Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437222 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 09:52 - Apr 6 with 1487 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 08:36 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

I don't think we eat Tigers in this country but there must be some concern about the food chain as well as interacting with pets and working animals.

What is tiger cat food made from? No wonder our cats are getting it. What animals are next? Will we have to stop crocodile snogging as well?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus (n/t) on 09:56 - Apr 6 with 1475 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 08:36 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

I don't think we eat Tigers in this country but there must be some concern about the food chain as well as interacting with pets and working animals.

We do - they’re grrrrreat.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 10:00]
Corona Virus on 09:59 - Apr 6 with 1462 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 09:52 - Apr 6 by Highjack

What is tiger cat food made from? No wonder our cats are getting it. What animals are next? Will we have to stop crocodile snogging as well?

Indeed.
Corona Virus on 09:59 - Apr 6 with 1463 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 09:52 - Apr 6 by Highjack

Charlie Sheen is f*cked.

Corona Virus on 10:15 - Apr 6 with 1442 viewschad

Corona Virus on 02:53 - Apr 6 by DJack

Just for AfD...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/coronavirus-fauci-trump-anti-malar

Absence of evidence isn’t........

Remember WHO and no evidence of human to human transmission

Wasn’t Fauci the chap who refused to accept a sneeze could travel 8 meters as it negated the protection of their 6 foot social distance. And also suggested if the odd one did go that far then just leg it quick.

Perhaps we should practice on the M4, wait until a speeding car is 6 foot away then run.
Corona Virus on 10:43 - Apr 6 with 1407 viewschad

Corona Virus on 08:33 - Apr 6 by Highjack

We are going to have to keep our distance from tigers from now on Tramp.

Last time I fill up with Esso
Corona Virus on 10:47 - Apr 6 with 1403 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 09:59 - Apr 6 by Jackinexile1

Charlie Sheen is f*cked.

That’s Tizer mun.
Corona Virus on 10:59 - Apr 6 with 1384 viewsThrasher6

The Emporer's New Clothes: Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English

This expression is often used to describe a situation in which people are afraid to criticise something because everyone else seems to think it is good or important.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Apr 6 with 1344 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We've never seen so many sick young patients'
An intensive care consultant has warned coronavirus "takes no prisoners".

Dr Ami Jones said the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport has doubled bed capacity and has opened a third intensive care unit.

The Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, which covers the city, hit more than 1,000 confirmed cases of the virus on Sunday - with many more cases likely in the community.

Dr Jones told BBC Breakfast her patients were often much younger than anticipated.

"My patients are very young, much younger than I thought," she said.

"Some are in their 20s, 30s, 40s, lots of them are in their 50s - lots of them in their 60s and 70s - and they are profoundly sick, super sick."

'Why take risks?'

The consultant said those who needed to be put on ventilators were staying on the equipment for two to three weeks.

But she also warned mortality rates for those needing the intervention remained high, at about 50%.

"Our job is to look after sick patients but we've never seen so many sick young patients," she said.

"Some of them are our colleagues from around the hospital and some of them are completely fit, young people. It makes you feel very mortal."

The doctor also had a stark message for those who felt they could flout the rules on staying at home.

"This virus takes no prisoners, it's very, very contagious, it's very easy to catch and it's a lottery really.

"I have got young, fit and well patients in my ITU that are probably going to die - and you don't know it's not going to be you.

"Why are you taking the risk, why aren't you doing the safest thing and staying at home?"

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 11:46 - Apr 6 with 1312 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Apr 6 by Joe_bradshaw

We've never seen so many sick young patients'
An intensive care consultant has warned coronavirus "takes no prisoners".

Dr Ami Jones said the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport has doubled bed capacity and has opened a third intensive care unit.

The Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, which covers the city, hit more than 1,000 confirmed cases of the virus on Sunday - with many more cases likely in the community.

Dr Jones told BBC Breakfast her patients were often much younger than anticipated.

"My patients are very young, much younger than I thought," she said.

"Some are in their 20s, 30s, 40s, lots of them are in their 50s - lots of them in their 60s and 70s - and they are profoundly sick, super sick."

'Why take risks?'

The consultant said those who needed to be put on ventilators were staying on the equipment for two to three weeks.

But she also warned mortality rates for those needing the intervention remained high, at about 50%.

"Our job is to look after sick patients but we've never seen so many sick young patients," she said.

"Some of them are our colleagues from around the hospital and some of them are completely fit, young people. It makes you feel very mortal."

The doctor also had a stark message for those who felt they could flout the rules on staying at home.

"This virus takes no prisoners, it's very, very contagious, it's very easy to catch and it's a lottery really.

"I have got young, fit and well patients in my ITU that are probably going to die - and you don't know it's not going to be you.

"Why are you taking the risk, why aren't you doing the safest thing and staying at home?"

We were definitely mislead in the early weeks and months of the virus by reports that it was almost exclusively affecting the old and the weak.
Corona Virus on 12:38 - Apr 6 with 1257 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 11:46 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

We were definitely mislead in the early weeks and months of the virus by reports that it was almost exclusively affecting the old and the weak.

