Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 438445 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:40 - May 16 with 1947 viewsFieryJack

Corona Virus on 17:13 - May 16 by DJack

I don't know how accurate it is but I've recently read that Swedes maintain social distancing as part of their culture (look up Swedish bus stop). This could help explain why that they have not had totally horrific stats even though they refused to lockdown.

Corona Virus on 18:02 - May 16 with 1914 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 16:33 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

Strange bunch.

As an aside, and going on from Jim's atrocious beard advice, is having a beard now part of the police selection process? Looking at those photo's it seems having a crumb catcher is all the rage with them.

I have a mate who works in H and S and has been doing some work re PPE masks, he reckons for the masks to work properly people need to be clean shaven so there’s a decent fit, if I was a cop working on that demo and getting close up to that lot I would be looking to wear a mask.

Beards would be gone!
[Post edited 16 May 2020 18:02]
Corona Virus on 18:16 - May 16 with 1882 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 18:02 - May 16 by majorraglan

I have a mate who works in H and S and has been doing some work re PPE masks, he reckons for the masks to work properly people need to be clean shaven so there’s a decent fit, if I was a cop working on that demo and getting close up to that lot I would be looking to wear a mask.

Beards would be gone!
[Post edited 16 May 2020 18:02]

Your mate is absolutely correct, even a 5 o'clock shadow will make them less effective, the longer the stubble, the further off your face the mask get's pushed, thus leaving gaps for nasties to get in.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 19:52 - May 16 with 1811 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 18:16 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

Your mate is absolutely correct, even a 5 o'clock shadow will make them less effective, the longer the stubble, the further off your face the mask get's pushed, thus leaving gaps for nasties to get in.

Yes.
When we were fit-tested we were told to come clean-shaven
Corona Virus on 20:50 - May 16 with 1753 viewsjack2jack

Corona Virus on 16:36 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

Back to this briefing...

Jenny Harries, she was one of tidy ones when this all started, she's gone right off the boil the last couple of weeks. I can't help thinking that she no longer believes half the stuff she says (or is told to say) anymore.

And Williamson, I can't help but be reminded of Frank Spencer when i see / hear him, just me or can anyone else see it?

I can't watch these anymore, they have become party political broadcasts.
Look what we've achieved, look how we are getting this under control, fvcking bollox, doctors, nurses, bus drivers, binmen and everyone else, that's who you've got to thank, not this clueless, self indulgent bunch of tossers.
Where the fvck is Johnson again,hes fvcked off and left his minions, deal with the awkward questions. The sh!t that comes out of their mouths is unbelievable, they get questioned and spend all day, between briefings, trying to come up with, lies and counter lies to dig themselves out of any situation, which by the way is invariably as a consequence of their complete and utter ineptitude. It boils my p!ss.
The experts they have either side of them, most have become charactures of themselves, why because they are briefed, before the briefings.
Oh and the media, and TV can fvck off as well, they are breeding fear, amongst everyone, theres people who I know, including a family member, who is now so scared of this situation, they are barely going out, it's shocking.
Only in Britain,only in Britain.
Corona Virus on 21:01 - May 16 with 1733 viewscontroversial_jack

Ten new admissions to Prince of Wales hospital yesterday, with 4 going to ICU. It would coincide with VE day celebrations.Will people ever learn?
Corona Virus on 21:03 - May 16 with 1734 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 20:50 - May 16 by jack2jack

Look what we've achieved, look how we are getting this under control, fvcking bollox, doctors, nurses, bus drivers, binmen and everyone else, that's who you've got to thank, not this clueless, self indulgent bunch of tossers.
Where the fvck is Johnson again,hes fvcked off and left his minions, deal with the awkward questions. The sh!t that comes out of their mouths is unbelievable, they get questioned and spend all day, between briefings, trying to come up with, lies and counter lies to dig themselves out of any situation, which by the way is invariably as a consequence of their complete and utter ineptitude. It boils my p!ss.
The experts they have either side of them, most have become charactures of themselves, why because they are briefed, before the briefings.
Oh and the media, and TV can fvck off as well, they are breeding fear, amongst everyone, theres people who I know, including a family member, who is now so scared of this situation, they are barely going out, it's shocking.

It's awful viewing butty.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 21:07 - May 16 with 1725 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 21:01 - May 16 by controversial_jack

Ten new admissions to Prince of Wales hospital yesterday, with 4 going to ICU. It would coincide with VE day celebrations.Will people ever learn?

I don't think it would coincide with VE day. 5 to 7 days before symptoms emerge and then a few days to get ill enough to need to be in hospital.

10 in a day is worrying none the less.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:11 - May 16 with 1712 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 21:07 - May 16 by Scotia

I don't think it would coincide with VE day. 5 to 7 days before symptoms emerge and then a few days to get ill enough to need to be in hospital.

10 in a day is worrying none the less.

It would have been 7 days yesterday
Corona Virus on 21:13 - May 16 with 1711 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 21:11 - May 16 by controversial_jack

It would have been 7 days yesterday

But it is at least a few days until hospitalisation usually, so I'd expect anyone who caught it on VE day to be going to hospital next weekend.
Corona Virus on 21:15 - May 16 with 1707 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 21:13 - May 16 by Scotia

But it is at least a few days until hospitalisation usually, so I'd expect anyone who caught it on VE day to be going to hospital next weekend.

