Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man CIty 18:35 - Feb 14 with 1605 viewsDarran

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man CIty on 18:37 - Feb 14 with 1586 viewssainthelens

That'll be Pep gone then. After shafting us in the cup, hope they get all the sht coming.
Man CIty on 18:37 - Feb 14 with 1583 viewsDarran

Man CIty on 18:37 - Feb 14 by sainthelens

That'll be Pep gone then. After shafting us in the cup, hope they get all the sht coming.

Well said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man CIty on 18:39 - Feb 14 with 1567 viewsSwanjaxs

Lifes a bitch 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Man CIty on 18:40 - Feb 14 with 1559 viewsNeath_Jack

I reckon they'll appeal and will get a suspender instead.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Man CIty on 18:43 - Feb 14 with 1548 viewsWxmJax

How are they going to afford that

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Man CIty on 18:55 - Feb 14 with 1472 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Man CIty on 18:40 - Feb 14 by Neath_Jack

Yes a reduction on appeal and UEFA can say they did their best.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Man CIty on 18:56 - Feb 14 with 1464 viewsbuilthjack

This. Hope they get a further years ban for appealing though.
Who's next? Liverpool, Man Utd ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Man CIty on 18:56 - Feb 14 with 1453 viewsperplex

If true be great, mediocre club, that got lucky, with investment, an overrated manager who inherited a great Barcelona team so everything was in place for him, he had less success at Bayern Munich than the manager he replaced, and just spends countless millions to buy himself success at Man city, yet still cannot get near to winning the Champions league.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Man CIty on 18:59 - Feb 14 with 1425 viewsexiledclaseboy

Exactly. No way that ban will stick.

Poll: Tory leader

Man CIty on 19:16 - Feb 14 with 1310 views3swan

Man CIty on 18:59 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly. No way that ban will stick.

No doubt.

That's them out of the bidding war for Rodon

Then again maybe that's the range they can only afford
Man CIty on 19:18 - Feb 14 with 1294 viewsPozuelosSideys

Funny that. When are PSG going to get nailed with the same thing?Considering the small change income tv brings in Ligue 1, you wonder how they pay for the likes of Neymar, Mbappe etc

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Man CIty on 19:32 - Feb 14 with 1243 viewsairedale

They can start stocking up on players then,if appeal is upheld.
Man CIty on 20:21 - Feb 14 with 1149 viewsGowerjack

Roses are Red
Manchester is Blue
No Champions League
Until 2022..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Man CIty on 20:38 - Feb 14 with 1109 viewswestside

Man City are self isolating themselves from the champions league
Man CIty on 20:45 - Feb 14 with 1073 viewsWxmJax

Man CIty on 18:56 - Feb 14 by perplex

If true be great, mediocre club, that got lucky, with investment, an overrated manager who inherited a great Barcelona team so everything was in place for him, he had less success at Bayern Munich than the manager he replaced, and just spends countless millions to buy himself success at Man city, yet still cannot get near to winning the Champions league.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:57]

It's not just me then.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Man CIty on 06:44 - Feb 15 with 937 viewsTimTtam

The pesimist and realist in me says they'll win their appeal. And even if they don't, they can drag out the appeal and run it into next season, meaning they'll be able to compete in 2020/21.

If they lose it though, I can see lots of their players + Pep leaving. And it would mean Sheffield United are currently holding a Champions League place

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Man CIty on 08:08 - Feb 15 with 900 viewsDr_Winston

No doubt Man City have been sneaky bastards and under the rules as they stand deserve to be punished, but the rules as they stand aren't great.

It seems obvious that FFP at the UEFA level is little more than a racket designed to protect the traditionally big clubs from competition from teams outside that bracket. Upstarts like Man City or PSG.

There should be rules designed to prevent clubs from running up mountains of debt, and limits on spending on agents and perhaps salary caps, but none on ownership investment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Man CIty on 09:35 - Feb 15 with 849 viewsTimTtam

Man CIty on 08:08 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

No doubt Man City have been sneaky bastards and under the rules as they stand deserve to be punished, but the rules as they stand aren't great.

