Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424921 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 23:50 - Apr 7 with 1554 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Apr 7 by MrSwerve

Police stopped my mother while doing spot checks at a local Tesco and said no more than 1 adult per car...is this true? Not heard it said anywhere else...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/07/england-coronavirus-lockdo

"England's coronavirus lockdown is lawful. Heavy-handed police enforcement isn't"

"...The police have no power to stop you and demand an explanation as to why you are away from your home, although common sense would dictate a courteous and cooperative response if asked such questions by an officer. Still less can officers insist on searching your shopping bags to decide whether any given item is a basic necessity or not (another undefined term but which specifically includes food and medical supplies).

There is no power to mount roadblocks or to stop vehicles at will, as has been made crystal clear in guidance issued in recent days by the National Police Chiefs Council, which coordinates policing procedures across the country.The NPCC has helpfully stressed the need for “policing by consent”, now as much as ever, but stories of overzealous officers unlawfully demanding explanations from the public have multiplied day by day..."
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 23:55]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 00:03 - Apr 8 with 1540 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 23:34 - Apr 7 by Jack123

Using chrome, and I'm now getting loads of ads on this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/, using adblocker as well, which says 44 blocked, but fcking hell how insensitive to show/allow ads on this page. Even with adblocker on, currently got a massive asda ad on left of page.

News article from Tuesday:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/08/british-news-outlets-could-fail-du

A lot of major firms are programming their adverts deliberately to avoid appearing next to coronavirus news items. They can program that in the same way that they can avoid them appearing against other bad news stories (e.g. paedophilia, wife beating, prostitution etc.). Apparently that's reducing a lot of websites' advertising revenue, which again is something that people would never have thought of.

UPDATE

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/01/newspapers-to-lose-50m-in-online-a

Newspapers to lose £50m in online ads as firms use coronavirus 'blacklist'

"UK newspapers face losing £50m in digital revenues as advertisers use “blacklist” technology to block ads from appearing next to all stories that mention the coronavirus pandemic.

When advertisers run digital campaigns they use keyword blacklists — stocked with trigger words such as “attack” and “death” — that automatically stop ads running in potentially problematic stories that feature them. Publishers say that words related to the pandemic — such as coronavirus and Covid-19 - are appearing on blacklists across the industry.

This has meant that while national and regional newspaper publishers are gaining record numbers of digital readers seeking to keep up to date about the pandemic, publishers are struggling to make ad revenue from their interest."
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 4:52]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 00:37 - Apr 8 with 1505 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 00:03 - Apr 8 by Glyn1

News article from Tuesday:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/08/british-news-outlets-could-fail-du

A lot of major firms are programming their adverts deliberately to avoid appearing next to coronavirus news items. They can program that in the same way that they can avoid them appearing against other bad news stories (e.g. paedophilia, wife beating, prostitution etc.). Apparently that's reducing a lot of websites' advertising revenue, which again is something that people would never have thought of.

UPDATE

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/01/newspapers-to-lose-50m-in-online-a

Newspapers to lose £50m in online ads as firms use coronavirus 'blacklist'

"UK newspapers face losing £50m in digital revenues as advertisers use “blacklist” technology to block ads from appearing next to all stories that mention the coronavirus pandemic.

When advertisers run digital campaigns they use keyword blacklists — stocked with trigger words such as “attack” and “death” — that automatically stop ads running in potentially problematic stories that feature them. Publishers say that words related to the pandemic — such as coronavirus and Covid-19 - are appearing on blacklists across the industry.

This has meant that while national and regional newspaper publishers are gaining record numbers of digital readers seeking to keep up to date about the pandemic, publishers are struggling to make ad revenue from their interest."
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 4:52]

Thank you, I have seen these ad choices adverts quite a few times using mobile, but not using desktop, (not that I recall anyway), turns out when i click on it, it look's like google doing it, I will have to investigate further, it's saying the website is under the usa, and for some reason I just can't turn it off at the moment. I have taken a quick look, but fck me, they are not making it easy to get rid.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 00:57 - Apr 8 with 1485 viewsJack123

USA taking an absolute battering today as well as France. :( Horrific figures 1.919 in usa and 1,417 in France..

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 00:58 - Apr 8 with 1482 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 23:34 - Apr 7 by Jack123

Using chrome, and I'm now getting loads of ads on this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/, using adblocker as well, which says 44 blocked, but fcking hell how insensitive to show/allow ads on this page. Even with adblocker on, currently got a massive asda ad on left of page.

I have zero adverts on that site...use Firefox and UBlock Origin.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 00:59 - Apr 8 with 1481 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 00:57 - Apr 8 by Jack123

USA taking an absolute battering today as well as France. :( Horrific figures 1.919 in usa and 1,417 in France..

When this things gets going in rural America watch the numbers then.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 01:07 - Apr 8 with 1475 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 00:58 - Apr 8 by DJack

I have zero adverts on that site...use Firefox and UBlock Origin.

Thanks, I only have 2 browsers installed, edge and chrome and both displaying it, easy to get rid anyway.. how fcking inappropriate is that like, absolutely unbelievable!!

edit when i say easy to get rid, that's all im doing is reporting the ad as inappropriate .
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 1:23]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 08:22 - Apr 8 with 1390 viewsHighjack

I read an article by a woman called Dr Hilary Jones and she said one of the main reasons for this illness being particularly dangerous is because it triggers a response called a Cytokine storm. Basically because we’ve all been exposed so some sort of lesser coronavirus in the past our body sort of knows how to deal with it but not quite, therefore releases far too many cytokines which causes inflammation which is particularly dangerous around the lung area.

