Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432346 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 15:11 - Apr 6 with 2143 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 13:49 - Apr 6 by monmouth

I agree with you. The overwhelming message being pumped out was only old fogeys and sick people were in danger. It's why young tw*ts were going around spitting at older people, and the bars remained full.

Even my wife in the NHS had been told that.

Yes indeed.
Corona Virus on 15:16 - Apr 6 with 2128 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 15:06 - Apr 6 by Scotia

I think it could be down to the "virus load" that you are exposed to - at least that's what I have read. I'm not an expert by any means.
Basically if you contract it under normal circumstances, from somene in work or a pub for example, then you are less likely to get seriously ill unless you are older or at risk. If you contract from being up close and personal, like sharing a bed or caring for someone, you get exposed to more virus and potentially at greater risk of getting particularly ill.
Which is partly behind why you need to isolate from family members at home if you get the symptoms.

Now the Chinese apparently in many cases were taken out of the family environment and isolated in modified dormitories or modified school halls or gyms or special clinics or hospitals as opposed to us staying in the main in the family unit at home.
Corona Virus on 15:29 - Apr 6 with 2100 viewsCountyJim

Thats nice the local Jewish community dropped off a lorry load of fruit and vegetables for the staff at my hospital
Corona Virus on 15:42 - Apr 6 with 2081 viewschad

Corona Virus on 14:35 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Why would they think that this illnesses would by and large most of the time only effect the old and weak ?, educated surgeons and nurses and the like, it's because that is what was put out there.
The initial sentiment was that doctors and nurses of working age did not expect to be dying it's a different ball game now.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 14:57]

I think just that you would be at higher risk if you were older or had underlying health conditions. It has proved to be much more risky in such cases. But it is so infectious and problematic that it is unsurprising that it is causing serious issues with many younger people to.
Corona Virus on 15:44 - Apr 6 with 2075 viewsSwanjaxs

Pep Guardiola's mum has sadly passed away with coronavirus now.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 15:52 - Apr 6 with 2047 viewschad

Corona Virus on 14:22 - Apr 6 by Highjack

Because this is a new illness and nurses and consultants are almost as in the dark as the rest of us. Even the WHO are still learning about it.

Indeed, understandable, WHO would (n’t) have thought the droplets from a cough or sneeze would travel more than a metre

If they cannot afford a high speed camera, perhaps I could send them an A2 blotter refill and see if between them they can work out an experiment.

Let’s hope too many more don’t die whilst they are thinking about it.
Corona Virus on 16:14 - Apr 6 with 2018 viewskarnataka

I agree with you. The overwhelming message being pumped out was only old fogeys and sick people were in danger. It's why young tw*ts were going around spitting at older people, and the bars remained full.

It was probably to do with the evidence from Italy. The 17 deaths by the end of February were 77, 78, 84, 88, 80, 62, 84, 91, 83, 69, 88, 80, 85, 77, 80+ & 80+.

In one week in February, 5 people in Italy under 21 (4. 15, 10, 10 & 17) were all diagnosed positive, went to hospital and all were discharged within a few days.
Corona Virus on 16:34 - Apr 6 with 1975 viewsThebus

It’s also idiotic people like you, going into Tesco when you are showing symptoms.
Idiot.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 16:42 - Apr 6 with 1969 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 16:14 - Apr 6 by karnataka

It was probably to do with the evidence from Italy. The 17 deaths by the end of February were 77, 78, 84, 88, 80, 62, 84, 91, 83, 69, 88, 80, 85, 77, 80+ & 80+.

In one week in February, 5 people in Italy under 21 (4. 15, 10, 10 & 17) were all diagnosed positive, went to hospital and all were discharged within a few days.

Yes that is likely.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 16:44]
Corona Virus on 20:27 - Apr 6 with 1825 viewsOldjack

Boris has gone into Intensive Care! now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 09:39 - Apr 7 with 1698 viewsCountyJim

An old shift manager of mine from Llanwern Coke ovens is one of the latest victims of this terrible virus 😢 so sad
Corona Virus on 11:36 - Apr 7 with 1631 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 11:46 - Apr 7 with 1610 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:36 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

That’s a ridiculous way of describing what is happening. The FT should be ashamed.

