Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 438171 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 13:11 - May 18 with 1128 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 12:57 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

Shirley no different to Paris?

Paris has a smaller population and arguably less of a world city. Same with Berlin or Rome
Corona Virus on 13:12 - May 18 with 1124 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 11:08 - May 18 by Highjack

Obviously having something available that alleviates symptoms is a good thing, but that’s not a cure, nor does it stop the virus or prevent the spread in anyway. Or make it any less dangerous for that matter.

Yes. That is rigjt
Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 18 with 1107 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 12:56 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

He’s probably talking about this ‘Sorrento’ antibody.

It’s never even been tested in humans. At all. At even preclinical level.

The problem is these are biotech products and press releases of success are being made very prematurely. Academia is just as guilty. We al have experiments with brilliant results which are either impossible to reproduce or can’t translate to use. There is a lot of anger and dismay on Twitter about these ‘breakthroughs’ being publicised so early. A vaccine, though perhaps not the Oxford one, is the best hope long term.
Corona Virus on 13:30 - May 18 with 1091 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 18 by Professor

The problem is these are biotech products and press releases of success are being made very prematurely. Academia is just as guilty. We al have experiments with brilliant results which are either impossible to reproduce or can’t translate to use. There is a lot of anger and dismay on Twitter about these ‘breakthroughs’ being publicised so early. A vaccine, though perhaps not the Oxford one, is the best hope long term.

Yeah, but look at their share price...
Corona Virus on 13:32 - May 18 with 1084 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 13:30 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, but look at their share price...

Indeed. When it fails (which it probably will) it will plummet too.
Someone making money though
Corona Virus on 13:46 - May 18 with 1062 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:56 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

He’s probably talking about this ‘Sorrento’ antibody.

It’s never even been tested in humans. At all. At even preclinical level.

How can it be the "Sorrento" antibody that has not been tested when it has cured 60 patients?
You really are scraping the barrel now.
Corona Virus on 13:47 - May 18 with 1055 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 18 by Professor

I was feeling quite optimistic about the Oxford vaccine, especially after yesterdays highly caveated promise of 30 million by the Autumn, is there specific any reason you think there may be a better alternative?
I did think that yesterdays announcement came straight from the propaganda machine in Downing Street.
Corona Virus on 13:50 - May 18 with 1047 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:45 - May 18 by Professor

But the point is this helps against the virus. It does not cure. There is transmission pre-symptoms and probably asymptomatic carriers. There are only two ways to control infection. Make a population resistant (vaccination, genetics or exposure) or block transmission (isolation of cases, movement restriction, culling)

You are just not listening are you.
If you can control the spread, control the symptoms and cure the patients the Virus is no longer a killer.
The world can be opened up.

You don't need any fancy expensive Vaccine that usually only works half the time anyway.
You only have to look at it's performance with the flu to see that.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:53 - May 18 with 1041 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 13:50 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

If you can control the spread, control the symptoms and cure the patients the Virus is no longer a killer.

You don't need any fancy expensive Vaccine that usually only works half the time anyway.

That is three absolutley enormous if's!
Corona Virus on 14:03 - May 18 with 1029 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 13:53 - May 18 by Scotia

That is three absolutley enormous if's!

Well, it is what the studies show.
I am only bringing together 3 completely different studies from 3 completely different countries.
There is a massive drug database that holds details of what drugs do, how they do it and what their side effects are. Medical and chemical scientists use it to identify drugs that could work against a particular illness.
That is where the input for the first and last of the drug trials comes from.
There are currently 51 different treatments that are considered worth following up.

Of course the last trial doctors could be lying to their government and the rest of the world I suppose.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:04]
Corona Virus on 14:06 - May 18 with 1021 viewsProfessor

You realise vaccination will be cheaper than drugs. Even cheap generics. Once a vaccine is produced there are usually cheap to make. How do you think we can make complex vector vaccines to use in chicken- they cost less than a penny per dose. The reason vaccine development is heavily subsided through GAVI and by Gates is that they are not profitable- they work with few or even one dose. Stop being naive in thinking what is on the internet is true or valid. There is a lot of hand waving and BS
Corona Virus on 14:08 - May 18 with 1019 viewsHighjack

Vaccines are generally very cheap. Probably cheaper than most drugs.

Edit: Professor got there before me.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:08]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 14:10 - May 18 with 1012 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 13:47 - May 18 by Scotia

I was feeling quite optimistic about the Oxford vaccine, especially after yesterdays highly caveated promise of 30 million by the Autumn, is there specific any reason you think there may be a better alternative?
I did think that yesterdays announcement came straight from the propaganda machine in Downing Street.

