Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437090 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 10 with 1234 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 20:14 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

He hasn’t even remotely done that.

Did people listen to what was said or just read bollox on social media?

The only change in England is schools MAY reopen at the end of the month for reception and year 6. And you can be outside for longer from Wednesday as long as you’re safe.

He said that people who can work safely should do so. Which has been the situation from the start. But said specifically that they should avoid public transport to get there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

So no limit on how far you can drive to exercise? My point still stands, the fools will use this to come to Wales.

And I quote "People in England are free to drive somewhere to exercise"
[Post edited 10 May 2020 20:44]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 10 with 1231 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:38 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Thankfully many people here are grateful that we can ignore Johnson and stick to our own guidelines.

Indeed.

Less grateful no one can get a test I imagine.
Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 10 with 1230 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:42 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

They’re wrong then.

We had an update weeks ago in England that you could drive to get to where you were exercising as long as the exercise was longer than the drive. People mentioned it on here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/16/driving-for-exercise-allowed-under

Yeah that’s the police guidelines I referred to. It’s now been made a formal part of the lockdown advice in England. It wasn’t before.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:46 - May 10 with 1212 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Indeed.

Little bit uncalled for when lives are at stake. You seem to be pushing an England v Wales card for some reason. I’m surprised at that. I mean, I’m sure we could both happily list the failings of both the Welsh and UK governments in responding to this crisis but what would be the point of that?

Corona Virus on 20:46 - May 10 with 1212 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah that’s the police guidelines I referred to. It’s now been made a formal part of the lockdown advice in England. It wasn’t before.

So we could do it before. Everyone here knew we could do it before. The police wouldn’t stop us doing it before. And now it’s formal.

So absolutely no practical change?

Come on mun.

He’s a complete arse, but literally f*** all has been changed today. Not for us In England anyway. And no one else is bound by it, as has been pointed out.
Corona Virus on 20:46 - May 10 with 1202 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 20:43 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Indeed.

You're better than that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 20:47 - May 10 with 1196 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:46 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Little bit uncalled for when lives are at stake. You seem to be pushing an England v Wales card for some reason. I’m surprised at that. I mean, I’m sure we could both happily list the failings of both the Welsh and UK governments in responding to this crisis but what would be the point of that?

‘ Thankfully many people here are grateful that we can ignore Johnson and stick to our own guidelines’

It was a direct response to this post.

I’m glad you’re all grateful.
Corona Virus on 20:49 - May 10 with 1178 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:46 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

So we could do it before. Everyone here knew we could do it before. The police wouldn’t stop us doing it before. And now it’s formal.

So absolutely no practical change?

Come on mun.

He’s a complete arse, but literally f*** all has been changed today. Not for us In England anyway. And no one else is bound by it, as has been pointed out.

You can keep saying it but it won’t make it true. Quite a bit has changed. It’s not earth shattering, granted, but they are small but significant changes. And England is now rightly or wrongly out of step with the rest of the UK. Given that the vast majority of the population is in England if it goes wrong it’ll have consequences for all of us. So let’s hope it doesn’t.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:50 - May 10 with 1166 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:47 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

‘ Thankfully many people here are grateful that we can ignore Johnson and stick to our own guidelines’

It was a direct response to this post.

I’m glad you’re all grateful.

Yes I know what it was a response to. Your crack about testing capacity was childish and as I said, uncalled for. I’m glad you’ll be able to get a test if you need one though. Perhaps you should get one anyway seeing as they still can’t hit the target.

See, two can play at that game.

Corona Virus on 20:55 - May 10 with 1142 viewsBillyChong

Corona Virus on 20:19 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

There was more than that. Employees in England are now “actively encouraged” to go back to work. That’s a change. People will also be allowed to “sit in parks” which wasn’t allowed before and caused much outrage over the weekend and previously. Sports are also to be allowed (tennis and golf have been mentioned so that’ll be a major boost for your average working type). Unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise in fact.

That’s how I heard it. What was his nonsense about the R rating being somewhere between 0.5 and 1, but closer to 1? As if those thresholds make little difference. Incredibly glad to be living in Wales at the moment.
Corona Virus on 20:56 - May 10 with 1135 viewsBillyChong

Corona Virus on 20:30 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

I think there are significant differences as of tonight.

Huge change in emphasis
Corona Virus on 20:59 - May 10 with 1127 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 20:42 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

They’re wrong then.

We had an update weeks ago in England that you could drive to get to where you were exercising as long as the exercise was longer than the drive. People mentioned it on here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/16/driving-for-exercise-allowed-under

I live in England and I recall something like that too, not sure who said it though so can't confirm whether or not it was an official Westminster statement but it was definitely said. Mind you, I didn't pay much attention to it (as you probably already guessed) as I only need to go 10m out of the front gate and over a stile and I'm in the first of a hundred fields.
Corona Virus on 20:59 - May 10 with 1127 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 20:37 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Not according to BBC and pretty much every major news organisation who are all reporting it as a change. I remember some police guidance on the regulations which posited that driving for exercise would count as a “reasonable excuse” for being out but it was never part of the official government-issued guidance.

