Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 438525 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:20 - May 17 with 1304 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 16:53 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

30m vaccines available in the U.K. by September if the trails are successful. Or so today’s cabinet no mark just said.

You'd have thought that the government would have learnt their lesson by announcing figures and dates. Hopefully they'll hit their target or more carnage will ensue.

And on the vaccine, the next big row will be in what order people receive the vaccine, and will it be compulsory to have it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 17:27 - May 17 with 1295 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 17:20 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

You'd have thought that the government would have learnt their lesson by announcing figures and dates. Hopefully they'll hit their target or more carnage will ensue.

And on the vaccine, the next big row will be in what order people receive the vaccine, and will it be compulsory to have it.

They have to have an announcement per day now. £20m for this, a new target for that. It’s a hostage to fortune and they can’t get out of it now. Why they don’t stop these daily shitfests is beyond me.

Oh, and they’re idiots.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 17:31 - May 17 with 1290 viewscontroversial_jack

What about those who have had the virus and been confirmed and those who believe they have had it, will they still need a vaccination?
Corona Virus on 17:35 - May 17 with 1283 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 17:27 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

They have to have an announcement per day now. £20m for this, a new target for that. It’s a hostage to fortune and they can’t get out of it now. Why they don’t stop these daily shitfests is beyond me.

Oh, and they’re idiots.

In the first couple of weeks, they were useful, if anything they should have started doing them a week or so earlier.

A hostage to fortune, I like that and I'm going to try and use it in work at some point next week

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 17:36 - May 17 with 1282 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:11 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

What i don't get is how come the uk are having so many deaths compared to other countries. There are some countries out there this past week, that are reporting huge new infection numbers, but the deaths are nowhere near what ours was. Now i get there are different reporting procedures, and some are fudging their numbers, but the differences are staggering. There's no way we are the only country in the world that are being truthful with the numbers, absolutely none.

When you look at Italy for example, where they were literally dying in corridors because their care system couldn't cope with the numbers. Yet our NHS has never been anywhere near being stretched, or full beds, yet we still had more deaths.

A few possibilities:

1. Our number of cases is just higher than most places. Due to the connectivity of London, the small size of the country, everything being London centric (very connected to a London by virtually all of the UK which means the internal spread is easier), huge numbers of Chinese visitors (business, students and pleasure), large numbers who go skiing In half terms etc.

2. We have concentrated so much on not overwhelming the NHS we’ve actually underwhelmed it (hospital admissions per week were almost double in France with a similar population size).

3. We’ve a large number of black, Asian and minority ethnic people working within our essential services.

4. We have a generally unfit population who have a bad diet and don’t spend enough time outside.

5. Our healthcare provision in hospitals isn’t as good as elsewhere.

I do not believe 5 to be true, I suspect a combination of the other 4.
Corona Virus on 17:38 - May 17 with 1278 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 17:31 - May 17 by controversial_jack

What about those who have had the virus and been confirmed and those who believe they have had it, will they still need a vaccination?

No idea butt.

Corona Virus on 17:39 - May 17 with 1277 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 16:53 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

30m vaccines available in the U.K. by September if the trails are successful. Or so today’s cabinet no mark just said.

I'm not firing on all cylinders today but even after replaying his words several times I was still left confused by what he said, my interpretation of which was:
- 30m vaccines by September (as you say)
contradicted by
- clinical trials for 'something' in October

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 17:41 - May 17 with 1272 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 17:39 - May 17 by Cooperman

I'm not firing on all cylinders today but even after replaying his words several times I was still left confused by what he said, my interpretation of which was:
contradicted by

I didn’t watch it so only picked up what was reported on the live blogs. It will come as no great shock though if a cabinet minister contradicted themselves in the space of a couple of sentences. Sometimes they do it in the same sentence.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 17:43 - May 17 with 1268 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 17:41 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t watch it so only picked up what was reported on the live blogs. It will come as no great shock though if a cabinet minister contradicted themselves in the space of a couple of sentences. Sometimes they do it in the same sentence.

They did well today. It wasn't the same sentence, it was the one that followed.