The reduction in viral load is not that great. It may stop people getting sick, but not infected. That is OK short term but the virus will mutate and evolve without what we call sterile immunity- one of the Chinese candidates seems to do this in macaques. The mutation can lead to a nastier virus
Corona Virus on 14:14 - May 18 with 1003 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:46 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

How can it be the "Sorrento" antibody that has not been tested when it has cured 60 patients?
You really are scraping the barrel now.

I have literally no idea what you are talking about in that post as it is unintelligible.

What drug has ‘cured’ everyone and is being hushed up all over the world other than on whatever insane alt right sites you tend to inhabit?
Corona Virus on 14:14 - May 18 with 1002 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 14:08 - May 18 by Highjack

Sorry! You are right. There are no expensive vaccines other than for companion animals
Corona Virus on 14:31 - May 18 with 973 viewsDr_Winston

Everyone knows that cases of Coronavirus in the UK are dropping in exact proportion to the number of 5G masts that have been burned.

Vaccine Shmaccine. Get out there with the petrol bombs people.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 14:31 - May 18 with 971 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 14:14 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

I have literally no idea what you are talking about in that post as it is unintelligible.

What drug has ‘cured’ everyone and is being hushed up all over the world other than on whatever insane alt right sites you tend to inhabit?

I am not going to tell you because of your sarcastic mocking tone.
I do the research and you read the Gaurdian and watch the BBC, carry on staying ignorant.
Corona Virus on 14:35 - May 18 with 962 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:31 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

I am not going to tell you because of your sarcastic mocking tone.
I do the research and you read the Gaurdian and watch the BBC, carry on staying ignorant.

You’re on fire today, fair play.
Corona Virus on 14:36 - May 18 with 962 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 14:08 - May 18 by Highjack

"The unit cost of a trivalent vaccination is £5.96. The unit cost of a flu vaccination at a GP surgery or in other healthcare settings is £9.80 for people in eligible groups (NHS England Vaccination and immunisation list 2018/19)."
Yes pennies and how well did you work?

ps I wil answer my own question.
"Mid-season estimates suggest that the flu shot has reduced the risk of illness by around 47% in vaccinated people, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released Thursday. During the severe 2017-2018 flu season, vaccine efficacy was estimated at just 36%"
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:40]
Corona Virus on 14:47 - May 18 with 940 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 14:35 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

You’re on fire today, fair play.

Oh thanks a bloody lot! He was going to tell us what the cure is for covid-19, but he's not now because of your attitude!
Corona Virus on 14:49 - May 18 with 936 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 14:36 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

"The unit cost of a trivalent vaccination is £5.96. The unit cost of a flu vaccination at a GP surgery or in other healthcare settings is £9.80 for people in eligible groups (NHS England Vaccination and immunisation list 2018/19)."
Yes pennies and how well did you work?

ps I wil answer my own question.
"Mid-season estimates suggest that the flu shot has reduced the risk of illness by around 47% in vaccinated people, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released Thursday. During the severe 2017-2018 flu season, vaccine efficacy was estimated at just 36%"
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:40]

A single dose of vaccine protects you for many years, sometimes even for life. Six quid seems quite cheap to me for a lifetimes protection. Whereas drugs would come in courses, you’d have to take two a day for x amount of time every time you have symptoms. That would cost far more.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona Virus on 14:56 - May 18 with 919 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 14:31 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Everyone knows that cases of Coronavirus in the UK are dropping in exact proportion to the number of 5G masts that have been burned.

Vaccine Shmaccine. Get out there with the petrol bombs people.

It’s a scamdemic.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 15:00 - May 18 with 909 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:47 - May 18 by Garyjack

Oh thanks a bloody lot! He was going to tell us what the cure is for covid-19, but he's not now because of your attitude!

Oh, I’m winding him up.

I know exactly what drug he’s on about.

I’m finding it funny that he’s arguing with the prof because the drug is one of drugs most widely used in animals. I’d wager many of us have used it on our dogs.

He’s on about ivermectin (which has been in trials in Johns Hopkins for ages).
Corona Virus on 15:01 - May 18 with 907 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 15:00 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

Oh, I’m winding him up.

I know exactly what drug he’s on about.

I’m finding it funny that he’s arguing with the prof because the drug is one of drugs most widely used in animals. I’d wager many of us have used it on our dogs.

He’s on about ivermectin (which has been in trials in Johns Hopkins for ages).

Which part of John Hopkins are they putting it in?

Corona Virus on 15:02 - May 18 with 901 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 15:01 - May 18 by Highjack

Which part of John Hopkins are they putting it in?

Hopefully the bit with some scientists and doctors although obviously they know less than fansdad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024