As much as Lisa is commenting, she doesn't realise the implementations we have different to England now, I think it's one of those spectacularly missed the point moments. :(

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 21:08 - May 10 with 1092 viewsJack123

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 21:09 - May 10 with 1086 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:46 - May 10 by Neath_Jack

You're better than that.

It works both ways.

I’ve said for ages that it’s f***ing stupid that Wales doesn’t have testing.

But being told ‘at least we’re grateful we don’t need to listen to him’ is not acceptable either for those that live in England on this board.
Corona Virus on 21:11 - May 10 with 1075 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:50 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Yes I know what it was a response to. Your crack about testing capacity was childish and as I said, uncalled for. I’m glad you’ll be able to get a test if you need one though. Perhaps you should get one anyway seeing as they still can’t hit the target.

See, two can play at that game.

So was the crack about being grateful you have separate guidelines.

I can’t get a test whether I need one or not. I meet none of the categories.
Corona Virus on 21:13 - May 10 with 1072 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:09 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

It works both ways.

But being told ‘at least we’re grateful we don’t need to listen to him’ is not acceptable either for those that live in England on this board.

People are literally dying through lack of testing here in Wales.

For you to use that to try and point score against ECB, is uncalled for and crass.

The comment ECB made is a million miles from your retort.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 21:13 - May 10 with 1071 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:59 - May 10 by Jack123

As much as Lisa is commenting, she doesn't realise the implementations we have different to England now, I think it's one of those spectacularly missed the point moments. :(

Yes, I do realise that.

And none of what was said tonight impacts anyone living in Wales.
Corona Virus on 21:15 - May 10 with 1060 viewsBillyChong

I know quite a few people who have been tested in wales with no problems. I only know the one person who had an issue and ended up driving miles to be tested - almost a four hour round trip.
Corona Virus on 21:16 - May 10 with 1051 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:09 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

It works both ways.

Why is it not acceptable to point out that Wales (and Scotland. And Northern Ireland) now have different rules to where you live so we don’t (in fact, legally can’t, in many cases) follow the guidelines Johnson announced for England tonight? It’s hardly the same as trying to make a cheap point about testing and I wasn’t defending Wales’s lamentable record in that area. Having listened to Johnson tonight and read the changes for England in some detail I’m happy that we have different rules here for now. It’s just a shame that the UK government has chosen to deviate from the rest of the country thereby potentially putting people in England (and by extension the rest of us seeing as many are apparently still travelling to holiday homes here) in more danger.

Corona Virus on 21:16 - May 10 with 1051 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:13 - May 10 by Neath_Jack

People are literally dying through lack of testing here in Wales.

For you to use that to try and point score against ECB, is uncalled for and crass.

The comment ECB made is a million miles from your retort.

No, it wasn’t.

People are literally dying here as well. Far more of them. I didn’t vote for the f*ckwit. Unlike some on this board who live in Wales.

Of course I’m directly affected by what happens in Wales and many on this board are not directly affected by what happens in England.

Saying that ‘we’re all grateful we don’t need to listen to him’ is f****ing crass.
Corona Virus on 21:19 - May 10 with 1031 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:16 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

No, it wasn’t.

People are literally dying here as well. Far more of them. I didn’t vote for the f*ckwit. Unlike some on this board who live in Wales.

Of course I’m directly affected by what happens in Wales and many on this board are not directly affected by what happens in England.

Saying that ‘we’re all grateful we don’t need to listen to him’ is f****ing crass.

I think you need to revisit the definition of the word “crass” because it covers your comment about testing to a tee.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Corona Virus on 21:20 - May 10 with 1017 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 21:16 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Why is it not acceptable to point out that Wales (and Scotland. And Northern Ireland) now have different rules to where you live so we don’t (in fact, legally can’t, in many cases) follow the guidelines Johnson announced for England tonight? It’s hardly the same as trying to make a cheap point about testing and I wasn’t defending Wales’s lamentable record in that area. Having listened to Johnson tonight and read the changes for England in some detail I’m happy that we have different rules here for now. It’s just a shame that the UK government has chosen to deviate from the rest of the country thereby potentially putting people in England (and by extension the rest of us seeing as many are apparently still travelling to holiday homes here) in more danger.

You put a f***ing bouncing laughing person at the end of your post saying you’re glad you have different advice. And you say that’s not cheap?

It’s not funny.
Corona Virus on 21:21 - May 10 with 1006 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:16 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

No, it wasn’t.

Aye, I didn't think you would be gracious enough to accept what you said was disgusting.

Shameful, I'm out.

Corona Virus on 21:22 - May 10 with 1004 viewsjack2jack

Why does it always end up as a slanging match on here FFS.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 23:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024