Corona Virus on 17:56 - May 17 with 1246 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:39 - May 17 by Cooperman

contradicted by

It’s not a contradiction.

IF the vaccine works, we’ll have 30 m doses by September as it’s been prioritised for the UK.

BUT given no one knows whether it’s going to work, we also have large scale clinical trials underway.

They can’t assume the vaccine will work. If it does ‘work’ there are all sorts of degrees to which it will work. Full immunity (looks highly unlikely), partial immunity (stops the worst of it, which looks more likely).

The fact btw that various competing vaccine interests are trying to criticise it makes me feel more positive. There’s quite the argument going on on social media about it.
Corona Virus on 18:12 - May 17 with 1234 viewsbennytheblue

I’d imagine they dish it out by age, over 80 first, then 70’s etc....
Corona Virus on 18:20 - May 17 with 1226 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 18:12 - May 17 by bennytheblue

I’d imagine they dish it out by age, over 80 first, then 70’s etc....

I'd imagine it would be those with underlying health conditions first, then front line doctors / nurses etc. Then Jacks.

Corona Virus on 18:25 - May 17 with 1217 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:20 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

I'd imagine it would be those with underlying health conditions first, then front line doctors / nurses etc. Then Jacks.

Civil servants near the top of the list. #hiddenheroes.

Corona Virus on 18:31 - May 17 with 1210 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:20 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

Firstly they only need c. half the population before we’ve that dreaded here immunity.

Front line NHS and care workers.

The shielded.

The over 70s.

People with underlying conditions (the ones that are advised to get a flu jab).

Everyone over 40. Or 35 or whatever.

They don’t need to do kids or those in their twenties. Their risk is negligible.

They’ll do everyone they need to with 30 m doses.

Let’s all hope.
Corona Virus on 18:37 - May 17 with 1200 viewsperplex

I would imagine the Elite, members of parliament, royal family etc will make sure they will be first on the list.
Corona Virus on 18:49 - May 17 with 1169 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 17:56 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

It’s not a contradiction.

IF the vaccine works, we’ll have 30 m doses by September as it’s been prioritised for the UK.

BUT given no one knows whether it’s going to work, we also have large scale clinical trials underway.

They can’t assume the vaccine will work. If it does ‘work’ there are all sorts of degrees to which it will work. Full immunity (looks highly unlikely), partial immunity (stops the worst of it, which looks more likely).

The fact btw that various competing vaccine interests are trying to criticise it makes me feel more positive. There’s quite the argument going on on social media about it.

I get the point about 30m vaccines in September but what did he say about clinical trials in October?

Corona Virus on 18:56 - May 17 with 1155 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:53 - May 17 by majorraglan

I think there are a few reasons, including the emphasis on the cough, temperature and breathing difficulties may be putting some people off contacting medical people until it’s too late, there are other symptoms which are being overlooked, the fiasco in care homes and from what I read earlier today potentially a lack of medical equipment and supplies including oxygen.

We have the second highest number of deaths in the world, if you look at the excess deaths as published by the ONS at the first of May we were up by almost 50,000 deaths when compared to the average for corresponding periods over the last 5 years.

"including the emphasis on the cough, temperature and breathing difficulties may be putting some people off contacting medical people until it’s too late"

It is worse than that, this is not an isolated case where patients have been sent home because their symptoms are not too bad.
It was part of government policy, ie go home and self isolate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8328079/Carer-dies-coronavirus-picture-

Notice they say "allowed home" even though she had only recently got over pneumonia, I wonder why she wasn't put in one of those thousands of spare beds the NHS had.
Corona Virus on 19:03 - May 17 with 1146 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:49 - May 17 by Cooperman

I get the point about 30m vaccines in September but what did he say about clinical trials in October?

Just as a caveat, I didn’t watch it, I’ve just read it, but this is my understanding.

There are two separate vaccines at a relatively advanced stage in the UK. One is the Oxford University vaccine (with AstraZenica) and the other is the Imperial College vaccine (it’s a bit confusing as Imperial are also helping Oxford with trials foe theirs).

