Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new Attorney General 08:21 - Feb 14 with 5152 viewsWxmJax

Anyone want to defend her ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Our new Attorney General on 22:01 - Feb 14 with 1276 viewssioni

This gave me a welcome bit of humour after watching the Hull game.
Our new Attorney General (n/t) on 03:48 - Feb 15 with 1176 viewsDJack

Our new Attorney General on 20:18 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

Pay no attention to those two, love. They’re like Malebranche’s insensitive oafs who “eat without pleasure” and “brutally violate the old, kindly fellowship of living things.”

Vulgarians, the pair of them.

[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 15:50]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Our new Attorney General on 08:51 - Feb 15 with 1114 viewsepaul

Our new Attorney General on 18:38 - Feb 14 by Neath_Jack

I used to have dinner tickets, mid 80's, they were to the value of 55p. No shame or embarrassment attached to having them at all for me, it was what it was. Besides which, there was money to be made on the black market, buying them (normally from smokers), then punting them on for a small profit.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:45]

Same for me circa 81 - 83 whilst in Pentrehafod, worth 55p, on a good day you'd get 35p for it, generally you'd get 30p, it was enough to go to Eaton Road chippy lunchtime, (bag of chips then we'd go ton the bakers and get a loaf, get it cut in half, hollow it out and chuck the chips in, kin lush) my parents struggled in them days after my dad was made redundant from YIM in Landore (now the Liberty!!).
As it goes he was offered a job by them in Leeds, but he didn't want to uproot, imagine it I'd have been a diehard dirtylids suoporter

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Our new Attorney General on 09:10 - Feb 15 with 1097 viewsWarwickHunt

Our new Attorney General on 20:00 - Feb 14 by Brynmill_Jack

There was an alternative.

There really wasn’t...
Our new Attorney General on 09:31 - Feb 15 with 1092 viewsNeath_Jack

Our new Attorney General on 08:51 - Feb 15 by epaul

Same for me circa 81 - 83 whilst in Pentrehafod, worth 55p, on a good day you'd get 35p for it, generally you'd get 30p, it was enough to go to Eaton Road chippy lunchtime, (bag of chips then we'd go ton the bakers and get a loaf, get it cut in half, hollow it out and chuck the chips in, kin lush) my parents struggled in them days after my dad was made redundant from YIM in Landore (now the Liberty!!).
As it goes he was offered a job by them in Leeds, but he didn't want to uproot, imagine it I'd have been a diehard dirtylids suoporter

My old man passed away when i was 13, so we were on the poor step then, had a younger brother and sister. All my ill gotten gains were spent on the fruit machines. There wasn't much money about, but they were great days nevertheless.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Our new Attorney General on 10:25 - Feb 15 with 1065 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our new Attorney General on 09:10 - Feb 15 by WarwickHunt

There really wasn’t...

Yeah yeah. I know your feelings over Corbyn and the vast majority in the country felt the same.

However, the hardline communist,Terrorist sympathizer and blatant anti Semite wouldn’t have allowed young children to be stigmatized - via poverty apartheid- by these so called guardians of the British people.

You can say all you like about Brexit but this election by far was the real indicator of just how much self harm people want to do themselves. This is just the start, believe me.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our new Attorney General on 13:45 - Feb 16 with 949 viewscentrestandswan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8009395/New-Attorney-General-belongs-co

Strange Days.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Our new Attorney General on 13:53 - Feb 16 with 938 viewsWarwickHunt

Our new Attorney General on 10:25 - Feb 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah yeah. I know your feelings over Corbyn and the vast majority in the country felt the same.

However, the hardline communist,Terrorist sympathizer and blatant anti Semite wouldn’t have allowed young children to be stigmatized - via poverty apartheid- by these so called guardians of the British people.

You can say all you like about Brexit but this election by far was the real indicator of just how much self harm people want to do themselves. This is just the start, believe me.

I thought you were pro-Brexit? “Lexit” as it was known.

Self-harming undoubtedly, and from the people most vulnerable to it.
Perhaps if we’d had a Labour leader who actively and passionately campaigned against it by explaining the consequences then we might still be in the EU.
Login to get fewer ads

Our new Attorney General on 16:47 - Feb 17 with 718 viewswestwalesed

Our new Attorney General on 17:54 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

“ Maybe we'll just have to wait and judge Braverman by her actions in her new job? ”

No. Irrespective of her actions in her new job she has displayed a character that should mean she is unfit for public office in a halfway decent society.

I'm trying not to bite here, but who gets to decide what type of character is unfit for public office? It's totally subjective.

On a side note, parents who don't either adequately feed their children breakfast and lunch are guilty, in my view of neglect. I don't care if you're poor, find the money. Plenty of poor families do find the money so there I no excuse not to. My other half fed her own children before herself when she was a single Mum. It's what you do.

I do however agree that this lunch isolation policy is wrong - the children should not be publicly shamed for their parents ineptitude.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Our new Attorney General on 18:20 - Feb 17 with 685 viewsGwyn737

Our new Attorney General on 14:21 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

I’m afraid it appears that it is true Loh.

The school in question is a ‘free school’, set up by Braverman amongst others, called Michaela School.

There is a piece in the Guardian about it in 2016 and also in the Daily Mail (so both sides, politically).