It seems obvious that FFP at the UEFA level is little more than a racket designed to protect the traditionally big clubs from competition from teams outside that bracket. Upstarts like Man City or PSG.

There should be rules designed to prevent clubs from running up mountains of debt, and limits on spending on agents and perhaps salary caps, but none on ownership investment.

FFP at every level is a disgrace. From looking at most Prem & Champ teams' finances from 2013-2018, several ex-EFL and current EFL teams have blatantly breached FFP. Aston Villa, Wolves, Stoke, Birmingham (punished) & Fulham are just some. But for whatever reason, only some clubs are punished. I mean, Wolves had losses of I think 60M in 2017/18.

From reading more and more, this Man City decision is likely a PR stunt by UEFA. It seems extremely likely that Man City will get off.

My name is Matt

Man CIty on 10:28 - Feb 15 with 811 viewsBest_loser

It's not over yet

Wait until the appeal
Man CIty on 11:03 - Feb 15 with 785 viewsCatullus

If this punishment sticks, going by the licence rules, the EPL may well have to punish them too and a docking of points is possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51510284

Apparently the financial information provided to UEFA has be the same info provided to the EPL therefore if they are guilty of lying to UEFA they are also guilty of lying to the EPL, that's the gist of it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Man CIty on 11:19 - Feb 15 with 774 viewslonglostjack

Man CIty on 08:08 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

Disagree. I’d like to see owners only being allowed to acquire 49% of shares in a club.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Man CIty on 11:55 - Feb 15 with 736 viewsNotLoyal

Man CIty on 06:44 - Feb 15 by TimTtam

The pesimist and realist in me says they'll win their appeal. And even if they don't, they can drag out the appeal and run it into next season, meaning they'll be able to compete in 2020/21.

If they lose it though, I can see lots of their players + Pep leaving. And it would mean Sheffield United are currently holding a Champions League place

If the appeal runs in to next season the ban will definitely stay.
It’s in their interests to get a quicker decision.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Man CIty on 15:41 - Feb 15 with 657 viewsTimTtam

Man CIty on 11:03 - Feb 15 by Catullus

If this punishment sticks, going by the licence rules, the EPL may well have to punish them too and a docking of points is possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51510284

Apparently the financial information provided to UEFA has be the same info provided to the EPL therefore if they are guilty of lying to UEFA they are also guilty of lying to the EPL, that's the gist of it.

Being docked points is pointless, unless it's 50+pts. A 12pt deduction would see them drop from top 2 to top 4.

But, apparently there's a small chance that they'll be automatically relegated to League 2! 😂

If they lose their PL license (which is seperate from the UEFA proceedings), then they would drop down at least 1 division.

Harrogate Town vs Man City next season 😂

My name is Matt

Man CIty on 15:44 - Feb 15 with 652 viewsTimTtam

Man CIty on 11:55 - Feb 15 by NotLoyal

If the appeal runs in to next season the ban will definitely stay.
It’s in their interests to get a quicker decision.

If at any stage they realise they will lose the case, they may decide to delay it, and tell the current and targeted players that they can still play CL football for 2019/20 and 2020/21. Essentially role the dice to try win it in the same way Championship clubs do with trying to get promoted while in financial trouble.

My name is Matt

Man CIty on 12:00 - Feb 16 with 537 viewsCatullus

Man CIty on 15:41 - Feb 15 by TimTtam

Being docked points is pointless, unless it's 50+pts. A 12pt deduction would see them drop from top 2 to top 4.

But, apparently there's a small chance that they'll be automatically relegated to League 2! 😂

If they lose their PL license (which is seperate from the UEFA proceedings), then they would drop down at least 1 division.

Harrogate Town vs Man City next season 😂

There's a suggestion today they could be retrospectively stripped of one of their titles and it be awarded to Liverpool, Gerrard could still get an EPL winners medal!

It won't happen, nor will they be dropped to league 2 but I can dream.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024