The Oxford one is in human trials (started in April, and they’ve vaccinated over 1000 people). The trial is being extended to hospitals as the rate of infection in the community is now too low to test properly. They will know by June if it works largely). There will be something like 5000 people trialled as the summer progresses. They know it’s safe really as the vaccine has been in some sort of development for almost 10 years which is why it looks so quick.

If it works, AstraZenica will manufacture 30m doses for the UK by September (it’s being manufactured under licence in other countries, like India at the moment as well - we will have a third, I think of the first available worldwide).

It may not work, in which case attention turns to the Imperial Vaccine which is due to start initial human trials in mid June but with a large clinical trial starting in October.
Corona Virus on 19:06 - May 17 with 1140 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 19:03 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Just as a caveat, I didn’t watch it, I’ve just read it, but this is my understanding.

There are two separate vaccines at a relatively advanced stage in the UK. One is the Oxford University vaccine (with AstraZenica) and the other is the Imperial College vaccine (it’s a bit confusing as Imperial are also helping Oxford with trials foe theirs).

The Oxford one is in human trials (started in April, and they’ve vaccinated over 1000 people). The trial is being extended to hospitals as the rate of infection in the community is now too low to test properly. They will know by June if it works largely). There will be something like 5000 people trialled as the summer progresses. They know it’s safe really as the vaccine has been in some sort of development for almost 10 years which is why it looks so quick.

If it works, AstraZenica will manufacture 30m doses for the UK by September (it’s being manufactured under licence in other countries, like India at the moment as well - we will have a third, I think of the first available worldwide).

It may not work, in which case attention turns to the Imperial Vaccine which is due to start initial human trials in mid June but with a large clinical trial starting in October.

Precisely that. I went searching for a transcript so you may well have read the same text as me. I certainly didn’t hear it that way first time round.

Corona Virus on 19:09 - May 17 with 1138 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:06 - May 17 by Cooperman

Precisely that. I went searching for a transcript so you may well have read the same text as me. I certainly didn’t hear it that way first time round.

I’ve stopped watching them.

They are now actively unhelpful rather than being either helpful or of no use.
Corona Virus on 20:12 - May 17 with 1079 viewsZaxx

It really is not all about London.
There are more regions in the UK apart from London.
Now I guess that some of you think that working class people are plebs and do not live in London but hey, we are still human beings and deserve to have an opinion and a life too... Init!
Corona Virus on 20:35 - May 17 with 1047 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 18:31 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Firstly they only need c. half the population before we’ve that dreaded here immunity.

Front line NHS and care workers.

The shielded.

The over 70s.

People with underlying conditions (the ones that are advised to get a flu jab).

Everyone over 40. Or 35 or whatever.

They don’t need to do kids or those in their twenties. Their risk is negligible.

They’ll do everyone they need to with 30 m doses.

Let’s all hope.

That would be the most fantastic news. It's been relentless crap for what feels a lot longer than a few months.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 21:38 - May 17 with 981 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:12 - May 17 by Zaxx

It really is not all about London.
There are more regions in the UK apart from London.
Now I guess that some of you think that working class people are plebs and do not live in London but hey, we are still human beings and deserve to have an opinion and a life too... Init!

London has some of the most deprived areas in the UK.

We also have most NHS workers, most supermarket workers, most bus drivers, bin-men, teachers, tube drivers, delivery drivers, essential workers in general.

The chip is misplaced.
Corona Virus on 21:53 - May 17 with 962 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 11:43 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

I’m glad you’ve reverted to type standard spouting standard right wing guff with an air of superiority that only dyed in the world Tory shills like you can muster. It was most disconcerting mostly agreeing with you about Brexit. All is right with the world again.

Calm down you silly sausage
Corona Virus on 21:55 - May 17 with 958 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 17 by Scotia

You don't really need to question it when you see the number of excess deaths even if not all of them can be attributed to Covid.
I'll happily reduce my liberties for a while to make sure none of my family become one of them.

Have I said at anytime people who are vulnerable should not be shielded?

This illness in the vast majority of cases is mild

Sometimes the media really do need to face some questions for the scaremongering they constantly put out there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024