It’s believed this is what is causing young, healthy people to die, according to this Hilary bird.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 08:45 - Apr 8 with 1376 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 23:50 - Apr 7 by Glyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/07/england-coronavirus-lockdo

"England's coronavirus lockdown is lawful. Heavy-handed police enforcement isn't"

"...The police have no power to stop you and demand an explanation as to why you are away from your home, although common sense would dictate a courteous and cooperative response if asked such questions by an officer. Still less can officers insist on searching your shopping bags to decide whether any given item is a basic necessity or not (another undefined term but which specifically includes food and medical supplies).

There is no power to mount roadblocks or to stop vehicles at will, as has been made crystal clear in guidance issued in recent days by the National Police Chiefs Council, which coordinates policing procedures across the country.The NPCC has helpfully stressed the need for “policing by consent”, now as much as ever, but stories of overzealous officers unlawfully demanding explanations from the public have multiplied day by day..."
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 23:55]

Twitter posts like this don't help either, they are practically goading people.

Corona Virus on 09:08 - Apr 8 with 1357 viewsMrSwerve

Corona Virus on 08:45 - Apr 8 by Jackinexile1

Twitter posts like this don't help either, they are practically goading people.

Can’t stand it when the emergency services try and post ‘cool’ things like this for shares and likes. Nothing to do with safety or information. They do it quite a lot.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Corona Virus on 09:13 - Apr 8 with 1350 viewsJackinexile1

That account has to be the worst...

Fair enough posting about the incident, but making a joke out of it and then the hastags #hideandseek and #wefoundyou

How old are they?

Corona Virus on 09:24 - Apr 8 with 1331 viewsMrSwerve

Corona Virus on 09:13 - Apr 8 by Jackinexile1

Fair enough posting about the incident, but making a joke out of it and then the hastags #hideandseek and #wefoundyou

How old are they?

Judging by most ‘social media manager’ posts that are made, they can’t be more than 17 years old.

Corona Virus on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 1323 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 09:08 - Apr 8 by MrSwerve

Can’t stand it when the emergency services try and post ‘cool’ things like this for shares and likes. Nothing to do with safety or information. They do it quite a lot.

It’s the tagging of Larry Lamb and Sheridan Smith that perplexes me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 1313 viewsMrSwerve

Corona Virus on 09:27 - Apr 8 by Highjack

It’s the tagging of Larry Lamb and Sheridan Smith that perplexes me.

Barry Island...Gavin and Stacey.

Corona Virus on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 1311 viewsFireboy2

How old are they?

Well I guess they are p!ssed off with dickead kids driving around the roads like maniacs putting not only themselves and the police but other members of the public in danger.

They try so many ways to get through to these blockheads that just fail perhaps a bit humour wouldnt go amiss.

I also suspect that no one was injured so they could put this out.
Corona Virus on 09:39 - Apr 8 with 1299 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 09:31 - Apr 8 by MrSwerve

Barry Island...Gavin and Stacey.

Obviously. But why do they have to tag all the actors? It’s a public safety announcement. Ignoring the fact that Sheridan Smith was a minor character at best, she must have only had one scene in a handful of episodes. It’s almost as if the people tweeting this are more interested in grabbing the attention of the cast of Gavin and Stacey than the attention of the public at large.

Corona Virus on 09:39 - Apr 8 with 1298 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 21:23 - Apr 7 by Garyjack

Because invariably it'll be a case of 'if they can do it why can't i'. Then we end up with this.

It's human nature.

Loughor Riviera on a bank holiday by the look of it.
Corona Virus on 09:55 - Apr 8 with 1263 viewsCountyJim

Local takeaway brought in 150 meals for staff last night at Royal Gwent

Nice gesture
Corona Virus on 10:05 - Apr 8 with 1242 viewsMrSwerve

Corona Virus on 09:39 - Apr 8 by Highjack

Obviously. But why do they have to tag all the actors? It’s a public safety announcement. Ignoring the fact that Sheridan Smith was a minor character at best, she must have only had one scene in a handful of episodes. It’s almost as if the people tweeting this are more interested in grabbing the attention of the cast of Gavin and Stacey than the attention of the public at large.

I wouldn’t know...never watched it.

Corona Virus on 10:07 - Apr 8 with 1231 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 10:05 - Apr 8 by MrSwerve

I wouldn’t know...never watched it.

It’s a strange show. I think they realised early on that both Gavin and Stacey were dull, boring, lifeless characters so it’s essentially been ‘The adventures of Uncle Bryn’ since about series 2.

Corona Virus on 10:13 - Apr 8 with 1215 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 10:07 - Apr 8 by Highjack

It’s a strange show. I think they realised early on that both Gavin and Stacey were dull, boring, lifeless characters so it’s essentially been ‘The adventures of Uncle Bryn’ since about series 2.

Think that's been the case since day one IMO. Ruth Jones and James Corden gave themselves interesting supporting character roles so it's always been more about the background cast.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 10:19 - Apr 8 with 1205 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 09:55 - Apr 8 by CountyJim

Local takeaway brought in 150 meals for staff last night at Royal Gwent

Nice gesture

It’s the least the Chinese could do...
Corona Virus on 10:43 - Apr 8 with 1172 viewsCatullus

How old are they?

Aggravated TWOC, maybe Welsh police could do it slightly differently and call it 'taking without permission' or TWP?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 10:48 - Apr 8 with 1161 viewsCatullus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52212390?intlink_from_url=&link_location

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 10:59 - Apr 8 with 1880 viewstheloneranger

https://www.covidvisualizer.com/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024