Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you replace Cooper with? 11:42 - Feb 15 with 7298 viewsSwansea93

Would you go British or Foreign?

Some names currently free agents.

Javi Gracia would be my pick of the bunch.
Jorge Sampaoli previously linked to us in the Premier League.
Gus Poyet
Aitor Karanka although very defensive.
Guidolin?
Nathan Jones
Jaap Stam
Chris Hughton
Quique Flores
Laudrup

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:10 - Feb 15 with 1785 viewsDr_Winston

Could do a lot, lot worse than Guidolin but he'd probably tell us to f*ck off and rightly so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:17 - Feb 15 with 1765 views34dfgdf54

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:02 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Why did he interview, then?

Copper interviewed. He was far from a lover of us despite what he says nowadays.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:19 - Feb 15 with 1762 viewsjasper_T

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:17 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

Copper interviewed. He was far from a lover of us despite what he says nowadays.

Unless Cooper is deliberately failing then obviously it doesn't matter much whether a bloke likes the club or not when he's after a job. They're not supporters, it's a career.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:34 - Feb 15 with 1732 views34dfgdf54

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:19 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Unless Cooper is deliberately failing then obviously it doesn't matter much whether a bloke likes the club or not when he's after a job. They're not supporters, it's a career.

Completely agree. Still don’t want them here though personally.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 19:03 - Feb 15 with 1702 viewskarnataka

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 18:10 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

Could do a lot, lot worse than Guidolin but he'd probably tell us to f*ck off and rightly so.

He did a decent job in difficult circumstances but he didn't seem to be in the best of health when he was here and I don't think he's worked as a manager since.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 19:03]
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 19:14 - Feb 15 with 1683 viewsMorganator100

We should have gone for Cameron Toshack.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 19:30 - Feb 15 with 1664 viewsvetchonian

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 12:23 - Feb 15 by Badlands

Stefan Billborn, Hammerby - successful and play an English style.
Ian Burchnall - Östersunds - done well in the wake of Potter leaving and the chairman's financial 'problems. Continued playing Potter's style.
Francesco Guidolin - knows us and English football
Clarence Seedorf - gamble
Paulo Sousa - expensive but would lick this group into shape in no time.
Javi Garcia - knows the league
Francesco Guidolin - knows us and English football

Osian Roberts - point to prove, Welsh.
Anyone know what Neil Adams is upon these days - I remember he did OK with good football at Norwich ... I think he worked with their kids to.

The way Cooper has us playing, Pulis wouldn't be out of place.

Osian Roberts seriously this is the man who taught Monk a d Cooper coaching!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 19:34 - Feb 15 with 1655 viewsmonmouth

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 19:30 - Feb 15 by vetchonian

And since he left the Wales set up they’ve started winning haven’t they? The ultimate badge man. BADGO Redux.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 19:39 - Feb 15 with 1642 viewsDr_Winston

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 19:30 - Feb 15 by vetchonian

Those who can, do...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 21:27 - Feb 15 with 1544 viewsDJack

...that Italian fella Tra Ficcone.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 21:42 - Feb 15 with 1522 viewsmajorraglan

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 11:49 - Feb 15 by SgorioFruit

Jokes aside, id stay away from all the above mentioned people, apart from Hughton and Laudrup

And Guidolin.

Another option would be to keep Cooper, but bring someone in to mentor him.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 21:48]
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 1492 viewsBadlands

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 21:42 - Feb 15 by majorraglan

And Guidolin.

Another option would be to keep Cooper, but bring someone in to mentor him.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 21:48]

No to Guidolin?????
Really.
Strikes me as the sort who wouldn't take to mentoring.
But if he needs a mentor that proves he's not up to the job.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 23:03 - Feb 15 with 1443 viewsmajorraglan

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 22:03 - Feb 15 by Badlands

No to Guidolin?????
Really.
Strikes me as the sort who wouldn't take to mentoring.
But if he needs a mentor that proves he's not up to the job.

No, I’d defo have Guidolin back, I’d also have Laudrup back if he fancied a project, and I think Hughton would also do a good job.

There's plenty of people out there in all walks of life who have coaches and mentors, someone to bounce ideas off, get feed back from etc and it’s the kind of stuff they encourage these days.
It may be that Cooper wouldn’t accept a mentor, who knows, but the way it’s going isn't great and it could be that or a P45 if things don’t improve. I really want him to succeed, but its tough going at the moment.

Edit typo and tidy up.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 0:17]
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 06:29 - Feb 16 with 1390 viewsTimTtam

Here's an interesting scenario, as unlikely as it is to happen. Last season Brighton sacked Hughton even though he secured PL survival. Brighton are in a relegation battle right now. If they were to go down, would they keep Potter, given that they sacked Hughton for keeping Brighton up?

Logic says yes because the payoff would be massive & he's got them playing actual football, but clubs are ruthless these days.

If somehow we brought him back, it would work for everyone. Potter knows the Swansea area, the players know his playing style, he would bring his coaching staff with him, & us as fans know what we're getting. We were willing to pay him big bucks before he left, so we could offer it again (with a promotion bonus of course).

