Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432540 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:55 - Apr 11 with 1239 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Apr 11 by Catullus

The lack of equipment is partially to do with global demand though, surely? It's not just the UK that's desperate to get all PPE it can.

If the Uk is doing such a woeful job the French government must be even bigger clowns as they have roughly 3 million more people but over 3000 more deaths, as of last night.

In Japan, like many other Asian countries, they were all wearing facemasks and though the big cities are densely populated they are very strict about physical contact and cleanliness. Maybe the virus hasn't sread so much becaue of those things.

Of course in the Uk thousands of people ignored the social distancing rule, I'm sure they did in other countries too so maybe gross stupidity played it's part. I'm not saying the government has done the best job they could but when they set out guidelines and tens of thousands ignore them and queue up for Skiing at Aviemore, to climb Snowdon or sit in large groups in parks, aren't we looking at an inevitable outcome?

The government bears some responsibility yes, but stupid people do too.

On a per capita basis you can add in the likes of Belgium. Many European countries are in similar positions.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 12:58 - Apr 11 with 1236 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Apr 11 by Catullus

The lack of equipment is partially to do with global demand though, surely? It's not just the UK that's desperate to get all PPE it can.

If the Uk is doing such a woeful job the French government must be even bigger clowns as they have roughly 3 million more people but over 3000 more deaths, as of last night.

In Japan, like many other Asian countries, they were all wearing facemasks and though the big cities are densely populated they are very strict about physical contact and cleanliness. Maybe the virus hasn't sread so much becaue of those things.

Of course in the Uk thousands of people ignored the social distancing rule, I'm sure they did in other countries too so maybe gross stupidity played it's part. I'm not saying the government has done the best job they could but when they set out guidelines and tens of thousands ignore them and queue up for Skiing at Aviemore, to climb Snowdon or sit in large groups in parks, aren't we looking at an inevitable outcome?

The government bears some responsibility yes, but stupid people do too.

I don't think the government have done an entirely bad job. Far from it, we seem to be controlling the spread of the disease and haven't reached hospital capacity which is great.

It just seemed to take until yesterday for Hancock to kick off his Herculean mission to get ppe to those who need it. Surely he should have sorted that out weeks ago, if a vacuum cleaner company can make a ventilator then British companies could surely have made some ppe.
Corona Virus on 13:16 - Apr 11 with 1213 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 11:20 - Apr 11 by Kilkennyjack

You might have thought that having a large moat all around Great Britain might have been an advantage mind ....?

Just saying ...

Yes water is very effective until some radical technology is invented to traverse it, some sort of buoyant vessel maybe, or a futuristic flying machine.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 13:35 - Apr 11 with 1178 viewsNotLoyal

Corona Virus on 13:16 - Apr 11 by Highjack

Yes water is very effective until some radical technology is invented to traverse it, some sort of buoyant vessel maybe, or a futuristic flying machine.

I want one of them, don’t care if it doesn’t fly mind.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona Virus on 13:37 - Apr 11 with 1171 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 12:58 - Apr 11 by Scotia

I don't think the government have done an entirely bad job. Far from it, we seem to be controlling the spread of the disease and haven't reached hospital capacity which is great.

It just seemed to take until yesterday for Hancock to kick off his Herculean mission to get ppe to those who need it. Surely he should have sorted that out weeks ago, if a vacuum cleaner company can make a ventilator then British companies could surely have made some ppe.

Johnson said on March 15th that all care workers needing protection would have it in a week.

F*cking chancers.

Every government in the world would struggle with this but we need parliament back NOW to ask the questions that need to be asked, and the first question is, ‘why are you making things up and trying to blame others, like footballers, to take the spotlight off you?.’

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 13:39 - Apr 11 with 1166 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 13:35 - Apr 11 by NotLoyal

I want one of them, don’t care if it doesn’t fly mind.

We are in truly remarkable times where kilkennyjack, usually the great champion of letting as many people in as possible is moaning because the government didn’t shut the borders immediately.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 13:44 - Apr 11 with 1155 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 12:52 - Apr 11 by Treforys_Jack

Unlucky mush , 2 tickets, ffs 1 would have been bad, but 2..............

Ha! Its good of them to put on a free gig fair does
Corona Virus on 14:02 - Apr 11 with 1114 viewsPegojack

Corona Virus on 13:37 - Apr 11 by monmouth

Johnson said on March 15th that all care workers needing protection would have it in a week.

F*cking chancers.

Every government in the world would struggle with this but we need parliament back NOW to ask the questions that need to be asked, and the first question is, ‘why are you making things up and trying to blame others, like footballers, to take the spotlight off you?.’

Spot on. Hancock has been doing his very best impression of a human being for a few weeks now and the strain has finally told, the mask (ha!) has slipped.

