 1043 viewsjasper_T

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 21:33 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Why Matty Jones? Like him, but why?

Done good work with Swans and Wales age groups. Done most of his badges. Good guy, humble, as keen to learn as he is to teach. Played at a very good level, with and against some greats.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 22:28 - Feb 12 with 982 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:36 - Feb 12 by Pencoed_Jack

Really?

Are we saying that Cooper's brand is better?

Cooper doesn’t have a brand. And neither does Harris.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 22:30 - Feb 12 with 979 viewsBadlands

At the start of the season we played a few decent halves and at least one half playing pass an move (Martinez style) ... we won.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 22:41 - Feb 12 with 961 viewsmajorraglan

Manager is the key role, when they are spending tens of millions on player salaries quibbling over a couple of hundred grand to appoint the right man is mental. Appointing someone with limited experience to manage a team in one of the toughest leagues in Europe is also a risk, would you let a junior mechanic service your Jaguar? If wages are an issue, incentivise the role, pay a decent basic and massive bonus for success, any manager who backs himself will take it.

For a long time the club had an identity, a way of playing which should have been replicated right throughout the Academy age groups so that the players move through the year groups eventually in to the first team, kind of a DNA. To achieve long term success, the first team manager should be someone who buys in to those principles and embraces the club’s ethos, it’s mental appointing someone who has a completely different footballing philosophy unless you are going to give him millions to change the playing squad.

Cardiff appointed Harris after Warnock and their fans weren’t exactly ecstatic, but he’d be a better fit than someone like Laudrup who would probably want to sell most of the squad to build a team who would play the way he would want. The next Swansea manager has to be someone who plays the adding game and who can get the best out of what’s coming through the Academy.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 22:44]
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 22:50 - Feb 12 with 936 viewsmajorraglan

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 22:28 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t pay much attention to things Cardiff but there was some discontent amongst their supporters after Harris was appointed. One of the Radio Wales pundits referred to the appointment as evolution as opposed to revolution, Harris was different to Warnock, but not to the extent he wouldn’t be able to do anything with the squad he was inheriting.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 23:05 - Feb 12 with 918 viewsbuilthjack

Mark Van Bommel

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 17:30 - Feb 13 with 806 viewsPencoed_Jack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 22:28 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Who cares about a brand at the moment. It's about results and Harris is delivering whereas Cooper ain't.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 17:33 - Feb 13 with 798 viewsPencoed_Jack

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 22:50 - Feb 12 by majorraglan

I don’t pay much attention to things Cardiff but there was some discontent amongst their supporters after Harris was appointed. One of the Radio Wales pundits referred to the appointment as evolution as opposed to revolution, Harris was different to Warnock, but not to the extent he wouldn’t be able to do anything with the squad he was inheriting.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get into the play offs.
Who would you have replace Cooper? on 18:02 - Feb 13 with 780 viewsNotLoyal

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 17:33 - Feb 13 by Pencoed_Jack

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get into the play offs.

They aren’t good enough mate, it’s ok, a week is a long time in football.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Who would you have replace Cooper? on 19:51 - Feb 13 with 729 viewsBest_loser

Jokanovic
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024