Nobody ever said at any point that it is almost exclusively affecting the old and the weak. It was always said that those over a certain age or with underlying health issues would be more susceptible to problems. Young, fit people were always going to get ill or die. It’s always happened. My cousin nearly died of pneumonia last year and he’s a personal trainer and just about as fit as you can be.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 12:44 - Apr 6 with 1245 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 12:38 - Apr 6 by Highjack

Nobody ever said at any point that it is almost exclusively affecting the old and the weak. It was always said that those over a certain age or with underlying health issues would be more susceptible to problems. Young, fit people were always going to get ill or die. It’s always happened. My cousin nearly died of pneumonia last year and he’s a personal trainer and just about as fit as you can be.

Why are consultants and nurses saying they are so surprised at how much younger patients are then they expected then ?
Corona Virus on 13:45 - Apr 6 with 1197 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 02:53 - Apr 6 by DJack

Just for AfD...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/coronavirus-fauci-trump-anti-malar

What do you mean this Dr Fauci?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-hOSZ3p_wm/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_
Corona Virus on 13:49 - Apr 6 with 1186 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 12:44 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Why are consultants and nurses saying they are so surprised at how much younger patients are then they expected then ?

I agree with you. The overwhelming message being pumped out was only old fogeys and sick people were in danger. It's why young tw*ts were going around spitting at older people, and the bars remained full.

Even my wife in the NHS had been told that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 13:54 - Apr 6 with 1174 viewschad

Are they saying they are surprised or are most of them just reporting flat fact, to try and drive home the self preservation necessity to the terminally selfish, who think a cull of pensioners and the ‘defective’ of any age is OK.
Corona Virus on 13:57 - Apr 6 with 1170 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 13:49 - Apr 6 by monmouth

I agree with you. The overwhelming message being pumped out was only old fogeys and sick people were in danger. It's why young tw*ts were going around spitting at older people, and the bars remained full.

Even my wife in the NHS had been told that.

That was definitely the message that was put out - it may be that they are more at risk, but it's obviously got the potential to make anyone very sick.
A month ago I wouldn't have minded being one of the "immune herd". Not now, I don't fancy taking the chance of being in ITU.
Corona Virus on 14:18 - Apr 6 with 1147 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Maybe the old and the vulnerable took notice and kept themselves at home and safe. That would explain fewer of them in hospital as a percentage of the total than would be expected if everyone behaved the same way.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 14:22 - Apr 6 with 1138 viewsHighjack

Because this is a new illness and nurses and consultants are almost as in the dark as the rest of us. Even the WHO are still learning about it.

Corona Virus on 14:28 - Apr 6 with 1128 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 14:22 - Apr 6 by Highjack

Because this is a new illness and nurses and consultants are almost as in the dark as the rest of us. Even the WHO are still learning about it.

This is true for sure.

No one even knows how long immunity lasts if you are lucky enough to get immunity.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 1120 viewsladyjack

Why would they think that this illnesses would by and large most of the time only effect the old and weak ?, educated surgeons and nurses and the like, it's because that is what was put out there.
The initial sentiment was that doctors and nurses of working age did not expect to be dying it's a different ball game now.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 14:57]
Corona Virus on 14:47 - Apr 6 with 1105 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 14:35 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Why would they think that this illnesses would by and large most of the time only effect the old and weak ?, educated surgeons and nurses and the like, it's because that is what was put out there.
The initial sentiment was that doctors and nurses of working age did not expect to be dying it's a different ball game now.

Because EVERY illness in the history of everything ever is more dangerous when you’re old and/or weak.

Corona Virus on 15:03 - Apr 6 with 1074 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 14:47 - Apr 6 by Highjack

Because EVERY illness in the history of everything ever is more dangerous when you’re old and/or weak.

So doctors and nurses initial assumptions were wrong and as a result they are shocked to see intensive care beds been filled with adults that have not reached pensionable age and that their working age collegues are dying of the virus.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 15:06]
Corona Virus on 15:06 - Apr 6 with 1063 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 14:35 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

I think it could be down to the "virus load" that you are exposed to - at least that's what I have read. I'm not an expert by any means.
Basically if you contract it under normal circumstances, from somene in work or a pub for example, then you are less likely to get seriously ill unless you are older or at risk. If you contract from being up close and personal, like sharing a bed or caring for someone, you get exposed to more virus and potentially at greater risk of getting particularly ill.
Which is partly behind why you need to isolate from family members at home if you get the symptoms.
Corona Virus on 15:07 - Apr 6 with 1061 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Let me correct your last statement for you.
Even the WHO are still hiding what they are learning about it.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 15:21]
Corona Virus on 15:07 - Apr 6 with 2051 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:03 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

So doctors and nurses initial assumptions were wrong and as a result they are shocked to see intensive care beds been filled with adults that have not reached pensionable age and that their working age collegues are dying of the virus.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 15:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024