Something to look forward to then
Corona Virus on 22:01 - May 16 with 1660 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:50 - May 16 by jack2jack

I think the choice is to go out there and tell us what Bojo says to tell us or lose their jobs. Under Bojo it's probably just self preservation.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 22:50 - May 16 with 1634 viewssP7qupUf

Corona Virus on 22:01 - May 16 by Catullus

I think the choice is to go out there and tell us what Bojo says to tell us or lose their jobs. Under Bojo it's probably just self preservation.

Given what we are dealing with you would hope that people who hold positions that they do would have some personal/professional integrity. it seems a lifetime ago now, but Hestletine stuck to his guns over the Westland affair and stuck two fingers up to Maggie.... Boris is no Maggie!!!
Corona Virus on 23:17 - May 16 with 1590 viewsJack123

I really hope we are not going in this direction :(

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 04:07 - May 17 with 1492 viewsnyc_swans

Corona Virus on 23:17 - May 16 by Jack123

ha. i was literally in that park this evening and noticed those circles.
Corona Virus on 09:18 - May 17 with 1399 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 23:17 - May 16 by Jack123

Libertarians all over the world will be outraged, despite not having any friends. It’s their right to be c*nts and infect others if they choose to do so.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 09:57 - May 17 with 1363 viewsmagicdaps10

Just read a story that Jenny Harries said that young children will socially distance at school... Wtf planet do these people come from!?

4/5/6 Yr olds socially distancing...WOW.

How old is this Harries and what is her background in relation to her personal life to even think it yet state it!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 11:13 - May 17 with 1331 viewsrockj

Find it insightful how happily people are to throw away their liberties without question

No wonder communism and fascism has flourished in the past

There’s nothing wrong with questioning the lockdown, nothing wrong with being concerned by the State encroaching on our lives

The problem with the left is they think they have a monopoly on being nice and moral. They can never see it from the other persons perspective.

The assumption is always you don’t care about other people and it’s all about money and that’s why the Far right continue to grow.

The obvious political example of immigration, the left for years shouted racist at people like myself who were questioning mass immigration 15/20 years ago. Me a pro European FOM fan, what happened? Need I say anymore

Please stop calling people c**ts for having a different point of view
Corona Virus on 11:28 - May 17 with 1319 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 11:13 - May 17 by rockj

Find it insightful how happily people are to throw away their liberties without question

There’s nothing wrong with questioning the lockdown, nothing wrong with being concerned by the State encroaching on our lives

The problem with the left is they think they have a monopoly on being nice and moral. They can never see it from the other persons perspective.

The assumption is always you don’t care about other people and it’s all about money and that’s why the Far right continue to grow.

The obvious political example of immigration, the left for years shouted racist at people like myself who were questioning mass immigration 15/20 years ago. Me a pro European FOM fan, what happened? Need I say anymore

You want to worry about coronavirus encroaching on your life at the moment never mind the state 👍🏻
[Post edited 17 May 2020 11:29]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 11:40 - May 17 with 1309 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:22 - May 16 by Professor

Far from ideal, but looks promising.
I am not a clinical scientist but more fundamental experimentalist. We don’t get bias problems
Because we have properly controlled variables so a bit beyond what I do.@ I

Prof, how about a non clinical study that finds a drug that cuts the spread of COVID-19 by around 90%.
Would that be useful?

Don't you think that all the countries would be looking at the same data?

Of course you wouldn't need any fancy expensive Vaccines if it actually works, so there would be lot's of red faces and cuts in financing as well as massive losses in profits.
Corona Virus on 11:43 - May 17 with 1308 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m glad you’ve reverted to type standard spouting standard right wing guff with an air of superiority that only dyed in the world Tory shills like you can muster. It was most disconcerting mostly agreeing with you about Brexit. All is right with the world again.

Corona Virus on 11:56 - May 17 with 1299 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 09:57 - May 17 by magicdaps10

Just read a story that Jenny Harries said that young children will socially distance at school... Wtf planet do these people come from!?

4/5/6 Yr olds socially distancing...WOW.

How old is this Harries and what is her background in relation to her personal life to even think it yet state it!

She’s Welsh mun so she must be ok.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 12:20 - May 17 with 1263 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:40 - May 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Prof, how about a non clinical study that finds a drug that cuts the spread of COVID-19 by around 90%.
Would that be useful?

Don't you think that all the countries would be looking at the same data?

Of course you wouldn't need any fancy expensive Vaccines if it actually works, so there would be lot's of red faces and cuts in financing as well as massive losses in profits.

You do know that the UK has had controlled clinical studies of 5 different treatments in place now for weeks.

Why don’t you rely on these rather than non clinical studies?

Yet another large scale study this week has said that your favourite has had no effect but has caused heart issues. There are all sorts of mixed findings. When they’ve looked at all these things properly we’ll stand a chance.

If any drug was genuinely cutting the disease by 90% you think they’d ignore it because of ‘profits’? Do you have any idea whatsoever what lockdown measures are costing governments across the world?
Corona Virus on 12:42 - May 17 with 1241 viewsexiledclaseboy

Couple of polls today showing that public confidence in the U.K. government’s handling of the pandemic is tumbling. Looks like Johnson’s ineptitude and the shambles of last weekend might catch up with him. Shame about the majority of 80 mind.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 17 with 1201 viewsScotia

You don't really need to question it when you see the number of excess deaths even if not all of them can be attributed to Covid.
I'll happily reduce my liberties for a while to make sure none of my family become one of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024