Telling NHS workers not to waste PPS, for feck's sake, you shameless Tory cůnt.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 14:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Apr 11 with 1040 viewsPozuelosSideys

Something to bear in mind. The UK has the third highest population density per mile in Europe. Only the Netherlands and Belgium are higher but they have 25% and 18% of the population the UK has respectively. That will play a significant part as there is flat out less space for each person to move about in. Factor in large chunks are mountainous and places like Wales are largely condensed on the North and South coasts and it all adds up to a significant influence. People forget there are a helluva lot of people in the UK for a relatively smallish landmass and the open freedom to move about as you please in a well connected country.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 15:20 - Apr 11 with 1030 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Apr 11 by PozuelosSideys

Something to bear in mind. The UK has the third highest population density per mile in Europe. Only the Netherlands and Belgium are higher but they have 25% and 18% of the population the UK has respectively. That will play a significant part as there is flat out less space for each person to move about in. Factor in large chunks are mountainous and places like Wales are largely condensed on the North and South coasts and it all adds up to a significant influence. People forget there are a helluva lot of people in the UK for a relatively smallish landmass and the open freedom to move about as you please in a well connected country.

Yes we have a very high population density and also a lot of our population are very dense.

Corona Virus on 15:46 - Apr 11 with 987 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 15:20 - Apr 11 by Highjack

Yes we have a very high population density and also a lot of our population are very dense.

Brexiters, natch.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 16:14 - Apr 11 with 953 viewsexiledclaseboy

They’re letting Priti Patel do today’s daily briefing. Kinell. Possibly the least sympathetic human in British politics today.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 16:15 - Apr 11 with 955 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 15:15 - Apr 11 by PozuelosSideys

Population density within the major cities where outbreaks are centred won't be much different between nations. Places with a lot of uninhabitable regions have a lower population density but not because everyone spread out a safe distance.
Corona Virus on 16:19 - Apr 11 with 944 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 16:14 - Apr 11 by exiledclaseboy

They’re letting Priti Patel do today’s daily briefing. Kinell. Possibly the least sympathetic human in British politics today.

Aye but in the briefing she has sent us her thoughts and prayers...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 16:20 - Apr 11 with 938 viewssainthelens

Nobody be watching, they all down the beach.
Corona Virus on 16:30 - Apr 11 with 923 viewslondonlisa2001

No way.

I came close to throwing something at the tv yesterday. Oh dear.
Corona Virus on 16:33 - Apr 11 with 918 viewstheloneranger

"Coronavirus lingers in air longer than previously thought, scientists warn"

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-3d-model-reveals-how-covid-19-can-spr

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 16:50 - Apr 11 with 896 viewslifelong

She’s spouting an incredible amount of waffle...cringe worthy.
Corona Virus on 16:53 - Apr 11 with 882 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 16:50 - Apr 11 by lifelong

She’s spouting an incredible amount of waffle...cringe worthy.

I find it impossible to watch her speak for any length of time so I’ve skipped it.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 16:55 - Apr 11 with 880 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:53 - Apr 11 by exiledclaseboy

I find it impossible to watch her speak for any length of time so I’ve skipped it.

She is actually not as bad as I feared. Some of what she’s saying is sensible.
Corona Virus on 16:58 - Apr 11 with 863 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:33 - Apr 11 by theloneranger

"Coronavirus lingers in air longer than previously thought, scientists warn"

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-3d-model-reveals-how-covid-19-can-spr

The bit that’s impossible at present for them to give any definitive advice on, from what they’ve said, is how much of the virus is needed to infect someone. In other words, they can find traces in the air, or on surfaces, for different amounts of time, or at different differences away from infected people, but they can’t tell how much is needed to cause an issue.

That’s one of the big unknowns.
Corona Virus on 17:00 - Apr 11 with 852 viewslondonlisa2001

Professor Powis is always very good at these briefings,

We haven’t seen Dr Jenny Harries for ages - she was very good as well.
Corona Virus on 17:01 - Apr 11 with 851 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:55 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

Ok - now she’s started being really annoying about how much she’s doing.
Corona Virus on 17:04 - Apr 11 with 846 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 16:55 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

Apart from the fact,that when asked if the Government would apologise to NHS staff for the lack of PPE,and the resultant deaths she clearly avoided the question,shocking.
Corona Virus on 17:07 - Apr 11 with 1123 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:04 - Apr 11 by jack2jack

Apart from the fact,that when asked if the Government would apologise to NHS staff for the lack of PPE,and the resultant deaths she clearly avoided the question,shocking.

To clarify, I mean not as bad as I expected when compared to any of the rest of them. I’m starting from a base, as many on here know, of believing her to be one of the worst politicians that’s ever existed.

None of them will admit that the PPE situation should be apologised for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024