Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424822 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 11:54 - Apr 9 with 1381 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 11:49 - Apr 9 by sherpajacob

"Stopping inward flights from badly hit areas or checking and quarantining everybody on the planes...... ….ideas that are excellent but we didn't do them and harping on about it hardly helps now. "

----------------------
We are not even doing it now!

A question for the home secretary perhaps?

Yes but after we've beaten this crisis, not now. Ot would you prefer the government wasted time telling us (again) why they didn't do some things or that they concentrate on actually doing things?

The government will be held to account and when he gets his chance I'm sure Starmer won't pass it up.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 11:55 - Apr 9 with 1385 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 11:32 - Apr 9 by Catullus

Some of that was obviously stupid but the last 2, we didn't know how bad it was because China lied, this virus was already out in the world before we knew enough to take action. We had no choice where to put victims because there weren't options.
The PPE, the Nightingale hospitals, how could we have prepared them before we needed them when we didn't know we'd need them?
By the time it became obvious it was too late. We don't know how long this virus has been circulating and there is still so much we don't know about the virus itself.
Stopping inward flights from badly hit areas or checking and quarantining everybody on the planes, locking down sooner, they are all ideas that are excellent but we didn't do them and harping on about it hardly helps now.
People are stupid, the world over stupidity rules like a clown Prince because that's humans for you.

Sorry but thats not true.

UK govt knew in Jan.
Even this thread knew by 07 March.

UK wasted time on herd immunity theory when they should have gone hard on PPE, Testing, more ventilators, more staff, and more capacity.

This might remind you a little ...

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 12:04 - Apr 9 with 1369 viewssherpajacob

Corona Virus on 11:54 - Apr 9 by Catullus

Yes but after we've beaten this crisis, not now. Ot would you prefer the government wasted time telling us (again) why they didn't do some things or that they concentrate on actually doing things?

The government will be held to account and when he gets his chance I'm sure Starmer won't pass it up.

but they are clearly not concentrating on doing things, flights are landing today at Heathrow from new York, Madrid and Rome.

They could at least explain why they are not doing the things you think they should be concentrating on.

After the crisis will be too late for some people.

What part of the crisis is the home secretary currently concentrating on, assuming she is still drawing her ministers salary? is a fair question to ask in a functioning democracy.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Corona Virus on 12:08 - Apr 9 with 1353 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 11:55 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

Sorry but thats not true.

UK govt knew in Jan.
Even this thread knew by 07 March.

UK wasted time on herd immunity theory when they should have gone hard on PPE, Testing, more ventilators, more staff, and more capacity.

This might remind you a little ...

The government line is still that the plan hasn't changed. When we knew about the virus it was probably already here. We were already playing catch up, like I said, when Starmer gets his chance I'm sure he won't pass it up.

Mistakes have been made, I'm not saying otherwise or trying to defend those mistakes but I'd also rather we didn't end up in a brexitesque, groundhog day finger pointing schitstorm.

After we've won the war then we can hold the government up to scrutiny because one thing is for sure, we aren't having a Generl election soon. Now the Labour party has a credible leader Bojo will have to do better and one day face the consequences of what's come to pass and his actions during it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 12:15 - Apr 9 with 1344 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:08 - Apr 9 by Catullus

The government line is still that the plan hasn't changed. When we knew about the virus it was probably already here. We were already playing catch up, like I said, when Starmer gets his chance I'm sure he won't pass it up.

Mistakes have been made, I'm not saying otherwise or trying to defend those mistakes but I'd also rather we didn't end up in a brexitesque, groundhog day finger pointing schitstorm.

After we've won the war then we can hold the government up to scrutiny because one thing is for sure, we aren't having a Generl election soon. Now the Labour party has a credible leader Bojo will have to do better and one day face the consequences of what's come to pass and his actions during it.

The world new that the Chinese started building their new hospitals in January because they needed them and they finished them in the beginning of February.
It took us 9 days to convert ExCel.
So we could have had it ready by the beginning of March.
Stop making excuses for them, they learnt nothing from watching Wuhan, assuming that they even did actually take any notice.
Corona Virus on 12:27 - Apr 9 with 1324 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:15 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

The world new that the Chinese started building their new hospitals in January because they needed them and they finished them in the beginning of February.
Stop making excuses for them, they learnt nothing from watching Wuhan, assuming that they even did actually take any notice.

