Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 438009 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 23:29 - Apr 11 with 1786 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 21:25 - Apr 11 by leighton1318

A Marxist would say it is essential to keep the booze flowing. Edit - that the Govt would want to see the booze flowing ... to stop the people from rioting.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 21:27]

Normally you are not a prick...well tonight you have excelled yourself.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 23:34 - Apr 11 with 1770 viewschad

Corona Virus on 23:28 - Apr 11 by DJack

You are a tedious prick at the best of times...do STFU.

Projection?
Corona Virus on 23:48 - Apr 11 with 1749 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 23:34 - Apr 11 by chad

Projection?

So I'm a prick, guess what that makes you then!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 00:18 - Apr 12 with 1722 viewschad

Corona Virus on 23:48 - Apr 11 by DJack

So I'm a prick, guess what that makes you then!

You seemed to have missed the question mark, it was you who brought up pricks not me, abuse not my thing

As for what that makes me - well Chad of course
Corona Virus on 00:28 - Apr 12 with 1714 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 11 by londonlisa2001

Of course it does. But SHE can’t do that today. That’s the only point I’m making.

I think, the way that these investigations go, an apology would be seen as an admission that they could have done better.

That’s the issue really. It’s not that the shortage of PPE isn’t a disgrace, it’s whether it realistically could have been done differently given the situation. All countries seem to be saying similar things to us. The bit I think that they are absolutely culpable for, is that my understanding is that companies like Burberry volunteered weeks ago to manufacture gowns and that they weren’t taken up on it. That’s a complete disgrace if true.

The Telegraph is reporting an shortages of PPE including gowns and supplies are being flown in from China and that B and Q have donated a million masks(Article is behind a paywall). Meanwhile the Sunday Mirror is exporting shortages of medication.

If companies like Burberry offered to make surgical gowns a couple of weeks ago, why on Earth didn’t they order a load, it’s a no brainier. There’s a link to below to a Port Talbot company who have worked with Tata Steel and the Royal Mint to produce visors, their first production run did a 1,000, they are gearing up to 10,000 a day and have enough material to make 190,000. We need to use the facilities and talent in this country to turn out the PPE our front line staff need. Maybe bin bag manufacturers can make aprons instead of ball bags plastics etc. There are options, it’s a case of harnessing our companies.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/manufacturing/port-talbot-firm-producing-nearly-
Corona Virus on 02:14 - Apr 12 with 1664 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 00:18 - Apr 12 by chad

You seemed to have missed the question mark, it was you who brought up pricks not me, abuse not my thing

As for what that makes me - well Chad of course

The lady doth protest to much eh s PRAT ty.

As to abuse "not your thing"..deluded, the barbs you throw at your bet noire and recently myself indicate a different frame of mind.

Corona Virus on 02:36 - Apr 12 with 1653 viewsDJack

Hey Chod, here is an article for you to try to attack Lisa or myself with.. Oh no, it ontains facts so you cant!

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41423-020-0424-9

Corona Virus on 09:50 - Apr 12 with 1535 viewssainthelens

New Govt recommendation are reducing the benefits for dwarfs. Gonna be tough for them.
They'll struggle to put food on the table.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 09:59 - Apr 12 with 1528 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 09:50 - Apr 12 by sainthelens

New Govt recommendation are reducing the benefits for dwarfs. Gonna be tough for them.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 10:09 - Apr 12 with 1510 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 09:50 - Apr 12 by sainthelens

I like you, you are funny
Corona Virus on 10:36 - Apr 12 with 1481 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 23:14 - Apr 11 by majorraglan

The CEO’s do need to be held to account, but ultimately they are briefed and work to guidance published by the Dept of Health, PHE and PHW. How can they buy all this xtra kit if they have no money and are already struggling to balance the books?

They have got this wrong, they should have been buying masks, gloves, gowns and looking at scoping ventilator design and manufacturing months ago, not a mad rush in a March. They are talking about logistics delivering PPE etc. We can call on the army, Hermes, TNT, and numerous of other contractors it’s mental.

That’s the sort of person who’d blame the Grenfell residents for the fire.

Let’s not forget who put the CEO system for the NHS in place - it was the government.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 10:44 - Apr 12 with 1466 viewsKilkennyjack

At last the questions are being asked straight.
No answers obviously.....

Dreadful people running UK govt at the moment.
Zero empathy.

Focusing on throwing the scientists, the health care workers, and the public under the bus.
Worst. In. Europe.

Explain that. Nobody fecking cares that Johnson is in ‘good spirits’ ffs ...

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 10:56 - Apr 12 with 1445 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 10:44 - Apr 12 by Kilkennyjack

Zero empathy.

Focusing on throwing the scientists, the health care workers, and the public under the bus.
Worst. In. Europe.

It’s certainly not looking good, Italy was lambasted for the way they managed it and we are on a trajectory that could make it even worse.

These people are putting themselves up for offices of state, the awkward questions have to be asked account and must be answered.
Corona Virus on 11:17 - Apr 12 with 1413 viewsleighton1318

Corona Virus on 23:29 - Apr 11 by DJack

Normally you are not a prick...well tonight you have excelled yourself.

I’m guessing you don’t agree with my point? Your language is unclear.

Let me explain. The Marxist angle is that Govt lets the masses have just enough to be comfortable and stay in their place. The simple pleasures of alcoholic refreshment fall into that category.

Take the booze away, as a few psychos on this thread seems to want, and you will be far more likely to precipitate trouble.

I’m not (particularly) a Marxist btw but The Local State by Cynthia Cockburn is (was) a very good read.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 11:28]
Corona Virus on 11:21 - Apr 12 with 1402 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 10:44 - Apr 12 by Kilkennyjack

Zero empathy.