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 06:31 - Feb 16 with 1387 viewsTimTtam

Looking at it realistically, I'd take a young League 1 manager who has been overachieving with his club, and who plays decent football. I don't want anyone who's been around for a while who has been sacked from a previous club.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 6:32]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 08:29 - Feb 16 with 1343 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 06:31 - Feb 16 by TimTtam

Looking at it realistically, I'd take a young League 1 manager who has been overachieving with his club, and who plays decent football. I don't want anyone who's been around for a while who has been sacked from a previous club.

Rogers was sacked by Reading.......

Guidolin I’d like to see back but after the way the yanks treated him no a cat in hells chance he’d come back. Laudrup - that would be my ultimate manager who just to prove a point would get even this lot to the autos . A sense of unfinished business here and with Tutumulu coming with him we’d find our magical foreign player tree again. Perhaps he’d do it just to spite Jenkins. And I’m sure he’d love to lick horns with Monk again!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 08:56 - Feb 16 with 1335 viewsThornburyswan

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 06:31 - Feb 16 by TimTtam

Me too, clearly any that bring their teams up into the Championship via promotion come May are less likely to be available but for me any of the 3 below should be on the list :-

Darren Moore
Darren Ferguson
Kenny Jackett - covers off those that love an ex-Jack!

Worth keeping an eye on Ryan Lowe (Plymouth) & Richie Wellens (Swindon) from League 2
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 09:07 - Feb 16 with 1323 viewsjack247

If Cooper goes and sadly I think he’s a long way from that at the moment, we won’t be appointing the likes of Hughton or Poyet.

It will be someone you’ve never/barely heard of or someone doing well in the lower leagues/small club abroad. The type of manager who will look at us as a stepping stone and come cheap. It won’t be anyone with top level experience.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 09:11 - Feb 16 with 1317 viewsGlastonbury

I would replace him with Ivors Statue. Put the statue in front of touchline same instructions u get
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 11:43 - Feb 16 with 1243 viewsBadlands

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 08:29 - Feb 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Guidolin I’d like to see back but after the way the yanks treated him no a cat in hells chance he’d come back. Laudrup - that would be my ultimate manager who just to prove a point would get even this lot to the autos . A sense of unfinished business here and with Tutumulu coming with him we’d find our magical foreign player tree again. Perhaps he’d do it just to spite Jenkins. And I’m sure he’d love to lick horns with Monk again!

It wasn't the Americans, it was Jenkins and from within the club (common knowledge at the time) ... including players loyal to Monk (according to recent comments from a journalist I've recently got know who was covering Mid and West Wales news at the time.)
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 11:49]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 13:07 - Feb 16 with 1217 viewsicecoldjack

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 08:29 - Feb 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Laudrup would have to make sure the likes of Tate and Leon are fooked off then, Monk didn't twist the knife alone did he .
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 13:21 - Feb 16 with 1202 viewssainthelens

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 13:07 - Feb 16 by icecoldjack

Laudrup would have to make sure the likes of Tate and Leon are fooked off then, Monk didn't twist the knife alone did he .

Really time now to stop the Laudrup/Guidolin chat...in the realms of fantasy fckn Island.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 14:00 - Feb 16 with 1154 viewsjack247

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 11:43 - Feb 16 by Badlands

It wasn't the Americans, it was Jenkins and from within the club (common knowledge at the time) ... including players loyal to Monk (according to recent comments from a journalist I've recently got know who was covering Mid and West Wales news at the time.)
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 11:49]

Laudrup was sacked before the Americans officially took over as far as I recall? Yes, a Monk led revolt. I have to admit I was ok with it at the time, as despite how good his first season was, he seemed to have lost the players and lost interest. I wasn’t ok with us not appointing a real manager to replace him though.

The Guidolin sacking was 100% the Americans, who had overestimated Jenkins/underestimated the Premier League and were desperate to get Bob in and stir up a bit of interest in us over there.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 15:32 - Feb 16 with 1076 viewsGaryjack

May i throw this guy into the mix?

Ian Evatt.

Took over at Barrow in the summer of 2018 in his first managerial role,and despite inheriting a first team squad of just 4 players, has transformed them from relegation candidates to Promotion contenders.
They don't so much play a possession based game, but a quick passing one with attacking intent. Also when they lose the ball they quickly hunt the opposing player down in packs to win it back. Which was something i used to see us doing, especially under Rodgers.
Who would you replace Cooper with? on 15:33 - Feb 16 with 1071 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who would you replace Cooper with? on 15:32 - Feb 16 by Garyjack

May i throw this guy into the mix?

Ian Evatt.

Took over at Barrow in the summer of 2018 in his first managerial role,and despite inheriting a first team squad of just 4 players, has transformed them from relegation candidates to Promotion contenders.
They don't so much play a possession based game, but a quick passing one with attacking intent. Also when they lose the ball they quickly hunt the opposing player down in packs to win it back. Which was something i used to see us doing, especially under Rodgers.

Someone else mentioned him to me in terms of potential new managers the other day.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024