It’s a delay. Due to us being in a period of exponential growth it will result in significant under reporting in the daily figures.

The reverse will apply in a week / two weeks, where deaths will be significantly over reported for the same reason. By definition, they will harmonise.
Corona Virus on 12:08 - Apr 7 with 1577 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 11:36 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

The bbc did a similar thing yesterday, when the latest deaths were announced, I thought it was pretty good thing the figures were dropping, but it was all still doom and gloom from the bbc.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52167016

When the figures were high the previous days, massive headline most deaths yet!, the figures fall dramatically, and they run a story that the figures are inaccurate..
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 12:16]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 12:38 - Apr 7 with 1537 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 12:08 - Apr 7 by Jack123

The bbc did a similar thing yesterday, when the latest deaths were announced, I thought it was pretty good thing the figures were dropping, but it was all still doom and gloom from the bbc.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52167016

When the figures were high the previous days, massive headline most deaths yet!, the figures fall dramatically, and they run a story that the figures are inaccurate..
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 12:16]

Journalists don't understand statistics, you can see that in the reporting every day, if they had listened to Dr Harries in the daily briefing a few days ago she explained all this in detail.

Never mind let's print some sensationalist bollocks rather than as spend time learning about how things work in reality.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 13:31 - Apr 7 with 1497 viewsDr_Winston

The death rate is about 1,000 per week up on the average for this period over the last five years according to figures I saw earlier. I guess this is where you need to drill down into the details to find out if people are dying with CV or dying of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 14:00 - Apr 7 with 1459 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 13:31 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

The death rate is about 1,000 per week up on the average for this period over the last five years according to figures I saw earlier. I guess this is where you need to drill down into the details to find out if people are dying with CV or dying of it.

Yes, one of the challenges for any data collection effort is to to get reliable consistent data that reflects what is actually happening. What we do know is that hospitals are under a lot of pressure and people are dying having been admitted with the virus.
So job one is to stop the flow of admissions whilst we learn as much as we can about the root cause by gathering all the information we can and sharing with as many people that is manageable in the situation we find ourselves in.

One simple example of the data collection challenge is the Scots say they are reporting weekend data on a Monday.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 14:20]

Corona Virus on 14:09 - Apr 7 with 1447 viewsScotia

It looks like Swansea Bay is now the hot-spot in Wales. At least as far as confirmed cases. 78 new today, significant drops further east.
Corona Virus on 14:12 - Apr 7 with 1440 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 14:09 - Apr 7 by Scotia

It looks like Swansea Bay is now the hot-spot in Wales. At least as far as confirmed cases. 78 new today, significant drops further east.

Not surprising with everyone out and about as if everything is fine.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 14:16 - Apr 7 with 1434 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 14:12 - Apr 7 by Highjack

Not surprising with everyone out and about as if everything is fine.

On a similar but not necessarily related note, I have just caught up with an old colleague in Paris, she said too many people have been going out in recent days and now there is a jump in the number of cases and in Paris there is a daytime curfew on exercise now.

If people don't stay at home.......
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 14:21]

Corona Virus on 15:13 - Apr 7 with 1386 viewslandorejack

78 is total not new today
Corona Virus on 15:18 - Apr 7 with 1375 viewsDr_Winston

490 total in Swansea/Neath/Port Talbot according to the BBC.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 16:48 - Apr 7 with 1306 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 15:18 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

490 total in Swansea/Neath/Port Talbot according to the BBC.

Yep. 490 total 78 new today.
On a more positive note new cases have dropped by about 50% in SE Wales so hopefully we'll be heading that way in a few days, and Wales total is down a bit on yesterday.
Corona Virus on 17:52 - Apr 7 with 1239 viewsmonmouth

https://covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales/

I think newport was quicker on the testing at the outset, so maybe the trend will drop now at AB. Doesn't give fatality/recovery info.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Apr 7 with 1781 viewsMrSwerve

Police stopped my mother while doing spot checks at a local Tesco and said no more than 1 adult per car...is this true? Not heard it said anywhere else...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024