The Guardian piece, copied below, carries a direct quote from the Head:

“ The head of a London secondary school that places pupils in “lunch isolation” if their parents don’t pay for school meals is unapologetic over the policy, arguing that parents who refuse to pay are betraying their children’s education.

Katharine Birbalsingh, the head of Michaela community school in north-west London who imposed the policy, argued that the children affected were from dysfunctional homes and needed the school’s support.

“Should we charge a poor single mum twice so she can pay for Jonny just because she has a sense of personal responsibility and Jonny’s mother doesn’t?” Birbalsingh said.

“Free school meals looks after the poorest. Even then we have all sorts of systems for people who really are in financial need, and I mean the real ones. I don’t mean the ones who are playing the system, trying to get other poor families to pay for their child’s food.”

The controversy surfaced after the Daily Mail reported that a parent of a pupil received a letter from the school’s deputy head saying: “You are currently £75 overdue. If this full amount is not received within this week your child will be placed in lunch isolation.”

The letter sent in June said that pupils in lunch isolation “will receive a sandwich and a piece of fruit only. They will spend the entire 60-minute period in lunch isolation. Only when the entire outstanding amount is paid in full will they be allowed into family lunch with their classmates.”

Punishing children for the actions of parents seems a perfectly reasonable thing to do in the eyes of our AG it seems. That sort of warped justice will, I’m sure, be a real benefit for her in her new job.

Michaela is one of a wave for free schools/academies that are super strict and sweeping through the English education system.

Their very popular with the ‘bring back national service brigade’.

They’re also popular with politicians as they give out excellent sound bites. There are some with real academic success - Michaela has the best GCSE progress scores in the country last year.

There are some moral questions, though. Like where do all the children go who won’t sign up to the schools values. (That’s not a dig at Michaela, who can’t be accused of this - they started the school from scratch, it tends to me academy takeovers who get rid of the kids they don’t want)
Our new Attorney General on 18:52 - Feb 17 with 665 viewsNeath_Jack

Our new Attorney General on 16:47 - Feb 17 by westwalesed

I'm trying not to bite here, but who gets to decide what type of character is unfit for public office? It's totally subjective.

On a side note, parents who don't either adequately feed their children breakfast and lunch are guilty, in my view of neglect. I don't care if you're poor, find the money. Plenty of poor families do find the money so there I no excuse not to. My other half fed her own children before herself when she was a single Mum. It's what you do.

I do however agree that this lunch isolation policy is wrong - the children should not be publicly shamed for their parents ineptitude.

Very noble to judge others on what your other half did.

You have absolutely no idea what personal circumstances others are going through.

In an ideal world, children would never go without, but we don't.

Try not to be so judgemental on others butt, you'll feel better for it one day.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Our new Attorney General on 19:33 - Feb 17 with 631 viewslondonlisa2001

Our new Attorney General on 16:47 - Feb 17 by westwalesed

“ It's totally subjective”

No it’s not.

Anyone that supports a system that deliberately humiliates children for the perceived sins of their parents is unfit for public office in this country. Full stop,

It’s not subjective to believe that. There is a basic level of human decency that this country seems to be moving away from.
There is also, by the way, a level of poverty that means that coming up with a term’s worth of lunch money in one go isn’t feasible. So there is an excuse. People who can find £10 per week may well not be able to find £80 in one go. It’s not neglect. It’s reality. And even in the cases where it is neglect, which will be the minority, you don’t punish their children.
Our new Attorney General on 19:41 - Feb 17 with 615 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 19:33 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

“ It's totally subjective”

No it’s not.

Anyone that supports a system that deliberately humiliates children for the perceived sins of their parents is unfit for public office in this country. Full stop,

It’s not subjective to believe that. There is a basic level of human decency that this country seems to be moving away from.
There is also, by the way, a level of poverty that means that coming up with a term’s worth of lunch money in one go isn’t feasible. So there is an excuse. People who can find £10 per week may well not be able to find £80 in one go. It’s not neglect. It’s reality. And even in the cases where it is neglect, which will be the minority, you don’t punish their children.

What you said.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Our new Attorney General on 09:53 - Feb 18 with 516 viewsCatullus

Lisa, I totally agree, it's not subjective. On a previous post though, we will have to judge Braverman by her actions in post because she's in post. I agree she isn't fit for the post but still she's there. There are plenty of others not fit for such a position of power who hold such a position. It's not right but it's happening all the same so what can we do but jusge them by their actions.

Another case in point, the advisor Cummings appointed, Sabisky, his views are utterly deplorable and he shouldn't be in any position to influence the PM. Yet he is, it shows beyond doubt that Cummings and Bojo aren't fit for their positions either but what can we do?
Until or unless we have an effective opposition again, Bojo will get away with murder. We can only hope they somehow manage to do a good job.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our new Attorney General on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 445 viewswestwalesed

I still think it’s subjective.

I *personally* think that this policy which she has apparently supported *probably* does warrant her being unfit for office but that is my *personal* view.

Once we go down the route of essentially saying that certain views or policy standpoints preclude you from office, you’re starting on a dangerous road.

I’ll ask a simple question - who gets to decide?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Our new Attorney General on 14:41 - Feb 18 with 430 viewstheloneranger

Our new Attorney General on 20:45 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

Not a bad film.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024