Worst. In. Europe.

Femi ffs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 11:47 - Apr 12 with 1360 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 11:21 - Apr 12 by Highjack

Femi ffs.

It's disgusting the questions being asked, answers that can't 100% be given and answers not to be given to avoid even more mass panic/worry in the country.

Some questions can't be answered and the obvious ones we all know the answer, there is no easy route with this virus and some of you need to fook up and realise the difficult situation many including the gov are in, to make underhand gains in the scenario we are in is absolutely disgusting.

There should be no hate in this time..... We need support and positivity.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 11:54 - Apr 12 with 1348 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 11:47 - Apr 12 by magicdaps10

It's disgusting the questions being asked, answers that can't 100% be given and answers not to be given to avoid even more mass panic/worry in the country.

Some questions can't be answered and the obvious ones we all know the answer, there is no easy route with this virus and some of you need to fook up and realise the difficult situation many including the gov are in, to make underhand gains in the scenario we are in is absolutely disgusting.

There should be no hate in this time..... We need support and positivity.

People like Femi are just so full of hate for Britain that compassion and logic just don’t count with him. We were always going to have one of the highest death tolls in Europe because we have one of the highest populations in Europe.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 12:01 - Apr 12 with 1328 viewsdickythorpe

I repeat, watch Andrew Cuomo's daily updates around 4pm on CNN

I know it's about New York, BUT a lot of far more articulate people speak about "flattening the curve" etc

And best of all, no points scoring or trying to trip anyone up.

In Britain we always want someone to blame or try and prove not enough was/is being done.

Already people whinging about the economy and wealth and not being out and about.

"In it together" be fúcked.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 12:02]
Corona Virus on 12:04 - Apr 12 with 1321 viewsraynor94

Corona Virus on 20:40 - Apr 11 by hobo

All alcohol should be removed from sale. Looking at the queues from the local supermarket yesterday, and the scores of people leaving the store with beer/wine was shameful

Do you enjoy a drink then?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Corona Virus on 12:07 - Apr 12 with 1314 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 11:54 - Apr 12 by Highjack

People like Femi are just so full of hate for Britain that compassion and logic just don’t count with him. We were always going to have one of the highest death tolls in Europe because we have one of the highest populations in Europe.

The past needs to be left there, our country is not the same country led by the same gov 100s years ago.

Its sad that people still live with this hate in them and when they are using that hate to have a dig in the situation we are in today....... They are no better than those imbeciles 100s of years ago.

Corona Virus on 12:09 - Apr 12 with 1310 viewsjasper_T

Germany 83,783,942 (2,871)
United Kingdom 67,886,011 (9,875)
France 65,273,511 (13,832)
Italy 60,461,826 (19,468)
Spain 46,754,778 (16,606)
Belgium 11,589,623 (3,600)
Wales 3,136,800 (351)
Corona Virus on 12:11 - Apr 12 with 1304 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 12:01 - Apr 12 by dickythorpe

I repeat, watch Andrew Cuomo's daily updates around 4pm on CNN

I know it's about New York, BUT a lot of far more articulate people speak about "flattening the curve" etc

And best of all, no points scoring or trying to trip anyone up.

In Britain we always want someone to blame or try and prove not enough was/is being done.

Already people whinging about the economy and wealth and not being out and about.

"In it together" be fúcked.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 12:02]

No wonder MPs don't answer questions or hesitate a lot..... When they know everyone is waiting to jump on what they say.

This is not about alcohol going up by 2% here!

Corona Virus on 12:42 - Apr 12 with 1261 viewsKilkennyjack

Attacking the messenger when you don't like the message ?

Uk Govt has fecked this up big time, and people should not be afraid to say it.

I think people that call it out are far more caring for this country, than people who meekly accept an approach that has clearly failed.

NHS lions led by UK Govt donkeys.

Where is the PPE kit that the nurses need ?

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 13:03 - Apr 12 with 1222 viewsPentyrchJack

The death toll reported is just the tip of the iceberg as it excludes patients who die in care homes and in the community. The Govt should have the balls to clarify that the daily numbers are only a fraction of the total deaths. This may then reinforce the "STAY IN" message. There's an interesting article which shows the death toll could be many times more based on research in Italy:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-04-01/coronavirus-italy-shows-we

Italy’s experience shows that countries may also be underestimating the other side of the ratio: the death toll. As hospitals become overcrowded, patients are being asked to stay at home until they display the most serious symptoms. Many will die in their houses or nursing homes and may not even be counted as Covid-19 cases unless they’re tested post-mortem.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Corona Virus on 13:12 - Apr 12 with 1850 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 13:03 - Apr 12 by PentyrchJack

The death toll reported is just the tip of the iceberg as it excludes patients who die in care homes and in the community. The Govt should have the balls to clarify that the daily numbers are only a fraction of the total deaths. This may then reinforce the "STAY IN" message. There's an interesting article which shows the death toll could be many times more based on research in Italy:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-04-01/coronavirus-italy-shows-we

Italy’s experience shows that countries may also be underestimating the other side of the ratio: the death toll. As hospitals become overcrowded, patients are being asked to stay at home until they display the most serious symptoms. Many will die in their houses or nursing homes and may not even be counted as Covid-19 cases unless they’re tested post-mortem.

The death toll reported needs to be more truthful in many countries.

My sister/brother in law are gardai and the amount of covid 19 deaths not declared in county Sligo is staggering. Old people homes closing because the social distancing can't be adhered to due to its size, the deaths being put down to old age.

Unfortunately a lot of countries will give true figures, others will look at the long game in terms of praise of numbers. Don't be foolish to believe everything that you read...... Unfortunately there is going to be a lot playing the gain game and aiming to come out of it with plaudits rather than give the full truth/s.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024