Making excuses am I, the Chinese knew about Covid-19 in NOVEMBER but lied about it, covered it up and possibly even killed to keep the secret. When they finally told the world about it the virus was already across the world. The W.H.O gave conflicting advice and our own government has made mistakes that measn more people will die than needed to.

The time will come to hold them to account but it's not now. Starmer will take care of it, I hope and at the next GE the people will decide.

In the meantime lets hope the government gets more right than wrong because we have little choice, unless you'd prefer we all ran about panicking?

Corona Virus on 12:35 - Apr 9 with 1316 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This is the reality of this terrible disease.

Stay at home FFS.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52227755

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 12:44 - Apr 9 with 1291 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:27 - Apr 9 by Catullus

Making excuses am I, the Chinese knew about Covid-19 in NOVEMBER but lied about it, covered it up and possibly even killed to keep the secret. When they finally told the world about it the virus was already across the world. The W.H.O gave conflicting advice and our own government has made mistakes that measn more people will die than needed to.

The time will come to hold them to account but it's not now. Starmer will take care of it, I hope and at the next GE the people will decide.

In the meantime lets hope the government gets more right than wrong because we have little choice, unless you'd prefer we all ran about panicking?

I did not say you were making excuses for the Chinese, but for our government.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 1268 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:44 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

I did not say you were making excuses for the Chinese, but for our government.

Like I said, we were always playing catch up, our government reacted poorly, made mistakes and one day they will be held to account. If that is making excuses for them then I'm guilty as charged

They will make more mistakes I am sure but they are not making them on purpose, or, if they are deliberately letting people die then hopefully they'll face their day in court.

We can't chnage what's already happened but we can remember these things and act accordingly when the time comes.

Corona Virus on 12:52 - Apr 9 with 1270 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:15 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

What difference would the Nightingale being open at the beginning of March have made?

Name one difference.

As we haven’t reached capacity in hospitals in London yet. The first people are now using Nightingale but we still have capacity within the usual hospitals and additional private hospitals.

If you can’t explain why, then just stop going on about it.

Stay in, which you’ve been told to do.
Corona Virus on 12:57 - Apr 9 with 1254 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:52 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

What difference would the Nightingale being open at the beginning of March have made?

Name one difference.

As we haven’t reached capacity in hospitals in London yet. The first people are now using Nightingale but we still have capacity within the usual hospitals and additional private hospitals.

People are forgetting Bojo is a clown not a Seer!

Corona Virus on 13:03 - Apr 9 with 1250 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 10:39 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

You are spot on and the stupidity started right from the start.
Not taking notice of what was happening in China, South Korea & Singapore.
Believing the WHO.
Listening to so called experts who thought they new better than countries that had suffered epidemics.
Not using proper quarantine protocols and shutting our borders (still not shut).
Not introducing test, track, trace and test again, because we didn't use proper quarantine.
Not preparing enough ie PPE, building Nightingale hospitals before they were needed, based on what happened in China.
Putting COVID patients in General Hospitals with all the other patients needing care because there was nowhere else to put them.

It’s impossible to keep up with what actions you wanted.

On the one hand you want a full lock down, much earlier than we had one. On the other, you want us to be like Korea, which hasn’t had a single day of lockdown.

Last week you wanted us to use a medicine before any controlled trials have been completed. A miracle medicine that’s the answer to it all, apart from the highest deaths are in the country where they’re using it.

No one will know what countries have or haven’t come out of this better or worse than any other countries until it’s over. Everyone is testing differently, reporting deaths differently, will have different lock downs, lasting for different lengths of time, new waves will hit some and not others.

Until one of two things happens, namely they develop the best treatment regimes to stop people developing severe symptoms, or they have immunity throughout the population, either by way of vaccine or people having had the disease, no one knows what is best.

So stay inside, and stop jumping on every single thing. This whole situation is dreadful. Dreadful for everyone of us, especially dreadful for those who die or who have lost loved ones.
Corona Virus on 13:07 - Apr 9 with 1240 viewsCaptain_Sham

Corona Virus on 13:03 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

On the one hand you want a full lock down, much earlier than we had one. On the other, you want us to be like Korea, which hasn’t had a single day of lockdown.

Last week you wanted us to use a medicine before any controlled trials have been completed. A miracle medicine that’s the answer to it all, apart from the highest deaths are in the country where they’re using it.

No one will know what countries have or haven’t come out of this better or worse than any other countries until it’s over. Everyone is testing differently, reporting deaths differently, will have different lock downs, lasting for different lengths of time, new waves will hit some and not others.

Until one of two things happens, namely they develop the best treatment regimes to stop people developing severe symptoms, or they have immunity throughout the population, either by way of vaccine or people having had the disease, no one knows what is best.

So stay inside, and stop jumping on every single thing. This whole situation is dreadful. Dreadful for everyone of us, especially dreadful for those who die or who have lost loved ones.

You cant argue with a sick mind so why bother trying. Just put the lunatic on ignore.

Its just a ride.

Corona Virus on 13:21 - Apr 9 with 1211 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:07 - Apr 9 by Captain_Sham

You cant argue with a sick mind so why bother trying. Just put the lunatic on ignore.

I’m just Increasingly fed up with some on here that are latching on to every single awful thing, of which there are many that we’re all seeing every day, to hurry to post it so they can criticise. No solutions, just criticism. It’s pathetic beyond belief.
Corona Virus on 13:58 - Apr 9 with 1183 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:52 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

Name one difference.

I am glad you decided to ask that question.
Unfortunately it takes joined up thinking by the government and the heads of the NHS, which no longer exists.
First of all it needs a government that does not listen to 2 experts who advise to go for herd immunity instead of proper quarantine, test, track, trace and more tests.
Next it needs both the government and the NHS bosses to understand what quarantine and "isolation" actually mean when referring to infectious deseases.
What should have happened is that either all the COV patients should have gone to the new ExCel type hospitals or all the general hospital patients went there.
Not leave them mixed together in the same hospitals with all the nurses & doctors also mixed.
Now we have the situation which I posted way back on the thread that critically ill patients will no longer get the life saving operations & treatment that they will need.

Why wait until they were overloaded.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 15:24]
Corona Virus on 14:43 - Apr 9 with 1149 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 13:58 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Unfortunately it takes joined up thinking by the government and the heads of the NHS, which no longer exists.
First of all it needs a government that does not listen to 2 experts who advise to go for herd immunity instead of proper quarantine, test, track, trace and more tests.
Next it needs both the government and the NHS bosses to understand what quarantine and "isolation" actually mean when referring to infectious deseases.
What should have happened is that either all the COV patients should have gone to the new ExCel type hospitals or all the general hospital patients went there.
Not leave them mixed together in the same hospitals with all the nurses & doctors also mixed.
Now we have the situation which I posted way back on the thread that critically ill patients will no longer get the life saving operations & treatment that they will need.

This man has called this right from day 1.
And he still is.

Some other (prominent) posters seem to want to just wish this situation away by almost slave-like adherence to the govt line. Whatever that is today ..?
Close down any debate and avoid any serious scrutiny - even when the rest of the world took a different path under the WHO direction. Test, test, test.

New Zealand has had 1 death.

We have our marvellous and heroic NHS being let down by the very top of govt.

Lack of PPE is inexcusable in itself and a crime.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 14:49 - Apr 9 with 1140 viewsOldjack

Have a word with yourselves ffs mun https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/mps-given-an-extra-10000-to-work-from

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 15:04 - Apr 9 with 1121 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:58 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Your response shows you haven’t a clue what’s going on in London.

We don’t have any mixed wards here of Covid and non Covid patients. Nor of ICU.

From the start, it was completely segregated with private hospitals providing non Covid treatment centres allowing the NHS hospitals to concentrate on Covid.

The Nightingale was built to take excess ICU demand away - at present, capacity within existing hospitals has been far better than was feared, as so many ICU beds have been found in excess of what had been in place. To date, the capacity at the Nightingale has not been neeeded.

As usual, you are basing your nonsense on half truths and complete bollox.
Corona Virus on 15:09 - Apr 9 with 1113 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 13:21 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

I’m just Increasingly fed up with some on here that are latching on to every single awful thing, of which there are many that we’re all seeing every day, to hurry to post it so they can criticise. No solutions, just criticism. It’s pathetic beyond belief.

You really have to ignore the small number of sick and malicious posters on here, in real life they probably would never cross your path. I'm always reminded of my grandfather who fought in two World Wars and spent the post war period in the Soviet Union ' surround yourself with good people ' was his motto.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 15:11 - Apr 9 with 1105 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:09 - Apr 9 by JACKMANANDBOY

You really have to ignore the small number of sick and malicious posters on here, in real life they probably would never cross your path. I'm always reminded of my grandfather who fought in two World Wars and spent the post war period in the Soviet Union ' surround yourself with good people ' was his motto.

Good advice.
Corona Virus on 15:16 - Apr 9 with 1092 viewsJoe_bradshaw

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/have-australia-new-zealand-stopped

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 16:22 - Apr 9 with 1029 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 15:04 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

Your response shows you haven’t a clue what’s going on in London.

We don’t have any mixed wards here of Covid and non Covid patients. Nor of ICU.

From the start, it was completely segregated with private hospitals providing non Covid treatment centres allowing the NHS hospitals to concentrate on Covid.

The Nightingale was built to take excess ICU demand away - at present, capacity within existing hospitals has been far better than was feared, as so many ICU beds have been found in excess of what had been in place. To date, the capacity at the Nightingale has not been neeeded.

As usual, you are basing your nonsense on half truths and complete bollox.

So you do not acknowledge today's data that Transplants have been drastically reduced?
Or that patients go to hospital with an illness and get COVID while in hospital and die?
You do not acknowledge that Operations have had to be cancelled because the ICUs are used for COVID patients or because the patients can't be put at risk of getting COVID?
In fact Royal Free London is cancelling some planned surgery from the 15th April. Their actual outpatient appointments changed since March 16th to telephone or video mostly.
You are London centric, try asking what is going on in Welsh hospitals, especially Singleton.
My own brother's heart op has been cancelled until COVID has finished.

Private hospitals were not setup to assist the NHS from the "start" the deal was not brokered until 21st March and came in to effect on the 23rd.

Neither half truths or bollox.

As for Nightingale, if it has not been needed why has it had patients since yesterday?

Other countries have shown how it should be done and it not how we have done it, but then you believed the government were right from day one.
Corona Virus on 16:27 - Apr 9 with 1022 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 13:03 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

At no time have I said I wanted a lockdown, I have from the beginning suggested proper quarantine with test, track, trace and more tests with social distancing, masks glasses & gloves.

Which of course is the South Korea, Singapore & New Zealand mthods.

The fact that the UK still has totally open borders regardless of where the person comes from is an absolute disgrace.
Corona Virus on 16:33 - Apr 9 with 1015 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 14:43 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

This man has called this right from day 1.
And he still is.

Some other (prominent) posters seem to want to just wish this situation away by almost slave-like adherence to the govt line. Whatever that is today ..?
Close down any debate and avoid any serious scrutiny - even when the rest of the world took a different path under the WHO direction. Test, test, test.

New Zealand has had 1 death.

We have our marvellous and heroic NHS being let down by the very top of govt.

Lack of PPE is inexcusable in itself and a crime.

Pointless posting against Lisa and her acolytes, she is never wrong and never admits when she is proved to be wrong by inconvenient facts.
Corona Virus on 16:37 - Apr 9 with 1648 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:22 - Apr 9 by A_Fans_Dad

So you do not acknowledge today's data that Transplants have been drastically reduced?
Or that patients go to hospital with an illness and get COVID while in hospital and die?
You do not acknowledge that Operations have had to be cancelled because the ICUs are used for COVID patients or because the patients can't be put at risk of getting COVID?
In fact Royal Free London is cancelling some planned surgery from the 15th April. Their actual outpatient appointments changed since March 16th to telephone or video mostly.
You are London centric, try asking what is going on in Welsh hospitals, especially Singleton.
My own brother's heart op has been cancelled until COVID has finished.

Private hospitals were not setup to assist the NHS from the "start" the deal was not brokered until 21st March and came in to effect on the 23rd.

Neither half truths or bollox.

As for Nightingale, if it has not been needed why has it had patients since yesterday?

Other countries have shown how it should be done and it not how we have done it, but then you believed the government were right from day one.

You’re missing the point.

Nightingale is open.

You said it should have been open from the beginning of March.

March did not see capacity in London hospitals exceeded. So it would have made no difference.

I’m talking about London because that’s the hospital you brought up, it’s in London.

I’m well aware of what is and isn’t happening and cancelled.

And I haven’t once said I agree with the government. I said weeks ago if it was up to me I’d have locked every inside for 6 months from the start.

But you are flailing around looking for effect that isn’t there. You were talking about emergency operations.
Of course outpatients etc has been changed.
As have non emergency operations. Of course planned surgeries have been postponed. If a surgery is planned for mid April by definition it’s not emergency.

I know someone in Swansea who had an emergency heart operation last week. Immediately.
Ambulance within 15 minutes and operation as soon as he arrived.

Stop conflating different things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024